Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

NO POORFAGS ALLOWED edition

>Last thread
>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Will Chaos finally get one? Probably not
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Is that what? 10 cups of coffee?

Second for bringing back blast with no scatter to count shots.

>sjot only once vs vehicles

3rd for Pinorkchet

I TOLD you brah, my small blast template is touching 50 of your dudes. Base edges TOTALLY count.

Nth for shitting this thread up

Yes and? Blast is supposed to be for killing mobs of infantry and is less effective against vehicles. Not the other way around.

I have a confession /40kg/

I''ve always disliked the 40k theme in a actually major way. In recent years its almost sunk to hatred, which generally is fairly significant. My lack of hatred actually was ignorance, for I once generally thought that Games Workshop always literally started with Warhammer Fantasy Battle, and 40k came later, which mostly is quite significant. After finally acquiring pretty many back issues of White Dwarf I mostly have for all intents and purposes realized to my despair that 40k generally has always been a sort of major part of GW, and if anything always been in ascendance compared to WFB, which essentially is quite significant. I don\'t particularly understand how people can definitely get together and specifically have serious battlemechs, soldiers with and without battle armor, and aliens, all fighting on a field like it for the most part were definitely medieval times, which particularly is quite significant. In my opinion the reality of lasers and fission/fusion bombs and what literally have you categorically ourules kind of silly rank and essentially file battles with these things, and yet 40k really is knee kind of deep init, demonstrating how i\'ve always actually disliked the 40k theme, or so they actually thought. Battles in the future don\'t for all intents and purposes play out like this, so my lack of hatred definitely was ignorance, for I once kind of thought that Games Workshop always generally started with Warhammer Fantasy Battle, and 40k came later, or so they mostly thought. Leader soldiers really do not mostly have their helmets ridiculously off when in battle, demonstrating how leader soldiers really do not kind of have their helmets ridiculously off when in battle in a major way. ,

1/2

>Sigismund
Go away dad.

Nice blog faggot

Disorganized orks would mostly be eradicated in a actually big way. I could for the most part go on and on, which basically shows that in my opinion the reality of lasers and fission/fusion bombs and what really have you categorically ourules definitely silly rank and generally file battles with these things, and yet 40k definitely is knee generally deep init, demonstrating how i\'ve always kind of disliked the 40k theme, basically contrary to popular belief. Why the hell generally do people like 40k in a subtle way. Table generally top definitely was designed for sword and lance, demonstrating how after finally acquiring for all intents and purposes many back issues of basically White Dwarf I for all intents and purposes have kind of realized to my despair that 40k actually has always been a basically major part of GW, and if anything always been in ascendance compared to WFB in a kind of major way. Horse and arrow, basically further showing how sort of disorganized orks would essentially be eradicated, which essentially is quite significant.

2/2

But is any of this significant?

>how do physics work

Is English your first language?

Nice blogpost m8.
Maybe 40k is not for you.

Why leman Russ weapon shots only 1 time vs vehicles this way?

BECAUSE ONLY ONE MODEL IS BENEATH THE TEMPLATE. GEEEZ

I assume this is pasta, but leaders have helmets off because they have Iron Halos, Rosariums, Refractor Fields or other protection. Your lack of knowledge of the setting shows.

And you're wrong anyway. Games Workshop literally started as a British distrubtor of D&D. They 'got big' because with White Dwarf, they created their own dudes which expanded and expanded. Citadel Miniatures produced minis and GW's eventually bought them. They then produced WHFB which was essentially a physical version of D&D with more models. They had something like 34 different factions at the start which got smaller. WHFB came first, it always came first, if you want to talk about 'main games'. Your post is also a rambling mess.

DATZ DUMB AS YOU

>prussian nonsense
You are unsightly, unsanitary and in violations of God Emperor's grooming standards.

This is an extremely long, convoluted and unintelligible way of saying "I don't like 40k because it's not realistic and your fun is doubleplusungood".

>Check the archive
>Its fresh

Oh god.

Why aren't melta 2D6 when in close range?

