Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

FOR THE EMPEROR'S LAWN - Old Memes Edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Will Chaos finally get one? Probably not
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

For the Emperor's Finest Lawn

i choose this one

What would the various faction's lawns look like?

This one was first

>No one makes generals till the old ones dead at which point like 3 pop up simultaneously

Leman Russ is a furry.

Fuck it
This one is canon now

this one i choose this one

What would be a good head-swap for this fella?

Wulfgirls of the warp

Take the knot brother!

Hate inducing harassment? No thanks.

We know what Nurgle's would look like. Vibrant with life.

>chaos ever being a serious threat
HAHAHA chaos cucks btfo

but... WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MORTARION MINI??
>months of new ed
>no deathshroud
>no typhus
>No Mortarion

Reposting feom a few threads back. People were too busy "discussing" thr number of marine codexes to answer.

How is this list for a complete beginner? 500 pt

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [26 PL, 499pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 101pts]: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power axe, The Crusader's Helm

+ Troops +

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 118pts]
. 2x Initiate
. Initiate w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon
. Initiate w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Sword Brother: Combi-plasma

+ Elites +

Dreadnought [7 PL, 148pts]: Assault cannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 132pts]: Jump Pack
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Space Marine Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Chainsword
. Veteran Sergeant: 2x Lightning Claw

++ Total: [26 PL, 499pts] ++

The captain and vets stay near the others (captain provides wide buffs with the BT helm) until something is close to strike.

The dread takes care of weak big group units and punches tough guys.

The crusaders plink and take care of objectives.

+++BATTLE REPORT INCOMING+++

Shame Breacher FWs are always so unloved and weak.
That troop basic gun with a profile of S6 AP-2 is pretty sick

Isn't he the big fucking fairy right in the middle of the new DG picture?

Found an old picture of a very badly ending apocalypse game I had.

Share conversions you found recently.

+++Armageddon 27th Iron Horses+++
Pictured is my list. After last week’s game, which illustrated to me how stupidly powerful IG can be this edition, I decided to retire that list and try something more like the exact opposite of the usual conscipts/scion combo with russ support.

I went with:

>6x infantry teams
>3x Salamander scout vehicles
>1x Ogryn unit of 4
>9x mortar teams, 1x lascannon team
>Yarrick, priest, Straken, Nork, commissar, 2x captains
>1 of each assassin and an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
>A chimera for just about everything

My goal here was a melee-centric list that uses Yarrick’s reroll 1s ability, Straken’s +1 attack, the priest’s +1 attack, and the Fix Bayonets! order to get 5 attacks in melee per turn per guardsmen. Instead of sitting back and shooting, I would run right into the enemy’s face and pummel him with a hurricane of tiny fists.

They are waiting for the end of Konor were Chaos loses

One more after this

Keep going friend!

But there's 3 hours of this week's mission left and Chaos has a pretty sizable lead. Barring some last minute shenanigans, it looks like Chaos is finally on the board.

+++Tyranid Hive Fleet+++

Here is the Tyranid list. I don’t know much about their codex, but I know he took:

>a big unit of Carnifex including Old One Eye
>another sizable units of Zoanthropes
>some biovores
>a big clump of genestealers and cultists
>2 swarms of shooty gaunts
>shooty warriors
>some huge warlord that conferred FNP and respawned gaunts

Those Carnifex in particular would turn out to be a huge problem.

With Deathwatch, is it better to kit a team out with different weapons, or all the same weapons? And what are good options to take?

These make me want to have a Brotherhood of Nod squad allied to my Alpha Legion

Fuck me this is magnificent. RIP Brotherhood and CNC as a whole.

Yes, but they still haven't shown a release date for him

+++Mission+++

The rolled mission was relic, the rolled deployment was Dawn of War (I think – the 12” from table edge one). Tyranids finished deployment first and got +1, which gave them the first turn.

I threw quite a bit of terrain on the table for this one since Veeky Forums feedback last game was not enough terrain. My army was definitely shootier than his, so if anything I thought it would give the bugs a marginal advantage. I did not randomly scatter the terrain and kept it balanced instead.

