Song of Swords: Song of Poland Edition

Last Time, on Song of Swords:
Helmet-KOs
Scary Samojeds (the golem naturemonsters, not the dogs)
Jimmy asks everyone to calm down a little bit
Those S&S bastards have released, still calling 'em Builder tho.

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.3. The next update will probably be called v1.4.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I
youtube.com/watch?v=7tcygOGHsWY
youtube.com/watch?v=80X0pbCV_t4
youtube.com/watch?v=QtTj4cramPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Note that the latest version of the game is v1.3. The next update will probably be called v1.4.
Holy shit guy. Delete this thread and repost it with the proper OP.

Jimmu dropping some magic bombs about dorfs.

How are the gun wound tables in Ballad? Could I use them instead of SoS tables for boolets?

They're good for Ballad, but only for Ballad. You'd need to make a new AV type for it in SoS.

>massive right wing rally that turns violent
>no SoS thread for a few days
Where were you guys all at?

Playing crusader kings, actually.

I was defending the Anti-Fascist cause online, since my country dealt with them sensibly and they're no longer a problem

you polish?

Fuck no, Poland's right wing populist shitcunts are winning votes right now

Screenshot please?

damn that's a sweet mini

>Glorious stalinist architecture in the background
How heartwarming

>dealt with them sensibly
You executed all of them?

How would you stat greek Linothorax Armor, /SoS?

4/4/4?

I have no idea as to its qualities, perhaps akin to leather llamellar?

If it was in fact made of layers of cloth as theorized by certain figures, I'd rate it as being equivalent to hardened leather, but with the Textile quality.

If, as others have theorized, it is simply leather with a linen covering... Also hardened leather with the textile covering. To be frank I've never been sure of where the controversy came from, whichever of the armors it is made of, the protective qualities would be about the same, no?

Hey, Brutalism is pretty cool.

That's not brutalism, that's art deco.

I live one county away. I'll admit I was distracted for a few days. In the immortal words of Franz-Joseph Bittenfeld from LOGTH: When I see a demon attack a monster, as a human I hope that they both die.

Buncha commies and fascists want to run each other over with cars, I say good. Splatter your guts out. Do a flip when you get hit by a car, I don't have an iota of pity left in my heart for any of you.

Car impact damage rules when?

It's fucking brutalism, nothing egyptian about it. Built by Soviet oppressors; should have been torn down in 1992.

Brutalism's pretty brutal.

Maybe not that brutal.

>should have been torn down in 1992
Nah, it looks cool

Underrated comment.

So is this like Frostgrave?

No this is an rpg/fencing simulator. Still very fun but nothing like Frostgave.

you might be thinking of song of blades and heroes, which does have some distant similarities to frostgrave.

have we exhausted all possible topics to chat about?

That's the one.

That's the best filename I've read in a while.

Thank you. I try to be funny with every filename.

We need mob fighting rules for Ballad.

Seconded, how are we supposed to machinegun entire crowds of baddies if we don't have rules for it?
Even the two terrorist guys who we played in those fechts got to do that.

First they should fix the fucking suppression rules.

>we're Song of Poland
>/hwg/ is Song of Roland

God, they're the most complicated thing in the game by far. It's like a miniature Ballad that you have to learn inside Ballad.

wew

youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I
Balladcore incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=7tcygOGHsWY
>I brought a ham

What's Frostgrave?

Who is your historical waifu and why is the Maiden of Orleans the only correct choice?

That's not princess Victoria of Prussia.

It's almost the Eclipse, have you praised Genosus today?

Praise Genosus!

Hail Genosus. Work will make us free.

>blocks your sun

Never speak to me or my sun again.

Hail victory

Mordheim 2.0

Quick question, does Song of Swords use miniatures ala DnD or is it just figurative?

I mean you could to help with visualisation but it wouldn't be needed in any way.

Hail Bocanadessia

Sounds sweet.

Aww, that's kind of lame. Love me some mini-based games.

I still supported the kickstarter, though.

Nothing really stops you from using them. Though it works better with a ruler based system rather than a grid, I think.

I've been pretty much using a grid with tokens for my roll20 game, it's doable. I use a 2 meters (no yards in roll20) per square and it seems to work alright

Our psychotic little community is pretty great.

