EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Reborn" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What characters need new Legendary cards?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/671162#paper
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm making a Grafwidow Spider EDH, what are some nice combo cards with it other than just more spider cards/token generators?

Ass-salt Formation

>Thread question
Everyone from homelands and mirage

Also best art kess

Sanguine bond + exquitise blood
:^)

>What characters need new Legendary cards?
Godo

the new god of kamigawa and the new fairy queen of shadowmoore

Tawnos would be neat to see

Anything more budget?

Gix. They could never possibly do him justice though, dude could fuck up oldwalkers like it was a hobby

Contamination + awakening zone
You like black mana
I like black mana
Everyone only has black mana

Purraj of Urborg got screwed. IIRC She survived the Invasion so we could get a contemporary card for her.

If not her then Shauku. Really excited to see if either are in Dominaria when it comes out.

Gix, antithesis to life
5BB
>you may sacrifice a creature or land to pay for (1)
whenever a player taps a land they take 1 damage
>opponents cannot activate planeswalker abilities
>(B)sacrifice a creature or artifact: each opponent sacrifices a planeswalker, if they cannot they must sacrifice a land or lose 1 life

How much ramp is too much? Fifteen?

so my lgs decided to stop all commander nights and wants to focus solely in standard because that makes them the most money. Now I can't play commander at the shop and commander with my friends gets boring because only one other friend actually likes building new decks and everyone else just plays the same thing every time and it gets boring. What should I do? I don't want to pay for magic online and most commander nights are during the week at the other stores near me and I work early in the morning so I usually can't participate in those.

>thread question
i would like to see an updated version of those elder dragons , I mean why is only Nicol bolas still relevant? I know he's basically the main antagonist of magic now but the other elder dragons seemed bad ass

They died

This will never happen, but seeing the Time Spiral and Future Sight set legends come back in some way would be fucking sweet. At least the ones that aren't dead like Venser.

Gix

Any black creatures recommendations? I used to play mono-green

That's not terrible.

Baron Sengir

Both on the reserved list so it will never happen

herald of leshrac, entomb him then raise dead on turn 2. It will be funny.

a temporary setback, did the khans dragons become elders?

Actually it would be cool if they used the Elder Dragon Wars as a theme in Commander one year. One deck for each dragon, with updated designs and cards for each of them.

Uh, I'm not sure that limits them from making NEW cards based on the characters. The reserved list doesn't care about flavor, just the exact card.

For three turns and then you sac him to lose all the benefits.

No, their souls died. They already tried to reincarnate themselves and they fucked up dominaria. Here is the final act of that arc in card form.

try zuran orb

their creature type was elder dragon but I don't think that meant "elder " dragon like bolas. I think it just meant that they were old.
that would be pretty sick. probably won't happen but it would be a cool way to touch up on some old lore that wasn't fleshed out too much

In theory you are correct, in reality they would be able to print slightly different versions of all cards on the reserved list if they had a precedence, Island of Volcanoes anyone?

I don't think you are understanding that user correctly. they've used the same character for different creature cards before. look at one of the new cat legendaries, she had I think 2 other creature cards that were different. he's saying use those characters but different effects not use the effects and change the name.

Exactly.

Standard is that money maker senpai.

Try and get a sign up sheet going

No i understand completely but if wizards print a re-imagining of a card I speculated in because I was assured it would never be printed again you would hear my reeeeeeeee from the moon

user, I've got some bad news for you.

Is there any way to build Yidris that ISNT a degenerate storm deck? play storm in modern and it has to be way worse and more shitty to play against. suggestions?

The Patriarch. A mono-black Spirit forme designed around either giving you ritual mana whenever opponents' creatures die or putting the -X/-X treatment at the cost of discard would be sweet.

Infect. He comes built with trample and can use extra combat steps to cascade combat buffs onto himself and kill multiple people in one turn. I have a friend who used to stomp with his build before people started running more one drops at the shop.

not that bad of an idea considering dominaria is the next summer set

Post your spicy tech for the current spike of tribal shitters

>Thread Question: What characters need new Legendary cards?
krark plz. one thumb is not enough.

Michiko Konda and That Which Was Taken meld into Sisters of Flesh and Spirit

Alright interesting, thanks dude. any chance u have hos list or if his list is online? I get the gist but a visual is nice

ah thats the name
need a card

mtggoldfish.com/deck/671162#paper

>thread question
Ob Nixilis and hopefully all of the Praetors

I really want Elesh Norn to have taken apart and merged together the other Praetors into new forms.

I still don't think you are understanding it. He's not talking about what the card does. he's just talking about the character. do you ree every time we get a new nicol bolas card ?

Do you think Atraxa will have a story role when Phyrexia returns? I'm hoping we get Phyrexian Civil War between Norn and Urabrask and he goes full stalker in the mists on her ass

Didn't Urabrask get blown out? I really hope he didn't die

Probably minor, but yes. And I think it would be interesting to have a remnant of Urabrask escape and join the Mirran resistance. That was a pretty large element of the Phyrexian forces in the Weatherlight saga, with Crovax and Ertai and Tsabo all scheming against each other, it comes as naturally to Phyrexians as being horrific mixtures of technology and biology.

Norn was confirmed to have won, and it's implied that she fucked up Urabrask and Sheoldred in the process, but not that they died.

She also sent glissa out to hunt down vorinclex

>thread question
Fuckin' Jodah. If he isn't in Dominaria he'll be in C18.

Fucked to death by norn
T-t-this is how I want to die

That sounds awful. Norn is the worst waifu

Has it ever been explained why Phyrexians don't/haven't/can't develop sexual reproduction? Seems a lot easier.

