Can Nurgle give you mental disorders?

If Nurgle can give you physical diseases, can he give you mental disorders as well? Or is having a mental disorder a more Tzeentch-ish thing?

Let's talk about madness and mental disorders in the Warhammer universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101504/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No Chaos god has the lock on mental disorders. The entire setting is designed to fuck up people's heads. Most factions can be seen through the lens of what kind of mental disorder the group experiences to cope with how fucked up their world is.

No that is slannesh. Homosexuality is a choice.

Dude, Nurglite diseases are not physical. They are spiritual and mental. Their infectivity depends on the state of mind of the victim. In other words, it can only infect people with mental abnormalities already.

For example, the Plague of Unbelief aka zombie plague can only infect those with no faith (atheists) or are hopeless.

Well adjusted individuals have nothing to fear from Nurgle.

But at least Tzeentch could technically destroy your mind with a single thought, no? Even Slaanesh can turn you into a deranged sex addict very easily, Slaanesh can get access to your mind too. Maybe the only one who wouldn't do it would be Khorne, not really his style (he's not exactly subtle), but I'm pretty sure both Slaanesh and Tzeentch love playing mind games with their victims. Maybe not Nurgle, but Tzeentch can perfectly fuck the head of an important politician to gain control over an entire planet, for example. I say Tzeentch is pretty much, unoficially, the Lord of Mental Disorders as well, not just change. "Just as planned" means he always outsmarts you.

Cegorach doesn't really count as Chaos God, but even the Eldar Harlequins somehow adore a divinity who loves manipulating minds too. I think discusing mental health in the Warhammer universe is interesting because this has been rarely discused before, unlike demonic possession, although both thigs can be related at times.

No
It is implied when you say you like chaos

>(he's not exactly subtle)

Mental disorders have nothing to do with subtlety and you are approaching the idea of mental disorders from a really silly angle.

Stress is what breaks someone's mind. All of the chaos gods induce stress. All of the chaos gods induce mental disorders. The only difference is how they do it.

Huum...

Well, yes. However, I imagine Nurgle giving you cancer or AIDS rather than schizophrenia, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. Of course Nurgle can make you feel sad or mad too, but he's more like "physical" and Tzeentch more like "mental". Can Tzeentch directly hurt your body? Of course yes, but Tzeentch would probably use a less direct approach, like fucking your mind with weird visions from his own crystal word, I don't really imagine him giving you leukemia like Nurgle, and as you said, the only difference is "how they do it".

Khorne would simply kill you pretty quick, which is still preferable to be tortured both physically and mentally by Slaanesh. I can perfectly imagine Slaanesh mentally torturing people for fun, but not really Khorne, Khorne would focus on physical pain and carnage mostly, which doesn't mean he cannot make you feel negative emotions like fear or panic as lateral effect, but Khorne is "physical" too in my opinion.

Physical = Khorne and Nurgle
Mental = Tzeentch
Both physical and mental = Slaanesh

Sure they all can make you feel stress, or anger, or sadness to a certain extent, but the two of them more prone to use psychological tricks are both Slaanesh and Tzeentch in my opinion. Although maybe even Nurgle can manipulate people by making you think he's a fun nice dude so you let your guard down, who knows.

Hope this post is clearer than the previous one.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Being okay with hosting maggots, belly-inflating cancer and other "gifts" of Nurgle is something I have ever seen in people with psychoses like schizophrenia.

By our lens, the whole 40K setting is insane.

One learns in philosophy and history of psychology that "normal" is defined by the average of a given society, so orks, most humans and eldar are quite sane.

Want to know something crazy? One can have phobia of flesh (also bacteria and diseases), so Adeptus Mechanicus could actually become saner as they augment themselves.

Well it is pretty obvious he has given OP autism so i would say the answer is yes

Maybe the other chaos gods, but not Nurgle. Nurglites are surprisingly mentally healthy and happy. Often the reason that people accept Nurgle is because the physical ailments give them respite from their mental strife, and as long as they and their fellow nurglites can get over looking ugly, which they can, there's really no downside.

>Homosexuality is a choice.
>Implying that either he's gay, or he thinks he chose to be straight.
If you think you "chose" to be straight, then I've got news for you. It's literally impossible to simultaneously actually be straight and think that homosexuality is a choice.

