Gamefinder thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

"Is it gamefinder, game finder, or game-finder" edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41145
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=410434
discord.gg/hy34mQr
discord.gg/qUDyCZG
app.roll20.net/join/2315169/R6_lZg
discord.gg/Q33sCte
imgur.com/a/1RJSS
1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG
discord.gg/EABVkWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Game Finder.

bump

I've made this thread and I'll be damned if I just let it drop without at least one of you fuckwits posting an ad

I gotchu

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Starship Troopers, little experience required
Monday around 7-8pm EST is the start
Discord voice and roll20
>Contact Info
Syrenthra#6139
>Additional Notes
This is a test run for me as I'm new to DMing but this is looking to become a larger campaign. Starship troopers RPG is heavily combat focused if you don't know the setting somehow.
We have already started but due to the nature of SST, new recruits are always welcome to join, I have a platoon level system so levels will remain somewhat closer for new characters.

I'm waiting for that guy who said he'd do a sotdl game.

Thanks man.

>2 AM for Europeans
Damn. I wish you luck, the Starship Troopers universe is dope.

What time are Yuro's usually around? Considering running something just for them

At least in my case, starting the session between 4 to 8 PM CEST is usually the ideal time during weekdays.

Other Euro here. That's 2-3 hours too late for me

4 to 8 PM CEST is 2-3 hours too late for you? Or 7-8 PM EST?

Someone should run a WoD game

Both with 7-8pm EST being very late, and 4-8pm CEST being a bit late if I wanna get up at 6.
Maybe I shouldn't be the standard tough

Other Euro here who has to get up at 6, you're not in the minority. I've found that the ideal starting time is 5 PM CEST, with 6 and 4 PM being acceptable.

Every time I run a WoD game for Veeky Forums I get min maxing fucktards.

Ya'll are awful players.

>minmaxing
>bad

I never played WoD so I have no idea how to min/max

Fear not cadet, I hope to expand into a west march style for sessions at different times so others can join.

So punish them in game for it? Or hell if the issue is abilities cap them at two dots for creation.

How min maxy are we talking?

I usually have my characters be good at certain things

But also in WoD I'm a fan of having 1 in an attribute and being real bad at something. Like lying. Or lifting.

>GM
>P6 Pathfinder

Now I know the flaws of Pathfinder, I am aware of the power-creep, and the incessant niggling at any setting's tone that is the vast choice of archetypes, subraces and feats provided to players, and through a few home rulings, along with the P6 system, I hope to rectify this. This game will be as low fantasy a Pathfinder game can be. Characters will never be all powerful god-like beings, and, though they may exert considerable influence in the sandbox of the game, the majority of any power you will wield beyond that of a level six character will be earned through questing, power-base building, Intrigue and War.

>Method of Play

We're playing this in a forum, as play by post, to allow me to more easily plan out an expansive sandbox. I find playing live limits the ability of the party to spread out across the world and to build the networks and institutions central to a good open sandbox, and the use of play by post opens the game to anyone with a passable skill in English, and the time to type a few paragraphs of post.

>Contact Info

Herodian#8278 on Discord, for immediate contact, or the actual game forums on Mythweavers for applications and related questions.

Said Mythweaver's Forums; myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41145

>Additional Notes

The game is an expansive Sandbox, set in a mid/low fantasy world of my own creation. The setting draws from all over history, and from many other low fantasy settings, but, I hope, is more than unique enough to keep you all occupied. All sorts of pursuits abound in the world, and all sorts of threads have been laid for you to follow, from exploring ancient Forest-Folk ancestor-temples to aiding the beleaguered Imperial forces to push back an oncoming Elven Warpath. I will try my best to cater for whatever aim your character has, and I look forward to expanding the world ever onward as players come and go. If this sounds like your kind of thing, come have a look.

For those without a Mythweaver's account, this link may work better
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=410434

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Ryuutama
Euro evenings, TBD
Discord (with or without voice), unless someone has a better idea.
>Contact Info
discord.gg/hy34mQr
>Additional Notes
Ryuutama is a fairly light game with a focus on traveling and resource management that's sort of like a ghibli oregon trail. I'm planning on running this as a cooperative worldbuilding thing, with main plothooks coming from player characters. Aiming for 3-5 players.

This is my first time advertising for a game so I might have missed something crucial.

>through a few home rulings, along with the P6 system, I hope to rectify this.
Honestly, why not just learn one of the systems that does what you want instead of hammering pathfinder into something that will, at best, only kinda work?

Reminder that LCD periodically tries to recruit for a stupid AdEva setting that's a ripoff of x-com. Don't let yourself get suckered.

