Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Trump Daemon edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Second for crons

pretend fag here. I wish what I was pretending in the last thread was true. But we all know that whatever is released, it will be pretty bland.

There won't be any major upsets in army styling, like assault farsight enclaves. There won't be any penalties that exceed 1, like a mortarion aura of -3 movement.

Everything will be just like the indexes, with a few minor changes and the same seven tactical bonuses for subfactions copy/pasted throughout.

You just had to start with shitposting? You couldn't even wait to shit the thread afterwards? You guys are scum, no one gives a fuck about politics. You have a whole board for that shit.

Out of the loop here; what seven tacticak bonuses? The Space marine ones?

Worth taking Vets in a Scion army?

Yeah, everything is just going to be minor variations of that.

Are there even 7 well known forgeworlds? All I can think of is Mars, Metallica and Ryza

Good.

It's not worth taking veterans ever. Scions do everything better and don't consume the same slot your buffing characters and units come from.

seventh for nurgle

>9th
>justasplanned.jpeg
FUCK

Worth grabbing bits of Mechanicum while FoC is still baking? Any clue how long it may take?

Been out of the loop, anything new or interesting for Nurgle?

Nothing we didn't know.

Check the preview image yourself.

First link in the OP.

>Mortarion
>Terminators
>Deathshroud
>Typhus
>Boxed Plague Marines with more options
>Boxed Foetid Bloat-Drones with more options
>Tank

>no maga hat
>none of the maggots are truely yuge

1/10 shitpost, must be 18+ to view the contents of this website

I had high hopes going into the edition but since they literally copypasted rules twice already i'm not expecting much. 1K sons will probably get the GK +1 to cast.

I can only hope they give my xenos armies something relevant. It's been 5 fucking editions since I could take aspect warriors as troops and i'm super pissed they FAQed Khornezerkers into being troops again. Like fuck my troops are overpriced, mediocre, and i've haemorrhaged almost every single choice in the category. I already suffer from not having HQs with bonus CP but shitty troops and fewer options is just a slap in the face.

From 7th edition codex there's Mars, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, Graia, Metalica and Ryza.

Plague Doctor when

>picture does not contain Mr. Tallyman

ORKS!

What's the best way to get pistol + swords marines? I'm trying to build a 20man mobs of csm for footslogging.

>mfw he was a conversion

This

if you got access to forgeworld or wanna pay a bit in shipping then go for it. i've always wanted a mechanicum army

What's a good nid spearhead?

CARNIFEXXXXXXX

Are those Nurgle artillery tanks back there? I heard they appear in the new starter guide for 40k and stuff but I didn't know it was true.

Check out Carnevale Kickstarter for their Plague Doctor mini, they have since added an individual mini backer reward so you can just snipe those.

Otherwise, if you want a Nurgle plague doctor, you might have to steal some Tzeentchian heads and helmets, maybe that beakie cultist mask, and stick it onto a suitably Nurgly model. Possibly also deck him out in corrupted Legion Apothecary gear and count him as a Plague Caster or some other suitable character mini.

>mfw every DG army will contain
>Malignant Plaguecaster
>Noxious Blightbringer
>Toxic Tallyman
>Rotting Doc

Alright, so that brings the DG roster to:
Mortarion
Typhus
Lord of Contagion
Plaguecaster
Tallyman
Plague Bombard
Plague Drones
-Claws
-Gun/missilepod(?)
-Bile spewer
Plague Terminators
Death Shroud(They look a bit fancier than the other Terminators)
Plaguemarines
-New guns, CC weapons and what seems to be a banner

Compared to the TS:
Magnus
Ahriman
Exalted Sorcerers
Tzaangors
Rubric
-New guns
Scarab Terminators

Pretty good showing, morty

If they bring back another loyalist, I think it'll be Russ or the Lion.

Sanguinius: Mega Dead

Ferrus: Regular Dead

Khan: Not Enough People Care to Justify Production Costs

Vulkan: Can't Be Dead - Entirely possible - Niche chapter with no successors

Russ: Probably not dead - May be a mutant by now - Narrative with Magnus - Very popular and popular chapter

Lion - Definitely alive - Popular subfaction with many successors - Narrative with Fallen and former member of Imperium Secundus with Guilliman - Another regular primarch with a big sword known for tactical genius, not really different from Guilliman at this point

Dorn - Not confirmed DEAD, per se - Could have a totally sick replacement fist to be the ultimate fist guy - Popular chapter with many successors - Probably dead

Corax - Probably went and killed himself - What a fucking pussy - You gonna cry about it, emo kid? - Significantly different gameplay from Guilliman - Popular chapter with many successors - Total bitch

>mfw you forget Typhus

As for heretics:

Horus - Deader than Sanguinius - Ditched by his legion as a failure - What are they gonna call it, Horus Heresy 3: The Reckoning? - Literally never

Fulgrim - Living Daemon Primarch - Very Popular - Cult legion - Probably the best narrative with Guilliman even more so than Lorgar since he murdered him - Best Primarch K/D ratio -Hey cool, new slaanesh stuff and this guy's a snake!

