Your Dudes- with a twist

How have your tabletop victories and defeats shaped your dudes' personal canon? How has your own life shaped your dudes' personal canon?

Bump for potential, I like seeing people's lore as long as it isn't cringy.

>Shadow War: Armageddon league
>Grey Knights vs. Ordo Xenos
>mission where you raid other guy's HQ

I chalked it up as a cafeteria food fight gone horribly wrong at the Inquisition's Armageddon facility.

Elaborate, you vile fiend.

When I started playing Warhams 40Spess, I had 11 Marines to my name. I named each one of them. Now I have 11 Dreadnoughts, and each one is named after one of my original Marines.

I have also taken to giving certain models promotions when they perform well in battle. A stripe on a kneepad to represent corporalship. An upgraded weapon for a sergeant. An Iron Halo for a captain. Promotion from Tactical to Sternguard. Just little things to give character to my soldiers.

I haven't played in a while, but my original homebrew A Lost Legion, but I haven't used them in a while and have gotten bored with the concept, so I think I'll renovate their fluff at some point. fought my friend's necrons. Terminators Mannon and Xavier have laurels on their storm bolters because they held a ruin alone against a necron onslaught. For three turns Mannon and Xavier stood alone against 14 Necron Warriors and a Monolith, and somehow not one 1 was rolled before the game's end.
The other 3 in their squad were not so lucky.
I'd like to get back in to the gameplay with 8e and do narrative campaigns for my other homebrews at some point but for now I'll just keep painting models.

In SW:A, missions are random, but possess some really big lore implications, such as fighting in your home base. In league play, your opponent is random. I simply got matched up for an Ordo vs. Ordo game.

It hasn't I play to win not to wright fan fiction.

You are a sad fuck you know that?

Yeah well your brand of fun is valid

I havent, but Ive got a buddy whos interested ind doing some frostgrave shit with me. I'd love it if we slowly built a setting based around the warbands and their wizards...

Back in high school I had a space marine who survived four rounds of combat vs a terminater lord + his retinue after the lord slaughtered his ten man squad. The marine fell, but I said he was injured and brought back to the monastery for healing.
Converted him and made him a sergeant, and had him lead a kill team against a friend's tau goon squads to kill his ethereal alongside my brother's eldar rangers. End of the game came and my brother berayed me. Same guy shot down the remaining eldar and survived a couple turns against a crisis battlesuit before dispatching it with a bolt pistol.

The model is still a sergeant, but I am wondering whether or not I should make him a captain during Konor.

During the first mission of Konor, my Farseer was about to die, so I sent her to kill the enemy Emperors Children sorcerer. She died with him alsmot dying with one wound left.

To keep the cannon, my friend and I played another mission, and I sent her brother to get her back. Because I won the game, she was rescued, but the sorceror once MORE survived. So now he is basically the twins arch enemy.

(The idea was that the sorcerer wanted to sacrifice her instead of just killing her, for the sake of making a ritual to help the Chaos forces on Konor).

When a Terminator Sorcerer died to random Perils I fluffed it that my warlord's chief apprentice melted his own bones and made the next model I painted a Helbrute just for him.

Sadly, my dudes are all background fluff at the moment. It's a significant amount of fluff, but I just can't afford to buy any models at the moment, so they remain in the aether.

Me and my housemate started getting into 40k at the same time, me with Tau and him with Orks. So we built our armies as enemies. I went with Tash'var as my sept, because they've got a big history of warring with Orks on their home worlds, and the sept colour suited my colour scheme perfectly. He's going to make some of his vehicles out of looted Tau tanks.

As I play renegade/csm, I only add trophies when I win against some other guy's army.

My brother plays nids. He made objective markers that were all Rippers getting into shenanigans. The best one was a Ripper popping out from a Guardsman's neck-hole and with an empty Guard helmet on its head.There was also an Ork wielding a Ripper to try and fight off two others while a third snuck up from behind, and one was a Marine with a grenade in hand, surrounded by the little fuckers.

Alas, he lives a long way away now so we don't get to play much any more.

OK, I typed this down and it's too long for a single post, so story time about my faggot feels for little plastic men with chainsaws.

1/2
>running a list as fluffy as I possibly can
>old Wolf Lord leading a few packs of the residues of his Company, supported by a few others supplied by Blackmane's
>Grimnar decides that only two packs left are not enough to warrant the reinforcement of the company and decrees that it should be reformed under new rule when the Lord dies. This also stems from a history of arrogance and defiance from the Lord
>Lord is understandably mad as fuck about this, but still rolls with it begrudgingly
>the Fenris Crisis comes to pass, and by the time it is over the Lord died and the army list suffered a few changes (due to the change in editions. I want an effective army, but still keeping fluff going)
>my Wolves are being supported by Primaris marines from the Talons of Terra chapter, a Raven Guard successor, which the old guard still present in the list absolutely abhors
>they see them as an attempt to substitute them as well as their deceased lord, so far no clue as to how he died but for a hint that it was during the Fenris Crisis
>last weekend play a game with a friend of mine, he's starting to get into 40k and my brother lent him his Death Guard
>Long Fangs from the old company lash the fuck out as the veterans they are, destroy two predators in two turns, the one unit of Grey Hunters from the old company flanks while the old Lord sticks with the heavy weapons for dat sweet 1 re-rolling
>Death Guard almost tabled by turn 4, but a Plaguecaster and the Lord of Contagion are still alive and kicking

cont.

