Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

What's your Icon like? You're not silly enough to make them a weak envoy or solarian, are you?

Pastebin (Includes CRB): pastebin.com/6HjrnNZG
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GSR8HwaTPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've made a dex/cha Android/Operative/Icon Spy build.
Good luck beating my bluff, I'm clearly just here to perform my songs~

Which race is/or will become the kitsune of /sfg/?

Shirren clearly.

I'd say Lashunta just for their +cha and 'flaw' being they look too good, but no one has art of the things to shitpost with.

user, shirren are for waifuing, not for lewdposting!

How much information do you prefer to have in a race primer for roleplaying? At what point is it autistic wankery that's not worth reading?

Enough to know what the shits are aside from a statblock is nice.

I suppose once we get to know who the cat-people of the Vesk empire are simply because all we know about them is they annoy the hell out of the Vesk because they won't fight them back.

I don't give a shit, I'll gladly use Envoy or Solarian but that said after reading through the the Mystic again I have this idea for an Akashic Mystic who has his own podcast where he talks about random shit he learns (more so when he gets his Akashic Palace) and sends out space youtube videos of various exercises and martial arts techniques he sends to subscribers.

The possibilities of the starship creation make me hard but the rules for space combat make me concerned.

Putting aside the DC, the idea of starship combat just doesn't sit well with me. I haven't looked into the rules in-depth yet but but it's so disconnected from everything else and I'd be concerned about what happens when players lose.

They get boarded by space orcs and asked for autographs, because we're all Icons

nah, im done.
im tired of this faggot ruiningg the threads.
im not gonna post in this general anymore.
the internet is a big place and i can go to where there are no animefaggots.
peace

Post character art, preferably anime like.

>starting a Starfinder game with the group after giving it some time for rules to sink into our brains
>everyone made their characters on their own
>whole party is shirrens

I love these people.

So now that we're in space I feel there should be more stuff for Aberrants and outsiders.

I'm thinking something akin to the 3.5 Alienist but with some Bloodborne thrown into it as well. An example of the Connection ability I would give it (and yes I'd totally steal all of Bloodborne's shit for this)

youtube.com/watch?v=3GSR8HwaTPQ

It's going to be a bitch finding kasatha art. I bet lashunta are going to be pretty hard too.

>no one plays weird races because they can't find art for them

>Solarion attunes graviton

Ima just be a robot.

Kasatha all look the same. Draw some antenna on an elf or pretty person, you got a lashunta. 2 e z

>Kasatha all look the same.
That's real hecking speciest, user!

Why would we care. we don't even know who you are.

Check out my Lashunta!

There's really nothing stopping blatantly fantasy art from being used is there? Or some picture of a model in street clothes.

aaaaaa i wanna run a cyberpunk game
or a steampunk game
or a dieselpunk game
or a solarpunk game
i wanna run aaall the games

Some mexicunts are trying to co-opt our board.

You could be a

historical re-enactor!

SEE WHAT YOU FAGGOTS HAVE DONE!?!?! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!? user JUST LEFT.

shouldn't they be pregnant again by now?

Space Morrigan is fucking hot. Jesus christ my dick.

Call it lashunta armour or ceremonial plate.

How is Starfinder so much better at covering different sci-fi than Pathfinder is at fantasy even though sci-fi has such a broader range?

Because Pathfinder was built more heavily off 3.5, which does a fuckawful job of portraying actual fantasy stories and how they work.

Starfinder got away from that more, and so is at least a little better off.

My future mechanic character, hopefully.

I remember an user wanting to be a brain in a jar. I'm guessing that would mean the user's subtype would change to technological ( are androids technological subtype?) Regardless we'll have to waite for the Bestiary to get full details on subtypes though it sure would be nice if they release that along with the CRB.

I'm annoyed that there's no manner to stow weapons quickly.

Could probably just refluff a Contemplative from that First Contact book.
Sell the flight as a hover pod and you're good to go.

I want to house rule quick draw to give you stow as swift, but I'm afraid of it unbalancing things somehow since you'd be able to stow on swift, then draw as part of movement.

Good point. I wonder how you would handle the body though. Just give them the run of the augments list and let them have whatever is level appropriate? That said, I would say most forms of healing wouldn't work on them at least being 90% mechanical although I don't immediately recall iif there are any technomancer spells that can cure/fix machines.

So uh, funny thing.

There's actually zero reason for anyone to take Weapon Specialization itself as an actual feat.

Because the only prerequisite for Versatile Specialization (Which is Weapon Spec for everything you're proficient in) is to be level 3 and have Weapon Specialization, and everyone gets Weapon Specialization in SOMETHING.

Actually, thinking on it, what I'd REALLY want is the ability to draw or stow as many weapons as you have hands in the same action. Dual Wielding is bad enough, can you imagine being a Kasatha trying to use Fusillade and spending four actions drawing all your fucking guns?

You already have 4 pistols - kinetic, sonic, fire, cold should be enough to cover you.

Fusilade empties your ammunition in exchange for being the fucking coolest for the round.

I'm saying that you have to draw those pistols ONE ACTION AT A TIME

THAT TAKES OVER AN ENTIRE FUCKING ROUND

"I draw my pistols" when you enter the dungeon?

