Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Angry Elf Amazon waifu edition.

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Old thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Go_mpfuUn68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that's supposed to be angry
>that's supposed to be an amazon
>waifu
Already ruined.

dumb marienburger

Question for you /wfb/urgers:₩; what is the difference - if any - between a priest praying for a miracle and a wizard casting a spell?

Is there a city map of Sartosa, rather than just the island one?

A spell is directly tapping the winds of magic and having to do every step in shaping the nature of the spell yourself. Lots of calculations and practiced movements necessary to not fuck up, plus your own magic talent having determining the potency of your spell.

Priest miracles are, very simply put, you asking your god to cast the spell for you, from the god's vast pool of magic, with success based on how much favour you've earned by sticking to the doctrine and having legit faith.

In short magic is like cooking spells and miracles is bying instant noodles.

Meanwhile, chaos magic, the thinking man's magic, is both: earning power and understanding of magic by Tzeentch while having the freedom to tinker with it as an extension of the Raven god's will.

Ones spells come from a god, other (is a heretic) get's powers from the warp...and can explode/get possessed/turn into a portal to hell

the wizard has to think of a way to take a rock out of a river and actually do it himself

the priest asks someone else to give him the rock

>2 Cathayan warrior monks
>2 Arabyan mages
>2 Ulricans
>dark elf sorceress
>wood elf war dancer
Other than Nippon geishas, a high elf, and Amazons what else do I need for a well balanced harem?

Lizardmen are the purest of races

Also CA gave us what's perhaps a first on screen view of the thinking behind lizardmen sacrificing other lizardmen

Hopefully we'll get to see a canon regarding their afterlife beliefs

Slaaneshi daemonette

Wait, are they making Warhammer Fantasy Warriors? That's like a dream come true.

Damn I can't wait to burn their forests down.

Norsecans are off limits as haremettes user, chaos a shit.

Bye bye dark elf sorceress.

>I expect Tomb Kings and Araby to become DLC because there are no other real choices for the second game

Not in any way a realistic choice as they have barebones fluff and nill tabletop-presence but I really hope that we will see a Mung-dlc with some lovely chaotic horseniggers.
It's just so much fun drowning the enemy in arrows and only get in a melee at the final, decisive charge, wherein you break the enemy army.
Besides horse archers, what units would you include in a Mung-roster?

I don't have to tell you rainforests don't burn that well, lots of shadows too under those steamy humid skies and rocks.

On other news about the weather: the ruins of Chupayotl seem to have resurfaced from the sea with a new small landmass south of lustria.

what other advancements does this map hide?

No.

Okay, tell me, what the fuck did those kids do to him in school?

With this in mind - is the Slaughterpriest from AoS using magic when he prays to Khorne and asks him to make peoples heads explode?

Made him play age of sigmar.

>AoS

I would tell you to fuck off, but I'd rather explain that pretty much all lore is effectively cancelled with the setting transition, so who knows if it still works like that over there there. You'll probably have more luck asking in their general since they've actually read the game's lore and can confirm what you say.

Also fuck off.

Come on, user, you can't be so half-arsed. Either get rid of all the chaos or face the slaaneshi futa-dick.

I'd happily take the futa dick if it didn't mean everyone dies.

Get your head out of your rubber cunt you elitist fuckwit, I have a point I'm working on here. Trying to figure out if the concept of a Slaughterpriest could be made backwards compatible because, whilst a majority of AoS minis are CAD garbage - that one has some mustard.

Additionally

>expecting people who post in AoS General to know AoS lore
>expecting people who play AoS to know AoS lore
>expecting AoS to have lore.

>I don't have to tell you rainforests don't burn that well,
One way or another I'm burning some lizards next to some trees, along with some serious logging.

>is the Slaughterpriest from AoS using magic when he prays to Khorne and asks him to make peoples heads explode?
Practically everything regarding chaos is magical, be it your way of contacting the gods or the way the gods have to actually see you (souls and consciousness are magic in a way and the gods don't really care about soulless beings, I'm not even sure they would be able to focus on a rock) and chaos is often hypocritical or self contradicting so khorne being made of magic stuff and casting spells, regardless of how brutal they may be, isn't too much of an inconsistency with his rules about the use of magic.

fact is that priests' miracles are different enough to wizards' spells, if not in effects, at least in methodology, to warrant a separation.
the slaughterpriest does not cast magic spells.

Depends on where you stand. I always thought Khorne's unbridled disdain for anything magic is nonsensical when he's 100% magic and anything he does is also 100% magic. I always thought that Khorne magic should just be primitive and in-your-face as apposed to manipulative and subtle.

I was being cheeky user.

>expecting AoS to have lore.

I mean, surely it has some right? Otherwise how in the fuck has their general lasted to this day?

