Who's going?

Who's going?

Other urls found in this thread:

gencon.com/map
m.imgur.com/gallery/K5YzB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Missing it this year, too busy.

Literally on my way right now, can't wait!

Do we need a GenCon general for the duration?

Yes.

Will be here working. First time going with our store and I'm hyped as hell.

Some interesting announcements this year, like a new 40k RPG and White Wolf's plans for WoD.

Also, a map: gencon.com/map

I'm playing in the 40k tournament. If I make top table, expect a little "Sup Veeky Forums" on a bit of paper

Sadly had to sell my tickets... again... fuck working Saturdays.

Do cool things usually get announced at this or is it generally just games and panels about design, etc.?

if only I could have gone but...

Who do you work for? What's the product? Share this shit with us, user.

I'm leaving tomorrow.

Work for Warstore. We're selling a bit of everything

Do I get a discount if I mention I met you on Veeky Forums? Always happy to support an user.

Hot damn, I didn't know they'd be at GenCon. I'm going to have to stop by.

Someone hit me up with some cool shit they see, cause I can't go this year but have some cash stowed away for games

That sucks, friend.

What are you guys going to do?

I'm running 2 and 4 hour rpg sessions through games on demand. Feng Shui 2 and Into the Odd.

I've got a 40k tournament, a Guild Ball event, some Dropzone, and a whole lotta shopping for my friends.

Going, doing a bunch of MTG shit and some pickup board games as I come across them. Probably even better given I can sleep at home every night (based zionsville)

>I can sleep at home every night
Damn, That must be nice.

What booths are you guys hype for? I'm basically rushing to the Hawk Booth day 1 for those civilian vehicles.

The Will Call line is nuts right now

Last year on Wednesday night it was all the way across the convention center but still only took roughly half an hour to get the badge.

TI4 confirmed for sale at the FFG booth.

I wonder if they'll have the preorder hardback rulebooks along with it.

On my way right now. First time attendee. Any recommendations from veterans? Suggestions?

I hope you've got a badge already, Satan, cause if not... then I've got some bad news for you.

Otherwise, make sure to walk the dealer hall; just take a day and go up and down every single aisle. There's such a huge density of cool shit to see you can spend your whole con doing this, honestly, if you stop at demos and anything else that catches your eye.

Drink lots of water. Just buy a water bottle and keep it full 24/7. 90-95% of "con crud" is just people getting dehydrated by the extremely dry overly air-conditioned air and not noticing it because they're having too much fun.

I decided not to go this year and I'm already regretting it.

No shit. That's $500 I can spend on con goodies and not hotel bills.

Your badge is your literal lifeline, go NOWHERE without it, the con is sold out entirely and you will not be able to get a new one.

Pack light if you can, you're going to be bringing back a bunch of good stuff and if you jam it into an already full bag you're setting yourself up for a bad time.

True Dungeon is great for RPGfags but not everyone.

Have really good shoes and socks, you'll need to walk all over.

Stay FAR away from Maryland street, do not engage the /pol/fags

Water! Drink it Satan! Also, don't get overwhelmed, that's really easy for your first year. Find some fun games, and make friends, Gen-Con is easily one of my favorite conventions, the atmosphere is just amazing.

>True Dungeon is great for RPGfags but not everyone.
RPGfag who did it last here - eh. It's honestly probably better for people who like MMOs and stuff because that's basically what it is - an MMO raid with puzzles and test of personal skill (either shuffleboard or memory tests for attacks). It even has a loot treadmill like an MMO. This is not to undersell the puzzle aspect, though. The puzzles are fucking hard (I did the puzzle focused one, not the combat focused one).

It was okay but probably not something I'd do again, given how long it takes.

I am going to be a first time attendee. The current plan is to set-out early tomorrow morning with my one of my fellow group members and get there when the doors open.

Safe travels my fellow fa/tg/uy. How long will you be on the road?

Gonna hit-up the Studio 2 Publishing area's booths. I love Savage Worlds and want to get some nice bennies and maybe the current three copies of Savage Worlds Explorer.

>No shit. That's $500 I can spend on con goodies and not hotel bills.
I saved by getting a hotel 25 miles south of the con. Free hot breakfast for my party!
>Stay FAR away from Maryland street, do not engage the /pol/fags
What is the deal with Maryland Street?

Good plan! The opening speech and roll off is amazing.

Remember that anything you buy, you need to carry around all day. Don't spend all day in Artist alley.

Avoid the mall for lunch, it's always ridiculously packed and there isn't near enough seating. Brink snacks/lunch and water.

Pick up the guide book. There is a "quiet room" where you can take a nap, and there is a aid station thing with medics, they helped patch me up last year.

I suggest packing light, clothes/meds/essentials only. And make sure your shoes or inserts are good.

2-3 hour drive from Cincy.

I'm going to be checking out Warstore user's table.

why did you need patching up?

Long story short, I accidentally ate ginger, which my stomach can't handle, and I spent the rest of the day feeling like Superman whenever he sees Kryptonite.

It was bad, but they helped me out.

Oh no! I'm an EMT, and I carry my trauma, and Narcan kit with me to cons as my "just in case"

Now that's prepared.

