Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Archetype

Mine is 100% D/D/D. You?

Ghostricks are best

dragons

Given that this game is only good for waifus, charmers a best.

If someone went for waifus, I'm surprised they didn't go for Gusto, Dark Magician girls or maybe Gishki.

DMG is cute but she's also the town bike. Gustos and Gishkis are pretty good too though.

When I was much younger I wanted to collect all the Charmers, the Familiar-Possessed cards, and all of the related cards because I thought the girls were so cute. I didn't even know what waifus were back then. I had some, but never even got the whole collection of Charmers.

Same boat as you. Which one was your biggest crush? there is one correct answer and one incorrect answer

I was a big fan of Wynn and Aussa, with Eria as a close third. Least favorite was probably Dharc or Lyna.

What do you search for on Danbooru or Pixiv for fanart of the girls?

Creator God.

Aussa a best, Wynn a almost best. Darch a worst. Your taste is proper, good sir.

The 霊使い tag on pixiv gets you the charmer stuff, danbooru just type in the card name.

I don't know how they did it but they magically took Wizard of Oz & Star Wars & made It work.

>actually caring about archetypes

Yang Zings, for the intellectual. Debate me.

Archfiends

Thanks. You've got great taste as well Charmerbro.

Elemental Heroes

Literal shit taste

Sounds like someone needs to get their game on

E-Heroes are fucking shit. They have 20 playable cards out like 200.

Lol you're taste is shit, how long have you even been playing? Heroes we're broken not even a year ago. Pretty sure heroes are doing very good in the OCG right now. Gtfo scrub

chessfiends were good, neo new archfiends a shit.

Gladiator Beasts, followed closely by Aliens

HERO was only "broken" because they had easy access to Toadally Awesome. The deck changed from Dark Law + Rafflesia to Dark Law+Bahamut Shark/Toadally Awesome. It was just an annoying deck. I guess 6.56% because it has a good matchup against the best deck means its doing very good.

Skull Servants and Aliens

Kaiju. Not only are they cool and have thematic rules, but they're actually a pretty high tier deck.

Kaijus aren't really a deck.

>kaiju
>they're actually a pretty high tier deck
you fucking WOT?

RIP best deck.

They were for a brief period I believe

Don't get me wrong, they're not the absolute tip-top, but they're competitive enough.

I run an almost pure kaiju deck (only non-kaiju cards are Neo-Spacian Granmole, three Wind-up Kittens, Storming Mirror Force, and Compulsory Evacuation Device)

Machina

Just run Fairy Tail - Luna.

no, no they're not. The monsters are A+ removal, but the archetype on its own is not good.

True dat. Still have my chessfiend deck.

Chessfiends were shit with a really horrible gimmick and no real playstyle. At least new archfiends can do shit.

>comp deck
Raccoons
>casual
Banish Tribal

Playstyle: Zefra, Infernities, and Sylvans
Aesthetics: Zefra, Qliphorts, and Vylons
Lore: Qliphorts, Vylons, and Spell Counters

Dark Magician.

Sorry if this sounds super nostalgic, i don't even like Dark Magician being the main protagonists archetype, i just like the occult appeal of them mixed with Stage "Magicians" mixed with super overstylized poses and shit. way cooler than your regular fantasy spellcaster, like depicted in Magic or Harry Potter.

>Vylons
My man!

The greatest card, aesthetically.

>Not a single Spyral posted yet
Goddamnit I feel alone on this

Spyrals are pretty great, too. I like a couple other decks a little more, but they're great.

ultimate athletes or bust, baby

slam some fools

What's your preferred Invoker engine? Predaplants, Super Quantums, BA, Speedroids (RIP), or (if OCG) MathSabres?

>no six samurai
>not loving the has-been underdogs

You people disappoint me.

super quants or speedies, forever in my heart

pretty much any older deck is has been with these new decks

I personally like the Predaplant engine, but I stick Predaplants in everything that I can justify nowadays. 3 Lonefire, 3 Scorpio, 1 Cobra, and either Instant Fusion (for Theseus Synchro plays, specific Xyz fodder, or TER for removal+Link fodder) or Brilliant Fusion.

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward
All in the Valley of Death
Rode the six-hundred

Picked up plenty of art over the years, lemme know if there's anything in particular you want.

what's wrong with them?

Or you could, you know, grow up

First: Six Samurais
Second: Gladiator Beasts
Third: Fire Fist
Honorable Mention: HEROs

>Grow up
And then what? Become an "adult"? Eww

They were never super good, but man I loved Scrap monsters.
Honorable mentions go to Infernity and TG

Let me guess, you consider "growing up" stopping enjoying a hobby we like and presumably also switching to something like Magic the Gathering or Dungeons and Dragons?

Who let the yugioh peasants in here?
>playing yugioh

My favourites are Gladiator Beast, Fabled and Gishki.

Goddam right Gishki Emilia makes my life better

Good taste, probably like Aliens too, but I never got to play with them. Only fought against thdm and it always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Im trying to use Vylion right now, but it seems I cant use them right and are a bit too slow for me. Any tip?