Anyway, if we were to theoretically apply the slaughterpriest idea to Fantasy, I would say that it probably wouldn't work, since the for Khorne straight up attack sorcery is for pussies therefore he wouldn't have any miracle/spells of that nature. You either use your own hands to make the blood flow or you're a tzeentchian bitch.

The most common khorne magic is the creating of anti-magic amulets to counter magic sissies.

Whilst I'd personally make the argument that a prayer is not metaphysically distinct enough from a spell to dostinguish the two, that's not even tbe major issue here.

It plain doesn't make sense for Khorne to do the slaughtering for his followers.

Give them mutations or magical weapons/armour/followers to make them even more dead killy, sure.

But using divine magic when a big part of his schtick is 'No Wizards Allowed'?

That shit just doesn't fly.

A Lahmian.

>I always thought Khorne's unbridled disdain for anything magic

It's not anything magic though, he's noted as being the master of forging magical weapons, it's wizards.

Khorne magic should be pretty in-lin with Dwarf magic: basically buffing your weapons, armor and personal stats.

Most of the AoS general is tactics, minis and speculation. I'm pretty sure they come here when they want to talk lore.

As for a Slaughterpriest in Fantasy?...

I suppose I could kind of see it working, as basically a warrior priest style character. But I'd like to believe there would be dissension in the ranks with some Khornates just flat out calling his shit magic and wanting to gut him for it.

>That shit just doesn't fly.
You're right, but it looks cool enough for me.

The way of the lord are innumerable, some could say.

>It doesn't make sense for Khorne to kill someone.

You're wrong.

I always enjoyed myself the idea of khorne wizards being magicians of other schools that get captured/chained/drugged/whatever for a penitent and often self destructing weaponization on the battlefield.

Let's Encyclopedia Brown this bitch.

>Magic comes from manipulating the Winds of Magic
>The winds of Magic are the seperated strains that come from the Realm of Chaos as it leaks into the world.
>The gods come from/are/are made of/reside in (choose as appropriate) the Realm of Chaos
>Therefor any actions they take on the world is essentially the material of the Realms of Chaos influencing the real world.
>ie: magic

The only difference as I can see is that, because a priest is essentially calling on a higher power, there is another sentience doing all the heavy lifting that could decide 'fuck it, no'.

But as for practical and philosophically - yeah, prayers = a different form of magic

No u

Well, of course, Wizards are sneaky, subtle and avoid combat.
Which should make a musclewizard that summons storms of blood by decapitating bitches and exploding skeletons out of his enemies by screaming incoherently A-OK in his book.

For a guy who just wants blood to flow, his beef with a whole class of people who could basically industrialise it is weird.

I mean, sure.

As long as you need to be on melee range and actually hit the guy beforehand. I dunno if that's how the slaughterpriest wors though as I haven't read AoS

Do they even have models?

There's Neferata, but

>End Times

If you're up for that then be my guest

The problem is, if his followers start realising magic is good, he'd lose a lot of people to his brother who sells objectively better magic.

it's not like tzeentch can't also offer being buff should he want to.

>Why no Khorme liki da magic ;_; ??1/?!

Magic is portrayed as an intellectual pursuit.
Khorne's followers are rage blinded and lack the clear head necessary for such things.

>huge model
At that rate I might as well just use Alarielle or this bitch.
They shouldn't be too pricey on the third market right?

Based on that, would you also assert that a calculating serial killer like, say, the Zodiac Killer couldn't be a Khornate cultist?

Seems more like a tzeentch guy, the murders are less about killing and more about getting people to play into his mind games.

Serial killers are usually perverts or narcissists.So Slaanesh or Tzeentch would fit better.
Khorne is more the going postal type.

That's why you shouldn't have a Faction that is Literally Magic and then one part of them be The Magic God.

Also, it works for Slaanesh and Nurgle. Just have Khorne Sorcery be different, guttural, primitive and direct. You want seventeen cocks or mind control people? That ain't Khorne. Khorne gives you a screaming skull missile that explodes the heads of your enemies into more screaming skulls.

By that line of reasoning, why do Nurgle and Slaanesh bother if Tzeench unconditionally can do magic better?

So that must preclude him from being khornate? He can't kill for the love of killing for Khorne and then make a game on top of it?

They're not as mad as Khorne.

No, the game is pointless frivolity.

Yes.
Blood for the blood god, not mind games.
You go, you kill, you keep killing.
You don't kill, leave a message, kill again, and keep fucking with people. It's no longer about the blood it's about your own ego as a mastermind.

Donno. But those crusaders in Araby and a kingdom of strygos grinding my gears far more.

>Final battle of Bretonnia .
>Go into the chaos wastes and punch archaon in the face.

Lore question. How suicidal is this idea?

>advancements
The time line of this thing is all over the place. Nothing to advance.

These answers seem to lack depth. There's nothig stopping a serial killer from dedicating his kills to khorne and playing mind games with the city watch because they're a sick monster.

Khorne might be better suited to obvious murder and mindless rage, but there's not some caveat that stops intelligent killers from kiling in his name.