Black templar tactics

+++Deployment+++

As before, I put the Salamanders on the flanks with the intent to get deployment zone points and maybe harass biovores. The nucleus of my army was the bunch of characters and the 60 infantry + Ogryns, which I intended to just throw right at him and see what happened. They all went packed into the center ready to swarm the relic. Mortars and lascannons went in the backfield with the vindicare, the Culexus tailed a vehicle in the center and the Callidus and Eversor went into reserve.

I forgot to roll to seize initiative. Because I am retarded.

>Hey guys lets have a campaign where painting gives you points
>But don't release the new models for one side until its almost over
>Oh and the more numerous side gets points for playing against itself

THANKS GEEDUBS

+++Turn 1+++

The bugs advanced in the center with almost everything, getting to within 3” of the relic. Biovores, warriors, and Zoanthropes all nuked the lascannon team right off the bat and killed all of them. A few shots were fired at the mortars, too, but only resulted in a spore mine drifting menacingly close to them.

On my turn, the Salamanders zoomed up the flanks while every single chimera emptied its passengers. 60 guardsmen and 4 Ogryns, stirred to righteous frenzy by the Ministorum priest, Yarrick’s speech over the internal vox, and Straken’s gung ho battlecry all moved right up to the insectoid menace. My lines ended up about 6-8 inches away, so I decided to direct all my shooting at the carnifexes, his warlord, and the zoanthropes lest he pick off lots of gaunt casualties to prevent the charge I wanted to get. The Vindicare landed 3 wounds on the warlord, the Eversor popped up behind the warriors, and the Zoanthropes were surprised to learn that one of them had been a Callidus all along.

The Eversor rolled well on his charge, but the warriors did better with 2 6s on overwatch that inflicted 9 wounds on the assassin. He went down like a bitch before doing anything at all. The Callidus had a bit more luck and inflicted 2 wounds on a Zoanthrope with her phase blade, conveniently ignoring their 3+ invul saves. The Culexus fared best of all and, charged by so many psykers around him, drilled 5 wounds onto Old One Eye with his animus speculum.

All the infantry made it into charge, eating about 10 casualties from 30+ overwatch shots per gaunt unit but shrugging off the losses and ramming in with 3 attack a piece. By the end of the bayonet charge I had killed maybe 20 gaunts, and the Ogryn had put 3 wounds on a carnifex.

I like this format. I will be stealing it. Also nice report so far.

Do you people hate terrain?

>Release a bunch of new Marines
>start campaign that rewards buying and painting
>space Marine Codex hits week 1
>generic CSM Codex hits week 3
>along side another space Marine Codex
>end of week 4
>CSM have literally 0 new models
>space Marines have tons
>GW is surprised the campaign isn't more balanced

Is Mono Nurgle Daemons only relevant with FW models? And where are certain models in Battlescribe (Scabeiathrax, specifically)?

+++Turn 2+++

The nids reeled from the unexpected charge of human fleshbags, withdrawing with the gaunts and Zoanthropes. Purestrain genestealers outflanked with cultists in tow and charged in on a mortar team, while the warlord bug advanced to tie up the guard infantry and cover the diminished gaunt swarms (really the casualties ended up about 50/50 at this point for the gaunt/guard melee).

Nid shooting was light since most units were falling back or in combat, but the zoanthropes nearly smote the Callidus to death, her life spared by 4 simultaneous 4+ invul saves.

The infantry took more losses, but even with morale losses kept the bugs tied up across the entire front. Old One Eye kills 3 Ogryn in a single round of combat.

1/2

3 hours left for Konor round 4. Imperium is losing on all fronts.

Here is the consequences of losing :

>At the Konorian Relay itself, Chaos forces defend their tortured wards with savage determination, unleashing blistering cascades of gunfire and artillery upon those who look to breach the basilica walls. If the Imperials cannot break through this formidable barrier, the agony of the tortured astropaths will only flare brighter, drowning Vanitor in the surging tides of the warp. Surely the damnation of the entire Konor System will swiftly follow.

Can the Imperium pull a comeback?

HERETIC

Does anyone recognize the spikey piece of the icon? I want to know if the candles are custom made but the owner's blog was effected by the recent photobucket changes.

If so, what are some good ways to make small candles?

