>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/reeces-freeguildgw-homepage-post-3/
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/rhuairidhs-brayherds/
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/petes-ironjawzgw-homepage-post-3/
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/blightwar-new-rules-new-models-and-moregw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST FOR THE GREAT CORRUPTOR!

It seems I was beaten to making a new thread oh well :(

Here's GHB2 info anyway guys

GHB2 Cool stuff:
>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/reeces-freeguildgw-homepage-post-3/

>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/rhuairidhs-brayherds/

>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/petes-ironjawzgw-homepage-post-3/

Blightwar!
>warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/blightwar-new-rules-new-models-and-moregw-homepage-post-2/

[autistic squeaking intensifies]

Fourth for HER.

>‘Thank you, queen of the forests. Clan Arleath shall repay the debt in whatever fashion is required. We owe our existence to you, mother of hope.’
>‘Mother of hope no more,’ Alarielle replied, her expression turning grim. ‘The avenger, the scourge, the cleansing sun I have become. None failed the Jade Kingdoms more than I, and none has more for which to atone.’
>‘I have returned, but I cannot bring hope,’ she told the treelord ancient. ‘We stand upon the brink of oblivion and have only taken a single step from the edge. My return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known. I am strife-bringer, woe-seeder. Look not to me for hope, Diraceth, for I have none.’
>‘Then why…?’
>‘Because we must fight or surrender. Victory is so far away that even I cannot see it, but it is not victory for which we strive at the moment. This is a war to survive, to push back from the precipice, to claw our lands free of the grip of darkness and corruption.’ Alarielle stepped back, her canopy-wings turning to golden streamers behind her. ‘I guarantee nothing, Leafmaster, but bloodshed, misery and death. I am clothed in the light of the sun, but I cast the shadow of the grave. Without hope, without even hope of hope, will you fight beside me?’

Pssh-pssh...nothin personell..tree-thing

Soon

All this ratposting

Where my S K E L E T A L S at?

Its Fucking annoying as hell that GW has blatantly ignored Death for so long

Skeletons are objectively the best army

yours is one of the few aos memes I'm not annoyed of. I never liked your faction but you really deserve a reboot (let's be realistic they won't come back in their old form).

Well, at least deathrattle has a new box now. In my LGS people are playing mainly skirmish now and few players decided to buy the deathrattle box

So, competitive Skaven, where do I start?

Bring back Tomb Kings.

>buy a few boxes of stormfiends
>buy a few warp lightning cannons
>buy a few (metal) weapon teams (you'll need spire of dawn for the plastic warp flamers)
>buy a few warlock engineers and an arch engineer (they're all metal :^))
>DOOMWHEELS!
>apply for a loan to pay the bills
>sperg out on Veeky Forums when stormfiends get nerfed

do you what to hear some rumours?

Sure user. Break my heart.

18 renown for an orruk great shaman - is it okay or should I rise the costs to 20 renown?

Do you think we'll be getting more stormcast soon?

Yes. Next question.

>Shurion - Warhammer-Board.de
>Eine Rückkehr von Bretonen und Khemri war das letzte mal, als ich aktiv nach AoS neuigkeiten gefragt habe, nicht geplant. Das war vor einem Jahr etwa. Mittlerweile sieht es wohl etwas anders aus. Die neue Führung sieht das etwas anders als die alte, und das Designteam hat wohl die Erlaubnis mit Konzepten für eine AoS Version von beidem rumzuspielen. Aber fest in der Schedule ist da aktuell nichts.
>Death kriegt den neuen Stil, den schon Nagash und seine Freunde haben. Da kommt definitiv mehr. Wann... dauert noch etwas.

I'm not Shurion and I don't know him. I'm just translating.

the last time he asked - a year ago - the were no plans for returning bretonnia or tomb kings.
now things have changed. under the new leadership the design team has the permission to experiment with concepts of "aos versions" for both. but there is nothing in the schedule!
also death gets a new style. the same nagash and the morghasts have. there will be more. when? it will still take some time.

