I need tinfoil hat ramblings, conspiracy theories and general crazy talk that is not strictly impossible

I need tinfoil hat ramblings, conspiracy theories and general crazy talk that is not strictly impossible.
Bonus points if it "feels" like it makes sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D561QwyRYaU
woodbetween.world/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html
cracked.com/article_18955_6-crackpot-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-happened.html
cracked.com/blog/the-us-armys-weed-weapon-a-paranoid-but-true-conspiracy/
youtube.com/watch?v=lJHiU-X9Y-0
youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw
web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_cycle_theory#Contemporary_theories
youtube.com/watch?v=qImHuiYnVQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=71PNZH1OaW0
youtube.com/watch?v=yRU4iZUsTY0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
youtu.be/sO2WIFTm7n4
fallout.gamepedia.com/No-bark_Noonan's_dialogue
youtube.com/watch?v=5GI3PBYlA3M
chemtrailsaredemonic.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Force
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is any conspiracy theory fair game? Is there a specific setting we should have in mind?

give me anything you've got.

The government is totally legit and not involved in anything shady at all.

This one always gets a chuckle out of me.

What a lot of people don't know is the $62m lawsuit against Games workshop is actually funded by the office of the southern baptists churches. This is in retaliation of using chaos demons instead of using chaos priests, which would allow them to point to their anti-catholic leanings.

The lottery is actually a system to discritely fund time travel missions with era appropiate cash.
Not the jackpots mind you, but the big small prizes that don't get scrutinized.

The lottery is also a CIA funded program to capture potential psychics for government use.
None of the random numbers are ever winners, so picking the correct combination is an implication of precognitive powers.
It's a win / win for them really.

Pizzagate
youtube.com/watch?v=D561QwyRYaU

Ghosts are when a small amount of waves, swap with another set of waves in the same position but different time.

This allows us to observe a "faded person" effect with light, and a "whisper" effect with sound.

"echoing" sounds occur when multiple waves are being swapped or in varying positions.

Since the waves are swapped, any parties that is seeing or hearing a ghost, will appear to be a ghost to the other party.

Evidence of this begins in ghost hunters Season 4 Episode 20. They investigated the house and it had aweird history. Some lady died of an illness in that house and a father shot and killed his own son after mistaking him for an intruder, claiming he heard voices in the house.

The Ghost Hunters go through with their usual shtick, asking random questions to the air repeatedly and checking the plumbing.

On their recorders they have what sounds like an angry man yelling what sounds like "GET OUT I'll kill you". They assume it was the ghost.

In fact the "ghost" was the man who shot his kid dead years prior, and he was trying to defend himself against the ghost hunters (the ghosts to him) who sounded like home intruders asking questions like "are you mad you were shot and killed" and "is anyone home? I hope you don't mind me"

The man eventually shot his son assuming he was stopping the intruders he heard.

The ghost hunters have no clue what they're meddling with and are responsible for a person's death.

woodbetween.world/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html

Try asking on /x/. Thems fuckers crazy.

If you are in any position to take a run at the presidency you have either had your mouth wrapped around an 14 year olds cock or been party to it. They set it up that way. It's like an initiation into high level politics, to ensure they keep one anothers secrets.

Don't believe me? There's a halfway house in Boulder, Colorado you should check out. I'm not legally allowed to call it a Boy Farm because they beat those allegations, but some of those kids are willing to talk for a few bucks.

"WIZARDS! Invisible wizards, WALKING AMONG US, watching us. If you listen, you can hear them scratching notes on their MAGIC SCROLLS!. They whisper things to me. They know I know and they know you don't believe me! They tell me to do things...I DON'T WANT TO SERVE THEIR EVIL! You NEED to help ME!"

Jesus

Han shot first.

>You know that thing about chemtrails? Complete bullshit. The heights involved would disperse any substance so much that it would be innefectual, and air routes don't favor human populations. When the government wants to introduce a chemical compound over its population, it is added to regular car fuel: it spreads at ground level and where there's a car, there are people. This much more simple and effective method is why the US has such a strong car culture which disdains fuel economy.

The articles below should help you out. For example, the "government controls us through the census" sounds more reasonable when one finds out that it was used just like that to intern japanese-maericans in 1942.

cracked.com/article_18955_6-crackpot-conspiracy-theories-that-actually-happened.html

cracked.com/blog/the-us-armys-weed-weapon-a-paranoid-but-true-conspiracy/

>tinfoil hat ramblings
Oh boy. An user once posted something written by his GM. It's the pdf at the left.

/pol/ is always correct.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJHiU-X9Y-0
LOOK

Unironically, go to /pol/. They're Diet /x/ and fantastic for the generation of Delta Green plotlines.

