Moonbunnies a Veeky Forums STARFINDER race

In a previous thread we decided to make a Veeky Forums race for the upcoming STARFINDER and a concept of Moonbunnies came out.

Moonbunnies are small creatures covered in white fur that most galaxy citizens, from any race, consider incredibly adorable.

This cuteness is the result of genetic experiments upon themselves that ended with a form they consider perfect.
Despite the cute appearance they usually hate and despise anything different from themeselves on the level of nazis but below
the level of beholders. If they lose an eye or a limb they prefer a cybernetic replacement instead of a lab grown organic replacement because "This imperfect thing will corrupt my superior genes!"

As Orkish Mekboys have an innate understanding of complex engineeres from genetics so Moonbunnies have an understanding of complex biology.
A Moonbunny left alone in a cage using rat scrapings and some mold can raise a 2 meters monstrosity that will break him out of the cell.
This innate skill moonbunnies gene-neered into themselves.

They live on the moon of their home planet as some experiements gone worng made them run away from the planet (the planet is still full of trees and flowers )

Questions that need answers:

How is their society is organized?
How do they look like?
What is their habitat?
What are some notorious Moonbunnies?
A better name?

MORE FLUFF!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1ZN8hvoEk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Their form does not provide Moonbunnies with claws or sharp teeth so any hand to hand attack results being harmless and is often perceived by other race as "Little bunny wants to play. How cute." This attitude makes the moonbunny desire to kill the other races even more.

Moonrats are the otherwise normal rats that become intelligent on a full moon right? Maybe you should go with something more similar to that

A space faring race that's basically retarded most the time could be kind of interesting.

How furry we talkin here? If we dont go all-fucking-out with this bullshit everyone will hate them more for trying to be unique and not furry at once. Yiff it up op.
And dress them like retro bubble-hlemet wearing space girls.

That could make sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Instead of going to sleep they just turn off their higher brain functions and let the body roam on instincts. During this pahse they consume a minimal amount of brainpower to avoid dangers but are otherwise completely retarded.

People would consider furry stuff the size of a big house cat?
About clothing.. Do we want them clothing? I would say they designed themselves to be able to survive in space.

A proposition was made that their spaceships resemble giant shopping mall for their need to look cute and buy cute accessories is unstoppable.

Is this hatred also genetic?

Do they re engineer theit captives into forms more pleasing to them? Do they take slaves? Are they agressive in their hatred or iscolationist?

>People would consider furry stuff the size of a big house cat?
By that point it's closer to a pokemon.

Hatred not genetic but an inevitable conclusion of their outlook. We are perfect. They are not. They believe themselves equal, which is an insult. Furthermore, they are squandering resources on themselves that could be better served used by us. Some even attempt to be a threat to us, or become so indirectly. For the benefit of bunnykind, these abominations must be purged.

Probably would engineer those they own to better fit their needs, a la DS9 changeling, but i'm not sure how common owned sentients would be.

If it were common, then expect widespread specialization of repurposed species, like the the Jem'Hadar and Volta, if not perhaps even full starcraft Zurg.

>using rat scrapings and some mold can raise a 2 meters monstrosity that will break him out of the cell.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_r1ZN8hvoEk

Why not use Lunarians?

So at most outside their culture they might have defectors, but few due to how hard their culture is.

And I like to imagine any slave creatures they have are made to look insipidly cute.

The idea of reshaping captives reminds me of the harpy space pirates from Naga's "mythic space" setting

tells us about them. We will butcher them for ideas.

So they are basically skaven but bio instead of physics.

They are ruled by a monarch chosen each year at a cuteness contest, it is the only Moonbunny allowed to wear a hat.

The lifespan of a Moonbunny is half of a human one, for this reason a group of Moonies at at the deathbed transfer their conscious to the most biologically compatible target:their own children. Those are horrible beast that kill their own kids generation after generation and if discovered are exiled from the community and marked with zebra stripes. Those stripes can be altered to pass undetected under humans eyes but another Moonie will know something is wrong and suspect an exile.

I see then being the size of halflings or gnomes, essentially bipedal rabbits in most other ways, maybe the ladies have pronounced hips, but their love of fascist style uniforms might offset that

So they are evil but have some standards. Additional banished may include those who for one reason or another became cyborgs, or those who reject some other fascet of thir society. Be they even more wretched or space drizzit is a case by case basis.

But what else do they value outside biological perfection, as expressed through cuteness?

They remidn me of picrelated.
White, cute and will kill you given half a reason.

Basically, the indigenous people of Earth's moon, a species of telepathic moon rabbits that were subjugated by a bunch of wizards from Earth and now are essentially a slave race who's lives are considered disposable.

Their only hope of moving up in the world is to become a high ranking Lunarian's beloved pet or to escape to the "impure" Earth their Lunarian masters despise and try to make it on their own.

As their servants they have magical girls/sororitas ready to obey their commands? This can be cool but opens too many magical realms to be feasible.

If they are evil how do we make them a playable race? Drizzit is old and boring. Why Moonbiies join adventure groups and obey Pact laws?