I want to start a skirmish campaign with the recommended 25 points but the Wight King is 24 points.
This bothers me because SKELETONS ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Play 30 mate

Damn it user, don't toy with my feelings like this!

I'm also a death player. I would never toy with Death feelings. Aelf feelings maybe...

But even IF it is true.
It's years away I guess...

That is a good point

So starting to get into Age of Sigmar, I need to build a basic 1000 point Skaven army to play with.

I found a post on leddit that has some basic 1000 point armies, and one that seemed good to start with was the spire of dawn boxed set and a box of stormvermin.

That's 1 warlock engineer, 1 warlord, 40 (20x2) clanrats, 1 warpfire thrower team, 1 poison wind mortar team, 2 rat ogors and 20 stormvermin. Cost is $80 for the spire box + $50 for the stormvermin.

Lookin at the point cost though to just hit a 1000 point battles, this says that everything non-storm vermin is 680 points. They fill it out with 20 stormvermin at 280 points, but I noticed the Doomwheel is 140. Would I be better off snagging dual doomwheels to fill that out? Doomwheels seem pretty fuckin awesome and I love the model, would love to build and paint one so if I can get that in that'd be sweet.

Thoughts?

What about pestilens :(

You just need a verminlord, a priest, a ton of plague monks, and maybe a warp lightning cannon

Not really into the Pestilens kinda aesthetic. I'm more into the Clan Mors kinda deal and would rather just go with something more choppy than nurgly

I would say you should consider to find someone willing to share the cost of SoD with you for aelves models and buy two SoD boxes. You can also sell them on ebay or FB groups, same as spare square bases. You want as many warpfire throwers, rat ogors and clanrats as you can get. Then you can try to find some wheels and cannons cheaply. That's my casual 1000pts list and I had a lot of fun with it

Heroes
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Barbed Blade
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Packmaster (60)
- Shock-Prod
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
4 x Rat Ogors (240)

Battalions
Ripsnikk's Raiders (80)

Total: 1000/1000

Even if true, and even assuming they started right as based Roundtree took over that will, at best, still be around two years out.

Just painted them and I wanted to share.

What are you working on?

Sadly I've asked around all my friends and no one else is interested in going halfsies with me on the Spire set. While I'd love to just buy two boxes for myself plus some more packs, I'm having to keep it tight because I still need dosh to pay for paints and brushes, once I figure out what set of paints I want/need for the spire skaven

How is this for a casual 1000p list? I am going to bring it to my local Gw, and just have some fun.

Heroes
>Lord of Plagues 100p (General)
>Chaos Sorcerer Lord 140p
>Herald of Nurgle 100p

Battleline
>10 Plaguebearers 100p
>20 Gors with dual blades 160p

Other
>3 Plague Drones 220p
>5 Putrid Blightkings 180p

If I don't get AOS poxwalkers I will lose my shit

>Clanrats
>Rusty Blade
It's mean to give somebody bad advice, user.

Its such an easy inclusion like the Tzaangors it wouldn't surprise if they didn't do it lol.

I would much rather have Pestigors/Poxgors

Be prepared to loose your shit, then. Poxwalkers aren't going to be in AoS, they're far to tech-y to bring into a Rotbringer army.

Is it me or are Nighthaunt stuff pretty crazy strong?

Buy your brushes on aliexpress. I have paid 2$ for six brushes and I was using them for 3 months until I killed them. Skaven budget painting?
>Mournfang brown for wood and fur
>Bugmans glow for flesh and tails
>Zandri dust for fuckin everything
>Deathguard green for green things
>Mechanicus grey for non-green clothes
>Leadbelcher for metal parts
>Reikland and Agrax shades for shades
>Any texture paint for bases
And remember about black primer

>running spears on anything else beside 30+ blobs of rats

Yeah, these totally fit the AoS Nurgle aesthetic. Especially the lab-coat, the repurposed lasgun and the industrial gear. A perfect choice.

>running blades on anything but throwaway packs of ten rats
Disgusting.