Look up flat earth conspiracies. If you've had higher math classes it will be nonsense, otherwise enjoy.

/X/ GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

Those fucking creepy ass videos on youtube are being used by pedophiles to condition millions of children

Unironically this one. Sounds like the sort of delusions you'd end up having if you were a schizo in a high fantasy universe. Need to use this next time my PCs visit a sanitarium.

Can someone post the pepsi SAN check pdf?

what am I reading

Zarus and Pelor are one and the same.

All US nationally chartered banks are required to join the Federal Reserve Bank and purchase "stocks," which are nothing like normal stocks since the Federal Reserve Bank isn't a for profit institution that's exposed to any kind of market risk. Nevertheless, the Fed annually pays out 6% dividends on these so called stocks, which is risk free wealth transferred to the private banking sector.

The vast majority of this money is diverted by Shan possessed executives towards various ventures that all have the ultimate long term goal of restoring their derelict spaceship and conquer the planet. A drunk guy with a wicked scar on his forehead told me this so I know it to be true.

Giant Tree Stump Theory. Yggdrasil was real. Earth was covered by mile-high trees before the Atlanteans/Zeta Reticulans/Reptilians. The petrified stumps remain. The government and scientific community are covering it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

A classic. I still want to use bits of it in a setting some day.

>one thousand pages
Im gonna need a short summary, also

>The Elf civilizations are not governed by their Sages, but are truly nothing more than mindless Drones for their trees via pheromone control
Why do you think they fight the Drow so often? They escaped the trees, and The Trees want them back

Because a few of the founders went to that specific church in demanding. So they're admitting it's a sham and choosing the "greater" alternative in-sync with all those Jesus inc. Enterprises gonna pop up soon.

I made it 45 seconds before the stupidity forced a catastrophic eyeroll. Now I'm blind. I just hope my touchtyping is sufficient to get this message out. Thanks, user.

Why does this even exist? How do you make a conspiracy theory like this out of some shots making him look taller than Han?

The PCs know that a certain religion controls everything but all of the NPCs are convinced they are innocent victims.

You didn't even get to the best parts. How the Hebrews are time travelers from the future or how the Martians fought the Atlanteans.

You know public drinking fountains, right? They're everywhere in big cities, in all the parks, etc.
You ever why all the water coming out of them tastes like shit? It's because the bottled water industry is paying out millions to the government to purposely make their water worse, just to make people want to buy the bottled stuff.
Same thing goes for tap water. Why do you think charcoal filters are so expensive? You can buy a bag of the stuff for 50 bucks, or just a little cylinder for the same price!

This, right?

Refer to the Paranoia thread going on right now. Especially the RnD items.

Google eternal Hibernian or hibernian conspiracy

I lost it at Thoth. Every time he says "according to Thoth" I laugh harder. Fucking hysterical. Thank you. It's a special kind of crazy.

>>The Elf civilizations are not governed by their Sages, but are truly nothing more than mindless Drones for their trees via pheromone control
>Why do you think they fight the Drow so often? They escaped the trees, and The Trees want them back
that one is extremely good

This fucking hippie. It's like a real-world toad-licking, shroom-talking mentally disabled druid
>Perhaps the planet mind is trying to tell us something?

Semi-related, did you know that tinfoil hats, instead of blocking radio waves, actually amplify the signal reaching the wearer?

web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Global warming is a plot to melt the Antarctica Ice Wall.

There are humanoid rats living underground

/Pol/ is literal mind rot, disgusting hive of retards.

Wikipedia maintains an actual list of conspiracy theories: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

I read this list, and some fraction of the entries on it, as part of my background research for a CYOA. What leaps out at you when you stack all of these conspiracy theories on top of each other is how sad they are; most of them are just ways for some group of people to rationalize the feeling that everyone is out to get them. (There probably isn't any global conspiracy against Turkey, because the world as a whole just doesn't care that much.)

The most interesting entries concerned cattle mutilation, which is apparently a real(ish) phenomenon, and "false history"; if you read one link off that page, it should be the one about Fomenko's "New History." (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko) ) In essence, Fomenko claims that much of what we'd call classical history was made up by medieval monks as metaphorical (allegorical?) versions of contemporary events. He arrives at this conclusion via a statistical examination of histories, predicated on the assumption that the amount of descriptive space dedicated to an event is correlated with its importance, and therefore a given period of history should therefore produce the same spacing pattern even when described by different authors. Fomenko analyses some number of texts with this method and concludes that the spacing pattern exhibited by classical history is improbably closely correlated with that of medieval history. Spoiler: Fomenko's method turns out to be flawed.