He could dedicated his killing to Shallya if he wanted. Doesn't mean it's particularly true to her ethos or character.

>Lahmia is worstpire
t. Ushoran

Nah. He considers spells cheating. Crafting magic stuff to kill people? Fine with him.
Mind bullets? Get the bloodhounds.

Archaon the Hedgehog lost to an orc, do not too suicidal.

Killing is praying for a khornate. Praying isn't something to enjoy.

Enjoying it is for slaaneshis.

It was mother fucking Grimgor.
Only Crom is save from da best.

No, Slaughterpriest and his faithful kill and shed blood. If the offering is pleasing, his prayers will be answered by Khorne.

Khorne in WHFB has intevene in battlefields before. Throwing Brass Skulls the size of boulders or stabbing the planet with his skyscraper Ebon sword.

When did that happen?

>God magically boils opponents blood
>Not magic

A nurse going around offerig Shallya's Benediction and euthanasing the terminally ill seems perfectly fittig to both Shallya and a serial killer.

Daemons of Chaos army book. Khorne threw a Brass skull at a bloodthister.

In the End Times, to help his chosen warriors, Khorne stabbed the battlefield with his sword. Normal people saw only darkness that left behind destruction. Those with witchsight saw a black sword streching to the heavens stabbing into the earth.

It's not magic. Khorne is the one doing it, not the Slaughtepriest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Go_mpfuUn68

>that ending
hot

>In the End Times

So how do bloodwracks procreate?

They are Morathi cursed females with minds of animals except for a small spark sapience to torment about all they have lost. I expect there are only a set number of them.

>The time line of this thing is all over the place.
except for the resurrection of vlad and isabella and the repositioning of certain characters into other zones, the timeline is pretty coherent with the state of the warhammer world right after karl franz's coronation.

by advancement I mostly mean retroactive additions to the fluff like what I'm assuming to be neo-strigos getting refunded in the land of the dead after the fall of the one in the badlands.

Volkmar almost managed it, and he's just an old man with a popemobile.

>Volkmar almost managed it,

No he didn't. He got smashed/

He marched into the chaos wastes and challenged Archaon to single combat.

He got smashed in the duel, but he's not exactly a combat monster, so that's to be expected.

Dude, Volkmar came at Archaon with his silly float. Archaon took one swing at him smashing and his float to a bloody ruin. One Punch manned him.

When can into best mom?

>He marched into the chaos wastes and challenged Archaon to single combat.

They fought in troll country, not the wastes.

A Bretonnian princess.

Would a damsel be a good base for one?
And to the user that mentioned the daemonette, Arabyans imprison daemons in jars right? She can be the djinn of a wizard lord riding either a Pegasus or magic carpet.

More a cultist of Khaine.

Yeah, one of the damsels on foot should work great. So you're actually trying to model this?

Shallya's biggest and most important stricture is "Avoid killing." The next biggest "do not obstuct a soul when it is time for it to depart." Shallyans do not kill. Period.

You're just...not good at understanding ANY of the gods, are you?

I still think Teclis' helmet looks like it's too big for his head.

To be fair to that user, there have been heretical Shallyan sects before. Ones that unknowingly spread disease, or would perform 'cures' on those not even sick that will probably kill them. It's hard to find any that ever kill, but it's probably not impossible - they're just heretical.

Yes, side project while warlord ships the soldiers.

Skaven trailer tomorrow!

>no high elf trailer.
SAD!

Balls, looks like my friend was right after all. Glad I didn't actually bet any money on this.

In orthodoxy, yes. But there have been sisters who did terrible things in plague quarantines, even still manifesting miracles.

Saltzpyre would be ashamed of you.

>wfb headcanon
>Gotrek merges with Grimnir and goes into the realm of chaos.
>there, he kills be'lakor and and for all thanks to MAGEEC RUHNES LADDIE
>He also maimes one of the chaos gods permanently before disappearing
>some think he's dead, others that his pure dwarven autism makes him an anthema to chaos itself

What changes?

They really are the whipping boys of the game...

Age of Sigmar becomes even more braindead.

Nothing much. Faglakor being dead would be small consolation.

Go big or go home boy

To be fair, i'd like this more as an end to the saga of Gotrek that the weak shit we got for end times.

Gotrek meets Grimnir, who by smelting the bones of a thousand demons and tempering it in daemonic ichor creates an axe upon which creates a rune so powerful it can only be used once and cannot ever be replicated, but it's power is enough to kill the gods themselves.
Gotrek takes it and dies using it to kill a Chaos god. A minor one, like Hashut, bel'akor or the horned rat, or permanently cripples the one of the big 4 in the attempt

Title: Godslayer

Why are Skaven so scary to humans again? I get that there are a lot of them, and it's terrifying to realize they're under pretty much all of your cities, but they're still not something I'd lock myself up in an insane asylum over if I feared their reach that much.