Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

I want to fill an Eldar with my ___ edition

>Necromunda is returning, much to sister player's butthurt
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing and even GW begging can't help it. Lost again!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign. Hell, maybe you'll even play (no you won't)
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

I claim this thread for the Black Templars

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/TuUDbxf
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like kroot. Anyone have the old Gnarloc rules on pdf or is it in one of these links?

First for Nids i guess. Any body feel like hazarding a guess at the next 6 codexes?
SW
Nids
IG
Orks
Craftworld eldar
AdMech

Weren't eldar next after GK?

Based op posting blanche cover art.

I want to fill an eldar with my gene seed

Tsons confirmed soon
No orks this year aswell

>Posting based blanchian art from when 40k was a grimdustrial game about a hopeless fight against unstoppable odds where even the 'good guys' were actually running a fascist empire that would make Orwell weep. (that's an author of paper books 8e fans)
>Now the fluff is about a pretty boy Mary Sue and his Mary Sue army who go around beating all the Saturday morning cartoon bad guys.
>Posting the boxset of 3rd edition when the game was a tactical and strategic meeting of minds , where units were unique and all had their own role which required a combined arms approach to achieve victory.
>Now the game is about moving your oversized , overpowered models towards eachother and rolling dice until one of you dies. With all units being a homogenised identical mass and elements such as positioning, cover and strategy being meaningless.
>So many feels, so much lost.

Is the guy with red trim meant to be a sergeant? Do Black Templars still use red trim or is it only for sword brethren now?

When was this said? I didnt know they had said anything about releases yet

Anyone have a pure primaris army? What does your list look like?

1 xenos getting it this year
cogboys defs not getting it this year from gw
the only non sm factions confirmed getting something this year are cogboys (FW) and tau (FW), with the only non marine codex from gw this year up for grabs

Tsons teased on the FB page in replies

Orks if you read their blog thoroughly

facebook reply and about tzeentch powers, was posted as a screenshot

Here is the back of my trygon if anybody even cares.

I'd rank Xenos armies in this order of likelihood:

Eldar
Orks
Tyranids
Deldar
Necrons

Nice work.

Fucking gay. I wish they would just do the main factions instead of making everyone else wait 6+ months because they need to release 4-5 SM books and 4-5 CSM books. Its not that i expect anything less, its just a little draining knowing ive got to wait till probably mid next year for a codex while they pump out shit for 2 factions

>no genestealers
>no tau
>no harlequins
>no ynnari

Cheers m8, it needs a touch up for sure though

depending on whether you play tau or cogboys you will get fires of cyraxus by end of the year which will be nice, though I expect the balance of the units in there to be completely fucked up since FW balanced stuff so that one edition you have an unkillable waac robot that next edition becomes a ludicrously expensive paperweight

Plastic escher before plastic sisters, oh my word

They're all so interesting I forgot they exist.

>Ynnari in Eldar codex
>Harlequins in DEldar codex

>fires of cyraxus
Never ever releasing

They were teasing daemons on twitter as well, so I'd say SW, TS and CD to come after DG.
This. I don't think it was mentioned once during the FW open day.

What should be my end goal for my SM chapter be. I got some terminators, dreads and scouts, with some rhinos on the way. But what should I look into investing in after that?

Get some sternguard. Bitches love sternguard.

Any particular chapter or theme?

3 knights

>not 5
What are you a commie?

Which chapter?

discord.gg/TuUDbxf

Dark Eldar Discord

In no paticular order
Blood Angels
Space Woofs
Dark Angels
Tsons
Emps Childrens
Daemons

>genestealers
>harlequins
>ynnari

Sub-factions of the NPCs.

5 don't fit well in 2k lists.
Roboute Guilliman

Remove EC and you're sadly probably right

Replace daemons with deathwatch and gooood

Meant craft world wldar omstead of emps kids

No theme yet. I've just been play testing a few chapters with a buddy, but nothing seems too outstanding.

you realize you can have both the combi-bolters and meltaguns and fire them all at the same time? You don't have enough points left over to have all of your bike squads have them, but 4/6 isn't bad.

