Exalted General

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/d8erArwm
pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG
pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR
pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6
pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz

What's your favourite place in Creation?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit#heading=h.vhio4ifkp3is
youtube.com/watch?v=FBFC3xC4Tk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can some one give me all the laughing Ashtons they have? Arms taking forever is making me feel like they will be useful when splats are on the horizon.

Damn, I want them Arms now! OPP, y u so slow?

Guys, a player of mine wants to buff others in combat using her charms. Are there good charms in 3ed for that?

I found only Empowering Shout for now.

I think Silver Voiced Nightingale Style has charms for that.

Also Presence and Performance, Lore and War, might have some things for her.

>What's your favourite place in Creation?

I really, really like Palanquin. Though I'd entirely ignore the Ysyr conquest of Palanquin, it's probably my favorite location introduced in 3E, and one of my favorite places in Creation as a whole. I'd be ecstatic at the thought of a party deciding that visiting the city and opening the gate to Zen-Mu were major milestones for a campaign.

>What's your favourite place in Creation?
The Realm in general. I guess Arjuf to be exact. It has a comfy feel. But the whole countryside is nice.

Remember the most important rule of these threads: Never talk about the place that must not be named.
You know the one.

Thanks.

What is the Exalted equivalent of the Balkans and/or Slavs in general?

Probably somewhere in the middle north or northeast. I remember reading in 3e that a location in the north was ruled by a voivode, which is a Slavic title if I'm not mistaken. Though since this is Creation we're talking about, that could be the only Slavic thing about the place.

I think you are talking about Medo, which comes of too me as being a fusion of Mongols and Transylvania.

What is the level of public awareness of the Empress' disappearance?

It is known, but it's being presented as Empress doing some shit that's no one else's business. At least I seem to recall that's the state of affairs. Empress has spent time away or in seclusion before, so it's a relatively believable lie.

Practically everybody in Creation, at least near any real trade routes knows she vanished some time ago. Nobody knows why though. She has left before, but never for this long. Some people think she's dead. Others think that maybe she's hiding and waiting for someone to try and take over the Realm before she jumps out and says, "Gatcha!"

Cynis sex houses?

Gem?

Nope

You are pretty close, at least in the right Direction.

Is there any good guide on charm creation? Like how much utility you should get per mote, when you should charge WP, etc? Or do I need to just read all the charm trees and play enough games to get a "feel" for it?

Widely known in the realm, and in places where they have a lot of influence. Widely varying levels of knowledge beyond that.

So we know where she is? Is she in hell like in 2e or is it going to be more ambiguous this time around?

They seem to be going for more ambiguity in general in this edition. I hope that they stick with that principle leave the Empress's fate unconfirmed this time around.

I did make a guide with my notes on how I make charms overall. It's not official, but I used this to price out nearly every charm I've made, and I've made *a lot* of them.

Just head down to the charm section.

docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit#heading=h.vhio4ifkp3is

Considerint their past statements, I think they will. Wasn' her fate unconfirmed in 1E as well? Or did it just make obvious implications about her whereabouts without quite explicitly stating them? I don't remember for sure.

>Or did it just make obvious implications about her whereabouts without quite explicitly stating them?

This, though I think later on they confirmed it.

Gen-Con, it seems like.

Celestial Bliss Trick?

I think I might prefer Virtues from 2.5e to intimacies in 3e.

Paragon

How sad were your parents when you grew up to be stupid?

I forget, are the souls in soulsteel still conscious?
or were the minds destroyed in the process of creation.

they can only feel pain

They scream, moan, and can sometimes be heard crying out for help, but I doubt they have senses, and even if they still had their full awareness they'd probably go nuts pretty quickly.

I'm more interested in whether or not they could be rehabilitated

the smart money says that you preferred how your group handled Virtues in 2.5 which isn't necessarily the same thing

Is there a god of soulsteel?
Or would that be like, one of the forbidden gods no one in heaven likes because of their disgusting purview?

desu it mostly stems from that I don't get how intimacies work in 3e. Though that's probably because I'm schizoid?

It's fucking Paragon. Let's talk about Paragon.

What's Paragon?

A dictatorship.

Well I'm glad you asked! Paragon is a city on the southern coast of the inland sea, between Gem and Chiascuro. It's famous for being the city state run by the Perfect, a man in possession of a First Age artifact of ludicrous power called the Staff of Peace and Order. It's not a nuke, no, it's simply the most powerful empire building tool you could possibly hope for, other than maybe the Eye of Autochthon. It gives you a one dot bonus to six attributes, renders you immune to aging, disease, unnatural mental influence, terrestrial sorcery, and celestial sorcery. But its real power comes from its oath binding ability. If you swear an oath to the owner of the Staff and then break it, he can choose to inflict anything from minor, permanent pain to death, and you can only resist the effect if you have a magical ability that contests Crippling effects, and even then the Staff has sixteen dice and an Essence rating of eight to roll against you. And this is any kind of oath, not necessarily an oath of fealty. And if you have sworn an oath, the Staff's wielder can perceive what you perceive for one mote or hijack your body if you're a mortal for five motes.

