FW is Cancer Edition

FW is Cancer Edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Will Chaos finally get one? Probably not
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

What sounds more fun:
1. A Grey Knight army that focuses on Interceptors
2. A Harlequin army that focuses on troupes in Starweavers with Voidweavers.

I'm trying to choose which army will be my main army for now. I already have models for both.

Any tip at converting True-Scale Marines with terminator legs?

harlequins, due to their mobility. mobility is always more fun in games than static armies because it allows for more creativity in tactics.

>thread title is in name field
>OP is a sourgrapes poorfag who's stuck in 5th edition
Cancer

>FW is cancer

poorfag detected

No, Forge World models literally cause cancer.

Inteceptor spam is hilarious. Give them all falchions and make them all 10man squads and enjoy the fuckery.

Harlies sound more fun to play with and against.

Unlike plastic? Or any product that can produce dust?
Unless you are snorting the material walking outside has a higher chance of getting you cancer.

Reposting because missed the threadline

The Acadian 88th is a fleet based regiment "specializing" in rear guard Garrison duty. A highly superstitious unit, the acadians believe that "Luck" is nothing more than His Emperor's grace at work and the easiest way to maintain it is to keep any and all Aquilas on their gear as bright and shiny as possible. This is harder than it sounds considering their homeworld has constant dust storms and plasma squalls.
With their relic fortress "Digger's Folly", equipped with a Strongpoint Aquilla MacroCannon, the 88th is regularly dropped in to interrupt enemy flanking maneuvers and serve as a living barricade for fellow Imperium forces. Recently, a munitorum transfer error in their favor provided the 88th with 55 crates of fresh, bold looking fatigues (and 10 crates of pre-cooked Lasagna, marked as "Helios Pattern Lasguns") that have given the Regiment a huge morale boost and a new, professional look in stark contrast to their usual faded, dusty reds.

Crossposting from WIP for some extra feedback.

I threw this guy together, waiting on some Daemonette arms to have coming out of his back going over his shoulders. I'm kicking around the idea of putting him on a 60mm base filled with corpses and Daemonette groupies and using him as a Daemon Prince for a pure Daemon army, of the "obsessed with dueling" type. He's about the right height and would take up the same base size, so LOS shouldn't be an issue. I'd clean up the obvious Dark Eldar stuff on his gear as well and give him an appropriate colour scheme. Would you be OK with that on the table?

Alternatively I could just run him as a count-as Herald on a Steed of Slaanesh or something; any other suggestions as to what I could use him for? Worst case scenario is as Hellion champion but that seems a bit of a waste.

>Daemons are completely useless

>using him as a Daemon Prince
of Slaanesh, meant to say. Though I guess with some tweaks Tzeentch is a possibility.

If you are like me pick the army that is harder to play, either by game mechanics, tactics, options and/or the models are hard to get.
I used to play marines and got bored, I switch to SoB and even thou my conversions are ass I'm actually having fun with the hobby and games again.
Side note, my local meta thinks SoB are broken and OP, it warms my heart when I hear that.
Second note, buy what ever model you like, pictures related

>88th
Go home nazi

Not him, but really? I thought that the SS/88 was gone by now.

>implying the autists known as the alt-right don't use the number 88 to worship hitler's cock

I think he'd work better as a herald than a prince

I literally used a RNG for it. Figured it was a decent proxy for Imperial Bureaucracy

I think you fail to understand the simple concept of potency, relative to concentration.

Resin is considered "cancerous" because it can cause cancer with much lower quantities than other shit like dust or plastic dust. A builder who spends all his time on a dusty building site might catch cancer from the dust, much later in life, but a builder who spends all his time on a building site with asbestos dust will be FAR more likely to catch cancer, much earlier in life.

Who gives a flying fuck what some inbred racists use as their super special secret code. It's a fucking number, it comes after 87 and before 89.

My meta does as well after I started to play them.

Been accused of playing unfun WAAC lists on a pure SoB list.

I think you fail to understand how fucking different it is working on a building site and building some figures without snorting in the dust

I could use 8th but I don't want to step on Creeds toes

Use whatever number you want and don't let some git on Veeky Forums tell you otherwise.

Honestly, no normal human being is going to see the number 88 and start screeching about Hitler

Ignore almost anything you see on Veeky Forums, especially Veeky Forums, about human interactions and understanding other people's intentions including this one

Seeing as last thread it degenerated into an argument about UR DOODZ before I could get an answer,

Should I make my 1k sons Crimson Sons or Silver Sons?

I've worked on building sites since a young age, faggot, doing partitioning and plastering. I think you assume a lot of shit, which is making an ass of you, but not me.

I also think that you don't even address the point I was trying to make, which makes you a retarded faggot. I'm just waiting for you to pull the merely-pretending card, or the not-him-but... samefag card, once you get utterly BTFO. Which you will, if you continue to post.