Battalion detachment 100 pl

Primaris Captain 7
Primaris Librarian 7

5 intercessors 5
5 intercessors 5
5 intercessors 5

Redemptor Dreadnought 10

3 interceptors 10
3 interceptors 10

5 hellblasters 8
5 hellblasters 8

Stormtalon 9
Repulsor 16

Pretty casual list but effective enough mostly as the Repulsor is hilariously overpowered.

I'd try either primaris, intercessors, reivers or aggressors would all work well with what you have. Some anti tank would be good if you're not running it on the dreads, so devastators, hell blasters (keep them bear a captain) or predators could help too

Thanks m8. Will do

>Space Marines
>Gross Space Marines
>Space Marines
>Space Marines
>Egyptian Space Marines

>tfw on turn one you teleport in your throwaway terminator Chaplain and th/ss assault terminators right into the thick of your opponent's deployment to bait your opponent into wasting turns to kill them off so the rest of your army can harass and take objectives
>it works
>opponent throws his walord away after tunnel visioning
>termie chaplain loses three wounds for the entire game and not a single assault terminator dies
Post MVP unit stories, anons

>using PL

What's it like being literally retarded?

>Emps Childrens
They're not getting their own codex for at least a year from now.

This is fantastic bait.

I wish that the GW website out of stock/no longer available messages were more reliable. That way you could take them as indicators of what will either be discontinued or get new kits in the near future.

If that was reality it would be interesting to note that the Succubus, Haemonculus and Venom are all no longer available where they are sold out, as are Hive Tyrants, Tyanid Warriors and single boxes of Carnifexes. The craftworld Farseer and the Cadre Fireblade are too. You could take that to mean there may be planned releases, or re-releases of those things.

If I were to guess I'd say GW might be planning to bundle more web-exclusive single models together into box sets like the AoS Collegiate Arcane box and 40k kits like the GSC Broodcoven. Fuck knows about the Venom and the tyranids though. Although the Hive Tyrant in the indexes does feature new wargear options it didn't previously have and Tyranid warriors seem to be one of the most frequently changed kits in the game.

But this is just wild speculation based on a known to be inaccurate thing, so obviously take it to be absolute fact and write articles for it on BoLS

Nigger has nobody told you: don't get (you)s on your own supply.

>Space Marines
>Vampire Space Marines
>Closet Space Marines
>Alien-Specializing Space Marines
>Daemon-Specializing Space Marines
>Viking Space Marines
>Golden Eagle Space Marines
>Spikey Space Marines
>Egyptian Space Marines
>Gross Space Marines

NPCs may have to wait until next year.

We also have
>Skull-Collecting Space Marines
and
>Loud Space Marines
to look forward to!

For what it's worth, a redshirt told me yesterday most of the dark Eldar stuff was being repackaged as drukhari hence it's infrequent appearances in the actual store and it's on off webstore showing

>Mfw I have a unit of 20 Khorne berserkers just for this shit

Making more of a point about how for a while all i think we are are getting is chaos wank and SM wank while every other faction will have to wait upwards of 12 months for their codex

That sounds entirely likely. The same is also true for Carnifexes (they come on far too small circular bases and need to be reboxed to match the shield of baal and brood ones with oval bases).

Emps Children's codex will be getting released next to the Ynnari codex.

Fo4 me its my mawlocs. Godamn they are a great distraction unit. Sure they dont fuck tanks, backlines or even infantry really but they sure as fuck spook the enemy every single time. They always choose to deal with the mawlocs instead of the advancing gaunts and gene stealers giving me an extra turn for my gribblys to make the way up the field un harmed

So did they remove the basic troop with transport deal from the webstore?

hopefully deathwatch soon

I also heard that new battleforce force boxes and new start collecting boxes are coming

Eldar and DW would be nice, my sales posts haven't seen a single nibble since the Indexes landed.

That makes sense since they all contain out of date rules.