>GM/Player
GM.
>System Preferred
Cyberpunk 2020 (Homebrew setting with quite a bit of houserules).
Pacific Standard Time, but sporadic. Will explain more below.
Roll20 text.
>Contact Info
KZh#6787 on Discord.
>Additional Notes
First and foremost, I'm looking to run a sort of "West Marches" game. Meaning that there's not exactly times set for sessions, and not necessarily everyone will have to attend every session. The reason I'm doing this is for one, I think it's a cool idea, and two my work schedule is sporadic and an absolute bitch to schedule consistently for. The "Play when people are on" method could very well help me alleviate the horrible times my job gives me.

Second the setting I'm using is something I wrote up over the past month and then some. It's very traditional cyberpunk, with only a few deviations here and there on tech things. Expect Shadowrun-esque (for lack of a better term) missions structures and of course some more character-focused scenes as well.

The setting PDF is attached to the post, if anyone wants to give it a look over before messaging me to join. I know it's not the greatest work of fiction on the planet, but I'm far far far from a professional writer.

It's foreword, not forward.

I'll change that right now. I guess the lack of proofreading is something I should have mentioned as well.

2nd person waiting for SotDL

also interested in WoD

Only join this game if you wanna be apart of the absolute worst squad in the mobile infantry and lose a limb on your first mission.

You can't just leave it at that. I basically only lurk here for the drama, so spill the beans.

Worst as in, we get shit rolls thanks to roll20. and got fucked up and are an embarrassment to all fake imaginary soldiers everywhere.

What's this west marches thing people keep referencing?

It's a style of game where there are no set times for sessions. It's a sort of come as you are thing, where you play when you can regardless of pre-scheduled things. Why I'm doing it, as I mentioned before, is because scheduling with a minimum wage job is a real hassle.

A bunch of players come together and say "We want to go to X," then try and find a GM that will run X for them. While might seem like a good idea, what happens 9/10 times is the group balloons to 30+ members with only 2-3 GMs to go around, leading to most of the time people begging for someone to GM for them like player ads ITT.

I'm willing to try and buy into this. I'll post an application sometime this week. I'm not super great at creating optimized pathfinder characters or anything though. I'm going to read though all the lore posts first.

Sweet. Are you planning on doing that soon™, or is it just a long-term thing that might happen?

Because the sandbox needs players to function well, and there aren't enough people playing other systems, at least on myth-weavers, to provide for the game.
I'm very glad to hear that, and any lack of skill in optimization is only appreciated. I hope you find the lore interesting.

>GM or Player
DM
>System(s)
D&D 5e +
Anything not in Core PHB requires my A-OK approval
>Time availability
Every Sunday at NOON (EST / GMT -4)
>Text or Voice
Voice in Discord
>Contact Information
Discord: discord.gg/qUDyCZG & @dnd
Roll20: app.roll20.net/join/2315169/R6_lZg
>Additional Information
it says Part 7 because its the 7th Campaign I've ran doing Dark Fantasy Dungeon Crawlers
you haven't missed anything don't worry

Basically a really edgy bloodborne ripoff where the players are hunters fighting beasts

any and all are welcome to attend
I require 4+ people for a session to start

@ Me in Discord when you get in, and I'll get you your roles & sheets

>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
I have no real preference, i am open for most,
But i have already played:
CoC, D&D 3.5, Deadlands, Edge of the Empire, Fate Accelerated, VtM/V20, Savage Worlds, Shadowrun and probably a few more i can't remember of the top of my head.

Sunday afternoons Central European Time

Skype/Discord/Roll20 all work for me

>Contact Info
[email protected]

>Additional Notes
I know this is all quite vague, but as the time slot available is so narrow i rather hedge my bets. I'd generally prefer a not too crunchy system and a less combat oriented campaign, though.
English isn't my first language and while i comprehend it quite well i don't get a chance to actually speak it. And by the way, i wouldn't mind playing in my mother tongue, German, either. (Aber um Gottes willen kein DSA!)

>GM/Player
Player

>System Preferred
D&D 3.5e or 5e. Pathfinder is also fine.

Monday through Friday 4 to 10 PM (GMT+1) Sunday 2 to 11 PM GMT+1 is fine as well.
My schedule is fairly flexible.

Discord or Roll20 preferable. Audio and text are both fine.

>Contact Info
SL#4591

>Additional Notes
I have very little experience with tabletop RPGs aside from a campaign in M&M3e, so I'm still quite new to the hobby.
That being said, I'm quick on the uptake and diligent about knowing the rules and mechanics, so hit me up if you need a player.

if your schedule and setting were different, it'd be different

>setting
not that user but why do you have a problem with the setting?

