Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Death Guard Announced Edition

Ad Mech are next codex sub-edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leaker redeemed edition?

1. Lorgar- He felt betrayed by the Emperor, found gods who demanded worship and showed him a dying shrineworld as a possible future if humanity didn't embrace them.

2. Angron- Rage Against the Machine: the primarch. Even if the Emperor had touched down and rescued Angron and his gladiators he still would have rebelled. The Red Anarchist fought for one thing: freedom.

3. Curze- Never had a chance. His mind was damaged from childhood and he was going to be put down eventually.

4. Fulgrim- Loyal to the Imperium but was possessed by a daemon as a consequence of his hubris.

5. Horus- Nothing but ego here. He thought that the Emperor had abandoned the crusade and didn't deserve credit for Horus' accomplishments. Also deceived by Erebus and the chaos gods.

6. Magnus- Imagine you and your legion are unparalleled at one thing. Imagine that thing is then banned and when you try to help you make things worse and people start attacking you.

7. Perturabo- Just a bitter shit that felt unappreciated.

8. Alpharius- The old lore is that he turned traitor to prove the tactics of his legion were superior to the Ultramarines. Black Library wank is that he had to join chaos to destroy it from the inside.

9. Mortarion- Deceived by his first captain and only turned to save his legion. You could argue Nurgle had a hold of him from the very beginning what with the poison, scythes, and Deathshroud walking 49 (7x7) paces behind him but the other three champion(?) primarchs are pretty clear-cut as well.

I haven't linked this thread to the old one you faggots.

I just made it a bit early to sort out a few changes in the link list.

Didn't realize we needed permission to post in your thread' ohpee.

rofl as if it fucking matters

Perturabo felt like a simple tool.Where his brothers were getting all the glory in battlefield,he and his legion were building trenchs and fortresses in the conquered worlds.

Also he got angry when big e named Rogass praetorian of terra

[childish shooty noises]

nice trips

Say what you like but this is what peak performance looks like.

>7-units orbital bombardment

Yes please.

t.bootlicker

>Perturabo felt like a simple tool.
He is. That's exactly how the Emperor saw him.

that actually happened in that game. Took 2 wounds of three characters each, fried a lascannon team, 4 wounds on tanks, half a dozen dead infantry

Angron is the biggest faggot in the universe.
>Wants freedom
>Fights for Horus a tyrant
>Life wasnt nice to me, hate Girlyman for it
>Sanguinius, Curze, Corax, Lion, Khan, Mortarion all got into death traps of worlds that almost killed them as infants and then reconquered the whole shit.
>Angron wanted to die with his brothers and sisters like a cuck instead of asking the Emperor to take them away.,

>AdMech getting a codex before Orks
>AdMech getting a codex before IG
>AdMech getting a codex before Ynnari Eldar
>Admech getting a codex before Tau
>AdMech getting a codex before ANYONE

Wot da zog Geedubz?
AdMech after the Death Guard for codexes? ZOGGIN' ADMECH?!

Nothing against the cogboyz, but in terms of relevance the Adeptus Mechanicus is a pretty low priority compared to the rest of 40k.

>t. will never hold down a proper job and likely live for the rest of his life on welfare or working at walmart
All because daddy told you to do something and he didn't explain why. Sad.

Fuck this model.

That is all.

I think at least a xeno army will get a dex first, but AdMech is the faction that needs a dex more badly, they are currently shit-tier

I'm in the middle of painting my Bloat drone and I know your feel, I think.

So many little bits hidden behind shit and so much stuff.

Yeah but he could have showed more respect for Perturabo,giving him a title and recognize him as the master of siege

Not to mention it turning into a fine resin paste whenever you try to transport it.

What other primarchs whine about not having a title?

>I think at least a xeno army will get a dex first
nope. Imperium and chaos this year, xenos next year.

If you want to allocate codexes based on relevance, Admech would be right up there and Marines would be WAAY down the bottom. Admech arm the entire Imperium including the Marines and are pretty much the most powerful organization in the Imperium de facto, Marines have less than a million troops in a galaxy of over a million worlds and have very little impact in the grand scheme of things.

