What would be some good dwarven torture methods?

What would be some good dwarven torture methods?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9XOB14SyvE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slow immersion in molten lead/iron
Being built into a brick wall
Having aggressive carnivorous fungus grown on you

Making you eat elf bread

Getting a specially made heatproof syringe full of molten gold and injecting it up someone's anal cavity until they talk.

Chained to sharp rocks sticking into the vict-guilty party's back.

Watching a human forge a sword

Flagellate people with their beard.

What about forced shaving?

You know that old torture method of using the bamboo splinters under the nails and letting them grow. its like that but with stone or gem shards and a cleric of moradin casting stoneshape.

You shave their beard off then flagellate them with their own beard. It is the highest betrayal of something you cared so much for your whole life.

Are we talking torturing dwarves or dwarves doing the torturing

If chaos dwarfs are anything to go by throwing people into molten metal/furnaces is a good start

I was thinking plucking their beard a hair at a time.

Pressing seems like a pretty dwarven torture method.

Dwarfs doing the torturing

I'm liking all these ideas though, everyone, especially the hair removal ones. I'm looking specifically for stuff that wouldn't be lethal in the short run, although I like the molten stuff/crushing stuff. More long term torture suggestions would be appreciated though! The torture is being done to extract information rather than simply punishment

Jeez, the edge in this thread.

has the right idea.

Listening to Elven opera
Watching a human "train" with Dwarven steel
Getting some Dwarven Book of Law instead of toilet paper
Watching rocks get ground into gravel

Torture is edgy in itself but if the limit was PG-13 kind of torture then that might be good to be specified first.

Information extraction via torture is kind of irrelevant in my opinion, since it's unreliable info at best and misinformation at worst.
Especially with various forms of magic that can make people tell the truth, I would think dwarven torture is strictly for punishing people (but perhaps not with the goal of killing them).
With the use of healing magic as well, normally fatal torture can be survivable and thus more useful to deter criminals who think they can escape punishment through death.
I think the creative use of Flesh to Stone and Stone to Flesh spells might also be useful. Perhaps turning Dwarves into living statues who can only watch and not scream as life passes them by.

Put them in a cell built above a furnace?

It's just torture, it's not edgy.

Force feeding gravel.

Are dwarves performing torture on someone else, or are they on the receiving end?

Either way, consuming dwarven bread. Once you break all of your teeth, it only gets worse.

I like the idea that Torture is outside of the general Dwarven Ethics and against the idea that Dwarves always strive for a mechanical, simple and straightforward approach. Instead, they use Clerics called Truthspeakers.

It is impossible to lie to a Truthspeaker, because woven in their beards and written on their tongues are Runes of Truth and Justice. This makes Dwarven Law extremely straightforward, and the cunning know how to manipulate the truth rather than fabricate a flimsy lie.

I'm inclined to agree with you despite my earlier suggestions, though I consider normal dwarves a different breed than the dorf fortress kind who would definitely use torture.
That said, I think moving more towards duergar methods of torture would remove these moral dilemmas from the table.

I see it just as a natural development of the Dwarven Psyche. Sadism simply doesn't work in Dwarven society.

To a Dwarf, Sadism is enjoying Deconstruction. Sure it could be the body, but equally, it's destroying works of art and working machines.

Decedance to a Dwarf is gold-lust and Hoarding.

Love is expressed in items of affection like lockets and charms, and long carefully made poems.

Sobriety.

Those would be goblins in any other setting

To sort of expand on this, Imagine meeting a Dwarf.

To an outside observer, they're dour almost emotionless folk.

But if you look at What a Dwarf wears, in his beard or on lockets or rings, you can see a Dwarf's personality.

A Dwarf with a locket in the shape of a heart around his neck is practically swooning with love, like how a bird would chirp it's proud lovesong.

A Dwarf with esoteric colours and overly garish trinkets would be seen as a Posh and snooty person.

Naturally this means ALL Dwarves eventually look covered in trinkets and knickknacks and this is where the assumption ALL Dwarves loved Gold for Golds sake instead of the memories they represent.

In fact, LoL is making a champion is exactly how I play my Dwarves.

youtube.com/watch?v=G9XOB14SyvE

I don't think Dwarfs would.
I mean what's the point of it, what is it suppose to accomplish.