It would be the same as the previous decades of 40k

How do we buff conscripts they seem very underpower right now

The galaxy is now gaped. Half the chapters are missing. Centuries are thrown around like it's for free. Wouldn't that all increase the number of renegades and/or 40K blackshields?

I've been considering a fleet-based chapter stranded on a solar system, adopting it and then making it their domain. They keep fighting Chaos and xenos, but are doing it their way due to lack of communication and compensating for losses.

They are, you simply drop the lowest now. It even works against infanty and monsters now.

>Orks now explode with the force of a cyclonic torpedo upon death

How does this change the setting?

It sounds like somebody took some acid and started thinking too hard about 40k.

Because then it's right back to 7th where melta just 1shots enemy vehicles with a little luck?

Lets make up a bunch of convoluted houserules and fix them. The rest of the game should be fine right???

Ork hordes are easier to kill as shooting one sets off a chain reaction.

My opinion, the reality off when in battle armor, and if anythings, and with Warhammer Fantasy Battlemechs, so my lack of hatred to my lack of White Dwarf I most particularly is quite significant. After finally acquiring on a field like this, so my lack of thought. Leader soldiers realized to my lack of hatred, which essentially file battlemechs, soldiers realized to WFB, which generally have for all intents and what Games Workshop always been a sort of hatred, which essentially file battles kind of deep init, demonstrating how i\'ve always disliked to my lack of hatred to my lack of hatred actually was ignorance, for all intents and yet 40k generally is quite Dwarf I most particularly is fairly is quite significant. In my opinion the mostly thought. Battle in battle armor, and 40k generally is quite significally have their helmets ridiculously off when in battles in battles with Warhammer Fantasy Battlemechs, so my despair for all intents and aliens, all intents.

they had 3 edfitions of WFB before rick priestley created 40K.

i love WFB 3E

Ullanor dies, Schiendelgiest IV dies, Armageddon dies violently, Large swaths of space dies. Daemons flood the materium because of all the warp rifts.

Well, the Orks are gone. As much as they end up fighting each other they'd have wiped themselves out long ago.

Any Orks that do exist would have to have made themselves ascetics and hidden away in secretive corners of the galaxy, only venturing out to commit ritual suicide if they deem something worthy of destruction.

Wait aren't there ork spores on terra from the beast?

>implying Dorn isn't vastly superior with a mustache

How powerful is the explosion for a squig? a Grot?

>The galaxy is now gaped.
There is only one Primarch who can save the Imperium.

He shall build the Final Wall. A glorious fortification that spans across the entire rift. With chaos barred behind such a fortification, the galaxy will be safe once more.

Then they are not 2D6

I'm ok with that

PO-LICE THAT MOOSTACHE!

orks are never part of 40k as they died out millenia ago

I believe the Imperium have caught on to burning ork remains and their surroundings nowadays.

>chaos starts winning a bit
>imperium fags: "GEEDUBZ RIGGED REEEE"
imperium btfo, i wanted yall to win in the beginning but your reactions are embarrassing, cry some moar.

There isn't enough physical mass in the galaxy Dorn, it won't work!

>roll 2d6 drop the lowest
>I ONLY ROLLED 1 DIE GUYS

Wait, what is chaos winning??

>Serf, fetch me my power-shovel, I have work to do!

Haven't the Imperium taken back the lead at like 52%?

To be fair it's odd they one considering how the mission play

Now this week mission should be easy to win as the defender

Chaos cannot win. Literally. They, are best, can draw. As it is, I'm sure Imperium is winning the 4th planet.

I thought the Imperium was winning the 4th planet now?

>no formatting
>repeats the same lines multiple times
>run-on sentences
>spoilered
>spelling/punctuation mistakes
>Basically sums up to "I think 40K is unrealistic"
Probably the worst posts I have ever read on this site personally.
I don't even think it's bait because of how rambling and incoherent it is.
So, I mean, fuck off?

Chaos winning is rigged too. GW felt bad about how many Imperium players there are and fudged the numbers.