IG is up. Those infantry squads locked in combat pull out, and those out line up into orderly ranks. Get Back in the Fight! And First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire! Orders cover the field and lasgun volleys chew up the already-depleted bug ranks and tack a few wounds on the monsters. The Culexus again takes 3 wounds on the enemy warlord, though his psykout grenade completely fails to wound. The Vindicare knock a few wounds off, too, and the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor dominates Old One Eye and tries to force him to use crushing claws on the carnifex next to him. All four attack miss. Finally, all the chimeras hear the mortar team getting torn apart behind them, turn around, and light up that terrain piece with heavy flamers, multilasers, and heavy stubbers, dropping all the genestealers but 1 and the broodlord.

The entire Imperial line charges back into melee. Straken compeltely fails to wound the warlord, and Yarrick fails to wound Old One Eye. Nork does headbutt the warlord for 3 wounds, though, yet it is not enough to fell the beast. As an afterthought I throw the attacks of my last 12 guardsmen at the thing and they take the last wound down, killing it with monoknife bayonets. victory is fleeting, though, as old One Eye gets his vengeance and lands 9 wounds on Yarrick, whose refractor field stops all but 2 of them. He fails one of his 3+ get back up rolls, which I spend a command point to reroll and he still fails it. Fuck.

2/2

>is mono x daemons only relevant with FW models?
FTFY and yes

top of a lord relictor staff from sigmar

It looks very likely Chaos will win week 4 though.

+++Aftermath+++

At this point the store is about to close, so we call it a draw. While it’s clear the battle will swing my way when one of my many character picks up the relic and just runs away with it, all my infantry and vehicles blocking for him, at this stage of the game both warlords are dead and both deployment zones are violated. We shake hands and promise to start the next game earlier should we ever play again (2 turns took almost 3 hours).

I was disappointed with the Callidus and Eversor assassins, and the Ogryn definitely didn’t do well against the carnifexes, especially Old One Eye. It seems like I should have used FRFSRF on the bugs during turn 1 instead of charging with all my infantry, which did almost as much damage to me as to him. Then again, it did invalidate many of his units, which all fell back or were locked the following turn. Altogether it was a fun gimmick to try, but I’m not convinced it’s better than just shooting those lasrifles instead.

Straken’s buff was good, but he himself didn’t do anything at all, even with his anti-monster ability. Yarrick likewise did nothing at all – really the only characters that pulled their weight were the vindicare, culexus, and Nork, who did more damage than all the officers combined just by slamming his face into the biggest bug on the table.
Fun game, but I’m hoping to actually get a full 6 turns in sometime in the future.

A couple more pics inbound.

Based off how GW tried to get Tau players to support Chaos, if Chaos wins we know what xenos will probably be in that article.
I'm kind of excited for it, I wonder what they'll pass it off as since Tau can't be everywhere like Eldar/Orks.
4th sphere shenanigans?

>two turns took 3 hours
Jesus, how many points were you playing?

I don't think I've had a game that's taken more than 3 hours to complete in full

I approve of your effort. I love your army, well painted. Thanks for the report.

Awesome, thanks!

Is Khorne wearing high heels ?

It's right in the batrep, dude. 2000 points.

Murder Heels.

its clear they just wrote one victory each for chaos/imperium for each planet and just auto-roll out the winning sides victory at the end of the week's campaign

Thanks, friend. I intend to do one or two of these per week, depending on how often I get to the store. I usually repost them on Friday or Saturday night, as well.

Can you post a bigger image of the Command Squad or the commander? need some conversion ideas

Must be blind, not seeing it.

In any case, nice battle report dude

Except Eldar would never be supported Chaos, so GW does have sides in mind

I lost my car to a wreck weeks ago. So I have not been able to fight for the Emperor during Konor beyond losing my only game I got in thanks to the Mechanicus ally believing in the wrong God.

Well here's the first dreadknight I've ever made, got it for a GMDK.

You would think with so many fucking parts it would have at least some basic leg articulation but no, of course not.

Still with a bit of a torso twist and arm positioning he at least looks a bit dynamic, which is better than the action figure pose on the box.

Leaving off the chest harness really solved the baby carrier issue for me, now he just looks like he has a big belt.