I think they've put a lot of effort into the setting, but don't feel that 2020 lends itself well to a semi-post apoc style game. I mean, I love the context of Fulda Gap kicking off (and personally feeling like it started the domino chain of other conflicts). Just don't think that it translates well at all.

As an aside there was mention of houserules but the PDF lacks them (unless I'm blind).

It's not semi-post apocalyptic. The tech level is the same as that of 2020, society has restructured, etc. Outside of the cities is full mad max, but it's the same in 2020's setting with nomads. The constant warring is inspired by When Gravity Fails, and that setting is more apocalyptic than mine (Considering in that setting borders and regimes change nearly daily).

It depends on how my class and other things go this semester. I might end up getting so much going on I will have to postpone my current SST one and even drop from the others I'm part of.

I hope none of that happens, but assuming the absolute worst case, I would be free of school come January and would pick up playing then. I don't feel I will abandon this whole endeavor as I need time to come up with my own military campaigns to run after the premade anyway so I would do it during that break.

I made a discord server for potentially interested people, it will be just a hangout where I can post updates for anyone that is willing to wait for my Starship Trooper Game.
discord.gg/Q33sCte

i would assume the gm would tell the players in game no? as for the worldbuilding stuff, the setting taking place after ww3 is a thing a lot of cyberpunk settings do (gits for example)

Why have I see this ad for a month straight now? Is no one really joining it or is there some sort of problem with the DM itself?

I don't know there was this poor guy who wanted to play Mutant Epoch, and I think he's been advertising for two month or so.

When a player advertises for a rare game, it's not odd (like myself still searching for BoL!) but when a GM has been advertising for like a month it makes one wonder.

Would just like to add that the captcha pic is from a place I lived. Creepy.

I'm not the GM, but it seems like the game is one of those West Marches kind of games. Not really a faun of the myself.

I only have 9 players, maybe that's enough but I'm used to dealing with groups of 20+
(Not at the same time obviously)
ALSO, There are now Friday Sessions as well at 8pm
imgur.com/a/1RJSS

also not it's not west marshes FFS
I got a jackass comparing it to that 2 weeks ago too. Nothing like West Marshes I don't even know what West Marshes is please stop

How do you even play with 20 people, if not with a West Marshes style kind of game?

half of them can't make every session, and some can only make Fridays and other only SUndays, some both. Some people can't make most but they'd like to drop in every now and again.
I'm very accommodating as long as I know what you (the player) wanna do

sounds like West Marshes to me

>west marshes
This triggers my inner autist every time I see it. Its West MarCHes. From the term march/mark used in medieval Europe to refer to some kind of borderland; giving us the titles such as Marquess/Marchioness and all that good shit.

West Marshes just sounds like some retard talking about a swamp over yonder.

It takes place in a swamp, doesn't it?

This is now full.

West Marshes was 2015
I've been doing this since 2014
checkmark, autists

> i've been a hipster since before hipster was a word
> therefore i'm not a hipster

I need to play mutants and masterminds.

This is important.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Pathfinder
Saturday, starting 8 AM Pacific
Maptool
>Contact Info
Discord: cAPSLOCK567#3515
>Additional Notes
Need a player or two more to fill out the group. Voice OOC, text IC. Kingdom focused campaign (though we're NOT using the kingdom building rules). Level 10 currently

>>GM
e
pm central time Fridays
>>roll20/discord mostly voice
>>billy#6679
>>need to replace inconsistent players, ravenloft setting, the heroes are involved in an undead siege of the city they are occupying. we may or may not continue with the current campaign depending on the circumstances of the replacement. (heroes are level 3)

>GM/Player
either is fine
>System Preferred
CoC (any time period is fine, incl Delta green) Runequest/Mythras, any 40k game
saturday evenings, I'm on gmt -3
roll20 and discord. I don't have a mic
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
Looking to play CoC mostly. I don't mind being GM if there's no one else available. I've only done this once before

>Not using Kingdom building rules sub system

What the fuck is the point of playing a kingdom based game then?

Is there anyone out there doing a battletech campaign at all, really want to get into it but boy if finding people is a tough one.

Wait for HB to release the Battletech video game, that's sure to drum up interest.

isnt that like over a year from now. i might be dead by then, who knows

This one's a hell of a Hail Mary. Wanna play that Super Mario RPG build but can't find anyone to try it.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG
(It's a pretty simple one altogether)
>Times available
Mon-Wed before 3PM EST, most nights after 10:30PM EST
(If I find an actual group we can work out a time together)
>Method of Play
Preferably Discord text
>Contact Info
juliansg16#4450
>Additional Notes
I already have like 2 or 3 campaign ideas ready, and I'd have the players vote on which one they wanna tackle.

