Warhammer 40k general /40kg/:

paint and assemble your asses off edtition:

>Necromunda is returning, much to sister player's butthurt
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing and even GW begging can't help it. Lost again!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign. Hell, maybe you'll even play (no you won't)
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

ALSO FIRST FOR SLANESH!

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso
youtube.com/watch?v=6C2K_-3Jcjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FOR THE EMPEROR'S FINEST, ULTRAMAR!

slaanesh is a pretty fun sheila

i want to collect all the mug pics.. SPAM EM SO I CAN SAVE EM PLS

Would a custom Chapter whose geneseed has mutated to only work on adults be pushing it? Or would that be too ridiculous.

WE LOUD
AS
FUCK
NOW

I just had an epiphany about blastmasters. A single blastmaster is 1d3 krak missiles that ignore cover. For 20 points. That's the equivalent of 1-3 havocs with missile launchers per turn. And that's LOUD.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

What would the point be

Nice mug! Looks just like mine!

One reason why i want to put 11 of em on the table (along wiht sonic blasters.

>TFW my Renegades and Heretics army is now 150 shooty vraks militia and 200 mutants and fanatics melee guys backed up with 12 ogryns on drugs.

I'm just thinking if its worth giving them vehicles or if thats wasted on a horde army.

inb4 8th ed Drukhari nerfs

has anyone cut off the cowl on the primaris gravis captain?

I got a cheap spare one and I want to try some cool stuff with him.

>slaanesh cultist

Reminder that Moriana could be Euphrati Keeler, not even Imperial Saints are free from Chaos.

>slaneesh shitposting
Much more common.

They serve along IG frequently in exchange for recruits. Kind of like how the Minotaurs are close to the highlords and the Red Hunters are close to the inquisition.

What would be nerfed?

Black Legion link when?

you basically can do everything normal guard can do .. so doo eet. get some baslisks/wyverns and hellhounds.. tear taht shit up

These sculpts are great

Durability or speed because there's no fucking way to meleeing them right now.

So which loadouts on primaris intercessors are good?

A shit

Hydra Dominatus

Mephrit, Enclaves, Lyanden etc
Xenos tends to have one GW pushed subgroup
How will their codices work? One in depth subfaction or?

They do. Too bad I don't like the Nurgle aesthetic though because now I have to convert my CSM from AoS sets.

Standard Bolt Rifle. Sergeant with a Power Sword and Aux. Grenade Launcher.

The ones that destroy the Capitalist Machine, infamous for it's special rule 'Oiled by the Blood of the Proletariat'

is that cultistchan all grown up?

Too much clothing, not enough snagletooth

i have to admit alot of the AOS stuff would make exelent conversions.. temtped to try it out on some csm.

The guy didn't post shots of how cleanly he cut it off, but I did see a photo of someone who did this to the Dark Imperium HQ and it looked great from the front. Like a beefy super power armor/Terminator with Mk VIII collar.

New Deathwatch codex when? I want a new flyer for my Primaris Deathwatch. The Repulsor is way too slow.

Also, pic attached is not mine. Just thought it looked cool.

Forming a GK force
Battalion Detachment:
Lord Kaldor Draigo: 240pts
+ Hammerhand
+ Sanctuary

Grand Master Voldus: 190pts+ Gate of Infinity
+ Hammerhand
+ Sanctuary

Strike Squad: 105pts
+ Nemesis falchions x5: 0pts
+ Storm bolters x5: 10pts
+ Gate of Infinity

Razorback: 100pts
+ Twin assault cannon: 35pts

+ Gate of Infinity

+ Gate of Infinity

Apothecary: 90pts
+ Nemesis warding stave: 0pts
+ Sanctuary

Paladin Ancient: 142pts
+ Nemesis falchion: 0pts
+ Storm bolter: 2pts
+ Sanctuary

Paladin Squad: 178pts
+ Nemesis falchions x2: 0pts
+ Nemesis daemon hammer: 13pts
+ Storm bolter x3: 6pts
+ Hammerhand

Paladin Squad: 288pts
+ Nemesis falchions x4: 0pts
+ Nemesis daemon hammer: 13pts
+ Storm bolter x5: 10pts
+ Hammerhand

Interceptor Squad: 250pts
+ Nemesis falchions x10: 0pts
+ Storm bolters x10: 20pts
+ Hammerhand

Total: 1993pts
Thoughts on the list?