Local here going for my 10th Gen Con. What are folks thoughts on doing a Veeky Forums meet-up?

Is anyone aware of any Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links events going on?

>2-3 hour drive from Cincy.
Looking at about the same except from Bloomington, IL.

missing out on the set of dice this year is the worst part, for me. (I know people that are going, but Ive been locked up in my house with terrible agoraphobia and a disability causing ankle injury for almost a year, so they have forgotten I exist)

I'd be down for it. We could have some fun posting about it over in /soc/ derailing their lewdness with the might of gaming even if for but a brief moment.

Wary, but cautiously optimistic.

I have a few events, so I could show up as long as I'm not paying for something.

I wouldn't want to do anything paid either. Something more like gathering around a few tables in the general play area.

Last year was around 60k attendance, which was a 2.5% increase from the previous year.
That year didn't 'sell out'.
Knowing the maximum occupancy of the convention center is supposedly 57k, excluding the main ballroom, and knowing that this year sold out, what do people think attendance will be like?
Probably just like....65k, right?
Not like 70? Surely not more?

They're stretched completely to capacity as it is.

Well regardless, I'll be there in a few hours for my 5th year in a row. Should be pretty fun.

Shit, I'd be down.

I was looking forward to trying Starfinder, but all the events for it sold out super fast. So, probably back to battletech for me.

What's really nuts to me is that hotel rooms for next year are already sold out.

Sorry, I meant I'd show up so long as I'm not already paying for an event.

I could be talked into doing an rpg or board games if we could find something, even if I have to pay a bit.

We'll have to start up a thread when the con starts for with a good spot to meant up. I'm all for talking about the shit we have/want to try as well as the shit we have/want to buy.

Not opposed to meeting up if there's nothing going on at the time, finding space might be tough?

On here or another board?

I'd be down to chill and chat/game.

I'm not sure about any open rooms, but I do know there are lesser used areas and halls we could appropriate, if it comes to that.

If this thread is still up I'll post in it, if not I'll start a meet up thread.

Is right. There's generally extra space in the larger halls. Hopefully with Gen Con actually selling out this year it won't be to crazy.

Think Cubicle 7 will share any WFRP news there?

Probably an announcement, maybe a bit of an overview.

It's a bit early for details, I think.

On way to gencon.

Hype!

For anyone already in Indy, how's the will-call line looking?

Word is there long but not bad. The Westin is apparently handing out snacks to folks that are waiting which is pretty cool.

Depends on the genre.
Tabletop mostly have the announcement beforehand and let people play at their stands.
Cards I know off just shown off the plans (Some new info)
RPG can go either way as can Boardgames though Boardgames often have a demo.

>What is the deal with Maryland Street?
Supposed picket protesting the unfair treatment of the alt right in Charlottesville. And all they need is one large foam sword getting a tiny bit too close and then bullets are flying everywhere.

Mfw I didn't have to wait for my passes because somebody in my group is a vig

Anyone else going to the ITC 40k event tomorrow? If you see some dweeb in a Fez, come say hi.

Oh, Indiana. You truly are Chicago's toilet.

Hey, as a Chicagoan, I resent that - we've got enough shit to be our own toilet.

Tomorrow cannot get here fast enough.

Not bad at all

Damn, I should totally go there. I support anything that protests Antifa.

Does /soc/ have a thread up?

Also, can the mods merge the two Gencon threads here on Veeky Forums? The other is here

...ooooor you could not cause headaches for the people of Indiana like a considerate con-goer.

Starfinder!

They've got free filtered water dispensers all through the Con and in the hotels.

Make sure you play Immigrant Song so that everyone knows where it's at.

It is the big golden anniversary. Probably a lot of people came. The max is probably 70k.

But I live here.

He said cool shit, not just good ol' normal shit.

Anyone gonna be looking at onyx path stuff?

>lives in Indiana

I'm so sorry

flyovers amitrite? FUCKING FLYOVERS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YOU WILL NEVER *EVER* BE AS GOOD AS ME LOLOLOLOL XD

if only I could ask one of you guys in getting an L5R core... or three.

I'm going.

Time for L5R: the convention. I have an L5R tournament every single day. This will be a good GenCon.

I'm jealous.

Jelly af mate, enjoy and make sure you make a good decision on that story choice.

Not gonna lie, pretty jelly but I don't see what's all that great about the Heroes of Rokugan gubbins.

It's no more crowded than last year so far.

It's at capacity

Has anyone seen the guy who sells and buys used 40k?

Life sustaining bump.

First time going, but I started a thread before (way before) asking for food recommendations but forgot all of them.

Where is a legit good place to eat? Not fuckin' Chipolte.

If you've got the scratch, St Elmo's. Best cut of meat I've had in my life.

Posted in the comments of the Kingdom Death kikestarter campaign. The KD booth at gencon
m.imgur.com/gallery/K5YzB

There was talk of a brewery that served a drink calles The Admiral or something. Any idea if thats good?

>/pol/fags

I lurk /pol/ because Veeky Forums got too tame.

I went last year and literally fucking no-one was around.

Guy running character station at Paizo was a fa/tg/uy though.

The Rathskeller: Worth it?

I would like a meet up