Basically Eclipse on Steroids the Stick the Movie?

The Perfect is a dictator.

What specifically are you having problem with? If it's something specific, I'm sure we could help you figure it out.

Why, anons? Has this discussion ever lead to anything good?

Because Paragon is worthy of discussion and it is something to do.

Mortals who exalt into Dragonblooded will stay bound by whatever oaths they swore to the Staff's user, but Celestials will cease being bound by those oaths. Otherwise the only way to get rid of the binding is to use Solar tier countermagic. The Perfect of Paragon has used the staff to create a fascist utopia.

The bottom line is that if the Staff fell into the hands of someone with real power who was able to retain ownership of it it would have terrifying consequences for everyone else. It enables total control over a potentially limitless number of mortals and Terrestrials. It makes no goddamn sense that the Perfect has held onto it for 470 years because he's not powerful enough to do so against the people who'd want to take it. He knows a buttload of terrestrial martial arts charms and spells, but has very little essence to fuel them as a mortal. His armor is shit and the staff is his only weapon. He's got an Eclipse caste diplomat in his service and doubtless an elemental or five to serve as bodyguards, but it's not as though there's a full Wyld Hunt stationed in Paragon to stop the Lunars in the south who'd want it and are more than powerful enough to take it, specifically Tammuz, who is Essence 8 and hangs out in Chiascuro often. If you want to be charitable and assume that he's also got a couple Terrestrial bodyguards it still doesn't make any difference, Tammuz has been alive since the First fucking Age and can annihilate them. Then you take into account the fact that the Perfect hasn't always had these stats and servants, he was just a thaumaturgist originally, and you wonder how the fuck he held onto the damn thing for even a century. People as far away as the Varangian city states and the Realm know about the Staff at the current date. Beyond Lunars there are reckless gods, elementals, fey, and nowadays solars, abyssals, and infernals who'd want that shit. It would be a disaster if anyone took it and no has destroyed it because of shit writing.

Could a mortal turn themselves into a god using a working and then as a god learn celestial circle sorcery?

Wouldn't that take like an absurdly long time though?

>Staff of Peace and Order

How horrible!

What are min charms to massproduce this kind of shit?

Everything I just spat out is 2E, so if you're playing 3E I can't help other than to say that it's not magitech but it is First Age and its artifact level is NA, beyond 5. If you are playing 2E you'll need an Essence 5 solaroid with two purchases of Wonder Forgiing Genius or whatever to lower the minimum stat requirements. A factory-cathedral or atelier manse along with demon/elemental/whatever workers would be very useful, but not required. And the staff is usable by mortals without enlightened essence, so that quote is super relevant.

>it's simply the most powerful empire building tool you could possibly hope for

I don't know about that. I have a Solar, a bunnygirl Lunar waifu, Tiger Warrior Training, and a libido that just won't quit.

I'm looking to make a god-blooded empire with a weird.... weird way of defending itself.
Right like the royalty (and therefor the most divine) will either produce a minor Magical Material when they die; creating a source for artifact weapons and armor.

Or over their long years they eventually mutate into some sort of god-monster, magically compelled to obey their non-monster family members and are used as elite warriors to defend this kingdom.

I'm not sure if these ideas are any good.

The latter is pretty cool, the former doesn't really work.

I agree with . The latter idea is pretty cool. It might be the results of some kind of an attempt to strengthen their divine blood - maybe a sorcerous Working, a blessing of their divine progenitor or something else. Something that strengthens the blood as it is supposed to do, only human form and human minds can't quite deal with it.

Tell me about your anima banners

I'm playing a guy inspired by Syndrome from the Incredibles, Every time he goes bonfire he projects a new iteration of the Omnibot, which I'm eventually going to build.

Why do people in the Exalted community seem so obsessed with in-between splats, like God Bloods, or "essence wielding mortals"? What is the root of this desire for that, but not to use or play an Exalt, besides specific game power-level concerns?

>What is the root of this desire for that

Dickwaving, atop with an unhealthy dose of "My splat should be better than your splat because fuck you thats why" and "why isn't MY splat the lead of the game why is the game designed entirely around Solars waaaaaah!".

I can never think of an anima banner so I try to avoid going totem as long as possible

More realistically, it's just people wanting something new, variety, new perspectives on the setting, and especially non-Exalts to use as allies or anatgonists for the PCs.

I'd honestly rather we get a big book of monsters and weird shit rather than a generic "Here is yet ANOTHER set of humans with magic powers". We already have Lunars/Sids/Infernals/Solars/DB's/etc/etc, and the only variation is really fae, but they're all basically "human with special powers".

I want big fire spewing god monsters. Tentacle beasts. I want shit straight out of Monster Hunter. I want animals, delerict spirits, etc. Give me monstrous shit, stop giving me "humans with magic". The whole game is already "humans with magic". Not that that is a bad thing, but it also shouldn't basically be the only option for enemies either.