>Can Nurgle give you mental disorders?
>Followers are indifferent with infernal maggots crawling in their innards and their skin melting off
>Diseases that turn your blood into pus and worse are considered 'gifts'

Gee I dont know! Those nurgle fellas seem totally sane, yep! Perfectly rational dudes!.

Chaotic corruption is the worst mental disorder you can have.So yes,Nurgle gives his followers mental disorders.

Once again you aren't looking at this the right way. You are seeing the gods as very hands-on. Which they are definitely not.

When you look at interacting with the chaos gods at 99.999999999999% of the people in the setting, they will all induce mental disorders.

Hell, even when looking at direct interaction with the chaos gods, I'm pretty sure none of them are above shooting a laser at you or just smashing you.

>Nurglites are surprisingly mentally healthy and happy

Pretty sure delusional thoughts or otherwise blindness to reality is a sign of having a mental disorder.

slannesh is pansexual, fuck anything that moves until it stops moving

Not if you think that straight is the baseline and gay people choose to reject it. I don't think it's a choice but your logic is flawed.

Homosexuality isn't a choice, choosing to act on homosexuality is. The reaction of a homosexual's body and brain towards the same sex is automatic, based directly upon the neurochemistry and brain structure of the homosexual; acting on it, on the other hand, is a choice. Whether that choice is immoral is the only debatable part here.

>until it stops moving

Thats baby talk, real degenerates go beyond ravaging living or dead flesh.

>Pretty sure delusional thoughts or otherwise blindness to reality is a sign of having a mental disorder.
By definition, it's only a disorder if it prevents you from functioning. Pappa Nurgle #1

>Not if you think that straight is the baseline and gay people choose to reject it
If you think a straight person could reject "it" (straightness,) then by definition you think you could reject "it." If you think you could chose to be gay.... you're at least bi. You're a little gay. Get over it, it's not even an insult, just an observation: birds fly, fish swim, you're obviously a little gay. Rock on with your bi self.

>If you think a straight person could reject "it" (straightness,) then by definition you think you could reject "it."
That's not true at all. Just because I think some people are capable of murder doesn't mean I think I am personally. Again, I'm a little gay IRL and I don't think it's a choice but you're being unfair.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101504/

Looks like "by definition" is not as clear cut as you want it to.

To the extant that insanity or mental aberration is a by-product of structural or chemical damage or infection, then sure, Nurgle is your guy.

The 40k universe is dualistic by definition, though, so whatever.

>Some people are capable of rejecting heterosexuality, and some aren't, inherently.
Then you know you call those people who ARE capable of or predisposed to rejecting heterosexuality: gay people, and it wouldn't be a choice between BEING gay so much as a choice of whether to HIDE it or not.

>Mental disorder is implied when you say you like Chaos.
It could also mean that, for whatever reason, either accidentally or on purpose, become educated on the nature of the afterlife for humans in 40k. Barring some god-tier diplomacy checks against some VERY powerful Xenos (a Cryptech who knows the secret to transference, or a Heamonculus for example) Chaos is basically the only path to avoiding oblivion after death that a Human has, and certainly the only one that's actively recruiting. Serving chaos is genuinely a long-term self-serving rational choice.

Nigga I'm a behaviorist. If it doesn't lead to behaviors that are unhealthy relative to your environment, then it's not a disorder. If you're perpetually happy and productive forever on a daemon-world where everyone else is perpetually happy and productive, and the only problem is that outsiders would consider you ugly, in what way is that a disorder?

Because your productive happiness is leading to the downfall of humanity.

Nurgle straight up kills people, you know.

>downfall of humanity.
Pappa nurgle wants all life to flourish, from the lowest microme, to the mightiest titan, and that includes Humanity. Only through his love can we all live and flourish together. Any deaths are unfortunate, but ultimately for the cause of the greater good of ALL life. Even then, as consolation, the soul of any fallen touched by Nurgle's blessed rot is granted eternal life as a Plaguebearer.

Nurgle is Jesuis, wrapped in Buddah, with a creamy The Dude filling, and the only problem is ugliness, which is just your mortal mind and it's imperfect love being unable to embrace all living things the way Nurgle's perfect and infinite love can... it's okay, we're all striving to reach a state of perfect love like Pappa Nurgle.