(Pre-industrial agrarian societies may have, in fact, exhibited Malthusian boom-bust cycles, but this notion is unrelated to Fomenko's work. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_cycle_theory#Contemporary_theories )

Dang, beat me to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qImHuiYnVQ0

I forgot to mention that something like the "False History" idea could be a fun way to explain the enormous lengths of time that pass in fantasy settings ("every 1,000 years", "for the last 10,000 years", etc.)

They didn't really happen. People just think they did.

youtube.com/watch?v=71PNZH1OaW0

The Titanic didn't sink.

Hear me out.
There was three boats built at the same time as the Titanic, including the Olympic, seen here on pic related next to the famously "unsinkable" ship.
The Olympic had an unfortunate meeting with another ship a few months before the Titanic left port for the first time. The Olympic was deemed responsible for the accident so they didn't collect the insurance money and had to fix it for a really expensive price.

So the theory goes like this : the Olympic was switched with the Titanic in order to sink it and collect the insurance money. The Titanic (in disguise) sailed without any problems for years until it was put out of business for being old.

Here goes the mad part : a boat owned by the same company as the Titanic left North America a few days before the 'Titanic' did, with no passengers and thousands of blankets on board, as if they were going to rescue the passengers of the sinking ship.
The Titanic had room for more than 3 000 people but left with only 2 200 people on board, which meant it wasn't profitable. The Olympic had less room for passengers.
The owner of the Titanic called in sick and didn't board the ship and was seen perfectly well in France the day of the sinking.
The crew started putting the passengers in life boats very late, as iof they were waiting for the rescue ship (which never reached them).

There are some more details about windows being different on the Olympic and matching those of the wrecked underwater ship pictures and some other influencial people failing to board, about a newspaper printing a story about the whole crew the morning after the wreckage as if they knew about what was supposed to happen.

Got you covered senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=yRU4iZUsTY0

The future of humanity is under threat by extra-dimensional demons and pedophile vampires making a societal hive mind artificial intelligence to strip freedom from the people

this is just common sense

There's the phantom time hypothesis, which proposes that Otto III of the Holy Roman Empire and Pope Sylvester II fabricated a chunk of European history in order to help legitimize the empire, and to place the calendar at the oh-so-special year of 1,000 AD.

The claim is that the entire Carolingian period was falsified, (614-911), creating the legendary king Charlemagne for the empire to be descended from.

The theory cites:
The scarcity of archaeological evidence that can be reliably dated to the period AD 614–911, the perceived inadequacies of radiometric and dendrochronological methods of dating this period, and the over-reliance of medieval historians on written sources.
Roman architecture in 10th century Europe, suggesting that the days of Empire are more re cent.
A mismatch between the Julian and Gregorian calendars that makes it seem as if the latter had experienced 300 less years.

There are some huge holes in the theory, but read in isolation, it's... Ok.

>interdimensional mating

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
Have fun

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

youtu.be/sO2WIFTm7n4
This is the best and no one will convince me otherwise.

>t. Shareblue

>"if you notice a speck anywhere, I mean there's specks everywhere"
>next shot he's wearing glasses
>mfw

Italian and Spanish are the same language.

fallout.gamepedia.com/No-bark_Noonan's_dialogue

This might provide some inspiration on talking crazy

OP asked for plausible conspiracy theories user

Anime is a Japanese Psi-Op that got way out of hand and back fired horribly

The lottery is a tax on people that don't understand probability

Browse /pol/ for ten minutes and report back

Why not /x/?

I bet they've done a lot of stuff for a few bucks

youtube.com/watch?v=5GI3PBYlA3M
stewart swerdlow
michael tsarion
max spiers
check'em on youtube

fuck i really hate those ghost hunting shows now

chemtrailsaredemonic.org/
No, you fucking imbecile.
Chemtrails are demons.

...but that's actually true. At least for the Belgian Lottery.

Pick your flavour of crazy

It could be both. They can investigate winners for potential signs of ESP and still use the losers as an idiot tax to fund the whole operation.

I remember there was some sci-fi novel that even suggested using a birth lottery to breed people for luck, but technically doesn't human reproduction already work that way kinda?

>a bunch of assholes are incredibly rude to dead people.

>6:22-7:05
Did anyone else catch that all that dialogue was more or less in the Unknown Armies 2e rulebook?

Or was the rumour section from the Unknown Armies 2e rulebook from this scene? Hmmmmmm

What if Wikipedia itself is collecting that list of conspiracy theories to make any real conspiracy theory seem either less interesting or more pathetic by comparison?

