Who created Fire endowments?

Who created Fire endowments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Game of thrones?

As for who created fire endowments, do you mean the concept or who did it first in a game? Cause the concept goes all the way back to the Old testament and God sending a Cherubim with a flaming sword to block the way to the Tree of Life.

>Game of Thrones
Obviously the priesthood of R'hollor

>RPGs
D&D I think?

>In general
Some fuck 10 000 years ago

>>Some fuck 10 000 years ago
What was he thinking?
How did he enchant his sword?

That bugged me. I always figured it was an offering of blood that summoned the fire, aside from the parlor tricks like he used in tournaments where he basically melted his fuckin sword.

I'm glad they could put the money into making the fire and dragons look pretty but not into making the armor design and fight choreography look better than raw shit. I guess one appeals more to the brainlets that watch this show.

>armor design and fight choreography
Expound upon your complaints with these, without using the webm of some guy fighting invisible wights.

>without using the webm of some guy fighting invisible wights.

Don't you diss that guy. He was a fucking hero. Whole party would have been slaughtered by invisible undead if it hadn't been for that one guy with ghost sight.

Wat?

It's not hard to do fire user.

>Expound upon your complaints with these
Remember when people used to wear armor in this show? LIke, when Jorah killed a guy because he was wearing plate armor, and the dothraki guy wasn't? I miss that.

>show desperately tries to claim it's "realistic" and "gritty"
>dual wielding retard flailing
>garbage brown shit looking armor and clothing because nobody had the time to spend a few minutes researching what armor of a given vaguely medieval period actually should look like
>brainlets fall for it
>proceed to flood any discussion about medieval europe, pre-modern combat, realistic low fantasy, et cetera with their shit

>showfags will defend this

>dual wielding retard flailing
So, your issue is "dual weilding is retarded", rather than "The Lord of the Morning was so good that he could fight off four people?"

>garbage brown shit looking armor
Ex-fucking-pound. you're using a bunch of words and still managing to say nothing.

What the fuck is this shit? No seriously, what the fuck?

A fight.

I mean yeah some of the armor espescially once they've started making battles bigger got pretty bad, but I seem to remember the early show armor being pretty decent since they weren't making sets for bunches of extras.

He's right, Dayne's sword twirling looks absolutely fucking retarded

Do tell me how you would fight four people looking to kill you while keeping it entertaining for outside viewers.

>The Lord of the Morning
Sword of the Morning. The great sword they didn't have him molest everyone with is named Dawn.

Winter Soldier had a guy fighting an entire elevator, and it didn't look fucking ridiculous.

well, if we're really going with old testament god, he said fuck it, and it happened. same goes for most other stories that can be argued as "first flame weapon": a god thought it would be cool, so they made it happen. because we tend to shape our gods in our image, this can probably all traced back to mankind's obsession with setting shit on fie

Do you really need an explanation for why thoughtlessly slapping splotches of brown, black and grey with some metal bits on someone to make it look "dark" and "realistic" looks bad? I'll grant it's an effective way to not have to put any time and effort into it while also appeasing plebians who make a connection between "IT LOOKS LIKE UNAPPEALING SO IT'S REALISTIC", but anyone with the most entry level five minutes of googling knowledge of arms and armour should see it as shit.

Thanks, user. I've been drinking.

>I have a burning stick in one hand and a sharp metal stick in the other
>shit, what if they were combined into a burning sharp metal stick
>that would be fucking GOAT
>and with it I shall slay goatfuckers

So, Arthur Dayne is basically Satan, right?

I remember there being a mythic Briton king with a sword that would alight if the holder's cause was just but would engulf the holder in flames if it wasn't. He was very willing to lend it out but after hearing the description no one took it for some reason.

Unfortunately quality armor is more expensive than most productions are willing to go.

Nord people don't use armor in the show and in the book.

Where did you get that wild idea from? Even Ramsey uses armor in the books. In fact, his armor is really distinctive.

But none of them had stabbing implements.

(Though said stabbing implements wouldn't be super good against armor anyway but don't tell the showwriters that, they might burn you at the stake.)

Coloring isn't really the issue, the Lannister guard had pretty bright colors.

