Martials vs Caster Debates

Lawful Good Arguments

Gotta love those silly Komandoes

>2015
>old

You know, I really miss these threads.

This needs to be preserved eternally

hehehehe

It's all fun and games until he steals a Baneblade.

Then it's Really fun.

>Baneblade
>Is actually a tank
Why is 40k so silly? I like that

Libertarian DEldar

A Funny Advert

I like this one, though these days the mods do seem to judge off topic discussion a bit more harshly.... not as bad as NaziMod days, but still.

Some weird dungeon metaphysics.

Types of fantasy.

Divine, truly divine.

I like this... though low fantasy *should* have everyone covered in mud for no discernible reason.

for the Shadowrun fa/tg/uys

this one made me chuckle

This one has...

....two parts.

Heavy vs Goblins

Maps

Fuck, do you have e-chess? That thing was amazing.

plottwist; Magic was the drug problem

Cute

My initial thought was that this was arguing in favor of 4E, but the 4E mummy has very few combat options and is mostly just a tanky brute that swings a mace around. But from what I've seen and heard, that's every monster in the two first MMs.

i mean that was kind of the point of 4e. it was suppose to make things more simple to set up. Sure they could have doubled the 4e abilities by just making them like certain spells, but that goes against the whole point. I mean its just listing the descriptions of the spells for the other two. It reminds me of trying to get that 5 page min for an essay or something.

Mummy Lord: Super duper strongest undead mummy that curses people. All 3 hit those for the stats at least.

This statblock comes from the first monster manual so it's pretty bad compared to what we find in the third one

That said, you can see in the name mine that this statblock is for a Mummy that was a human cleric in its lifetime
If you want to expend its abilities, just open the Cleric spell list and pick some of them
If you instead wanted it to be some other class, you can change its weapon and/or check another spell list
Then, you add other monsters with it, you can't have a controller, even an elite one, fight alone
Lastly, don't forget to make the battlefield interesting, with traps and obstacles

Honestly, to me, this one feels more like a MOSTLY opinion neutral comparison that just lays out the rules. In a vacuum, on this very board, I've seen people think this was an argument for 4e, because it's the most compact and easy to use, I've seen people think it was an argument for 3e because it has the most, and most threatening, options for such an dangerous and iconic monster, and I've also seen people think it was an argument for 5e because it's a happy medium between the three. I think people see what they want to see in that pair of pics based on what edition they already prefer.

>I think people see what they want to see in that pair of pics based on what edition they already prefer.
Which is ironic, in the sense that that comparison could be great for helping a GM understand what each system is like to run, and decide which of them fits their style of GMing.

>2015
>Reddit and Memey
checks out

>Which is ironic, in the sense that that comparison could be great for helping a GM understand what each system is like to run, and decide which of them fits their style of GMing.
>ironic
I think you mistook "Ironic" for "literal the point"

literally the point

damn typos

We apparently memed some guy into naming his legit game E-Treefort too.

That is the point.

The irony is people missing that point and making it into an argument.

That being under the modern definition of irony, meaning "anything that sucks in a way that turns your own efforts or ideas back on you" rather than the technically correct definition meaning "the use of words expressing something counter to their literal intention."

I miss when 40k wasn't so mindnumbingly unfun. The first edition or two were better days.

Don't worry kid, one day you'll get over hating something because it's popular.

IT'S LIKE RAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I started out Chaotic neutral though

That's not an old meme, though.

I haven't seen this version.

Not to worry, the PC stat blocks have 4e covered!

this one isn't that old, but it's still funny

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Where the fuck do I sign up for mech fantasy?

I hate that magical realm shifted from bitching about forced lewd shit to forcing discussions on lewd shit, but the comic is still great.

Still probably one of my favorite images of all time.

God I fucking love this in a Shadowrun context.

>You do not need these dice. You have my word. I will kill these goblins.

Fucking pure gold.

Didn't that guy move on to be an autistic pillar of the MLP community, or was that the cynder guy?

Second-Option Bias even affects D&D.

You should watch Aura Battler Dunbine.

Tomino is a fucking madman.

He should also watch Panzer World Galiant.

The fastfood fries one is way better

PWG doesn't have the natural transition into Garzey's Wing, easily one of the greatest viewing experiences in the history of Anime.

Mate, I said he should ALSO watch it. Not "disregard Dunbine" or "PWG is better than Dunbine".
Not everything on Veeky Forums is about my taste >> your taste.

Same guy.

WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THIS
AN OLD MEME THREAD WITHOUT ANGRYMARINES?
I THINK THE FUCK NOT, SHITSUCKER

FUCK OFF KNOBGOBBLER YOU WERE AMUSING AT BEST
ALSO YOUR CODEX WAS FUCKING SHITEATING ORK JIZZ
FUCKING SAGE

What artist did the Mech Fantasy here?

I miss him bros.

What kind of WH40k unit is this?

It's ok anons. I'm downloading both.

Slaanesh is always a good bet

I just wanted to make a joke about Garzey's Wing and you got all defensive on me.

Defiler, obviously.

I'm not sure, but it's from Panzer World Galient. Specifically that version of the Galient is from the OVA.

Yoshiyuki Takani is that dude's name. Here's the full art.

Back to /qst/ with you, faggot
to be honest I miss quests, but only 1 out of 100 were even readable

I think a large part of why they turned to shit was because people no longer Drew (ayyyy) for them. Which meant loooooong walls of text, stealing art from various sources with no coherence between styles and that didn't represent the scene happening at all, and plots that got way too fucking convoluted.

It's more just that they became "popular" and people without talent started trying their hand at them. Then some of the talentless hacks managed to keep an audience, and that crippled the reputation of the good ones.

Some more from him in Galient

This one ain't that old but it still amuses me.

Gattai-da.

G'old Fucklaw. How is the angry marines?

This still holds true

Heavy is surprisingly literal for a Literature major.

I think that's fine since you would get those abilities over the course of 30 levels and not learn it all up front whereas with a Mummy Lord you have to know everything up from as the DM.

But i'm a lurkfag I dunno.