Nighthaunt abilites and artifacts didn't leak yet, right?
Maybe, but works fine for me

tfw new to game and dont know if spears or swords is trolling

>post yfw Settra comes back supercharged from killing all 4 chaos gods and makes Nagesh his personal bitch within seconds

Look's good user!

No shit they'd have to be de-teched, but they better do it. Just give me a shitty footsoldier

Years is better than never

I prefer using blades on

Yeah next to stuff like the stormcasts and steampunk dwarves in power armor yeah they fit right in I agree.

Hello guys, my father, friends and I are wondering what we should buy, if Path to Glory or General's Book

We are enjoying Skirmish so far, and we know PtG is a continuation of the adventure, but the GB is also interesting for the standart play thing
We mostly play between us in our homes, so imo PtG would be more fitting, but I as you anyways, just for variety of opinions

If its a few buddies in beer and pretzel games, PtG all the way, if you want matched play, GHB

I would agree with Path to Glory being your next purchase, at least for the time being, considering that it pretty much is a larger scale Skirmish.

General's Handbook is very useful and adds some things to the game, but not actually necessary. Look into it after you finish a Path to Glory campaign.

No one in AoS wears coats, uses guns, or utilizes advanced environmental protective gear. Good observation, it's very encouraging to see such sharp eyed individuals among today's young adults.

Anyone saved GHB17 points for greenskinz and gitmob?

I strictly use spears on anything above 10, as I value the added range way more than a minor stat upgrade. Having an easier time of piling in and such is important, as is maximising attack volume against big shit.
And with clanrat units now being 20+ baseline I guess I'll never use blades for anything except maybe filler.

Very cute. You might have a point if we ever get zombie skydorfs (i.e. never), but for the rest it really doesn't work.

Its definetely ok.
keep the herald with the drones for mortal wounds, NEVER get charged with blightkings because they are not very durable, use the bearers and gors as meat shield and you should be fine.
Always play on defence, i usually use a human line of plaguebearers as a meat shield, so they die when charged but everything else behind(usually blightkings)piles in and counterattacks safely.

Stop right there. Pestilens is not a nurgle sub faction. It's a a skaven clan.

If I get the Deathrattle Starter Box and the Arkhan box, and choose the Legion of Death Battalion is that a viable 1000pt army?

The Start Collecting Skeleton Hordes that is

Dead-thing shall die-die again...

WHERE GHB2 LEAKS? i need muh artifacts

I know, just not really into poison and rot and such. More into like, Mors

Is 3x pic related + banshee the best way to build a 1000pts nighthaunt list?

Heroes
Cairn Wraith (60)
- General
- Trait: Red Fury
- Artefact: Tomb Blade
Tomb Banshee (80)

Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline

Units
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Total: 980/1000

I thought about killy Cairn Wraith + Hexwraiths flying through enemies for mortal wounds. Spirit hosts are splitted into small units because I'm worried about their big-ass bases

the best budget way*

What are you working on /aosg/?

Some skellies, a Wight King with Black Axe, some Ironjawz too, and I'm thinking about re-painting a bit a Giant I painted 7 yeras ago

No pics because my cam is broken right now tho

Cleaning moldlines on old orc boyz and skellies right now. Decided to clean and magnetize all models I'm gonna work on for the next month. Fuckin love working with plastic

Local GW is running a Path to Glory campaign, so I'm working on my initial warband,

>Vampire Lord
>Necromancer or Wight King with Infernal Standard, not sure which just yet
>20 Skeleton Warriors
>5 Black Knights

Made a little backstory for the army, and I'm pretty hyped to participate.

Are they going to put Elves in power armour next?

Which of the Aelven factions do you guys want a battletome and what reason do you want it?

Highborn - just merge the Swifthawk Agents, Eldrich Council and maybe another mini-faction like Phoenix Guard, give them a common keyword or some neat synergy

None
Im gay

It's a huge long shot, but I'd love to see Lion Rangers become their own army. There one of the few high elf units I really like the aesthetic of, and what little lore they have in AoS is pretty neat.