2/2
>decide to go fluffy in this too
>old company Grey Hunters disembark, disembowel a unit of poxwalkers and rush towards the lone Plaguecaster to get the kill.
>Lord of Contagion starts closing in on my Lord and he looks like the mean motherfucker who could finally take the Lord down.
>say fuck it, don't shoot at the pus-ridden bag of shit and engage him in a duel with my Lord
>FFW a couple of turns
>the Plaguecaster was killed by a salvo from the heavy Hellblasters hidden in a set of ruins.
>the Grey Hunters were killed in a desperate last stand, halved in strength by plasma fire and Blight Launchers and then charged by a full-strength unit of Plague Marines that they thought they could avoid by charging the witch
>The duel between the two Lords goes on well beyond the end of the game and the Wolf Lord ends up succumbing to the disease-infested weapons of the Plague Lord, still managing to put some wounds on him.
>the plague marines unit was destroyed by the Hellblasters and Long Fangs the turn after killing my Hunters.

It was decided that this was the canonical death of the old Greyheart Great Company: guided by hubris as they always were, defeating a powerful enemy but losing their lives in the process, just in the name of going out with a bang. Even if it felt more like a final whimper.

I have my own elite group of Alpha legion infiltrators that I call task force Lambda, ten dudes who I have used as everything from Phoenix Guards, to Justaerin, to Raptors. I have the bases of each of my models for each squad numbered 1-10 representing each squad member, given an Alpha-Numeric designation. I increase their number by 1 each time one of them dies to represent the squad member getting replaced. Currently the squad is made up of
Alpha-2
Beta-14
Gamma-11
Delta-4
Epsilon-10
Zeta-12
Eta-9
Theta-6
Iota-3
Kappa-7

Alpha-2 has lived the longest of any squad member thus far surviving 10 battles so far and gaining quite an impressive list of kills. I have been thinking of promoting Alpha-2 to a company champion and including parts from the various units he has masqueraded as a member of (primarily raptors, palatine blades, and reavers) as bits of his kit.

Beta seems to be a bit of a cursed callsign there.

My brother's old inquisition warband had a penitent made from some third party mini that had three arms and a very distinctive claw necklace. When I converted up and painted a Broodlord (now a Patriarch) I found a very similar claw bit and made a tail decoration out of it. I liked the idea that she was a Genestealer Cultist and the Broodlord was her child that escaped and grew to a Broodlord.

That Patriarch ended up slaughtering Coteaz and his warband years later, and the warband included the original inquisitor from the penitent's band. I now adorn my Patriarch and his kitbashed stealer brood with primitive "jewelry" made from noteworthy kills.

I also like to "blood" my chaos champions, sending them into their first battles unpainted and then painting them and giving them trophies based on the first thing they slay or the boon they receive.

I save room on each of my GK Terminators little heraldic shields for drawing epic stuff during games on them.

For example, one guy got a rose as a sign of the emperors mercy when he cut down an entire squad of "corrupted" guardsmen.

Another guy got a necron spider on his shoulder. His entire squad was destroyed by a necron overlord, trazyn, oberon (?) and their lychguard bodyguard, who then ignored the lone terminator in search of more dangerous targets. Oh, how they would regret that. The Terminator with his trusty Daemonhammer went on to slay a Ghost ark, as well as two canoptek spiders before getting mowed down by an entire 10 man unit of Necron Warriors.

Another dude was a Justicar (probaby gonna give him a sword through a chaos terminator head) in an extremely close game I played against a chaos player. I was far ahead on points, but the only models remaining were my Librarian, this Justicar, some random purgator with the objective marker and a Dreadnought, and on his side, a 1 hp Landraider and his chaos lord of tzeentch hiding inside of it. My Librarian cracked open the landraider with his hammer, only to be countercharged and slain by the cowardly chaos lord before he could react. The Dreadnought and my justicar, rightly enraged by this egregious act, charged in to avenge their fallen leader. The chaos lord, with the favor of tzeentch smiling on his 3+ invulnerable save, managed to destroy the dreadnought with a couple lucky hits with his krak grenades. As the lord (and his player) began laughing triumphantly, thinking at least his moral victory to be assured, the Justicar swung his mighty weapon, buffed with force as to instantkill this diabolical foe, and crushed the unsuspecting chaos lords skull with the fury of a thousand suns. I can only imagine the expression on the lords face when he realized that his patron tzeentch had left his fate to the grey knights holy blade.

Also, my Tyranid trygon had been dubbed Larry the Lobster (pic related)

>Larry eats Fists instead of Smurfs

Old One Eye would be disappointed.

The yellow makes for a better contrast with the dark color of the carapace and the sand that will be on the base, but I use different chapters for my marine kills. My Broodlord, for example, has the skull of a howling griffons beakie. I'd like to use a smurf at some point, but I still need to buy a new blue paint first