LOL have you? Giving an employee training on how and why they perform their role is key to getting them to perform it at maximum efficiency. Many companies have new employees visit different departments so they understand how parts of the business work together. Most of the huge ones do this especially. And it's not just about following orders, you have to understand the order.
>here's the tilling system you will use
>cool, how do I use it? when do I start training?
>lol wtf just use it. retard. figure it out
>wtf why haven't you finished with this customer yet? there's a huge queue! fucking moron
It was more like:
>don't pour water in the pan
>why? what will happen if I do?
>stop fucking asking questions, idiot
You would make a terrible parent. Children are naturally curious and if you don't explain to them the concept of danger, and what that danger means, they will wonder what you mean. If the Emperor told Magnus that pouring water inside the pan would cause it to explode and seriously hurt himself and everything around him, he probably would not have done it. However, he was not told what pouring water in a pan would do.

guys about the poxwalkers "curse of the walking pox" can the unit grow to more than 20 models?

Just llike GKs, they are a minor faction that GW won't make new models for so might as well get there dex out at the same time as the one for a major release.

>inb4 DG isn't a major faction

They are big in the 8th edition marketing. That's also the reason why they get 5 new kits as well

Admech aren t shit tier. What's is shit tier about us though is the fact that we have 2 fucking HQs in the entirety of our army. I play Ryza mechanicus and relying on Cawl makes me feel like shit

So whats the crack with the varfies flavours of elfdar (pansies, clowns and rape elfdar)? From the looks of it DE got a staggering boost and are now pretty good now that assault is viable against and wyches can shitloads of attacks. Harlies look to be a tiny model count force of undiluted rape where 35 pimped harlies will chew through entire chapters all day every day and pansy craftworlders appear to be (naturally) toned down but all the aspects Just Werk™ now.

I know not of Ynnari - while soulbursting is awesome for harlies and DE trading away rising crescendo and Power from pain for it doesn't seem worth it.

Literally this. A couple pats on Perty's back and he wouldn't have gone over

Yes

Sanguinius,Lion,Khan,and Mortarion had dads and dindnt get enslaved.Also Corax didnt land in death world,its was more like Fulgrim.And Curze was hidden,refused by everyone,but didnt got mutilated and forced to fight

>needs a dex more badly, they are currently shit-tier

I can't take this seriously.
Everyone whines about being overnerfed and shit. Literally every faction.
Even Guard players try and whine about things sometimes

>if you nerf conscripts they'll be bad tho

Lion el'Jonson did when he wasn't named Warmaster. So did Guilliman.

So what kind of Your Dudes capacity is left in 8th? Loyalist chapter tactics is mostly picking a progenitor's tactics while CSM Renegades get just "U Go Fest", and I'd guess later codices will either lack options for lesser known/custom groups or just have an umbrella one for them. Heretics and Renegades is literally just guard with a sprinkle of chaos and no customization and no IA in sight.

How do space marine chapters decide were to go? Do they wait for orders from terra or do they just wander their sector looking for trouble? Or both?

and here we see more Guardfaggotry, as they spam the same image every other general. Same with those fucking Ogryns

I don't play AdMech, and they ARE shit-tier

Not even a fucking equivalency, nevermind a false one. The primarchs all already knew how to fucking massacre things, they were well into building their own weapons. It's more like
>here's the tilling machine you'll use, I hope you remember your training
>1 week later
>this job is boring, make me manager or else
Fucking chaosfags are delusionala as shit.

Pertu just needed some dad love.The other primarchs were conquering the galaxy while he was digging holes.The only thing he wanted is that others recognize his useful dirty work,specially dad

Get fucked "M-muh dudes!" nigger, age of Primarchs is upon us.

>Good job perty

>Now go check the bathrom, after Mortarion went in I think the sewers are overflowing again.

>imperium
>Sweet I'm getting new stuff for my IG, Inquisition, SoB or Admech this year!
Oh you meant marines and edgy marines this year.

Nids can be good "your dudes" since none of the hive fleets will matter until a codex gets dropped.

>Children are naturally curious and if you don't explain to them the concept of danger, and what that danger means, they will wonder what you mean.
It's almost like the Emperor didn't have fucking time to deal with any of that shit because he already knew that the Chaos Gods were after him in some shape or form. Which is why they had a fucking massive incursion of Daemons ready to go when the toilet when kaplat.

