BRUTAL HONESTY NEEDED

2 days from now is one of the biggest fucking events in crypto history and there is almost no discussion anywhere, biz included, on it!

Discuss the Bitcoin fork, please. What does it actually mean? Is it like when shares have their volume increased for a decrease in average share price? What will happen to Bitcoins price? Who is starting this fork?

So many questions. Ask in this thread. Let's be informed and educated members of the investing community.

Other urls found in this thread:

tourbar.com/en/profile/1456382/jaap-terlouw_42_kiev_ukraine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2 days from now is one of the biggest fucking events in crypto history
It's not even the 3rd biggest fork this year.

What exactly is a fork?

nice, just bought 100k

Do you wanna know how I know you're new?

Wat

It has no support so it will be a non event

a utensil you use to eat food with

If you have to ask this question, stop investing in crypto.

all of those websites are shit though. besides biz.
>business insider
>posts about celebrities and food

What the actual fuck the normies being on Veeky Forums meme is real first of all bch was the biggest fork this year second of all b2x lost its reputation after such a disappointing introduction and third its a fucking scam, the people behind b2x bought a shitload of cheap prefork b2x on hitbtc and now sell for insane profit by forking anyway and before eoy

The fork is a trick by blockstream. They know people are sick of there shit and want 2x. So they make a 2x fork but also add the caveat of moving a bunch of early coins. So now when people ask about 2x they can say "lol look at the fork, the market decided it's worthless" when really people don't want it because it had some bullshit redistribution of coins.

The fact that we’re not talking about it should tell you enough new friend.

tourbar.com/en/profile/1456382/jaap-terlouw_42_kiev_ukraine

>a fucking hohol

FUCK BTC AND FUCK ITS MILLIONS OF FUCKING FORKS.

For proof look up trade history it 3xed before the news of a 28december fork, no other newssource about it before that since the coin would be worthless after 31december there is no single reason for it to pump randomly and so high. This is just like the bch manipulation by coinbase and now by hitbtc. Goes to show why these fake btc rip-offs are trash and should be universally ignored

so you don't like free coins?

Wrong place to ask bud.

Try reddit. Or google.

They arent free everyone is buying btc now before fork, and btc will crash again before u can sell back. Enjoy ur free b2x together with btc bags mate

It's when a big update comes to a crypto
It can make some problems for the switch over from updates including hurting miners

If a crpyto has problems during the fork, they can hurt their value. But if they are successful, they can show stability and be worth more. It depends if you trust that crypto to handle forks well.

Guys, whats a bitcoin?

Fucking newfags

Crypto currency is a set of rules enforced by math. When someone wants to make a change they need to gain consensus or the fork will be rejected by the market. Bitcoin needs to scale. Some people want to ensure that no one is forced off the chain while others think forcing users to use off chains solutions is better. The fighting has been going on for about four years. Rather than one side "winning" and the other forced to give up crypto currency gives you the option to fork and go your separate ways. S2X was an attempt by those who don't want to be forced off the chain to increase the block size to 2mb. It was a compromise between both sides to maintain consensus instead of splitting the market. It didn't work. Therefore the market forked. Now you have those who want a settlement layer, Bitcoin, and those who want to ensure no one forced off the chain, Bitcoin Cash.

S2X is dead. However in this current environment, full of dumb money who will jump on anything that might make them rich quick instead researching what they are investing in, opportunistic scammers have created a fork that has nothing to do with S2X but named it S2X tricking retards to buy them. This "S2X" fork has a multitude of changes that the market has no interest in, redistributing some early mined Bitcoins being one of them.

Don't fall for the scam.

But bcash is split off the main chain (Bitcoin)

lmao straight from reddit

It wouldn't be a fork if it started from it's own genesis block.

and here you have the masterminds behind the biggest event in crypto history

A pajeet, a nigger and a rabbi enter in a bar and...

user i am IT savvy but a complete noob to figuring out hashrates and truly understanding the blockchain. I saw some lectures which i saved but if i really wanted to start to possibly be more involved in crypto what would you all recommend> and what if i told you i truly believe this shit will end us in a cashless society

Investopedia is okay desu. It has some crypto terms that could help out no coiners