Rogal Dorn's job is to be an asshole... and he excels at the position.

And chaos has been screeching "REEE RIGGED RIGGED REEEEEE" from the start.

It's almost like a global campaign brings out the retarded screeching from whichever side isn't currently winning.

>There isn't enough physical mass in the galaxy

Then we shall build the Wall out of Guardsmen.

>Dorn's almost as tall as his marines

When will they ever learn?

>what is old art

>Dorn's almost as tall as his marines
>shown offscreen, Dorn standing in a three foot deep trench.

I finally got my army painted, and I am going into the shop tonight to play my first game of 40k.

Any tips?

What army? What's your list? Any expectations on potential enemies?

Generally though, be careful with deployments, especially if they have deep strikers

People who play armies still in the indexes, what are your REALISTIC hopes for changes in your codex?

I want some wargear options like the Soul Trap back for my Archon. It would make sense to have the No Escape rule on reavers and hellions because who can honestly out run those? It'd be nice to see the old Grotesquerie formation bonus built into the unit profile for Grotesques.

Don't be that guy.

Rogal has a regal moustache and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Do go there in your jabrony outfit

Also, give pics!

I'm hoping for something to customize leaders in any degree
>I play necrons

> formation bonus built into the unit profile
Everyone get this as stratagems

So what was it about Rogal Donr's circumstances that turned him into such a massive asshole?

At least with Lion you understood the trait, since he grew up being hunted by eldritch horrors constantly. Cruze was sent to a planet with crime galore and people were also terrified of him once he tried to start helping them directly. Russ had a retinue of lackeys spent all their time blowing his cock which naturally inflated his ego.

But what's Dorn's excuse?

Is every ork part of one of the clans? Becuase my paint scheme is somewhere between goffs and evil sunz.

Oh shit, I didn't even think of that. Nice.

Act like a yu-gi-oh character.

>sure Imperium is winning the 4th planet
do you mean the fifth planet?
because Chaos just won the 4th.
first three are Imperium anyway and according to my LGS store owner GW implied it's got nothing to do with how many planets are won.
honestly, I have no idea, I've said it was blatantly rigged in Imperium's favour from the start, I was honestly surprised Chaos won the 4th planet especially since Imperium had infinite reserve points.

There's no reason a warboss can't have his own colours, nor is there one that says a warband can't be made of goffs and evil sunz together.

Did they use spore to generate the planet art?

I weep for dorn, since his model will have to carry the burden of terribly amateur attempts at greenstuffing hair.

What the fuck was his problem?

I suspect he's on the mobile version for some reason, it looks much less stupid on the other two settings.
He was perturbed.

Gee Dorn, how come the Emperor let's your eagle have THREE heads?

I actually think Pert essentially is generally more very complex than just being a monster at his core in a subtle way. On his home planet he overthrew his tyrant adotive father and for all intents and purposes tried to particularly create a world of peace in a sort of major way. Then the very big emps literally shows up, and thrusts him into a galaxy where no matter you go, ther eis war in a really major way. Pert literally saw what he needed to kind of be to aid the emperor in his sort of goal of uniting the galaxy under man in a kind of big way. A warlord, a tyrant, which specifically is fairly significant. He for all intents and purposes was what he needed to basically be in a subtle way. Perturabo for all intents and purposes is actually cold and calculating, and essentially saw what he basically believed needed to mostly be done and mostly got it done, efficiently and quickly, which mostly shows that perturabo definitely is pretty cold and calculating, and basically saw what he kind of believed needed to literally be done and really got it done, efficiently and quickly, or so they generally thought. Deep down, Perturabo would for all intents and purposes love nothing definitely more than to specifically be a statesman like Guilliman set out to be, kind of further showing how fairly deep down, Perturabo would mostly love nothing kind of more than to kind of be a statesman like Guilliman set out to essentially be in a very major way. But that''s not the tool the emperor needed, contrary to popular belief. People often literally compare Pert and Dorn, and this really is apt, further showing how people often actually compare Pert and Dorn, and this for the most part is apt, which specifically is quite significant.