>that time when my squad of cultists with autoguns managed to take out a squad of Necron Warriors, Lychguard, and a fucking Overlord by themselves without losing a single model the entire game

Who needs daemon princes when you have a bunch of guys with shitty rifles

>sales post
?

Would be nice if they repack every unit box to contain a First Strike style Datasheet.

Will encourage new purchases over re-sale and they are damn handy.
(though units like Plaguermarines might struggle with theirs already full-page list of unit specific wargear.)

>without losing a single model the entire game
Attrition too low
Time for some decimations

A post for selling goods, usually on traditional forums or social media.

They probably will. AoS boxes already do that

I just want more savings boxes to be honest. The tyranid swarm box was actually pretty good by GW standards

Chaos bikers dont seem to be able to into melee. Why? I thought csm was supposed to be more melee than sm.

What do you mean? They can take chain swords instead of pistols and don't loose their special weapons or combi-bolters.

>mfw some fool tries to deep-strike his Terminator-Captain and TH/SS Termies directly into the heart of my deployment zone, but he can't because he can't place them closer than 9'' and my scout squads are screening my entire board edge
>mfw my opponent ends up deep-striking them into his deployment zone because he has no choice and ends up walking them across the board

>He paints with brushes

Main issue is that several 8th edition unit boxes have already launched without them, so either they'll have to

>make 2.0 boxes of 8th units (cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth of player that have been "literally robbed at gunpoint by gamesjewshop" because they didn't include a laminated sheet of cardbard.)

>release them independently (cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth of players that have been "literally robbed at gunpoint by gamesjewshop" because they have to pay for a laminated sheet of cardbard that they will literally die without.)

>release them for free for the "old" kits (cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth of sharholers that have been "literally robbed at gunpoint by gamesjewshop" because they gave away free laminated sheet of cardbard)

So. Bikers in melee, why or why not?

Does anyone know how the icon of despair and the night lords legion trait interact? Do they stack or not?

What face is that?
Staring blankly into space?

>he uses anything other than sharpies and markers

>why
Tougher
Faster into melee
Can tie up units you don't want roaming freely

>why not?
Give up mobility
Risk death by tarpit
Normally better ranger weapons than melee

Be more specific, what bikers

>he doesn't do finger painting

Hello plebs

Rolled 5 (1d6)

What should I ally with my Death Guard?

1. Word Bearers
2. Black Legion
3. Nurgle Daemons
4. Alpha Legion
5. Fabius Bile
6. Night Lords

The community post says they stack.

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-night-lords-aug-2gw-homepage-post-2/

>Not painting with blades of grass

If you count custards as a powered armour flavour we can have this year's 10 dexes all power armour

Chaos in this case. Was consdering a Chaos army and going biker heavy.

Real man no paint with hairy stick. Man who paint with finger real painter. Only paint on rock of cave face. Little men made of not rock are for men who sneak to back of cave to have grunt grunt with each other.

Congrats

Fabius Bile is awesome

An AdMech codex would be nice. Ive given up any hope of a non forgeworld new unit. While the power armour gimps get about 10 new models pulled out of their fucking ass the "advanced technology" faction has 1 tank and 1 type of robot for heavy support

Yes I am mad and butthurt

>T6 plague marines, T7 with Mortarion aura
nice

>he doesn't make the paint himself with berries and other natural materials

>he doesn't use traditional handmade Nepalese oxen hair brushes

>the "advanced technology" faction
The quotes are very apt, and the admech are the hyper-orthodox ancient tech faction.

>Mortarion aura

?

The renegade trait would make that pretty doable. You chainswords are good but you're going to be reliant on stratagems and characters for your big hitters

>not dipping your tongue into the paint and then applying it onto your model

I think it'll be Death Guard. But it should really be Necrons, since they seem to be the most broken right now.

Yeah it aucks user. I have hope for admech getting some new units though. Probably a transport of some description ptobably with a fuck ton of legs

Did you seriously create a new general without linking it in the old thread?

How do you remember to breath being this fucking inbred?