Zweihander

So, has anyone taken a peek at Zweihander yet?

Our group is giving it a bash in a few weeks, seems to essentially be warhammaer fantasy Roleplay with a lick of paint.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewtopic.php?t=5725
youtu.be/jOjmF5KcfyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i like it but have not played it yet.

one thing i thought was odd was that at the end of the book there were rules for futuristic weapons but as far as i can see, the rule set is not really set up all that well for sci-fi adventures just gritty fantasy.

Mastered some months ago, its pretty easy to pick up (if you already played whrp) and its meant so characters are almost never OP like you could made in wh.

I find it as a pretty good system for your not!warhammer world or almost any setting with low technology (gunpowder is probably the limit).

It seems like a pretty solid system. I haven't really dug through it yet, but I grabbed a free copy from one of their events.

The main dev seems like kind of a dick, but if his game is good I'll play it. WFRP is one of my favorite games.

Does it use Miniatures? I own a copy of the book but haven't really looked into it yet. (Received it yesterday. Haven't been able to read it.)

I love being able to place down the characters and such on the table. It just makes things so much more alive.

is the free beta version from drive thru rpg the same as the full thing but without the art or is it missing rules?

Looked through the PDF a few times, waiting for the physical book to show up before I run it for friends. The system seems a solid enough conversion of WFRP, despite the lacklustre morality system.

Only thing that really bugs me about it is the magical realming in the bestiary, there really wasn't any good reason to add rape to fungus-Orcs except for masturbating to. You already had beastmen to cover the rape-and-pillage angle. Thank god it's just a placeholder setting and they're at least not going to try and expand on it.

I have never mastered with miniatures, but I guess you could use them, the game does provide a conversion for distances.

The game in itself has no setting or anything, but rather want you to do whatever you want and the way you want it. Its basically 90% mechanics.

Just got my hadcover yesterday, it's damn good!

I think thats just a throwback to when Warhammer Fantasy and 40K would intermingle, like when khorne berserkers would get chainswords

Same as the full release

I have an e-copy, read it a while ago. Nothing really wowed me, but nothing really turned me off, either.

I'm actually a big fan of the sliding scale morality system.

Biggest strength = biggest weakness is an intersting angle to take, and I prefer it to some Lawful/Chaotic Good/Evil nonsense

I'm waiting for mine, it hurts to live far away.

how is the print ? they talked a lot about that.

I feel it fell into the same trap as a lot of "Mature" fantasy, once they're allowed to go beyond the limits, they tend to go so far out it's just immature.

But generic setting means they can be simply ignored.

Could you expand on the morality system?

I know that feel too well.

Morality system specifics:

forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewtopic.php?t=5725

It's really really good way better than the shit lulu sent them going by pictures

There's a hands-on video online. Folks on RPG.net are giving it glowing reviews, both from a physical presence perspective & mechanics: youtu.be/jOjmF5KcfyU

the lulu version looked like crap. glad they went a diff direction. my copy is fucking incredible, just got it today.

To celebrate the physical release of the game how about we roll up a character the grim and perilous (random) way huh?

Roll 1d100 to determine sex