That is why I said, "snorting" you need to actively snort the dust from resin or plastic to get it.
The one other way you could get would be if your consist of assembling resin models all day long. Just then you should use a mask.

So again unless you are snorting the dust like a retard you are safe.

lol spot the nazi apologists

Green sons

>worked on building sites
>still doesn't see my point

there is a massive difference between working on building sites nearly every day for years, to a little bit of resin dust which inhaling is very easily avoided by simply not being retarded

Crimson Sons.

Shut up you fucking wiener

Sorry that I can fit 20 meltaguns that can move 24" under 1000 points
Not my fault you are trying to bring LoW at 1000 points games

Didn't we tell you to cut that shit out?

Blew up magnus and a demon prince on T1 with 1000 pts, and I don't even play full melta

Nice german word there nazi cunt, go back to worshipping your dead leader lol

Didn't I tell you it's a money issue and not a my dudes issue?

That is why I spoke about POTENCY you dumb cunt. I made the comparison between a normal site and one with asbestos to demonstrate the point between normal plastic dust and resin dust. God you're a fucking MORON.

>Melta melts my Russ.
>Flamers flame my Guardsmen
A concondrum

>to demonstrate the point between normal plastic dust and resin dust. God you're a fucking MORON.

again you are missing the point, potency doesnt mean jack when you can entirely avoid breathing in the dust when working on models

whereas you are at a site with dust fucking everywhere, all day every day for your livelihood

why are you so fucking upset at this, this isn't a hard thing to grasp

Which Chaos Warband should I play, a Corpus Brethren force or a Emperor's Children force led by Lucius?

Resin dust is literally a non-issue. If you're a poorfag just file your shit underwater, and if you aren't just buy a $25 mask from 3M

you don't even need to do that, just get 20 disposable masks for $1 or something

>file your shit underwater

i actually never thought about that

>so retarded he refuses to accept the possibility that things are comparable despite their difference of scale
Rofl I'm done with you

Emperor's Children, but wait till the new models hit.

Corpus. You're more likely to come across other EC players than ones doing Corpus so it makes it easier for you to fight them

See you in three years

>>so retarded he refuses to accept the possibility that things are comparable despite their difference of scale

its nothing to do with scale you fucking pleb, in one scenario you can avoid literally all of the dust by not being a retard. In the other scenario you have thousands of pieces of legislation and health and safety checks to MINIMIZE your intake of dust because its literally unavoidable

Can I get some help Veeky Forums?

My friend is getting into 40k and wanted to be orkz but doesn't have the money for a swarm army so he is doing his second choice as standard space marines for a lower model count.

Does anyone know of a good Ork strategy that would leave orkz as a lower model count and still do decent at the game? If so he can pick orkz and just buy horde boyz slowly over time.

Thanks.

killakanz spam and a gorkanaut or something

orks is kinda hard to do properly on a budget

Nobz in battlewagons with flyer support

>Tzeentch Last year
>Nurgle this year
2 years at most broheim. And that's assuming they do Khorne next year.

I'm not an expert but $1 masks might not be enough for fine dust, as it's only like £20 I'd probably buy a higher-end mask or respirator just to be safe

Nobs in a Naut

Keep in mind a naut costs nearly the same as a stompa.

It is only worth it if you work with resin models all the week. Like it is your job to assemble resin models.

Even then, just do it underwater.

Also is missing the point. You can only get cancer with resin if you snort it like an idiot for years. But that can happen in any environment with dust of any kind.

I'm stuck between whether they should go for Khorne or Slaanesh first
I mean KoS, Lucius and Noise Marine Models kinda suck, but so do Berzerkers

> Will never get Guitar Noise Marines

I've still got a decent sized dreadmob (9+ Kans and 3 dreads) left over from Kastorel Novem, will it still wreck face?
>no rules for megadread yet

>Just another year or two before new EC models MIGHT come out
>Either get screwed over by SoB syndrome and get locked in an endless cycle of hoping for new models that will never come or buy old models and cry if they release new models in a couple of months

Fuck me senpai, this sucks.

Kans are great right now, no idea on dreads desu

Having so much fun with melta should be heresy.

It's pretty killy alright.
There are rules for the megadread in the Forgeworld Xeno index, it's pretty garbo.

Just the mekadread so far afaik, no megadread yet, but yeah the mekadread doesn't look that great

Is your troop choice metal only? If not, then you are fine. Not perfect but fine.

eBay and China are your friends

Ah yeah.
Mega is the HQ right?
Odd that the one piloted by a Mek isn't the MekA dredd...

Yeah, I'll probably fall back on that if I can't make him suitably daemon princey.

We dont have troops choices, only resin conversion kits.