Either way the fucking point stands. When someone, especially the person that literally genetically engineered and created you and is the most powerful human being in existence, tells you do something, you should probably do it.

Well have the advantage of switching trait/tactics/etc from game to game as you prefer. They pay for it by losing named characters.

You both realize that all the bad shit that was happening to Pert was due to basically his own umbrage and pre-emptively shitting on others because he thought they hated him, and Horus, not the Emperor, flooding him with the worst combat zones that could be found to break his will.
Right?

>release 5 human codexes in a row
>not a single xenos codex in sight

I guess we truly are the NPCs...

Are you seriously complaining about chapter and legion tactics?

The problem I have with 8th's customization is the limited wargear options on HQs.

Admech is next, what the fuck are you talking about

1. NEW Blight-drone weapons. One big and one that looks like CC variant.
2. Typhus!
3.Termies!
4.Multi-pose Plauge Marines
5.Another obscured pic of that new tank.

Im so glad I rolled with Papa in 8th. I love those new drones so Im super hyped for new weapons on them.
8TH BELONGS TO THE NURGLE!!!

>Imperium and chaos this year, xenos next year.
As annoying as that might be since it would mean my boyz will be without post-8th fluff except for what we get from other codexes for awhile, given Orks are now a force to be reckoned with in 8e with only the Index rules (and still are even against the special rules Chaos and SM have now), I am... strangely okay with this possibility.

>Nids can be good "your dudes" since none of the hive fleets will matter until a codex gets dropped
Unless that Hive Fleet is Leviathan. That Fleet's just straight up fucked 40,000 ways to Sunday as of 8th.

hey guys does anyone have a picture of a group of converted cadians ?
they had brown carapace armor, the winged skull on the helmet had been filed off and the lasgun muzzle was snipped off
can't for the life of me find it

>4 marines and mechanicus
>human

And yes Xenos are NPCs and Eldar and Tau are NPCs that don't know their place.

as if xenos is getting new shit either. I'm talking about codexes

Does it break as easily as other finecast?
I wanted to get one of those but was afraid it will just break, especiall as i dont have foam case yet.

>Either way the fucking point stands. When someone, especially the person that literally genetically engineered and created you and is the most powerful human being in existence, tells you do something, you should probably do it.
Why?
Why should I beside fear of retribution?

Where is guarantee that just because someone is strong that he is wise, fair and just?
Should we make so strongest boxer in country rules cause he is "most powerful human being in our country"?

Power does not equate right.

just... use the tactic that you think makes the most sense for your dudes? Named characters would be limited to whoever's tactic you end up using, but convert your own guy as a 'counts-as'. As long as your opponent isn't a complete faggot, why would that be a problem what you call your toy soldier? As long as its clear what he's supposed to be rules-wise, that is.

Kids always see their parents as the most powerful being in the universe, until they mature. The Primarchs were not mature people. They had no relatable figures in their youth. It's important for a child's psychological development to be able to relate to their parent. When the Primarchs, mentally immature as they were due to being demi-gods with no relatable people, found their true father, they wanted encouragement. Kids thrive on it. The Emperor denied certain ones the encouragement they needed, and naturally they rebelled.

what is the problem with using one of the established traits for your dudes? they could either be splinters or successors or whatnot from already existing fluff or you can create a brand new fluff for them and give them an existing trait, although I guess that would require you to put some effort in the fluff of your dudes. So either you are short sighted or plain lazy

Other than baiting, what exactly is wrong with Your Dudes?

Personally, My Forge Dudes will continue beating each and every snowflake Primarch to be released to death with Electropriests and vastly enjoying it, since said Primarchs can wipe my army a dozen times and it won't approach a shadow of the amount of damage the Imperium or the forces of Chaos take if I bring down one of them and/or a whole bunch of Marines.

To be fair, they CAN take named characters if you want to stick with one Tactic or play one tactic for long enough for it to be worth making the NC, you just do a counts-as with the rules. My Archmagos will look nothing LIKE Cawl aside from being roughly the same size, but he's still using his rules since he's the only Archmagos going.