>said stabbing implements wouldn't be super good against armor anyway
Stabbing implements were actually very effective versus even the heaviest armor. Perhaps not as effective as the weapons that could ring your fucking head like a bell, but still, there's a reason half-swording was a thing.

yes it did

that the armor isnt realistic at all is part of fantasy's charme

>GoT is gritty and realistic, it's not like WoW!
>It's just fantasy, guys, tits and dragons, don't scrutinize it
Pick one

You'll have to forgive me, but I honestly don't see what is unrealistic about a leather cuirass over chain mail, other than the decided lack of helmets, which can be explained away by it's a goddamn tv show and you should probably see their faces.

Okay.
>It's just fantasy, guys, tits and dragons, don't scrutinize it

>STUDDED LEATHER REEEEEEEEEEE
>CHARACTERS USE LONGSWORDS BUT DON'T HALFSWORD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>ARMIES AREN'T ALL PIKEMEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

people who like medieval realism are cancer

Is that the Hound on John's right?

Yeah but they were incompetent at actually thrusting.

Ah, so, GoT isn't gritty and realistic?
In that case, why the fuck is it worth paying attention to, because it sounds pretty damn bland to me - Hero-Boy and Mary-Sue are going to marry and save the world, what's the big deal?

Yes, they're apparently just going full Avengers for the finale.

I pick:
>GoT is gritty and more realistic than WoW but ultimately it's just fantasy, guys. it used to have lots of tits, don't scrutinize it!

dude, GRRM has been sowing the seeds for more conflict. just look at aryan sansa and jon. and now potential conflict between jon and dany too...

>show desperately tries to claim it's "realistic" and "gritty"
It's not really gritty and realistic, it spent the first few seasons (and I assume books) fooling us into thinking that the wrong people had the plot armor, when it was in-fact Tyrion, Arya and John.

It would be nice if the scions of great houses could manage to afford full plate, instead of a breastplate and some pauldrons, if even that.

There are theories about how the OT god took aspects from the pre-existing tribal gods, favoring an angry god of vulcanoes.
Putting shit on fire might be an even older trick.

YHWH is actually believed to have been adapted from a pre-Judaic god of warriors and scholars, IIRC.

literally not an argument

>every ARPG ever

Why do people still believe that the Children are anything but the ultimate villains of this story?

The stories from the Dawn Age and Age of Heroes never made much sense when you actually thought about it, and the show confirming that the Others were in fact created by the Children only cements the fact. Their plan backfired, and their weapon turned on them, the Long Night wasn't a war against the Others, it was a war against the Children, and the truce wasn't an actual truce. It was the banishment of the Children away from the lands of the First Men, and a deal that split the continent into the realms south of the wall - to be ruled by the First Men - and the ones north of the wall - to be ruled by the Others - and them being allowed a token number of humans to live in their lands (wildlings) to use for breeding purposes. Only due to time, and most likely the involvement of the Children, have men forgotten this and started to violate the sovereignty of the Night's King by sending more and more patrols into the lands north of the wall.

The Children are orchestrating a Human-Others war in the hopes that it will destroy both races once and for all.

we don't even know if there are any children left alive after bloodraven's cave got sacked

The Children live on as a hivemind in the weirwoods, which is why it was such a crime to them that men cut them down, and why it's more important for them that men go extinct than that their physical bodies are left intact. A goal which requires Bran to continue his one-man crusade against the Others.

I would settle for them wearing warm winter hats. Gods forbid anyone wears a helmet! They're like fucking Space Marines. Entirely egregious in the cold weather.

Pretty much. I'd say look at persia. The Hebrews were huge persaboos. So the whole flaming deathstick could well have its origins around there.

>while keeping it entertaining for outside viewers
I would prioritize doing exactly not that.

The dragons are many things. "Looking nice" and "impressive" are not two of those things however.

Pure Autism.

>but anyone with the most entry level five minutes of googling knowledge of arms and armour should just fucking hang themselves instead of thrashing around on here, spraying everybody with their autism about something no one actually gives a fuck about.

There. Fixed it for you.

>GoT is gritty and more realistic than WoW
It isn't though. It's just a different kind of unrealistic.