I wish the fucking weather would clear up. Bouncing between sun and rain, so I don't wanna risk priming.

Calling for Drew Carey nerfs. What a time to be alive.

Hopefully a long ways off. We've had enough Marines and niche marines already.

I believe that's cultistman all in a dress

Stranger things have happened I guess, I'd make it so they serve alongside IG in exchange for the soldiers firstborns instead, give it another layer of the marines not knowing their parents only the regiment they served in

it's like that here in houston every day .. fuck i think i can maybe prime outside once every 3 months if i'm lucky :(

thanks user
isn't that what imperial guard do?

Klans for Orks
Dynasties for Necrons
Hive Fleets for Tyranids
Craftworlds for Eldar
Enclaves/Septs for Tau

Should all work similar to Chapter Tactics, perhaps each affecting different units. Dark Eldar should have 3 'subfaction' rules, Covens/Kabals/Cults and it could be chosen depending on your warlord to represent who is hiring who and leading the whole group.

They're big guys
Which is another perk.

>Necron dynasties
>Septs
>Klans
Oh boy time for a bunch of literal whos as GW struggles to find relevant ones

I got half way through priming the other day, then ran out of paint.
By the time I got more it was too late, and weather had closed in.

Rate my first Thousand Sons list. I'm planning on buying Tzeentch Daemons Start collecting box so I'll have Flamers and Screamers to summon instead of either the Pink Horrors or Burning Chariot

What are anons working on?

I have some BRRRRT Tsons for HH or as Autocannon/HB havocs

I'm a bit worried for deldar.
I imagine they'll have a few each of kabals, cults and covens, but I don't know how they'll get them all to work together at all.

Uhhh Scarabs dont get to take autocannons user

I'm converting some AoS Blood Warriors into CSM, already posted them though.

>Dark Eldar finally in a good place
>people call for nerfs

I hate life sometimes.

Fuck you
Deathwatch are unplayable right now

I don't see anything in the CSM codex that prevents me from taking Khorne sorcerers in a World Eaters detachment but find it hard to believe. Can anyone else confirm this fluff rape?

Looking to make a my dudes primaris chapter but can't decide on the background.

Right now I'm torn between an army of fanatics who have a boner for Celestine, and a group of upgraded heresy legionaires who WTF'd at the current statement and have a #NotMyLordCommander opinion of Girlyman.

Comments/opinions

Not blood ravens, thousand sons

>OP as fuck
>"good place"
Fukken xenofags

>Should all work similar to Chapter Tactics
Joke's on you, they won't be similar, they'll be identical.

Might as well start thinking now about which septs/clans/whatever reroll charge range, and which give opponents a -1 to shooting.

Wrapping up on cleaning up the first of 3 Tron-lines on my Stealth Suits. Have an early shift tomorrow so I have to call it early tonight.

>xenofags
But Imperium is worse in fair balance you conscript cuck

You might consider learning how to prime with black gesso. It works much, much better than GW's brush on primer but it's as durable. But on plastic models that's not as big a deal.

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>it's as durable
isn't as durable

I like their leather booties
They do look nice though

I know the index says no Sorcerers can take Khorne, cant speak for the Codex

My taller brothers!

I always liked Stealth Suits

You're the first person I've been bitch about DEldar, so maybe you just need to be better at the game my friend

they look really orange in this pic, is it just the photo quality?

Everything op must be nerfed
"Waah we were dogshit in earlier editions" isnt a valid excuse to be autowin now

Have you tried Vallejo's polyurethane primer? How does it compare to gesso when brushed on?

I think it's just the lighting

>ork klans
>literal who's

Time to be honest, are you really new or just stupid?

