>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread(s)

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Skulls-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I forgot the previous thread

How's my sorceror? Decided to try watercolors.

Put some mk 3 marine legs together and glued them to the base. These mold lines are a bitch.

>he put the arms on the scions before painting.

Oooh, good luck gettin those torsos user.

I think another layer or two would help?
Right now it looks like you overthinned ur paint.

Perhaps so.

Reposting from last thread because nobody had an idea for the tabbard

Hey can anyone help me out who knows his colors?

What paint would you use for the tabbard? Also how does the rest of the color choices look to ya´ll

i know some parts are chunky i´ll probably strip this guy when i have painted the rest of the squad

Green might be neat.

working on this nigga tonight

Repeat but - How do the Elysian grav chutes look on Kasrkin? I really want Harakoni warhawks.

About to start on some assembly but I was looking for a few answers. /40kg/ is a bit too fast and they don't answer my questions

How many relics can a custom chapter have? How do you determine which ones they can use? Which ones in the SM Codex are any good?

What are some cool new paint tricks to learn?
Been working on lenses. And wanna try blue tinting your armour with thinned glazes as well as muzzle burn with the 3 washes

Custom chapters use the relics of their "Parent" chapter, so pick a chapter tactic you like, and say your chapter is from that chapter. you then ge tthat chapters relic, strategem, and chapter tactics

I knooow. But its such a pain matching them up, ill undercoat black and be happy with what I can get.

Why is he shooting the pillow? Is the pillow holding the cat hostage? Is that why the cat is crying?

Thanks for saying it in plain English. I'm thinking Iron Hand. I'd use Black Templar but I'm a Primaris only chapter and the only melee unit there are the Reivers, which I've heard don't do too hot without their carbines. Disappointing really, as I'd love to model some fresh melee weapons on them instead of those boring knives

Does the Warlord trait stack with chapter tactics? Would my Warlord get to negate wounds on a 6 twice?

Sometimes you don't need all of the answers, user

Looks like you could do some sweet blending with those paints

Starting to put the color on this bitch, guest starring johnny P in the background. What color would look good for the shoulder gem (unattached at the bottom of the base)?

I'd probably make it red. What color are the eyes going to be, though, cause I'd make it match them.

You could just do your Primaris counts as normal marine units.

I'm not sure if I want to paint the eyes at all. Not only would it add to that Artorias black hole face effect, fluff wise he's almost semi blind from his time fighting in the Warp. A red gem could work; it would resemble the weird red gems found all over Manus

Like "This model is a Primaris Reiver but I'm fielding it as a crusader/assault/whatever squad"? Is that legal/generally accepted? I'm fairly new to playing but not to painting although getting my hands and my mind to do the same thing are a different story

I know this is a stupid question but, Do you shade chaos black, I'm doing angels sanguine but I'm not sure if I'm meant to shade both sides with nuln oil/black shade.

Some people might get shitty with you about it, but they aren't the kind of people you want to be playing.

If you convert Primaris Marines to have the right gear for a Crusader Squad, no one should be shitty about you fielding them as a Crusader Squad as long as you make it clear.

Cool, that's good to know. Maybe I'll convert some Reivers into an Assault or Crusader squad, whichever is better in melee anyways

Make sure to paint black over black

Working on two Death Guard Rhinos to get my slow as fuck troops into the fray.

Would Breachers without antennas look good? I feel like it'd help differentiate them from their Strike Team pals.

They do look good, I'm going to do it for my Breachers.

Lads, need help. Any thoughts, feelings, suggestions here, I wouldn't consider myself a novice but I'm always trying to improve (or spot silly fucking mistakes)

(Skulls aren't finished, GSC badge not finished, claws and nails not finished)

The biggest suggestion I need is is what colour should the Marine helmet on the base be?
(Also the Patriarch is holding a helmet, which I guess should be the same colour) - maybe I need some help with colour theory here?

The official model has them black because he was part of the Deathwatch box but I'm open to suggestions.

