I want to pay someone to DM

I want to pay someone to DM.

What place would be best to advertise this to reach as many relevant people as I can?

Craigslist.

Backpage

Relevant people.

This is an awful idea and will only result in a broken group and an empty wallet

People on Craiglist will do anything for money.

Yes, relevant people.

Roll20 has a bunch of paid games.
But why do you want to pay to play?

A few reasons.

Motivation for the DM.
Filtering out the most competent person for the job.
Structuring the game in accordance to my own preferences.

>Motivation for the DM.
The biggest motivation for contract work is a respectful client who is easy to work with.
A competent contractor will have no qualms firing a bad client, and a contractor willing to put up with bad clients is unlikely to be competent.

>Structuring the game in accordance to my own preferences.
The people most likely to know your own preferences are your friends, who will share those selfsame preferences at least in part by virtue of enjoying your company.

I am quite willing to work together with someone but I will also not tolerate irresponsibility. As with any agreement, there are constraints involved.

I can't help but notice you sidestepped the issue of friends.
A client who can't maintain a friendship is unlikely to be a good working partner.

You seem to be hoping that the money itself will be what motivates the contractor, but that only works when you're so exorbitantly rich that the contractor is willing, eager even, to acquiesce to your every whim and be set for life.

Somehow I doubt you're brother from another mother to The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.

I sidestepped it because it was too stupid to even mention.

I am not going to bother my friends by asking them to do a game in accordance to my preferences. They have their own lives, their own games they want to run or are running. When we get together it is about the fun we all have as a group and I am no more important than any other player at the table.

Why would I want to try and shift that to be something else? In any case, stop making assumptions.

If you don't share any preferences with your friends, then why do you game with them at all?
If they were really your friends, then gaming together with them wouldn't be a bother.

user, its sounding more and more like you got kicked out of a group for obnoxious behavior.
Hiring a DM won't solve the core issue at hand.

I asked you to stop making assumptions but since you didn't listen I am not going to talk to you further.

I will just leave you with this example:
If you have a bunch of friend you game with and you have a fetish for piss you are not going to bring up your fetish in a session because you have respect for your friends.

And listen, I am not looking to run a fetish game. I just want to have a game with themes, settings are rules that I personally have been wanting to try for ages but never could because I understand the need for sacrifice as a normal part of social interaction.

>And listen, I am not looking to run a fetish game.

No one had even considered this until you brought it up.
This is a suspiciously conspicuous denial.

I get what your saying. What system and all that are you looking for? Would this be a solo game?

As long as what you're looking for is reasonable, why not ask a friend? "Hey, there's this game I've really wanted to play in, would you have time to GM it?" Possibly take turns and run a game for them based on themes they enjoy. This is what friendship is about, user. Work it out like an adult.

To think an user was able to bait you into admitting youre friendless and want to run a fetish game.

Not OP, but do you live in a fairytale?

Literally the reason I DM stuff is because getting someone else to be willing to DM a campaign I specifically want to play in is next to impossible.

I just understand op.
You can get someone to paint your house, mow your lawn or anything else,.
You can play video games but look how popular twitch has got.
You can cook a meal but there are restaurants.
You know what zombies, dragons and ninjas are but you can still read a book or watch a movie.

If the guy wants someone to run a campaign written to how he wants it run then he can pay for it. Be it fetish, D&D 3.5 with pcynics or the my little pony system. That's up to him.

>I-I have friends guys.
>R-R-Really tho

Cmon user. Were you kicked out of a group for bringing up your piss fetish?

3.5 but with with with the hamebrew stuff that I use in my own games. And yea, a solo game.

You shouldn't have too much issue. Shoot I would of done it, but being in the uk timezones tend to get in the way of my online pen & papering

You sound like a fucking cunt. No wonder you can't find a game.

this

Weird, I'd wager you'd be on the fast track to disappointment there. You're basically half-DMing right there with your homebrew stuff and shit, why don't you DM? Why not put out your homebrew stuff and let it get picked apart and criticized?

Seems like you'd like a second opinion or something rather than having someone else butcher your setting. There's no way you'd be satisfied with someone else's DMing of your own game; at least that's how I am.

I forever GM because I can't trust anyone else to do it like I like it. Everyone else just does it kinda wrong for me.

And if he wants to play something specific, rather than "whatever the dm wants to run", there's a good chance he will have to pay for it to get it.

This is more or less the reason I DM. I'm never going to find someone who will run the setting and campaign premise and houserules I would want, for free; and I'm too broke to hiresomeone for it. If I had the cash, it would be nice to actually have a chance to play in the campaigns I want to play.

>"hey Steve, will you run me a d&d 3.5 intrigue campaign with these 50 pages of houserules, set in Menzoberranzan, where we play as a bunch of disenfranchised male Drow in a mercenary house, in 1374DR?"
>"I don't want to."
You're the one who sounds like a cunt, friendo. Dude just has something specific he wants to play. There's a world of difference between "can't find a game" and " have something specific I want to play that nobody is already running"