>dead people whos death they might have contributed to by being rude to dead people
this is some bootstrap paradox shit niggu

really makes you think

>The phantom time hypothesis is a historical conspiracy theory asserted by Heribert Illig. First published in 1991, the hypothesis proposes a conspiracy by the Holy Roman Emperor Otto III, Pope Sylvester II, and possibly the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII, to fabricate the Anno Domini dating system retrospectively, so that it placed them at the special year of AD 1000, and to rewrite history[1] to legitimize Otto's claim to the Holy Roman Empire. Illig believed that this was achieved through the alteration, misrepresentation, and forgery of documentary and physical evidence.[2] According to this scenario, the entire Carolingian period, including the figure of Charlemagne, would be a fabrication, with a "phantom time" of 297 years (AD 614–911) added to the Early Middle Ages. The proposal has found no favour among mainstream medievalists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis

Even without the paradox, the whole concept of those shows is incredibly disrespectful. Which is like, most reality TV shows ever. It's a cancer upon television and popular culture in general. It distorts reality even more than normal TV narratives because people are convinced that it's not scripted, when in fact it is.

I would refuse to appear on any reality TV show. Actors are allowed to see their own scripts and make decisions based on that, "Real people" aren't.

Selective breeding of humans has historically been hard to manage, at least when humans try it. Perhaps we should leave it to the Zeta-Reticulans

>I remember there was some sci-fi novel that even suggested using a birth lottery to breed people for luck
that's fucking cool. do you remember anything about it that might make it easier to find?

Yeah, but the way sex works, the most lucky sperm in 100 million is the one that gets to fertilize the egg, which itself just happened to chose this month to descend into the Uterus. The most lucky sperm and egg are the ones that become a real human bean. So if there is ANY genetic basis for luck that works outside of a vagina, evolution is already working to maximize it.

I think it was part of Lary Niven's known space series. I haven't read it, but it comes up latter in one of the novels that the Puppeteers had been bio-engineering humans to be more lucky with a birth lottery. In general they are super paranoid and prefer to do everything by proxy. which is itself a common theme in both space-opera and conspiracy theories. Which itself could make good material for both sci-fi or conspiracy fiction. Who benefits from us believing or disbelieving in puppeteer aliens who have everything under control (or out of control).

Ringworld, by Larry Niven.

Another thing that always made me laugh about this is that this is basically just a cheap palette swap of various white racist theories from the late 19th/early 20th century.

>/Pol/
Get out. Summer is just about over.

It's more of a fusion than anything, the stuff about yakub is from the Nation of Islam but the Dero are from Richard Sharp Shaver's stuff and it's also got

thanks the both of you. i read a synopsis and it sounds fun

It's also got hollow earth mixed in*

It was Ring World by Larry Niven. Humans are only allowed one child each or something but there's a lottery to decide who can have another. One of the characters is born from three generations of lottery winners and so has super human luck. Pretty good book, lot of cool ideas.

The Question is surprisingly fun, especially for such an old character.

Robert F. Scott and his team didn't die because of a freak storm but instead committed a group suicide after finding out that Amundsen beat them in the race to South Pole.

Harold Wilson was a soviet spy that not only managed to infiltrate the British government but also became a prime minister while still taking orders from Moscow.

Richard Nixon deliberately sabotaged peace talks in Vietnam so that he would have a better chance to get elected.

Several people involved in USSR's space program died while in space (either due to accidents or possibly because they're deliberately sent on a one way trip to the space). To maintain public morale USSR covered it all up and unpersoned these unlucky cosmonauts.

CIA is behind the American drug epidemic and it was meant to be a way for the government to control urban and low income population while helping CIA to forge ties with South American criminal organizations and help to acquire further funding for its other operations.

>CIA is behind the American drug epidemic and it was meant to be a way for the government to control urban and low income population while helping CIA to forge ties with South American criminal organizations and help to acquire further funding for its other operations.

This one is true though

>to control urban and low income population

Well, this part's a stretch. It was really just that poor neighborhoods were a suitable dumping ground for the drugs. It was done because they wanted money that didn't come with congressional oversight.

The war on drugs that resulted from this was the perfect weapon against minorities and anti-war whites though.

That is also a good point.

>political enemy is annoying you
>realize they all like a certain thing
>make thing illegal and demonize it
>use as an excuse to kick their shit in

Speaking of "crazy conspiracy theories" that turned out to be real:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Force

For years it was just rumors and hearsay, but then in 2004 a reporter dug up the evidence that an elite patrol unit had torn a bloody swath across Vietnam, committing horrific war crimes while the brass looked the other way, and the military eventually hushed the whole thing up, declining to prosecute in order to avoid the negative publicity.

the moon landing was actually filmed by a professional movie studio, and they got Stanley Kubrick to direct. He forced them to shoot on-location.