Angron -Living Daemon Primarch - Very Popular - Cult legion - Hey, new Berserkers! - Very active in lore on Armageddon and wants to invade terra - Most of his legion update work already done, just update zerks, kharn is already here - Basically a better bloodthirster

Perturabo - Totally Alive Daemon Primarch - Non cult legion, only mildly popular- Only relevant to narrative if Dorn is around - Dorn is dead - Shootygun obliterator techno daemon primarch would be so so sick - Actually a good nemesis for the Mechanicum

Alpharius Omegon - Who knows - Meme popular - Already has a model: your whole army - has narrative with Robby

Lorgar - Totally alive daemon primarch- Lazy - Non Cult Legion - Very evil - Basically the main villain here - Good narrative with Guilliman - Good way to sell daemons

Night Haunter - Probably Dead - Kinda played out his shtick in 30k - not a daemon - A cool guy
It's fulgrim or angron next and I'm leaning towards fulgrim for the narrative and serious update required for slaanesh stuff, particularly noise marines who are now the only cult without a plastic box set

Is autism a requirement to fit in with the warhammer crowd or do most GWs have some chill guys just there to enjoy games? Thinking of starting this weekend

>mfw I forgot Typhus

I wonder how customizable the Lord of Contagion will be upon full release. It'd be neat if they at least got some different options for looks, a palanquin, etc. like the Exalted Sorcerers.

So what's the probability of alternative forgeworld transfer sheets coming with the codex release?
Always felt locked into running Mars since I'm not feeling freehanding every squad member

This is a good sign for EC

Can someone tell me about Reivers overall? Are they any good? Are they good in melee at all or should they stick to shooting? Im a Primaris only chapter and Reivers are my onky real option for melee currently

What is the codex release pasta again? How does it stack up with the fact that AdMech are getting released after Death Guard?

most have chill guys, with a few autists, if there are a lot of autists look at other places in your area, its likely that non-autists migrate away from the autists if they are present in large enough numbers.

Thanks mate. I think there are 5 or so around Sydney so I should be fine then

>implying Nurgle's gardener won't get 40k rules

How versatile are the primaris kits? Can you put helmets on the sergeants or does the helmet come glued to his hip?

Man, I really want to make some 30k DG apothecaries with a plague doctor look, but can't decide what head to use. MkVI seems a bit plain and might not fit MkIV and III bodies very well. There's that one Tzeentch sorcerer head with a long beak, but it has all manner of runes on it.

Only if you assume that you're not next in line for a new army.

Remember that the new army releases have gone: 1K Sons, Ynnari (literally 3 models all of which are named hqs), Death Guard.

If you're next I'd expect a new Lucius and nothing else.

yeah I don't think EC are next, they wouldn't do two CSM in a row. Lion is probably the next primarch, and another xeno army will probably come out, then EC

If I wasn't gonna be bothered by not having scissors to put on the dude, I thought it'd be funny to make a Nurgle Ryuko with half a garden shear.

A guy at my store brings 2 broodlords and 98 genestealers for a 1500 point list. How do I fight that as marines?

There is bound to be a designated autist store in your area,

Its gonna be the one where no one seemingly works there and friends of the owner check you out.

The new flamer guys?
He HAS to come to you. Stand still for 4d6 flamer each

Looking at the CSM codex, doesn't daemonic ritual completely break non matched play?

So like, choose to roll between one to three dice. If you have the models on a roll of an 8+ TWENTY guys with power swords just drop out of the sky, what can even compete with that? There isn't enough free wargear in the world...

in my experience, stores are mostly full of autists and stockholm-syndrome types who are maybe not pathologically socially retarded but just a little shy and awkward, and can't break out of the situation they find themselves in. Bro-tier gamers are generally locked away behind local groups/clubs. Takes a little more work to find them but is worth it

Well, if you're not doing matched you're probably doing narrative
Hopefully your opponent is interested in a narrative and not 'Lol get roflstomped for the bloods and skullz'

Simple solution, play with someone who's not a fucking asshole.

CSM box has enough pistols and sword for everyone.

Could a mono-Slaanesh army with no CSM ever beat Necrons or IG in a 1000pt game?

Wasn't Graia completely fucking rekt by one xenos faction or another a long time ago?

>100 genestealers
Vulkan's cock! Introduce this girl to your new Salamander's successor and flamestorm Passive-Aggressors™.

But what if it's two assholes, like, some harliquin player with every harlequin equipped with fusion pistols and caresses so the csm player just throwers up their hands and puts down 40 daemonettes?

Better hope he doesn't ally GSC and cast the no overwatch power.

Or just spam charges from over 8" away until one makes it.

Graia is primarily a massive ring-network of orbital platforms that has warp-transit capabilities. Their planets have been rekt a few times, they just find a new dustball to mine and start over. Also means their Skitarii can fight in space, mag-locked to the outside of the Graian Crown.

>GW actually writing good lore in year of our Omnissiah 2015-17
God DAMN.

