/cyoag/ CYOA General

Previous Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

www18.zippyshare.com/v/WNrkfBdQ/file.html
pastebin.com/S51nENL6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's a zip for royal revival part one and two.

www18.zippyshare.com/v/WNrkfBdQ/file.html

Updated and fixed som things. Should be more balanced.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Woke up in a cold sweat with an idea for single parent CYOA where you are the parent

Is it incest or wholesome family feels?
or both?

I'd love to see it.

so long as its not some kind of incest shit sounds great

Is CYO/u/ out yet? Any progress?

If you choose the Magic setting, is it confirmed that you can learn magic? Is there magic other than Necromancy?

It's never coming out. Just like every other author cyoa.

They always get cancelled halfway through.

reposting

Princess

High-Energy Room

Teresa

Vinian Toast

Crystal Dagger
Blood Gem
Figure Cake
>Tomboyish face, brown hair, lithe body, great abs, great ass, small breasts, tan skin

Prince Peony of Welelah

High Knight Judith
Charlotte

Combat
Defense
Crystal Mastery
Tactics
Force Magic
Manipulation
Chivalry

Shadow

Enter the Tournament - Single Combat
Help Test New Magic
Assassinate General Markus

Ceremonial
Victoria

Save Her
Marion and Crysta

I'll fight mostly unnarmed except my crystal dagger. I'll train night and day with Judith, improving my skills in order to help with the war. And come home to a nice warm bath drawn by Charlotte. My force magic will be used mostly for my unnarmed strikes. Maion and Crysta will be good companions for me to have in a battle. I'll leave the ruling to my competent sister while I lead the effort to save Teresa.

If we choose to Shadow our Mentor, do we get all three of their skills for free, or just one of them?

user has a tiny dick

What's CYO/u/?

FUCK

Times are tough. Semester just beginning, but I won't give up.

This CYOA is a bit of an experiment for me, so for the first time I'm posting a WIP.

This is the first time I've done a multi-pager, the first time I've tried to put actual graphic design into it and the first time the emphasis is almost entirely on lore and world-building. Based loosely on some hallucinations I used to suffer from.

Here's page 1 as of right now, a slow start meant to set a tone but it gets far more mechanics-heavy as it goes on.

If it's not coming across clearly, the theme I'm going for is sort of a shamanistic fantasy with tribal mythology influences.

Right now I'm debating whether to incorporate a simple stat and rolling system for dealing with a series of encounters, and wondering how I would go about making the encounters dynamic enough to justify it.

The goal here is immersion and personal involvement, I want players to visualize as much as they can and do a little creative work for themselves.

Choose Your Own User?

I was thinking of a cyoa that involves the reader doing dice rolls like it were an actual game.
Yay or nay?

Looks interesting

It could be pretty nice and interactive, though avoid going overboard with the amount of dice rolls.

Godspeed!

Just character creation and some hazards to affect the story.

Yes, it is implied that you can learn it yourself.

Right now it's meant to only be necromancy that exists but I might make a magic expansion. I don't want to go overboard, sometimes simplicity is nice.

its a yuri thing user

>High energy room
Just what I need to Make Eclan Great Again

The struggle is real

Ok

You just got an uptight bitch. There is nothing wrong with checking out a new idea (woman) so long as you don't touch it (her).

user... there is a way. A three way

Funny, it was only two threads ago that I was wondering when Beri would be back, and if he was okay.

Anyways, Optimistic, Myself, Save Her (easiest choice in the entire cyoa, honestly), and Revi/Record. Record will be useful for researching the problem, and maybe I've misunderstood what she's capable of, but she could touch Revi's crystal and help advance our understanding of Revi's powers, right? I mean, Revi's clearly only scratched the surface of her true potential. What if, with proper training and understanding of her power, she could make her reversals permanent? What if she could flip someone from sinner to saint, wicked to just? What if, instead of destroying the evil magic tainting Teresa's soul, we just...reversed it? Permanently? Sister would be happy, healthy, and whole again, and also stupidly overpowered with all that divine magic she'd be imbued with.
I mean, it's a bit of a long shot, and all it takes is Revi not being as strong as I thought to completely destroy my entire plan and make a grand fool out of me for putting all my eggs in one really stupid basket, but I've got to do something. She's my sister, I owe her everything. We'll find out if this lost cause is as lost as they say soon enough.

Oh, and I guess I'm going to try to convince the others to let me rule. I was originally going to go with what plenty of other anons have picked and choose Teresa, but I wasn't sure Eclan would be comfortable with an all-powerful God Empress, which is basically what I envision Teresa would become if Operation Lightswitch goes according to plan. That kind of power's better off defending the nation than ruling it, honestly.

It sucks looking for art of races. They're either too attractive and basically humans with colored eyes or longer ears, or they're monstrous and disgusting.

Dead thread needs waifus.

>characters in the difficulties aren't available to date
why?

Itarics hasn't gotten around/taken the time to add in more Touhous. Just like he never took the time to add in the goddesses he says he's adding to Picking-A-Goddess.

Teresa ;_;

>Difficulty
Easy the correct choice

>Touhou
Sanae

>Danmaku
Increased Strength, Natural Craftsman

>Incidents
Christmas Night

I ish there was Yukkari or Ran.

>No Yuugi

Why is Italics so cruel

Symbiobro get back in the OC mine !

>Playing on Easy
>Thinking he's going to get the good or true ending.
Damn son that's sad.

Easy

Sanae

Increased Strength
Shapeshifter

Beach Days
Christmas Night
Nursing
First Time
Wall Butt Chan

I'll die as I lived, with pride!

Italics just wants to watch the world burn.

>Symbiobro get back in the OC mine !