Might be like a contingency thing in case they ever release a class without it. Like how there's feats to get basic melee and small arms proficiency even though everyone has them.

Ok fags, I don't really understand much about this game but I have been led to believe that this is the source of the four breasted conehead woman.

I would appreciate your hospitaly by providing me with four breasted conehead women.

There is nothing here. The four breasted cone-headed women does come from here but you already have all the art of her and there is nothing else of relevance. I am sorry.

three tits and a head of hair. It's all I can do for you pal.

Can you potentially hack a dead mechanic's exocortex and access the external memory by cracking their head open and directly inputting to it?

I'd imagine bypassing the security for the connections between the brain and exocortex wouldn't be too difficult given how they can only be used by the owner. Well, unless you were concerned about psychic hacking.

no that would cause piazo to think outside of the box
but yes if I was a gm I would let this happen

That's not always gonna be an option man.

Any time you get ambushed or otherwise start combat unexpectedly. Or you had to/have to do something with your hands. Fuck, it takes two entire turns to put them AWAY again!

Does this game have dope ass rules for giant robotscand or power armor?

This is the only picture of her.

The power armor's not so good, at least yet.

We do not yet have giant robots.

Are they breasts or pectoral muscles?

Can we all agree that Kasathas are the most attractive race in the game? Its, I dunno, maybe being bald and having a veiny melon for a head is more attractive than having hair colors fitting for a character from my little pony.

And I mean look at her eyes. I wonder what their mouths look like? I bet these people talk like fremen asking me to tell them about the waters of my world.

Males don't have it so it's breasts.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I nutted!

So the Bombard Soldier's Heavy Fire ability was a little odd already, adding your strength to the damage of ranged attacks.

But it still works with grenades. You throw a grenade so hard it explodes harder.

Four armpits

Could you just call your space ship a giant robot?

All the scenarios that I can think up that aren't stolen from Outlaw Star are just alien/cyborg street gang wars.

It's funny, the game gives you the whole universe and the only thing I'm concerned about selling space meth and not getting on the wrong side of the Tentacle Brotherhood while in prison.

>nyfiber net does nothing by RAW
Goddammit Paizo.

FAQ fixed it.

FAQ is not errata. It in no way affects RAW.

The Weapon Spec feat is probably there just to tell everyone what happens at level 3. Otherwise in each class you'd have to redefine it with a new name.

It's complicated at first but once you realize it's essentially a whole part controlling character it's not too daunting. Feel fucking sorry for the GM, though.

System seems more for large ship on ship duels instead of group dogfights, though a single-seater starfighter has less variables to consider during it's turn.

iirc you can buy plural smaller ships with your BP, but it's a terrible idea in general.

The system works for large through huge NPC ship on NPC ship, to account for crew bonuses and the like.

Its primary point of failure is when PCs get involved.

You know, I'm not sure the human racials are actually very good at all in Starfinder.

It really irks me that there is no real reason to TWF outside of different damage types or having a reach/ranged weapon in your other hand.

What if the multi-weapon fighting feat reduced the penalty for full attacks by 1 for one-handed melee and reduces the penalty by 2 for operative weapons and small arms?

Floating +2 sure beats having a -2 in something important for your class at least.
The inability to dump stat something else to help buy out of the hole is painful, at best you get a 16/14 split.

A floating +2 doesn't matter when you can't exceed 18 anyway and pointbuy is 1:1.

If your race has a +2 to strength and -2 to int, you can just take 2 points from strength and put them in int. Boof.

Everyone has a floating +2 if you're using pointbuy.

Maybe the males are just weaker.

Not actually covered. Only "how to adjust CR" mentions multiple ships, but that's it.

There's also the problem of roles; a one-man craft apparently lacks the automation to let you properly use the ship at all; forget all the shit you can simultaneously do (and actual pilots, even non-combat ones, need to multi-task far more than this) at the touch of a button or hat-switch in Freespace, Wing Commander, TIE Fighter or even earlier settings like Falcon 4.0.

user, the issue is you have two points wasted on a tertiary you don't care about and can't dump to get points back out of, having +2/-2 in stats you care about only evens out, resulting in a net literal nothing.

What class/archetype would work well with a character that's wheelchair bound?

Humans are shit.

You can use stat arrays instead of point buy to erase bad ractial stats.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Every race, at least at this point in time, has a net positive of +2.

And because pointbuy is 1:1, that's all that matters.

It doesn't matter where those stats initially go, because you can shuffle them around as you please.

Take two points from a boosted score, add them to a penalized score, both are 10.

Take two points from your second boosted score, you've got two points to put wherever.

Ysoki Mechanic. Your drone is your wheelchair.

You can't dump stats as he was saying

Well I'll be fuckled. Dumping stats is technically an optional rule.

What a world we live in.

It doesn't work that way, user. You cannot dump a stat to get points back in Starfinder.
Racial +2 in str means you have at least 12 str.
Didn't care about str? Points wasted entirely.

The optional rule is that you can dump stats and gain nothing out of it but roleplay value by the way.

All ability scores start at 10, and then apply race and theme modifiers. At no point in this process can you take back points.

In other words, all, say, ysoki must have at least Dexterity 12 and Intelligence 12.