I say roll with it, let people read it however they want

Well first, evil party members are tItaly viable, I got a runelords game that can attest to that. Second. Their could be resistance groups that find the ones sion with cuteness and techno luditism impractical, why use slaves when a machine can do it while being made for it. For some they never leave this amoral resoning, others let it soften them as theit work forces them to parlay with other races, however they are still not considered trust worthy, making for good hooks on interactions

Evil party members are viable, sure, but save defection these rabbits are basically rabid cute!nazis. It's pretty prickly to team up with someone who wants to exterminate you and everyone you care about on matter of principle.

The only takers I could see are space drizzt and vengeful exiles, the latter still hating you, but not as much as other buns.

Why build machines when you can just grow beings not only made for it but who love doing it?

>banished
>became cyborgs
>If they lose an eye or a limb they prefer a cybernetic replacement instead of a lab grown organic replacement because "This imperfect thing will corrupt my superior genes!"

If anything you'd be banished for NOT staying as is or going cyborg in response to dismemberment. Can't risk corrupting those pure genes with regrowth serums, petri grafts, or spliced harvested limbs.
If you can't sew it back on and it re-connect you've lost it for good. Best look for the cutest replacement available so you're not pitied or looked down on for being horribly disfigured.

Ahh oops, misremembered a note

Hmmm, maybe they need to be toned back or given a sense of honor to their ways, a reliable principle that anyone teaming with these things can lean on.

Perhapse it's that they dislike treachery, or just view backstabbing as deeply uncute, maybe this obsession with cute makes them more utility based as killing things, even not cute things, is just too uncute to do if they can instead make it cute, they don't even see it as slavery, they honestly think they are doing their victims a favor.

So less nazis and more almost alien, they live in a universe where cute=good

They may have tolerances based on how cute they consoder another race, ultimately a human is still inferior to them, but far more tolerable then a lizard guy or a gross bug man

No thats dumb, the bunnies should be more like gnolls, pure fucking evil

I'm also towards not completely nazi. I want them as a race people can interact with and not just always being KILL KILL KILL EVILL EVILL EVILL.

Maybe they believe in contracts, or they want to learn more about biology and want to travel. Bio engegneering means diversity, they are intrigued by aliens.

>Lunarians
REMOVE!

Yes, intrigued by how to improve them and make them as perfect as they are, less dalek and more cyberman, cyber men negotiate and make deals

Explain what they are and why we need to remove them

>Their form does not provide Moonbunnies with claws or sharp teeth so any hand to hand attack results being harmless and is often perceived by other race as "Little bunny wants to play. How cute." This attitude makes the moonbunny desire to kill the other races even more.

Perhaps they shed profusely when stressed and their fur can suffocate foes

Even if they aren't full on space nazis, can they still have the style of uniform?

Nah, what they have is surprisingly powerful kicks and teeth, though if they desire to fight, they instead just whip out a cool disintegration ray that reduces the target to pink sparkles and glittery ashes

Immortal Moon People. Stuck up, righteous assholes who think the Earth is impure, and use the Bunnies as shock troops.
Get their titties twisted when someone drinks a potion of True Immortality, and locks them the fuck up or exiles them.
Also, the rabbits end sentences with "usa" which is the WRONG USA.

What setting and why hate them that much, they don't sound much different from other antagonists

He's probably joking.

Touhou.
They're not always antagonists.
Unless you're named Junko. Then they must all pay for your son dying. Especially that bitch Chang'e.

> (You)
>Nah, what they have is surprisingly powerful kicks and teeth, though if they desire to fight, they instead just whip out a cool disintegration ray that reduces the target to pink sparkles and glittery ashes

Too fat and pudgy

Post more space bunnies for inspiration

What might their reforged thralls look? Like how far do they go when reshaping a human, a reptile or a the like?

>they don't even see it as slavery, they honestly think they are doing their victims a favor.
I'm okay with that.

Very close to right direction, i'm glad you brought him up, but still some pieces off.

too short? too wide?

too fat an un cute but otherwise fine

Too make them more good aligned let's make they draw a line at bio experiments at sentience. If it a muscle abomination that blindly follows instincts it is ok to enslave. If it is ahuman he ia trading partner /friend. Other races aren't as cute and perfect as us but we can tolerate them. They no longer makes us want to exterminate them on spot. Say elves level of nazism.

Perhapse they have their own factions, and maybe they make an exception on this rule to volunteers, but no further then what they requested

Why would anyone volunteer?

If you are a medieval wolrld volontueering will INCREASE their live standards.

Guess that is it. We want to know more about them but we don't want to write only to bump the thread..
Sad but I'm also part of the problem. It was nice guys.

It's more like we can't decide on a direction, leaving us without momentum

What do you mean by direction?
I'm at lost of what should be described. Their cities? Their maiting habits? They rulership?
Invent complex history for them?

Starfinder is a bit dull and unplayed so far so interaction with other factions would not be funny to write...
Unless the Swarm. The swarm is the same in every setting...
It could be interesting how did they face the swarm and survived?

Hmm maybe we shelve it for now and then come back to this after its out and we've been able to work with more