Do you use any washes for that

>A sept that can charge after falling back or always fights first
Oh boy funny

damn I really should whiten up my shoulder pads, mine currently are a cummy creamy color from ushabti bone because I didn't want it to get too chalky.

they look nice n red in person, god my camera sucks.

Compare their stats to other armies and tell me they arent op
But like if you want to roll over people after getting rolled over for editions at a time cant blame you

>DE
>OP
what

Ynnari I guess, but DE are far from OP

What is your army, and what are some tactics that work well against them?

I haven't. Just Imperial Primer and Liquitex Gesso. The guy who runs one of the painting youtube channel's I follow likes it though:
youtube.com/watch?v=6C2K_-3Jcjk

Making a Necromunda gang from the Chaos Cultists

>waah you should know all about the npcs
Who memorizes the stopgap villains?

Not unless it's a metallic part like the gyros or a non-black armor panel. I thin down Baharroth Blue(I used to use Temple Guard Blue and now I'm kicking myself for not using baharroth sooner, it's a way better color) with airbrush thinner and slide it into the cracks and come back to clean up with black which then gets highlighted with Dark Reaper.

Probably Farsight

I personally like (and may end up doing myself) the Heresy era vets, but i also think they should tell Cawl to fuck off in addition to girlyman. They got taken from their legion and thrown into stasis, woken only to be surgically augumented in new experimental ways that may not even work properly, possibly had friends/brothers die in the early stages of augmentations, their legion was disbanded and broken down... They could easily hate both parties.

I'm actually really starting to like this idea now

>mfw people just call the different septs by their space marine names like people called other race's formation formations decurions

maybe put it down and against a white background. Also some lighting like pointing a lamp at it could help photo. doesn't gw have a pic of suggestions for taking pics?

Nice job user! I almost finished 3 Stealth suits today too. Always liked the little guys.

I listen to you fags talk about your fucking chapters all day when all space marines are basically the same boring faggot.

Might just be a matter of picking who the main part of your army is and applying the tactic to them only. So if you run Black heart kabal tactics your kabal troops get the bonus buy your wyches don't. I presume ork klans would be similar, not that there's as much reason to mix klans these days.

>complaining about chapter tactics
>on August 15, 2017

You mean Chaos legions right.

>waah why doesn't everyone know the difference between the red marines, the blue marines, the evil red marines, and the evil blue marines
Who memorizes completely interchangeable protagonists?

>I listen to you faggots talk about your white people shit all day when all white people are basically the same boring faggot

How's it feel, honkey?

So you're new and stupid, got it

So chaos players, unload the soul grinders and knights and titans onto the planets of Konor. You can win this planet!

Xenos units already get called MEQ and GEQ and so on. I fully expect people to tell me that they are playing as Raven Guard orks or White Scars eldar.

You're both fucking retarded. I know all the ork klans AND all the snowflake chapters, so there's no excuse. I even know craftworlds and hive fleets. The only shit I don't know is most dynasties and cabals since dynasties are pretty new in coverage and cabals are never mentioned other than the one or tow major ones.

What's everyone painting tonight?

Pretty neat

Exactly who will efficiently use it aside from literally Farsight

Nice, thanks. I used to use Imperial Primer til I got two bad pots in a row and swore never again, so I'm looking for something new.

Anyone that can't name the six ork Klan's is absolutely new.

Yeah, I'd imagine. The problem is how interlocked they are. If you drop a part, you're missing a lot.
Eg. Snipers are covens only. Melee is primarily cults or unaligned etc

Finally feel a bit motivated to finish up my screamer, basing my remaining three brimstones, and then maybe working on a blue horror or flamer. Forgot to grab my pot of Agrax while painting with a buddy but I have time to burn before the Thousand Sons codex, so I can probably do a lot by then

It sounds like a good product. I'd say give it a shot. And I'm with you on the Imperial Primer. It works fine if you get a good batch but seems to frequently be fucked up and not work at all.

Flavours of marines that get as much fluff and crunch each as a xenos npc

the one true patrican