It would be their life's work, since turning into a spirit would be Celestial circle itself, and thus take several decades, but theoretically, yes. Hell of a payoff.

Humans with magic is so broad category that calling them generic makes little sense. That said, fire spewing god mosnters and tentacle beasts definitely have their place. NPCs you can interact with outside of combat, who you can at least somewhat understand and potentially come to an agreement with, have an even more important place, though. Getting weirder and more inhuman creatures would be great, but not getting any examples of unique beings falling into the extremely broad, versatile and useful category of "humans with magic" would not be an acceptable price for it.

Daily reminder that Lunars will ALWAYS be shit and lame.

Great. Now I can't see Lunars as anything but Antifa and Immaculates as Nazis. Way to ruin 2 splats.

So we know the Realm has ~10,000 actual Dragonblooded Dynasts but how many DBs are in each House?

You've got shit like V'neef which has maybe 5 or 6 DBs and Nellens who doesn't have that many. But how many would you say Mnemon or Ragara have? On top of that you've got minor/cadet Houses that aren't considered Great Houses but still have some amount of DBs in them.

Any ideas?

Where do the Sidereals fit in considering that they control the Immaculates and wage a secret war against the Lunars?

The lizard people.

I thought that was the lunars

Yeah, I had a idea for a solar doing what solars do and trying to figure out how to create 'ethical' soulsteel, like take the souls out or something along those lines.

>and Immaculates as Nazis

They always were nazi's though. Bunch of skinheads brute forcing their way through God's chosen.

>Getting weirder and more inhuman creatures would be great, but not getting any examples of unique beings falling into the extremely broad, versatile and useful category of "humans with magic" would not be an acceptable price for it.

It would be if those weird things were part of the setting and had roles/jobs/whatever to make it so they weren't just the monster of the week.

|>

>Taking the Souls out of Soulsteel

I know that Exalted is all about doing the impossible, but when you're trying to remove souls out of steel that is made up of souls and nothing else, then you might have a flaw in your plan.

>steel that is made up of souls and nothing else

There is actually a second component to soulsteel, IIRC; a black metal refined from the stone that makes up the Labyrinth.

Look, we know creation can spit out souls infinitely, we just go take soul stuff that isnt full souls and use it instead, no mind no moral.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how weird would it be to say my zenith already conjectured that souls reincarnate using the same reasoning plato did?

Weird only because most everyone believes souls reincarnate already and therefore your Zenith would have to come from one of the few cultures that didn't think reincarnation was a thing and then independently came to the same conclusion. Which isn't TOO weird since it's a truth about the world, it'd be like thinking it's weird that multiple separate cultures discovered the same truths about science or math but it does serve to make yourself out as something of a special snowflake.

>My culture doesn't know about reincarnation, but I'm not like my culture, I'm smart! I independently discovered souls!

So there's that.

>post your circle's theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=FBFC3xC4Tk8

There are actually a few different magical materials than can be harvested from people's bodies. I'm going to be honest I was looking at Sorcery Scrolls when I thought up that idea.
Particularly the First Age eugenics program, the Ruler's lifespan and divine blood magical materials.

I figure I'd mix those together to come up with a group of people who slowly grow into their magical material overtime. The longer the life = the more material grown.

Isn't Soulsteel made up of two things; an actual metal type and ghosts?
Because I know you can mine unfinished Soulsteel somewhere in the North.

Is this gameline dead yet?

Soon™

Dubs confirm

Gotta say, pretty fun using these things.

Ooh fancy
Got anything more?

They're giving out early copies at Gencon.

>New content
IT'S LIT SENPAI

Fluff that looks mostly barely changed since 1E/2E is alright, but how about something of substance?

SHOW EVOCATIONS YOU FAG

I mean they played pretty well, if a bit clunky. I only took part in the demo games they had because my friend wanted to.

I have no idea what those are.

Don't fucking tease me like this you shit

No seriously, I barely know the first thing about Exalted. I have no idea what an evocation is in the first place.

He means the warstrider's powers and abilities.

I think I remember one of them. It gave like a bonus on a roll and allowed you reroll some numbers.

My memory is a bit rough, as I went to Starfinder after the Exalted game and was sperging out over that.

Yes, there are materials that can harvested from corpses, but I was rejecting his first suggestion out of dislike of the sort of story that would create.

Has anyone tried their hand at writing Charm descriptions?
Not actuallys statting and balancing Charms they made, bu just describing them?

Striking his fists into the element of his aspect, the Dragon-blooded infuses it with his Essence. Upon drawing back his arms he will find them encrusted with his elenent, enhancing his unarmed strikes.

>Story it would create
What?

>You've got shit like V'neef which has maybe 5 or 6 DBs
Why would V'Neef have that few Dragon-Blooded? It doesn't actually consist of just V'Neef and her descendants, you know, but also of Dragon-Blooded adopeten into the House. V'Neef Risa, Dace's lieutenant, is a canon example of such an adoptee.