Don't worry user; they'll NEVER release any more EC models

EVER

AGAIN

Then you are fine.

How the dick do Chaos deal with conscript spam?

Current meta here recently featured 150 of the bastards and 3 vendettas.

I'm very tempted to try and make room for a marauder squad simply to get some sort of snipers into the list to ping away at the commisar or something.

I mean, I see 88th and I think khorne, not Hitler. Can we stop pushing real life politics into our games?

New Lore: Khorne also sees it. His advances the men very uncomfortable.

Make the men*

>tfw after months of trying to decide, finally settle on an army

>tfw play Inquisition and my model count is low enough that I can put time and effort into coming up with names for squads and characters
>named my stormtrooper characters after various death squad leaders since I figured that was kind of what Inquisitorial stormtroopers were
>one day a guy from Chile comes in to play a game
>notices one of these names and basically calls me an insensitive dickhole
>find out his parents left Chile to flee the ravages of said death squad leader
>never name my squad leaders again

Tell us! Tell us!

>How the dick do Chaos deal with conscript spam?

You don't. They took all top 3 places in the biggest 8e tournament so far for a reason.
the reason is that they're objectively broken and the simplified core game rules removed all ways to effectively deal with them

WAAAGH

Well, let's see if they come through on their promise to be more pro-active about fixing game problems and apply pic related.

not gonna lie that's pretty fuckin funny

Ynnead vs Fulgrim soon, fellow fa/tg/uys!

Levi dreads
See how well a conscript squad deals with 10d3 str 9 hits

Anything with T6 3+ or T4 2+ will take ages for conscripts to kill, and will be virtually immortal with both. Rubric and/or hellbrutes are good options for this.

Helldrakes, while pretty bad overall, excel both at killing flyers and tarpitting conscripts.

If you can make them reach melee in decent numbers, poxwalkers are an hard counter to conscripts.

If you want to actually kill them, double chainsword zerkers will cut trough conscripts with ease.

You should apologize to him and challenge him to rematch, this time with an all deffkopta army. Name your warlord Pinorkchet

Yeah everyone laughs when I tell them but it was literally the most awkward moment of my life when he said "Do you know who that is?" and I said "Yeah" and then he just stared at me for like 10 seconds.

Found some cheap SC Slaanesh kits and I've been wanting to dabble in Daemons for a little while. I know they're not top tier by any standards right now, but how does this look as a starting point?

1000 point force

>Patrol Detachment
Daemon Prince with Wings and Double Talons
Herald on Steed
Daemonettes x 20 with Icon and Instrument
Seekers x 7 with Icon and Instrument

>Spearhead Detachment
Herald on Steed
Herald on Steed
Seeker Chariot
Exalted Seeker Chariot x 2

Going all in on the Heralds so as to have a good Smite game and as well as the power that gives the enemy -1 to hit. Getting the first turn will be tough but I should be able to close the distance very quickly and I'm hoping Quicksilver Quickness or whatever the First Strike ability is called will pull me through from there.

>mah parents were helicoptered in the helicaust
>never forget the 11 trillion
My sides are in fucking orbit

I already upset him once with Centurion Pinochet the Tempestus Prime, if I did it twice I think it'd be a bit awkies.

I wish that would happen at my LGS, half of the people that go there are communists and circlejerk about it

at least you did it for themeing and not to be edgy

They actually deal with it very well because you can't have as many as you'd like since they're relic units, and have short range weapons.
Once they get charged, they're tarpitted the entire game. And conscripts move 12+d6 inches plus charge distance.

>Anything with T6 3+ or T4 2+ will take ages for conscripts to kill, and will be virtually immortal with both. Rubric and/or hellbrutes are good options for this.

They take a long time, but aren't as durable as conscripts in most trades.
Some land raider variants can work, but they are also vulnerable to tarpitting.

>Helldrakes, while pretty bad overall, excel both at killing flyers and tarpitting conscripts.
No

>If you can make them reach melee in decent numbers, poxwalkers are an hard counter to conscripts.
lol no

>If you want to actually kill them, double chainsword zerkers will cut trough conscripts with ease.
Not enough to justify their points and losses.

they should just fucking stop commissar leadership auras working on conscripts. another way to deal with it would be to allow weapon damage to spill over if the unit's model count is above a certain threshold, but that might hurt nids and orks too much.

How good are the new Death Guard Drones at killing hordes?

I'm from chile. He was a pussy and a faggot.
We all lost families during Cold War. Either by USA dictators or USSR dictators set in place by them
You man up and move on with your life.

Yes lad, welcome to the best, fluffiest, funnest army with the best book the black library has to offer.

increase the cost of conscripts by 1 point or make them hit on 6+

alternatively just bring back platoons from 7th

>literally bought 2 deffkoptas to build a chinork this morning
>Pinorkchet
I'm stealing this