Being able to have fun running a kingdom without using poorly balanced and wonky rules and instead taking more narrative approach like people would do before the crappy KB rules came out.

thank you

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Starfinder
Friday nights or Sunday afternoons preferred, EST.
Roll20, possibly Discord to coordinate.
>Contact Info
ChanJ#1559
>Additional Notes
Going to give Starfinder a try with the stock setting. Details to be determined by what people want.

>GM/Player
Player posting on behalf of GM.
>System
Dark Heresy 2e
>Time Played
Mondays, 5pm EST
Discord for OOC/IC stuff, Roll20 for rolls.
>Contact Info
Contact the GM on their Discord @ FestinaLente#0295
>Additional Notes
This is a repost with some more information.
We have a group of four players, and a GM, and we're looking for a fifth to replace a player that had to drop due to scheduling conflicts; we're looking for the new player to fill a hole in our party composition: A Battle Sister (part of a trio in the party). This game involves advanced character creation.
This is a lewd game. The SoB from our order are futas.

Please check you pending friend requests

what are the kinks?

Would that be around 2 or 3 PM on Sundays?

Please lead with the dealbreaking faggot trash in the future, so I don't get my hopes up, you degenerate.

>GM/Player|
Player
>System Preferred
Dark heresy/5e/Shadowrun?
10am-10pm (GMT+10)
roll20 or discord preferably. Skype and other online tools are possible
>Contact Info
Moose#5819
>Additional Notes
First time player. I will likely need a hand with character creation
Willing to play what the group needs
Comfortable with /lewd/ games when it's all text
Would play a grill for a lewd game
Rabid anti-furtard. Cannot get along with catgirls, kitsune and the like

Would you play a guy for a lewd game?

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
3.P and 5e, but I'll play close to anything if I have someone willing to teach me the system.
Pretty much always, PDT
Discord
>Contact Info
Dumbo#4586
>Additional Notes
Rather new to tabletop games, you might have to bear with me for a bit.

Sure. I honestly do more erp and that is what leads me to wanna try proper adventure shit. The exact nature of guy will vary depending on content and who I'm gonna lewd.

I've sent you a friend request on Discord.

Also, thread bump.

Better to contact the GM than discuss them here.

That's the formula for posting an ad. Sorry if your feelings got hurt I guess.

How did your friend's funeral go?

No idea what you're referring to.

Oh, I guess you were just lying and flaked on several games using that excuse after going dark for several days then.

You've got the wrong person m8.

Wow.

I only come to Gamefinder threads to play "Spot the mental illness" these days, TBQH senpai

They're the DM. I'm not.

desu flakers should be condemned like the faggots they are. Gamefinder is full of them and the more people know who they are the better.

One-off post to remind people that flaking from a campaign makes you a shit person unless you have a damn good reason and if you're not enjoying the game give the GM a week's notice to write you out and find another and don't go awol or cook up some shitty clearly fake tragedy.

t. someone who's been GMing for this fucking community for almost 4 years

Since someone above was disappointed earlier, I'm going to start with the bad news.

This is not a fully fletched out world. Currently, I've been mulling over the idea for an hour, unlike all the other 6-months to 2-year worldbuilding some games advertise themselves as.

Secondly, I'm a bit of a flake. I've tried to create a Blue Rose game here on GF in the past, and I never got past the initial period before disbanding the game in a week. I'm also purely motivated by others, so activity and interest from players helps keep me interested in DM'ing.

With that said, I'm thinking about DM'ing! On Roll20. D&D 5th ed.

Because I own all of the books and it's the game I've most recently (In the last 8 months?) played the most, so I feel the most comfortable DM'ing it. The game will be nearly purely text-based, with some inkarnate maps constructed and stock image abuse. Combat maps will either be prepared in advanced or on the spot with basic, crappy drawing skills provided by me.

Right, that's all the bad news.

The setting would be inspired by Terry Pratchett's Discworld, most notably by the game taking place on an actual Discworld instead of a planet. It's also going to be high-magic, heroic fantasy with a splash of Grimdark. I'm thinking that the BBEG has already won and is ruling the Discworld, and the party will be simply trying to live under his/her reign. Or it could take on a similar approach as the RPG Tyranny did.

If this sounds interesting, dumb a post here or something.

For you, baby, it could be.

Depends when people want it. That time's fine by me personally.

Send you an request.

>clearly fake tragedy

Eat my asshole. Someone did die and I don't need to post a fucking death certificate to bow out of your fucking campaign.

There's a Gamefinder Discord! Click the link to join!

discord.gg/EABVkWQ