Eyes of Blue Aliens are pretty fun. All of the Eyes of Blue support works with Ammonite, too, making a surprisingly consistent way to set up Gol'gar plays.

Vylons are VERY outdated. There are three main builds: Sigma OTK, Epsilon Control, and Element Omega Turbo. None of them are particularly consistent or fast compared to a good 80% of archetypes that have come out since 2012, but against other slower/older decks, they're all fun. Mind if I see your list?

Synchrons are my favorite, but Pendulum Magicians come in a close second.

I love morphing jar, and best archetype coming through.

How the fuck do they even work? Do You need 2 of them in your hand to ss to your opponents field so you can ss the other one on your side? Then I assume you wipe their field and attack, right?

Ways to use Kaijus:
>Removal that gets around literally everything by using your opponent's monster for a cost
>2 extra copies of Dark Hole thanks to Slumber
>Engine in decks that have spare space/bounce things easily/like having lots of attributes handy

links killed them.

it's now basically completely impossible to summon magnus at full power.

Aliens are a lot of fun, but they're slow and kind of douchebaggy. My wife doesn't let me use them against her anymore. What I'll normally do is when someone is giving me shit for playing a fluff Joey deck or something else stupid like I do, I challenge them with my Aliens and laugh as they can't get a field.

Solidarity & swords of revealing light, send back to hand via golgar to destroy a card, then replay them in main phase two.

>solidarity and swords of revealing light

dark world

Swords of revealing light plus golgar means your opponent can never have a battle phase.

you know, until they have MST or any of the huge amount of backrow removal

or they get their ace immune to effects out, which is increasingly common.

And with a counter generation, you use multiple golgars to pop backrow, destroy creatures, etc

I wasn't aware aliens were consistent enough to be a continuing threat, and were difficult to slow down or stop, especially with such terrifying cards as solidarity, essentially meaning your deck needs to be pure reptiles with no hand traps or toolbox ED.

the ancient gear aesthetic is fuckin sick

>Solidarity
>Not abusing Fiendish Chain, Imperial Order, and otyer floodgates by "flickering" them
>Not running an Eyes of Blue side engine

>No one has said the fabled yet

You only had to do one thing anons

I remember running a Fabled/Dark World deck. It was fun.

Fabled the Raven for an easy level 6, those were the days.

I also had a thing for the Red Nova archetype

MEKHANE approves.

pure RDA is fun

I easily got out lvl 8s & red nova if I run it. Have raven discard a lvl 5 DW & instant lvl 8 synch.

. . . Shaddoll. . .

I use fiendish chain as well actually

Not really an Archetype but level 5 WATER monsters and Daedalus. If I have to pick a real archetype, it would probably be Ojamas or Batterymen for stuff I actually played, and Six Samurai and Noble Knights for stuff I haven't but think is cool.

Emilia is cute but there's so little art for her in any iteration.

Decades later, her husband looks like Gandalf and she still looks young.

Puppets are evil

If y'all want waifu, Igknight's the way to go.

I have no idea what the fuck an archetype is but I used to love Zombie decks as a kid.

A series of cards that share a cohesive design, both in terms of art and in terms of effects/strategy. Usually they have similar names as well, so card effects have some keyword to use when they want to refer to all or most cards belonging to their archetype.

Shit like Gravekeepers and Elemental Heroes, basically. Older iconic monsters like Red Eyes, Blue Eyes, and Dark Magician have retroactively been given archetypes or pseudo-archetypes (in the form of a collection of support cards that don't necessarily share parts of the name).

F R O G S
R
O
G
S

Also scraps were cool I guess

Fire Kings. Who needs subtlety when you can make the field explode every turn?

One of my friends runs Fire King Kaijus, and it's pretty nice.

Deck list? Im sorry, I don't have one since I keep taking in/out Vylon(s) trying to find the perfect balance. But if you say that it's normal for them to be slow, I will accept it and move on.

Not gonna build a new deck for a while except maybe from Hidden arsenal/Duel Terminal archetype since I've many of them.

Notice me senpai

I'd be grateful for your favorite Wynn and Aussa pics

Most of the non-tuner Vylons aren't worth running at all; you'll likely only run Vylon tuners and generic easy-summon monsters like Solar Wind Jammer, Photon Thrasher, and Soul of Purity and Light.

That's the unfortunate truth.

Even redesigning my six sams into XYZ summoning shenannigans just meant I was playing an underpowered XYZ-focused deck.

Oh, well. I still love those guys, and I'll still pull them out to play against newer players.

Different Dimension stuff, and Water attribute decks.
Only cared about Eria here, had all three Water Charmer, Familiar-Possessed, Raging, plus Gigobyte, Gagagigo, Giga Gagagio and Gogiga Gagagigo. Couldn't really fit the weakest stage in my deck though.

New Six Samurai coming this year, and they help the deck a lot.

Who here was bad enough to come up with their own Yugioh OC?

Gadgets plus Machina with a Gearspring Spirit chaser.

Gearspring Machu Mech combo is a evil, evil thing.