>Dark sword in bottom left
>STR attuned
>implying that isn't a longsword

The Jedi battle version of that fight actually looks pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

That's because you are retarded enough to think any of the light sabet fights in the prequels were anything but trash.

How is armor gonna help against wights pulling you to the ground and ripping you apart?

They don't feel pain and hitting their vitals doesn't mean anything unless you're using obsidian.

They are trekking through a northern wasteland and they don't have surfs to carry their shit or have the time to arm them before they get ambushed by packs of undead monsters.

They actually did that part alright, you only really want to carry clothing to keep you warm and supplies to keep you alive.

Go back and read the books.

They could very well have boiled leather under and hopefully chain. Plate would probably be more hassle than it would be worth when you are going on a long trek through tundra instead of riding into battle. Even just strapping it on would be trucky with your hands encased in fur.

And this is why you aren't making lodsofemone by writing television shows.

The coat of plate is perfectly visible you blind dumbfuck.

this

Everything is bad and you are bad for liking it the thread

>tfw hate the dumbed down 90s fantasy got has become
>still thought this fight was pretty cool

>Nord people don't use armor in the show and in the book.

But they do. Constantly.

So do Iron Islanders. Victarion makes a point of wearing his full plate harness even while ONNABOAT (something Euron does in the show)

Jesus christ, what the fuck is this?

The shittiest fight in the show. Ned vs. Jaime was alright for a movie swordfight, Jon vs. STYR MAGNAR OF THENN was okay even considering they turned the Thenns from "the only Wildlings who bother with real weapons and armor" into a race of cannibalistic Minscs, since it was a really fun protagonist vs. brute villain fight.

Ned vs. Arthur Dayne was a disgrace though. They wanted to convey that Ser Arthur was the best swordsman the Seven Kingdoms had ever seen or would ever see again... and to do that they turned him into a wacky inflatable knight man.

It's fantasy

Relax

>there's a reason half-swording was a thing

And the reason is that half-swording was used to stab into the weak points of armour, not through it.

>half-swording
I'm still convinced this is some bullshit for honor convinced .Veeky Forums was a totes legit thing all the cool knights did between DEUS VULT

You were proven wrong already in much earlier threads.

Medieval era was a wild time

>when indie game have better designers

Go home Gregory, you're drunk.

nope, he still just has a sheath full o' napalm

I though he was a wind god or somethin along those lines?

Would a flaming sword actually be that useful?

I feel like, if you're in a position where you can stab or cleave someone with a sword, burning or igniting them at the same time would be unnecessary. They've already got a huge hole in their body that's rapidly leaking blood. Setting them on fire isn't going to make them any deader than they already are.

I bet flaming swords are really good at terrifying the shit out of even trained opponents.

Probably people would be more afraid of you and avoid fighting you, so you have better chances on surviving the battle

that and setting rabble on fire in big fights, because its not just on fire, but coated with caustic fuel.

>fighting off-screen wights to conserve the budget so the things you need to see would look better rather than looking at more of the same
FTFY

Which was mostly unarmed, swords need space. Also Dayne was just exremely killed, not a fucking super soldier.

Hey look, Veeky Forums is bitching about tv fight choreography again despite having no idea how to do it better and the people who did this are making more money they you'll see in your entire life. It's a fucking TV SHOW you retards, no tv show has ever had good fight choreography.

Why didn't he use that to melt a moat around their island?

Setting someone on fire would probably incapacitate someone, which is something that a lot of stab and cut wounds do not (at least not immediatly).

Surely the only thing you'd do to a trained opponent is make them think you're an idiot, for the reasons I just highlighted?

>Jesus Christ, that guy just set his own sword on fire. Does really he think that'll help him?

If they're wearing metal armour, then hitting them with a burning sword isn't going to set them ablaze. All you'll do is blunt your sword.

If they're not wearing metal armour, then you're just going to put a big fuck-off hole in their body. And in that case, your sword being on fire won't add much.

Showfags still need to be killed

I've heard Into The Badlands has some good shit, but I haven't watched it yet.

TWO SWORDS DABID

They decided to get as many fan favorites back on board as possible (Jonah, Hound, Jon). They probably wanted to get Arya, Tyrion, Dany and Jaime there as well, but couldn't find a good excuse.