But more realistically, I'd like the Wanderers to get their own battletome. The models they were given towards the end of 8th are beautiful, and forest murder elves are always fun. It's kind of a shame though, because they really can't compete with the more recent army releases. Hell, I'd even be happy if they were reunited with Sylvaneth in a battletome, with the lore being that they're trying to prove themselves to Alarielle again.

But hey, they're getting allegiance abilities in GHB17, so maybe that'll make Wanderers a bit more competitive.

My local GW said they are running Path to Glory too when I called. You don't happen to be in Florida, are you?

Or maybe a lot of GW's are running it

>There
*They're

Goddamn, I hate myself.

It's okay user we all hate ourselves here, just remember to tie the noose properly otherwise you can survive with severe brain damage instead of empty bliss

None
Im not gay

We can only hope.

South Carolina. I don't know for sure, but based on what it sounds like, it seems like it's something a few GW managers are doing around the same time. Probably talked about it at the last manager meeting, or something.

Who's a decent melee army with kickass magic and not Stormcast?

please say Dark Elves, or Chaos Warriors

Really glad threads are speeding up again. It's been too long.

Tzeentch can do melee very well, even if its most powerful builds are ranged.

Bleh worst answer.

Tzeentch.

Tzaangors get an additional attack for every nine models. Run a 30 man unit with a Chaos Sorcerer Lord boosting them with Demonic Power (reroll attack, wound, and save rolls of 1) and they turn into a feathered rape train.

Unfortunately(?), there really isn't much in the way of a magic heavy army in AoS. Like the other user said, Tzeentch Arcanites is the closest for that.

How is a faction where almost all heroes and some of their troops are wizards not magic heavy?

I have 20 blightkings, 5 more on sprue, and 2 maggoth on sprue. Also a lord of plagues, festus, and harbinger. What am I missing for 2k?

I'll look into them thanks! Also is the Free Guild/Peoples army basically just a gunline army?

So are Gore Gruntas good now? They are cheaper, and with the Ironjaw abilities their extra damage goes off on a 7 instead of an 8! A seven is average!
I know the spear version will forever suck, but are the choppas good? Finally?!?! I love the models

building a Bretonnia-Deathrattle crossover army, sucks that there's no skellie archers though

>If you want to run a destruction warband in Skirmish campaign you have to pick an ironjawz warchanter or fuckin grot shaman
This is such a bullshit. Savage Big Boss is the only Bonesplitterz plastic hero or what? Not gonna lie, I'm mad now - I wanted to buy two BS kits and one or two heroes to have some fun in skirmish but fuck this actually. I bet there is also no chance that GW will release any update for Skirmish in the future

I find it a little interesting that the "Our Armies" series on Warhammer Community shows these guys (GW devs? Friends of GW?) with their armies, but none of them are Stormcast.

Although looking over the articles again, it could be be more simply the fact that the armies they're showing are the ones getting allegiance abilities in GHB17.

Yes. Also, if you look into tzeentch consider that you can use both arcanites and slaves to darkness (normal chaos warriors) in the same army without any kind of problem.

So the other day I was saying that I've spent the past year painting up some plague monks from the pestilens Box with the verminlord (in that time I also did the plague claw). Well I finally pushed through 9 of them this week and finished.
This being said, I'm in need of a quicker painting method, and one user suggested this
>death guard green spray
>Chadian flesh tone skin
>leadbelcher metal
>white teeth and claws
>EARTHSHADE THAT BITCH
>nurgling green edge highlights on robe

This definitely seems efficient, but I'd just like some more input on if you think this'll still look good.

anyone have pictures of skaven painted with these colors?

>white teeth and claws
Better go with Ubshabti bone.
It will look more natural and you can do the parchments and skulls at the same time.

So, what are the opinions on the allegiance abilities revealed on the Warhammer Community site so far?

Ironjawz
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/petes-ironjawzgw-homepage-post-3/

Brayherds
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/rhuairidhs-brayherds/

Free Peoples
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/reeces-freeguildgw-homepage-post-3/