I painted my patriarch holding a blood angels head, because Baal was bullshit. Just paint whichever marine chapter annoys you the most

You've got quite a dark scheme going on, so it might pay to go for something bright and colourful. Maybe a red or a yellow?

AN OP IMAGE FOR ANTS?!

Go for something that contrasts the model nicely, maybe some bright yellow, red or white scheme.
Pic related is my WIP Broodlord with a Howling Griffon head. Genestealers grabbing mangled marine bodyparts is fun, ain't it?

Question for /WIP/. Are the newer plastic Blood Bowl Orcs scaled in-line with WHFB/ 40k orks?

Abaddon's manlet resin model is terrible, so I decided to paint something else up so I could use his rules with my army. How'd I do?

Shit.

Thin your paints. Learn to highlight. Learn to shade.

The massive gap between his left arm and his body is a bit odd.

His 30k model looks good to me, better than that

My response is included on the attached picture.

rude

>rude
m-muh feelings

Not the guy who posted that model, but this is good criticism. You're a good 'un, user.

Jupp

Helpful.

>Thin your paints
Did that.

>Learn to shade
Did that

>Learn to highlight
That's next. It's not finished yet.

I wish my shitty submissions got this kind of thoughtful reply. Good on ya

Thanks, that's more useful.

I don't post much but when I can I try to spot ones that need it, I'm WFH today, so if you want to post anything I'd be happy to respond in the same way, perhaps a little clearer than using a yellow green on a cream background what a mong I am...

>>Thin your paints
>Did that.
Ha. HAHAHAHA. Lies. Even a blind user would post on how thick your paints are. Just look at the gold trim, holy shit.
>>Learn to shade
>Did that
LOOOL, yet more lies. The gold for example doesn't look shaded at all, it's just a thick globby mess that shows some of the black undercoat because you didn't thin your paints and use multpiple coats like the retard you are. If it were shaded, there would be some dark tones near the rivets or the recesses. And the lightning claw has no perceptible shading at all.

Why you gotta lie on the internet, user? It's not healthy. I did forget this is Veeky Forums WIP so it's natural that a lot of other shit painters white knight the fuck out of each other and ignore good painters because they "don't need replies" so the threads become more and more of 12-year-olds and their shit babby's first mini and others praising the fuck out of them. WIP used to be a decent mix of painters and most people had thick skin that the THIN YOUR PAINTS meme wasn't bitched about rofl.

I see stuff like this as well and think

>why did no one reply to me

Then I look at my post and it says

>I painted a space marine

If one wants feedback, criticism, suggestions *ask* for it, otherwise people might assume you don't actually want them and are just showing off your paint-job.

>Did that.
How many layers is each colour here?

>b-b-but it isn't finished yet!
Holy fuck this is the best defese you can come up with? Your model is ass, user. You asked how you did, and you were told. You didn't ask "How could I do it better?"

Grabbed the GW skull box and had an idea for my box of termies

Can you take a picture of the sprues? That skull looks awfully like it's the same Chinesium as the Sector Imperialis bases.

Its page on the webstore has every sprue featured

games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Skulls-2017

Except you can't trust those. Details on the one you posted look super soft and washed out.

I can vouch that the skulls are actually sturdy. Pic came out looking shiny, but the skulls are pretty well done for how many there are.

>Except you can't trust those.
Yes you can. I've never opened a box, old or recent and found anything different to the photographed product on GWs webstore.

Those terrible base kits from last year that were made in China looked as bad on their photos as they were in person.

Who hurt you user?

Wait, how bad are Sector Imperialis bases are?

Damn Arty...Maybe do something other than chest day at the gym

Still have a bit of cleanup to do on some of the detail bits/highlights, but I'm pretty happy with how this is coming out.

Looking pretty nice, I love the highlighting. I feel like the boots and gloves could have done with some darker shading though, they look kinda pastel as is.

interesting scheme

This post is such a mess that the only reaction image I had for it was on my desk

I washed the gold with Nuln Oil you cretin.

Thanks, I think some of that may be my potato lighting, but I'll definitely take a look and see if I can darken them up/give more definition.