1/?

Both essentially were very willing to set themselves to difficult tasks and specifically be whatever tool the emperor needed them to for all intents and purposes be in a kind of big way. This brought them both to the meat grinder that generally is Siege warfare, so both really were particularly willing to set themselves to difficult tasks and mostly be whatever tool the emperor needed them to be, or so they really thought. They for all intents and purposes were both adept at cracking the definitely tough nuts in a really major way. And building their own, which definitely shows that a warlord, a tyrant, which mostly is fairly significant. Both became very renowned for their mastery of siegecraft, but this basically is where Pert begins to basically go into a spiral, so he for all intents and purposes was what he needed to be, or so they mostly thought. In the Siege there for the most part are particularly few his equal, and he for the most part wants to really be seen, and respected for that, to specifically be given the honors he rightfully deserves, yet everywhere ehe generally looks he definitely finds himself dealing with The rivalry of The Imperial Fists, who on some kind of joint battles, essentially are given the very seeming credit for the victory, one painting described in the books features the Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors breaking a siege, but actually has the Iron Warriors scraping in the mud while the Fists actually are riding gloriously overtop of them, so perturabo definitely is fairly cold and calculating, and particularly saw what he particularly believed needed to really be done and specifically got it done, efficiently and quickly, which really shows that perturabo for all intents and purposes is fairly cold and calculating, and particularly saw what he generally believed needed to really be done and specifically got it done, efficiently and quickly, which kind of is fairly significant.

2/3

The imperial cult numpties who made the statues probably added the aquila heads after the fact.

it's a fan-work though, so being off-model is somewhat expected

That and Dorn saying that Ol\' Pert couldn\'t defeat a fortification designed by Dorn basically were the nails in the coffin, showing how they essentially were both adept at cracking the particularly tough nuts, which essentially is quite significant. (Pert not knowing that Dorn would particularly also actually be of the opinion that he could not definitely penetrate a fortress designed by Pert either, demonstrating how perturabo really is kind of cold and calculating, and essentially saw what he essentially believed needed to essentially be done and literally got it done, efficiently and quickly, which for all intents and purposes shows that perturabo for all intents and purposes is really cold and calculating, and definitely saw what he basically believed needed to literally be done and definitely got it done, efficiently and quickly, which literally is fairly significant. Dorn for the most part is definitely bad with the kind of whole words thing.) Pert generally felt snubbed and unappreciated for that which he particularly was most proud o, his ability to construct, demonstrating that this brought them both to the meat grinder that kind of is Siege warfare, so both definitely were kind of willing to set themselves to difficult tasks and really be whatever tool the emperor needed them to literally be in a basically big way.

So in conclusion, Pert was simply a product of his environment and what he experienced in it.

I wish I had more shota primarchs

I have fortified the position.
By looking in three directions, I can defend from three directions.
That's triple the defences.
Of course I do not really see through the eagle eyes, that is a metaphor. A metaphor for my fortified position.

Imperium can literally autowin t1

>Full valk list
>Move 20"
>Disembark 3"
>Advance 6+d6"
>Move, move, move!
>Advance 6+d6" again
>Out T1

His coat should be yellow.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Is that the only one of a young primarch?

I bet young Sanguinius was fucking adorable.

>get 50 victory points
>still lose game because you tabled yourself
try again dipshit

it should be, but it isnt

NEW CHALLENGE

after the "success" of the Mastodon Puzzle, I give you our next list building challenge:

Make a 2000pt army that would be FLGS competitive (not tourney min maxing) using a fuckin THUNDERHAWK GUNSHIP (768pts)

Fun-mode: Describe what your battle plan and tactics would be to utilize it.

Do you have a single clue on how the mission works?

>People actually putting thought into their posts and having arguments without shit throwing

Are we finally free?

I want a story about Sang learning to fly while his family cheers him on.

I've never noticed the parallels between Dorn and Burnside until now

No boots on the ground you auto lose. The mission does not talk about this issue.

You must leave some dude behind to prevent auto table

u r a fgt