If I recall, he's currently in hiding

How is that easier than mass producing newts?

Holy shit I forgot about Jodah. This is the best answer so far.

What color(s) would he be? I'm betting UW

not explained, but the most likely reason is that it's easier on the growing/production side to reduce how many complex systems a creature has so they can be shat out faster and in more number

>Thread question
Elesh Norn, probably the other Praetors. I just want to go back to New Phyrexia, though.

I only have a Gisa & Geralf zombies deck, should I make new decks? I want to play something new, but every time I try something, I don't enjoy it.

Your spawn comes with a ready-made way to increase their numbers that requires little maintenance and can be easily mobilized.

I'd fuck with this. A full set of enemy pairs:

>Sheroldreclex
4BG
Trample, deathtouch
When ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, you may choose target creature in that players graveyard and put it on the battlefield tapped under your control.
9/4

>Sherold Norn
5WWB
Vigilance

Creatures you control gain vigilance and creatures your opponents control cannot gain vigilance if you control a creature with vigilance. The same is true for flying, hexproof, haste, deathtouch, trample, first strike, double strike, myriad, lifelink, and indestructible.

4/9

Vorin Gitaxias
9UG
Flash, trample

Once per turn, you may tap three lands target player controls to add 3 mana of any one colour to your mana pool.

Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, gain one life.

10/7

what have you tried and not liked?
what is your gissa and geralf deck like?
what is your play group like?
do you care about winning or doing cool things?

>Zada player drops a 25 Storm count Empty the Warrens
>Gather Specimens his ass

It's been too long since I read the Ice Age stuff. But yeah, UW sounds about right. The stuff with the mirror - which is at the core of his person - is very blue, and his external actions seem to align with UW.

>not collecting reserved list foils

I've tried all the Grixis deck Commanders, and Queen Marchesa.

It's a combo deck, but it's not up to date with Amonkhet, let alone Hour of Devastation.

Thing is, I'm going to college so I have no clue what they're like. I really don't play into my playgroups, though.

I like doing cool things primarily, but I also want to be able to win sometimes.

we need a better version of jund bug princess wizard. drawing a card isnt worth running her. hell a flip card for changing outfits for modes would be neat.

Has it been explained that any size of penis shaped object can penetrate my anus? I see no issue

I'd say look at all the precons from the past few years and see if any sound cool to you. they're only 35-40 dollars, not terrible, and can be easily upgraded. if you like it upgrade it, if you dislike it you're not out too much and they usually have some cards that will be good in other decks.
Also what do you mean by all the grixis commanders? there's a decent amount of them and they all play differently.

Would play in my mimeoplasm deck/10

>Grixis
>combo
But have you tried the best grixis commander?

I mean Kess, Mairsil, and Inalla. I'll have to check that out though, thanks.

I played Kydele and Vial Smasher wheels, but it was very combo-centric and fun. But it was only fun for me and I won every game. Easily put $800 in that deck.

How do you guys feel about the Kamigawa flip cards that are only legendary on the flipped side?

Not a lot of good ones. Not legal commanders. Kind of got the short end of the stick.

I like this guy a lot.

How do you feel when the sweaty balding guy grabs a card of yours to read what it does?

its in a sleeve for a reason

That's actually what I meant to say. Is there any good reason not to allow them as commanders, other than "they're only legendary on one side?" I'm personally thinking of Budoka Gardener // Dokai, Weaver of Life, and Nezumi Graverobber // Nighteyes the Desecrator.

I mean, that's the only reason. If you consider it good or not depends on the playgroup, but in the command zone, the thing is a nonlegendary creature.

Just how it is. Discuss it with your playgroup. People allow unofficial commanders sometimes.

It kinda turns me on, I wish he would touch me like that, read my language, finger my sleeve

Sexual reproduction is a huge factor in an organisms life. If they are preoccupied with reproduction, even if it's only for a period, they aren't doing their master's bidding.

Quick, give me your spiciest mairsil tech

Yes.

If you play at an LGS or something where you may end up playing against randoms, make sure to have a replacement commander in the deck in case someone REEEs and objects to you playing it.

This thing is pretty fun.

Yidris IS in two colors with a lot of wheels.
I thought of, and gave up on, a Yidris build that was: tons of wheel/windfall effects, self graveyard recycling, a splash of stuff like Tormods Crypt and some reanimation.

*blocks your path*

Genju of the Realm (as a creature)
Oleg il-Dal, the Weaver King
Lord Windgrace
Crovax
Ixidor
Serra
Baron Sengir

>Started with a humble edh deck worth no more than $50 altogether with jank rares and cheap lands
>Now own a $700+ deck with fetches and jace that I carry around to play with friends

what has this game done to me?

>want to get into Yugioh
>none of the archetypes appeal to me

And back to Magic I guess

Nigga I don't mean to defend yugioh here but you're telling me out of the billion archetypes in that game you couldn't find one that you liked?

>want to get into Yugioh

That was your first mistake. At least if you spend $100 on a Magic card, you stand a good chance of being able to sell it for a similar price later on. Sink $100 on a Yugioh card and you'll see it in a $20 tin in a couple months.

This

I hear she is friendly with Jin Gitaxias. You can have a 3way

From time I started playing
>Gix and Radiant

From time I dropped off for the first time
>Cabal Patriarch

From time I picked it up again and dropped out
>Everyone from Kamigawa
>Feather

Fork --> Reverberate, Twincast
Donate --> Harmless Offering

Wizards can do whatever the fuck they want.

>Thread Question
Feather needs a card. Please.

Which character has the most Legendary Creature cards printed for them?

The most cards per character i can come up with is 2

Mirri technically has 3.