Good interesting or bad interesting?

What did he mean by this?

I like it. Only parts i'm not sure about are the backpack and the silver helmet stripe.
Grey and Red is the best choice for marine schemes, pic related.

Three plus shading, except for the black which is two.

If I hadn't already worked out my scheme I'd probably steal that one, it's got good impact.

The backpack I'm flexible on, right now it's black and silver all around. Do you think it's too dark, or just too plain? The helmet stripe is just me wanting to somewhat follow the "codex" scheme, but hating GW's white paints.

It's not quite but reminds me of Optimums prime.

Nice Scheme, nice highlights all good. Don't like metal stripe on his head though.

>Three plus washing

What is the base colour for that grey?, Dark reaper?

Vallejo German Grey.
All of GW's greys are too bright for my tastes

That little highlight on the knee looks too noticeable to me, but it'll probably be good once it's actually on the table.

You deserve the hollowness that's corroded you to this point, user.

Haha, don't say that! I don't think I could play an army of Optimus Primaris marines. I'm open to different stripe suggestions, I was going to do silver helms on sergeants, but if folks think the stripe looks bad I'm hesitant.

Some of that's the paint reflecting, it's not as noticeable in person.

I tend to agree, I've had okay luck washing Mechanicus Standard with Nuln Oil. Pic for reference.

consider a grey stripe not silver, it'd go better.

>That skull looks awfully like it's the same Chinesium as the Sector Imperialis bases.
AFAIK all of the stuff the scenery team design is made in china with soft details (so the moulds last longer).

See the sector imperialis bases, the horrible defence line, the new objective markers, etc.

Ulthuan Gey maybe?

HERE COMES THE CRIMSON LIMBS!

You're a nigger lol

If the flesheads actually had that chin, I'd be more likely to use them.

>>m-muh asperger's

Finished making the camo netting, and im so happy how it turned out, regardless of the nerve wrecking process.

Holy shit user, that looks super good. Whole model does, really.

I love the blue/black you're using for the plating, it really pops against the brown.

You already had my favorite tank, now it's even better. What was your method for the netting? I have a friend who does catachans who's been trying to figure that out.

Thank you! Glad you like it.
Took a bit of gauze, spread it around so it looked more like a net, dunked it into a mix of warboss green/Stegadon scale green/water mix for some time, took out to dy. After dry, spread it out a bit more and made holes, cut to shape. Then added a bit of super glue and put it in place, watered down some PVA glue and dapped the whole area of the net with PVA/water, so it set into place. Then dry brushed it with Rhinox hide and Steel Legion Drab, and trimmed it some more. Also had to make it in 2 parts, since the gun is magnetized.

Nice- thanks, bro

Stealing that my man, howling Griffons it is!

do leman russ tanks not come with the bit that cover the tracks on top anymore?

Someone last thread said something about greenstuff tape not being good, but the thread was dead when I read it. Can anyone elaborate?

the middle of the ribbon naturally combines the yellow and blue parts of the 2-part epoxy, as a result, that tends to harden over time. Having 2 separate components should make sure it stays good for longer.

/awg/ is doing a group build for the month of September. The theme is "monster", anything you can make fit that theme is welcome.

Model must be non-GW if it's modern stuff. Oldhammer stuff is fine but anything from 2000 onwards is out. Use Mordheim as the cut off point.

Requires a WIP shot at the start and then a finished shot minimum. Models shouldn't be any more than 50% built at the start (raid your backlog for something you started but put to the side and want done).

Start date is September 1st, end date is September 30th.

wip DG boyos

I still have the lenses to do, plus basing etc.

what do you guys think?

Looks nice. Gore on the stomach of the middle guy is well done. You nailed all the fleshy bits too.

Any reason to use war paint, strong and dark tone over agrax and nuln oil?

Looks fake as fuck.

This is supposed to be some diseased demonic shit with goo, shit and blood dripping off every surface. So you make his finger dribble blood like he cut it while dicing vegetables.

You have all these exposed gorey areas and yet they're as clean as can be.