No and no. Daemonettes are just going to get gunned down over and over again.
T3 5+ is a pathetic save unless you're fighting elite infantry.

How hard is it to make the DI intercessors into stalker bolt rifles ? Is it worth buying the weapons alone and giving them to the starter set marines or should I just grab a box of intercessors ?

>Necrons
Probably. Like daemons without CSM staples such as magnus, necrons aren't in a good spot right now.
>IG
Depends on the list and if your opponent has more than 2 brain cells.
If they're mechanized and kill your monsters or a conscript spam list you're probably fucked. If it's a balanced list that's low on tanks/artillery you might win the day.

This isn't AoS. Daemons at least get a 5++

Fuck AoS daemons. I have no clue what the fuck you're supposed to do other than play objectives and try to survive with them.

>daemons without CSM staples such as magnus.
. .aren't in a good spot right now.
This is supposed to change when Codex: Chaos Daemons drops, right? Sorry, newfag here

Who are the black and red guys up front?

>no CP hq
Two fucking characters do that: Girlyman and Abbywabby.

5++ doesn't do any good.

First turn everything moves forward but doesn't do any damage, snake horses may get a charge off on some screening units buts but that's it. Then their turn one they open up on you with with millions of shots, any big guns go in to killing greater daemons and the chariots.
A good gun line sees your greater daemon dead every time.

>Curze
>Probably dead
>Probably
Come on, man. I'm a NLfag, and I know he's dead as shit.

I play SoB and outside of IG heavy gun lines there is little to fear about any army right now.
When I play demons of any kind I fear anything with gun that has 12" or more range

Militarum Tempestus Scions

Codex Space Marines and Codex Chaos Space Marines both had nothing but straight up buffs in them and neither needed buffs. Especially since normal SM and Imperial soup lists are top tier.

The Chaos space marine book also buffed non-horrors daemon troops by dropping their cost and nerfed horrors. This did not actually improve anything and just made daemons worse since brimstones with 1 pink or one blue were the best you could do and you'd have to bring daemonettes and bloodletters down to the price of guardsmen, hormagaunts, or conscripts before they became viable.

You forgot Calgar and Azrael

>more spessmuhreens
That's why, then. Fuck that.

Men, heavily trained but men nonetheless.
Marines wish they had half the balls this men have.

Oh, so they are. Never looked at them from behind before.

1 squad of dudes and an inquisitor vs a daemon primarch, the immortal typhus, and a literal army of chaos space marines.

Yeah they got balls.

>

The Visarch's design is actually supposed to reflect the pre-fall eldar if you didn't know that already. Good choice.

Why are gaurd so fucking overpowered?

i dont understand?

So Codex: CSM buffed Khorne and Nurgle daemons but nerfed Slaanesh and Tzeentch?
And the fact they blatantly buffed CSM and SM in their Codex's means it's likely when Codex Chaos Daemon comes out they'll be viable right?

Dunno.
Happened in 3rd too.
Instead of indexes, all the armies just had simple lists in the back of the book until codexes came out.
Guard were broken as fuck, and it took 2 codexes for them to be fixed.

you don't think Khorne will get his stuff before us? Slaanesh is usually last when it comes to chaos stuff, no?

>Infantry are dirt cheap
>Special weapons for guard is dirt cheap
>Plenty of access to D6 damage weapons
>Heavy Bolter spam
>Pask is a monster
>Vanilla Battle tanks are great all-rounders

I remember when people on here were bitching about how much stock leman russ were shit now because muh d6 damage!
People on this board are shit at 40k.

Looks cool. Brutes converted into nobz?

To be fair they're a bit overpriced now. 240+ seems crazy to me when they used to be a flat 150

They're shit until you bring a lot of them. Like Basilisks.

Remember when 8th dropped and everyone was so quick to shit on the LRBT, saying how shit it was?

how do we get GW to start making interesting rules again?

7th edition took things too far. But, at least all of the armies felt extremely distinct from each other. I'm starting to think 8th edition is an overcorrection in the other way: things look super boring and samey so far.

Does GW listen to constructive criticism? Where do you submit it?

Alright. Going to be grabbing some stuff for 8th. Do I start a small force of primaris my dudes and wait for the slaanesh stuff, or do I get chaos manlets? My idea for the primaris was to make them be my warband pre-fall to chaos, but is it better to buy an army I have a secondary interest in while I wait for the faction I actually want to play, or buy the faction I want but rebuy all the new stuff whenever it comes out.

Stock Leman Russ ARE shit and the battle cannons are D3 damage, not D6.

Guard are top tier because of conscripts, artillery, and plasma scions. Not Russes.

to be fair its the hq varients that are good the standard one hits on 4s unless it moves

to be fair, we've only gotten space marines and spikey space marines. Perhaps wait till the mechanicus codex drops to get a better picture of what not space marines looks like?

Wait to see more books and chapter approved before bitching about how lame this edition is, its just getting started.

>tank shoots
> my hellbrute almost dead
K