If the aim is extracting information, It's a poor way to go about it.

if the aim is punishment, maybe?

A public demotion an/or brand of shame perhaps.
with less emphasis on the pain and more on the shame.

put them in a big bag, hoist the bag above a forge and have the forgemen chuck whatever he wants to put into the forge at the bag.

Solitary Confinement in itself would be common, as dwarves are frequently driven by social connections. To be without others is to lose ones self. But this is punishment, with the intent to return the dwarf to proper station. To torture them you need only add one thing. A rope.

ok two, because probably a sufficiently strong enough rafters to suspend them with. Not by their neck, nor by their beard. Because death absolves them to quickly, and pain will distract the mind. No, Tie them gently, safely, but securely, and hang them from the ceiling, in the closest to center point of the largest cell you can find. Remove their connection from the earth.

Suspend a subject between a stalagmite and stalagtite. Just above the stalagmite so that it touches the small of their back. The stalagtite drips down on them.

Dwarves and elves live for hundreds of years.

Wergeld.

It's both punishment, torture and prison.

Make the subjected person do as they normally do

Except with a rune of the screaming fiery shits engraved upon a shackle upon their wrists

Golem crafting/live binding.
And then slavery, because why not?

Their presence alone should be enough. Having to be around dwarves is the worst torture possible.

Just pile rocks on someone.
The used to do it in the middle ages if you refused to plead guilty or innocent. It can take a while to actually kill. Dwarves are probably tougher.

Locked in an iron maiden, sensory desperation, ring the head section with a hammer regularly for a simple one but I like to go bond villain on this.

Put subject in a pit. Give them a pick axe. Enchant one wall to grow till subject is crushed. They can surrender that information or be crushed, how long that takes is up to them

More. WEIGHT.

>Making you eat elf bread

You're a fucking sociopath

We need to check dwarf fortress for that...
Hmm...Throwing into a cage with an elephant
Locking up in a corpse stockpile
Drowing them in vomit (Evil biome rain that is)
Or just dumping someone into magma on altar of Amork.

Put ALL of the elves in ovens. Set heat to maximum for 12 hours or until naught but ash remains

Forcin' th' victim 'ta handcarve th' ever-growin' Book of Law inta' th' Wall of Regrets of course!

Listening to people talk about dorf fortress and its memes.

Chain the prisoner to the wall and deny them alcohol while drinking merrily in front of them.

Change his beard braids into a much more feminine type of braid and put him in the stocks all day.

Tie him to the top of a dreaded Tree.

At meal time, put a salad and water in front of him. Then eat a real meal.

Seduce their daughter while they are locked up, and either bring evidence to them or just let them find out when(if) they get home. She didn't know who you were.

The worst possible punishment, known as such because it does great damage to the torturer themselves. Chain him to the wall and poor alcohol out on the ground in front of them.

Dwarves are stubborn, tough, and have an iron will. As such their torture wouldn't focus on pain, as it would be an exercise in futility and only serve to rally the victim against his torturer. Instead they would specialize in psychological assault, attempting to erode the victim's belief in himself and his convictions. It's a given that the first step would be a full body shave or waxing, and I think the main method would be complete isolation, immobilization, and sensory deprivation. Any evidence of their past is wiped from all records. Their former possessions are destroyed. All that they once were is taken away so that as far as anyone knows they had no identifiable life outside of their interment. Completely drill into their mind that they are not a person, but a thing entirely subject to your will that has no existence outside of what you allow for them. They do not exist. They have no name. They are nothing.

Shave the dwarfs beard.

Dwarves cradle

>A metal box designed to look like a comfy cradle, much too small for an adult human. Don't worry, the dwarves have never had a problem tucking in a guest.

>for bonus points it can be heated.

Stick a person in a small cave/tunnel, where they can't even move and barely breathe, then leave them there until they want to talk. Like that caver who got stuck and they couldn't get him out, so they left him there to die.

Drinking only water.

>chaos dwarfs

"DID YOU BOIL THOSE SPOONS IN THR BLOOD OF A THOUSAND SLAVES?"
"No, grandmaster..."
"DO IT! SEE WHAT HAPPENS!"

shaving their entire body

ooo, imagine dwarves giving each other the bumps for each year they've been alive.

And they live for centuries.