Eventually my dude, eventually.

That sucks, xenos are way cooler than the various flavors of space fag.

please gw. PLEASE do this for emperors children. I'll never bitch about the look of daemonettes again.

Not really.Horus told him to siege every imperial fortress and destroy them all,and Pertu saw that as an honour.He doesnt care about making that,he just wants empathy from his brothers,that is why he is now the less emphatic.

you're absolutely right, children are naturally curious. which means either you think the traitor primarchs are children, or you think they are adults who are not responsible for their actions.

>Should we make so strongest boxer in country rules cause he is "most powerful human being in our country"?
Not really, no, especially considering that one bullet is all it's take to put an end to him. Whereas the Emperor could quite literally kill every president on earth right now and their sucessors in a single day if he wanted to.

>Power does not equate right.
Except that it does. Welcome to reality, you daddy issues libshit. Stop me from taking away your rights.

>AdMech getting special tactics for seven different forge worlds
Not even a cogfucker but that's fucking awesome. Glad to see GW is actually fleshing out each faction like this.

At least 1ksons have tzaangors. I wish we got a full space beastmen and women army.

Also the flies from the new Blightwar are making it into Codex DG and probably Codex: Daemons of Chaos

How's this for Great Unclean One?

You made me feel feels I didnt wanted to feel. I dont know If GW can pull that off, minis so cool I forget how ugly demonets are.

FUCK. Forgot image.

They arent that new, and were already in 40k IRC.

Are you retarded? They are a thing already.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle

I like his hat

Yeah, that's true. They're slow rolling the cool factions in the humie factions in favor of boring deathguard and grey knights (probably the most boring of all the space fag factions)

Why not release codexes for interesting CSM and SM instead? A fire themed Salamander codex. An EC codex?

Or focus on non space fag versions of the Imperium and Chaos. A SoB codex, and a Chaos Eldar codex! Those would be sick.

sexy, use her

That just looks like the average beaner

>FW 1 gets rerolls charge
>FW 2 gets morale rerolls

lets see if they are actually interesting and not CT reruns first

So I'm considering forgoing the endless wait for plastic sisters and starting some basic SoB purchases (probably starting with a Exorcist and Immolator since that shit ain't going down in price even with new models), but all the shit is sold out on the GW site, and the same shit is more expensive on ebay. Assuming GW is going to restock this stuff, how long am I looking at? I was hoping to start buying shit next month, and keep building until the codex drops (when I can hopefully get some new boxes for the actual Sisters themselves).

Well it's appropriately disgusting but I feel like it'd look better if it was more daemonic than gross fat kid. Tubby needs a weapon and some horns.

"the commissar may take up to two items from the astra militarum melee weapons list"

does that mean we can have dual powerfist commissars now? uh... guys?

Those flies aren't new. I've seen kits for them before. Or at least something very similar.

user... those models are several years old.
games-workshop.com/en-AU/Chaos-Daemons-Plague-Drones-of-Nurgle

What's the perfect amount of 3+ S6 AP-3 shots?

>what exactly is wrong with Your Dudes?
It's the sign of autism.

I don't need to know the name of your commander. Give me the info on the wargear, tactics, relics, and warlord trait.

>Chaos Eldar codex

Why would you spend that kind of money on fucking awful models if you think new ones are coming.

You sir, are a sad little fuck.

I bet you're a riot to play with

if we really want to set ourselves up for disappointment, maybe they'll release actually decent daemonettes.

>Welcome to reality
Where every society that relied on personal power to much crumbled into the dust?

Stop deluding yourself that you have any personal strength and if you had any that it matter in a face of leviathan.

Even in 40k, strongest of man, Emperor of mankind is just a minor detail in front of might of Imperium that trashed most of what he stood for and uses him as fucking lighthouse.

It's a thing in one of the latest BL books.

Do you actually know what autism is?

A box of 5 terminators, the DI terminator lord and I can make a nice corrupt Grave Warden unit. Then I can use all the BaC cataphractii as regular DG terminators.

Better hope they come with those plague marine grenade launchers.

>I don't need to know the name of your commander
Some players like that shit because they find it fun. Not knowing that is a sign of autism, user. An inability to relate, or empathize.