I'm not him user

It's not fair bro

Let's cry together user

We need a damn Magical Girl cyoa about rescuing Teresa with the power of friendship and yuri undertones

I like the look and feel of it even of im not entirely sure what the point of the various words are in the start of the first page.
Also, what's a good 3-4 word, one syllable name?

>Not just save her

Bruh why are you even here

fag

I feel stupid for not having thought of that

I'm trying but WHAT IF IT CAN'T BE DONE!?

It had better be one where I can fuck my daughter/daughteru(male)
Being the daddy that gives his darling daughter his cummies is one of my deepest fantasys.

>I'm trying but WHAT IF IT CAN'T BE DONE!?

Then you obviously aren't really trying user, Those fairies give you a few ways to save her easy pz

Record is useful for sure but I don't think there's a guaranteed method to save her. Gotta try, of course, but it's a long shot.

Come on user you only have to pick soul and withdraw and then Defeat teresa in a one on one combat and then when she dies let the evil spread to someone else before reviving her

B-but what if I chose to be a guy after I've been revived?

Why would you do that?

>Your offspring will inherit some of yours and your companions' physical and mental state
Lamarckism? What is this, 1804?

>Record is useful for sure but I don't think there's a guaranteed method to save her. Gotta try, of course, but it's a long shot.

Then I'll tell you the three ways I found that will work

Soul+Revi- Stab big sis Teresa in the heart causing both souls to be expelled and then capture both and use revi to crazy diamond your sis's body and re implant her soul and destroy the evil spirit whatshisface. And if Revi repair the damage done to big sis swap Revi with Crea to make sis a new body

Use law to command that spirit that took over sis not try to take over anyone else and command him to leave

And the last one is a sure fire way to save sis and stop demon man for good. Have Revi and soul ready and then you mortally wound yourself and afterwards you stab big sis and force him out of the body and into yours and then have the soul witches kill you both which should be easier since you would be already weakened and as you drag him into the void.

That's three ways I've given you user so save her, so at least try

That's a good plan (that has a good chance of going catastrophically wrong but still)

>being a boy
absolutely haram

It's not a crime if it's consensual and she's of age, user. Just sexy, sexy taboo.
Also, if you could go to jail based entirely on fantasies and daydreams, these threads, hell maybe even this website would be reduced to nothing but three purity fags arguing over who's Waifu had the least physical contact with another man in her life to prove that their Waifu is most virginy virgin.

I thought I might get to marry Teresa

The idea is that new concepts and information are being fed to you so rapidly and in such a bizarre way that you can't get a good grasp of their relevance or meaning yet. Think of it like being forced to read the mind of a schizophrenic druid.

I guess /b/ would have a special place in hell then?

You chose to discard Teresa like a used napkin.
This is your fault.

Plans 1 and 3 are good (though 1's risky). I don't think 2 works. Law can't just command people arbitrarily. They have to be legally under his service.

Because incest, you nigger

You monster

Your the king, Every soul that lives in the empire is under your service

>your

Your mama

>Incest
>Not lesbian incest

When was this released? How did I miss it? Is it good?

>When was this released?
Last thread.
>How did I miss it?
I dunno.
>Is it good?
Duh.

Yesterday.
By not being in all thread.
No idea but retards say it's edgy.

Is this a finished OC or in progress. I don't particularly like Touhou but this seems really small

Got kinda bored with numbers, so I decided to write a bit of the DLC
>Iron Blood

>Nobody knows what actually happened, but one day, staff of a SF research polygon was found dead and its local top ranking core androids missing.
>Several days after that, SF's drone network was hijacked and one of the missing core androids appeared in one of the international courts, aiming to sue SF and military for enslavment of sentient beings and demanding cessession of property and assests as compensation.
>To everyone's shock, she won, creating rumors that she had blackmail on both defenders, or that GF, the company that proceeded to establish connections with them, had something to do with the whole mess.

>Regardless of the cause, this course case nearly bankrupted SF and forced the military to implant into civilian androids, giving them sentience and citizenship and drafting them with the same benefits as human soldiers. Not to mention the big cultural and legal shift that remains repressed due to war.
Page 1 for those who doesn't know the context

Its in-progress. Italics updates his waifu cyoas over time. The goddess cyoa is still being updated, but the first version had only 4 goddesses and nothing else, now it has over 50 goddesses.

Ahh got it, he subscribed to modular design for his cyoa's (That is to say he gets the bare minimum then adds features when he can.)

Thanks for telling me

>tfw you're not good enough to be in an author waifu CYOA
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>RYOAs
nay

>namefags and those who encourage them

>Deepest lore
Nice.

The rest of it, if you are curious.

AAAAAAAAAA

Forgot the link Its more of mechanics than lore though
pastebin.com/S51nENL6

Ah, mechanics and gadgets are finally taking shape. Will enemies have gadgets too?

Yeah. The problem with gadgets is that DLC mechanics were the planned ones, but people said that turn based gameplay is too complex for a cyoa, so I made mission points instead.

But that left gadgets without a use until DLC

>Right now I'm debating whether to incorporate a simple stat and rolling system for dealing with a series of encounters
Stats? Perhaps. Rolling? Please no.

So the turn based gameplay is DLC?

Yeah. You'll have a map of nodes connected to each other that you must travel to reach boss and turn based combat where you have front and backline, 4 classes and gadgets as once per battle skills.

Someone post branching hearts before I go fucking ballistic

If you need to buy lower tiers (so buy tier 2 before you can buy tier 1), does that mean costs are cumulative? So I say "prices are per tier"?
Or should I say "the price of tier 2/3 includes the lower tiers"?

It kinda sounds hard to make it work properly but i would lie if i was not excited.

Sure.

No, it's my notes for Apocalypse.

Already exists, you nig.