Buying a new Tacoma, should I get auto or manual?

Giing to be my only vehicle, driving for errands and freeway, maybe off roading once or twice a year.

Should I get auto or manual? Never owned a truck before, previous cars includes audi and civic.

Tundra has bigger balls though

Manual.

One of few vehicles in us still offered with stick.

DYOR on gen 3s though, some early complaints.

t. 2014 taco 4x4

Auto, there's no reason to use a manual transmission even in high end sportscars anymore

Also nobody owns manual trucks. I haven't even rode in a stickshift truck for a decade plus

also:

>offroading in your vehicle you use for commuting

come the fuck on.

Auto

No maintenance
Faster
Better mpg

Its a nobrainer and perfect for a brainlet

if you need to be pulling shit and have to reverse uphill don't get a manual, towing backwards in a manual is cancer aids

>business and finance

Are you planning on getting a warranty? If so get an automatic, because they will not cover a lot of the transmission on manual transmissions because wear and tear is dependent upon how you push the engine manually. Honestly, I think automatic is better for off roading anyway, though it's very contentious. But most of the top guys these days use automatic.

>buying an auto car
>ever

fucking americans

Not everyone is rich like you with dedicated vehicles for camping, commuting, offroading, you fucking thot.

report all shill threads! dont let (((them))) destroy crypto

Manual. Those things go 500k miles without a problem

No, for real, don't go offroading in a BRAND NEW vehicle that your livelihood depends on

Auto transmissions are still less effecient than a human. Not to mention cost or replacement should shit go sideways.

>unironically still driving a manual car

Welcome to the 21st century dumbass

Thanks to crypto I now can buy this truck, otherwise I will have to continue sharing car with my roommate.

I don't plan to, just want to make sure if I decides to do it, the truck can handle the rough terrain as well as a manual would. I am an indoor neet.

Do they even make manual trd pros?
I dont think they do.
Only cheap cars and sports cars have them still

that hasn't been true since the early 2000s

Manual and automatic have equivalent fuel economy now (both are beaten by CVT)

>2019 model
>not out til mid/late 2018

With my investment right now I'll probably be buying a new car late 2018

>Buying a new Tacoma
>driving for errands and freeway, maybe off roading once or twice a year
Buy a fucking car for doing car stuff 363 days of the year.
Stupid truck cuck

I had SUVs, cars, coupes, lately I have truck fetish. I am also an amateur hobby prepper.

Auto unless you're an autist who still swears by manual even though there is no reason for normal people to use it

>itt butt blasted faggots who had a cuck of a father that never taught them how to drive standard
o i am laffin

haha nice business and finance post guys

Buy a CAR and make it a manual. Cheaper to maintain and you feel/look cooler. It’s easy to learn even women used to drive manuals.

CVT

Not buying the TRD trim, getting the middle model, I just need crew cab with 4x4.

Love the Tacoma and there will never be a time I my life going forward where there isn't a Tacoma in my driveway.

Manual is great, and reduces the chances of thievery. Also great resale value, I just took a loan on a 2007 bone stock 4 cyl and still got 12k for crypto haha.

I am almost 40 and have been driving sedans for 25 years and I am sick of it. I also start to build random stuffs for my house so I need a hauler.

I'm looking at another Tacoma too. Definitely going for an automatic. I've had an 01 Tacoma base model with manual tranny for 17yrs now. (350k miles all original clutch motor and all) Back in the day manuals were better on gas and less prone to malfunction. But with modern computerized everything, the auto is the way to go. It can handle shifting and fuel economy way better than you could hope to. Plus, if you ever sit in any traffic for an extended period of time a manual fucking kills you. And there's not really any price break for a manual transmission, they're pretty well standard equipment.

biz bro, congrats on purchasing a Tacoma.

I bought a 2011 brand new and I fucking love it. I just got my real first job, and it is by far the best functional design car I have ever driven.

Easy to fix, very low maintenance. But let me tell you about the new ones:

Since the 3rd gen was released, a lot of people were complaining about its automatic transmissions and how they have shifting irregularities. This has been a very known issue since the new v6 engines came out. Toyota claims its the software, and others claim its shit build. Either way, you'll be inheriting these, but it may not affect you.

2nd. I drive a basic 4x4, 4cylinder, sr5. I wish I had manual, because this thing does not give up looking for gears when climbing hills.

TL;DR
if 4 cylinder= GET A MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!

if v6= automatic.

manual for fun. Auto for commuting. its the sad but honest reality.