Links LITERALLY saved the game

Links LITERALLY saved the game

>konami trying damage control on Veeky Forums of all places
lel ok

Links are dumb as fuck, what needs to be implemented is a standard set rotation block, set things back to firefist/ mermail or BA/ Shaddoll/ Qli format power levels and you just rotate and reprint staples every other set like they already do

The game will get a lot weaker once the new list hopefully kills Zoodiac, True Draco and possibly Dinosaurs. The real problem is that new sets don't have anything that can become a meta deck, so the new meta will consist of older decks. The closest thing to a meta archetype is Magibullet and they'll only be meta if there isn't anything better.

Friendly reminder XYZ monsters were also pretty weak at launch, the only thing links did was ban quasar and zoo which the ban list could have done itself.

Give it two years and they'll be just as quick as the old game, espically when their version of Evilswarm/Shaddolls comes out that locks up all the non link decks

Links would ruin most of right now & even before GX depending on archetype updates. Main decks would laugh as they remain just as strong

What's the most humiliating alternate wincon to lose of in the game?

OG Exodia

Victory dragon, because immediately afterwards someone will remind you that you could have just conceded the round instead of losing the whole game.

Final countdown. Most matches dont last 20 turns let alone 1 game

I love using that card against AI.

Destiny board. If you can't remove 1 spell/trap over the course of 8 turns you're basically trash.

... A good chunk of decks don't really extra deck summon at that much, or use the extra deck monsters they summon to extra deck summon.

What?

Konami has been pushing decks that aren't really impacted by the extra deck changes, so the changes themselves aren't going to change the meta game.

Decks like Monarchs wouldn't care, Zoodiac doesn't really care, and so on.

If the best decks aren't screwed by a set of rules, the format isn't going to change because of them.

Yugioh is cancer

The best kind of cancer.

Just get a close group of friends and play casually. We've made OK decks, as well as I have the original starter decks and we love getting in character, trying our hand at Joey's voice or making up new ones as we ham around.

Also am I hipster trash because I've played skull servants for 8 years now before all this newfangled grass is greener shit?

Yes but it's cancer borne of cute waifus. Even new ones.

Decks ised Links snd xyz from the very beginning. Theres not really dedicated Link decks like there were for Xyz on release (Offering Gadgets), but both kinds of cards were played on release of the starter deck in some capacity. Cant say the same for pendulums. People tried to do some pendulum decks on release but none of them were relevant and you can't realy splash most pendulums like you can extra deck monsters.

>Theres not really dedicated Link decks like there were for Xyz on release
World Chalice is pretty much exclusively linkspam.

I was referring solely to good decks. I kinda assumed that was self explanatory but maybe not. Most decks play a couple Links but arent really based on then.