I'm debating whether I want him to have a banner (as seen attached with the Mk2 finger&thumb combo). He's my only dreadknight so it's not like he has to stand out but on the other hand a grandmaster should be ostentatious

guest starring my repulsor

Eldar would support Khorne, Nurgle, or Tzeentch in an effort to undermine Slaanesh. Play your enemy against your enemy. Somehow in some sort of forseen event, causing the Warp's attention to fall upon Ultramar and win? That might save Eldar lives in the future... who cares if some Mon'Keigh get killed by your mortal enemy because of it?

>Planet 1 Eldar helping Imperials.
>Planet 2 Ork Waaagh! attacking both sides
>Planet 3 No xenos mentioned but introduction of the planet mentioned xenos mercs with Chaos

Probably. Khorne is a fan of KISS and Ascend: Hand of Kul.

pretty sure Week 3 was deldar?

Why are all the biggest scenery pieces in your deployment zones again?

Scenery needs to be between your armies to do anything useful

What do you think of each brand of Chaos players in general, whether this be legion wise, god wise, etc?

>Apoc game on urban table with zombies

This game looks like it was thematic as fuck.

Slan and NL players are the worst
The rest are palatable

People always say their games go quickly, but I've have the opposite happen all throughout my store. They're all long as shit with only a few exceptions.

Maybe before, now they seem to be as close to allies as grimdark allies can be

Knees can be bent in pre-assembly by slicing the joint.

>NL
Forever ruined because we had at one point 3 dedicated shitposters.

Yeah, you are right.

>Drukhari Reavers had also been sighted, racing across the vast open plains in their agile skycraft. These sadistic killers revelled in the terror and confusion of the conflict, appearing from nowhere like creatures from some terrible nightmare, snatching unfortunate souls away to serve as slaves and tormented playthings.

>Slaanesh
awkward spergs or pretty alt people

>tzeentch
cool dudes and quiet hipsters

>khorne
middle-aged dadrock fans or edgelords

>nurgle
i play nurgle

So, I bought the following on a whim (had some trade credit with the store, and they don't let you keep it past a couple days), and would like to know what else would be good to build an army with it:

>2 squads Chaos Terminator
>Chaos Terminator Lord
>1 squad Rubric Marines

Give me a few minutes, they are in my car.

>dadrock

You mean best rock.

You put the thread title in the name field, so it doesn't show up when browsing through or searching.
I'm not posting in a thread started by a retard.

>infantry squads
>ogryns
>assassins
>not a single scion

Aww yiss. I have a far better opinion of you now.

None of the models in the command squad I used in this game are conversions, just vanilla models painted the same color scheme.

Yeah just noticed you used 2 Krieg models, though thanks for the photo and really nice miniatures. Gonna add them to my collection of actually painted armies from Guardfags

Coteaz has the best looking power armour in the game.

Kinda want mine back.

Chaos Predators and Havocs are never a bad choice.

Don't like the design of the Predator, but Havocs look nice. Which Legion Tactics should I use?

Alpha legion, that -1 to hit at >12" synergizes with heavy weapons very well

Iron Hands in a storm eagle
thinking 10 sternguard, a captain, 2 squads of honour guard, lieutenant and something else to fill er up
yes/no?

Alright. Would Helbrutes be a nice anti-vehicle heavy weapons platform? I really like the model design, and I've heard mixed things about them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but you have a thrid-party lady commissar model yes?

Meh. They can't get the Pred's quadlas, and their "shoot twice" only helps against the closest model, which... can put them in shifty situations. Maybe check out FW Chaos dreads.

I am seconding this question because i remembered the same thing and was actually about to ask

pretty cheap and not bad with lascannons and missiles. bring two.

They can be a decent backline artillery piece if that's your thing. I'd still recommend a Predator though, quad-las is a godsend against some of the armies I've faced and I've yet to find a situation where it's useless.

>How many colours did you use for the blade?

Black, grey, white, and green.

I primed the whole model black, then drybrushed grey and white to make all the recesses and raised areas transition from dark to light, respectively.
Used thinning medium for the nase colors to let the pre-baked lighting show throw.
So, for the blade it's just thinned out green on top of black to white drybrush transition. Hit the edges of the sword with another white drybrush to make it pop.

The Chaos Dreadnoughts look gorgeous, but are pretty expensive moneywise. I've been tempted to pick up the Alpha Legion or Black Legion frame, though.

Alright. So, beyond what I already have, if I get 2 Helbrutes, what else would I need for a solid list?