Jimmy didn't get doxxed and/or run over in Charlottesville, right?

He lives on literally the opposite side of the country, if Jimmy could afford to go to right wing rallies we'd have heard about it by now.

>California man decapitates twenty communists at riot in Virginia

They will play the song of their peoples.

youtube.com/watch?v=80X0pbCV_t4

I'm neither the sort of person who marches in crazy right-wing rallies, nor the sort of person who joins communist mobs and then gets my guts squished out like toothpaste by a psycho in a Dodge Challenger.

I do not behave criminally. Ever. I'm just a troll. Just talk about fucking swords you fags, stop bringing politics into it, trust me we'll all be slitting each others' throats soon enough IRL, if you want me to whisper "this is because you advocated strength caps" before I tear you neck open, fine, I will. To everyone I kill in the coming civil war. Maybe one out of every thousand people I kill will get the joke as they're choking on their own blood. Maybe you will be one of them. Maybe as you slide face-first into pitch black hellfire, your final joy will be knowing that you trolled me into slaughtering human beings. Good job. Enjoy turning eternally in flame and darkness.

Christ. This is our world now?

On that note, elf.

Priceless.

Indignant Jimmyposting is the best posting.
>what did you just say to me you little bitch

Fucking love you Jimmu.

well, 1 yard is ~0.91 meters, you could just convert 1:1. I think in ttrpgs that bit offset wouldn't hurt too much, unless you want to go full autismo mode, which would of course also be fine, but much more of a hassle
That's what I mostly do anyways, if i read yard I replace it with meter for me. werks most of the time.

That's one qt elf.

>I'm just a troll.

That's gonna be to 2045 what "I was just following orders" was to 1945.

>One of the opaque lads is literally in a car crash
>"Glad you're not dead, replacing you would take time."

Fucking love Jimmy.

He's fine. Who hasn't been in a car crash before?

>That's one qt elf.
yeah, I'd rape him.

Brutalism was a communist plot to make western workers miserable in an attempt to get them to rise up

I've legit been in two.

I totally want to join in the antifa side and fight nazis while yelling slogans that make my allies confused, calling the nazis faggots or cunts etc. That would be pretty funny.

I could actually believe it.
The commies are masters of subversion.

>>One of the opaque lads is literally in a car crash
Wait, what? What have I missed?

what was the deal with the moongod again?

Jimmy mentioned it last night, one of their guys almost wrapped himself around a tree.

Basically this

youtube.com/watch?v=QtTj4cramPM

So, American /sos/ anons. The eclipse is coming. What preparations have YOU made to fend off the Dark Watchers?

Jimmy is going up to Idaho to sacrifice a child to the black sun. He's got us covered, I'm just going to drink chelada and watch cartoons.

I'm running a game tomorrow incidentally. I guess that counts? We'll burn some candles and lift some weights before we play to appease Glorious Genosus. Hail Victory.

I got a nice pair of glasses. Hail Genosus. Hail Victory.

I'm going to run around outside and scare the shit out of fellow college students.

>Be American
>go to college
>get shot

>Be American
>do [x]
>get shot

Not just a car crash, I rolled 5 times, ended up upside down, had to crawl out my back window, then walk 3 miles to the nearest business to call 911 and report it.

Good times.

I'm in the direct path, so we're expected to have like 150,000 people in town on monday. I'll be at my buddies house in the country getting lit af.

Make sure you praise the sun.

Duh.

If you want some real high-level irony, imagine if Jimmy actually WERE a crazy political radical, and you were the FBI agent whose job it was to report on him.

"Okay, so it's this crazy Californian guy who grew up in an insane 19th century German mystic circle. Now he runs a cult of death-worshipping martial artists obsessed with septic infection and 15th century swordsmanship. We know for a fact that half of them are communists and at least some of them are fascists, so the odds are they've already infiltrated every political group, militia and party in the United States, the UK AND Europe, and possibly South Africa and Asia as well. We don't know what they want or what their goals are, but we do know they all own swords and are obsessed with something called 'red-red,' which is basically murder suicide. Their leader has ties to Serbian ultranationalist groups and may be a wizard."

"Where the fuck did these people come from?"

"The internet."

>tfw we're the Ballad Templars
Totally apolitical maniacs with swords. I'll take it.