Gremlin-General

"Wooden Spoon is OP, Nerf When?" Edition

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach 2E - Core Rulebook

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/128688-june-26th-lampad/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fug I swapped the name and subject fields.
Still shows up in the search though.

Old thread

Much obliged. "Gremlin-General" is funny, so it's ok.

>The same thing we always do
Heh.

First for get riggidy rekt Lilith.

I just hope this doesn't feed too much into the Wyrd Forums' recent obsession with Nekima.

Oh it will.

I actually like that more Masters are geting "bad ends" ala Lilith and VonSchill. It's nice that not every master is sunshine and roses.

I'd like to see it happen to more MarySue masters though, like Misaki and Marcus.

>recent
I'm pretty sure that people have obsessed about Nekima since she came out.

Leaker user here. Heading out for a while, will be back this evening. Leave any requests you have and I'll do my best to fulfill them.

So, was Levi and Alyce's relationship more explicitly romantic in 1e?

Not really. She was more of a sidekick who he happened to find attractive.

Just a bit more pedophilic. He never actually did anything to her, but he had many thoughts.
On that note, Candy used to drive people insane by convincing them they molested her and amplifying their terror/self hatred.

If you could post Rotten and the Zombie centaurs rules that would be cool, or just let us know if they've changed since the last beta.

Iirc it was just innuendo, with the implication that he and rusty never did anything, despite Rustby being tsundere (did I spell that right?) for him.

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Rusty said Levi does the nasty with the hollow waifs. Although that may just be her talking shit about the "dirty old man".

Levi's just a big ball of fun. Hell of a guy to be almost the face character of the game at times.

>or just let us know if they've changed since the last beta.
Link the beta and I'll check when I get back in.

Little Gasser art!

Definitely, but I liked him more in 1e when he was closer to steampunk necromancer. Also, his inner monologues and curmudgeonly ways were wonderful. Now he's a bit too aloof and smug.

I'm honestly jellous that they aren't dual faction.

They've got great rules, and are a goofy concept. They belong in Gremlins.

Beat me too it, thanks.

Yea, I was surprised. Even though I wanna hate on Gremlin players, I can feel the pain on this one. Very cheap model with insane amounts of utility. Just hope it looks decent or I'll have to convert.

Art for Ferdinand Vogel and The Beast Within please, bookanon?

I don't even know what the model looks like, and I'm already planning conversions.

Mostly I want to paint them in disguise as balloons.

>who the fuick needs a searchable thread title
And just like that you've doomed this thread to obscurity just like Gremlins

Check the website.

Is there any fluff behind Pandora's new ability to hire Reporters?

From last thread, it sounds like Pandora is mysteriously MIA and Zoraida intends to find out why. So odds are reporters aren't brought up and justified.

Came up in the search just fine for me.

Didn't have much hope for them looking in theme. Will probably have to do the same

The concept is goofy, so i expect the models to be too.

McMournign is already a wacky master, so I don't think it'd be to far outside of his theme.

They're going to look out of place in Nico and Seamus lists though.

Someone commented he hopes Nico loses the event with lady J and is killed off so more faction space would open up, as if Wyrd would remove Nico as a playable model.

>Kill of Nico
I assume he'd just come back full lich mode.
His avatar was dead iirc.

Yeah, he's a skeleton in his Avatar model.

Maybe reporters find her and are bent to the whims of the box, and due to the despair reporters bring the box decided to use them insteaf of ripping them apart

He'd just return more pimp than ever.

I've just got the Hoffman box, bringing my total Guild holdings up to Lucies & Co, Riflemen and Hoffman's robuts.

Are there any good interactions with Lucius available in that set?

The Hunters look pretty good. Other people interfering with my activation order gets right up my nose, so +flips against un-activated models sounds pretty great to do the same.
Not so sure about the Guardian, but I guess they'll all shine with Power Loop...

Also, Mechanical Attendant 2 cute.

How about Medical Automatons illustration?

The Watcher is a really handy model, and probably works better with Lucius and Nellie than it does with Hoffman. For Hoffman himself you will of course want some decent Arcanist constructs. Namely Joss, Howard, and Metal Gamin.

It's a qt-3.14

Oh, I already play Mei in Arcanists, so I've got Joss, Howard and Metal Gamin.

Having played against Hoffman before, I'm not sure I can be bothered to put the work into gitting gud until I'm better with Lucius though.

I wonder what will happen to Lady J if she loses. With all of these fluffy upgrades that we have been getting, I imagine that either master could get something tangible.

She had a headless nightmare model too.
I honestly think that whoever loses should get an upgrade that gives them undead, and some spiffy new ability.

Honestly I have low expectations despite how Wyrd's trying to hype this. I'll be surprised if either Lady J or Nico suffers anything particularly significant from losing, much less die (no matter how temporarily).

that is quite adorable, thanks user

I'm hoping for a VonSchill style maiming at least, for whoever loses.
>They both lose
>Lady J dies, and comes back as s headless revenant becoming a Resser Master
>Nico loses and is imprisoned. After some "enhanced interrogation" he's back on the streets as the Guild's newest sanctioned Necromancer.

I'm back, bitches!
> your image contains an embedded file
What fresh hell is this?

Let's try this again

Could we get a pic of McMourning's new art?

Huh. That's actually significantly more gritty than I was expecting.

More like a left for dead boomer, than a the gremlin balloon I was imagining.

Asura Roten is the same, with the exception of no longer giving -Crow, instead stating that they cannot declare triggers.

Kentauroi are unchanged.

Is there any interesting fluff to the Kentauroi, or are they just " had the bright idea to make centaurs"?

Thanks again by the way.
The spoilers are much appreciated.

No problem. I'm glad to hear people appreciate it, though.
Not really. They were originally made by McMourning, but everyone else went "Doctor, you've had an actually sensible idea!" and took it from him.

Can you share a pic of the lampad?

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/128688-june-26th-lampad/

You know, I remember saying at the start of all this how much of a pain in the dick it was to phonepost/get pics. You're all very lucky I'm easily swayed by the needs of strangers in the internet, but my phone needs charging anyway, so this will be the last pic until then.

Randomly: As spoiler user graciously summarized for us last thread, Nicodem and lady J both show up in Broken Promises' Resser story. Can we tell when their final showdown event is set?

That's not bad at all.
Gratitude, spoiler-user.

Any Collodi fluff in the new book?
It's my favorite neverborn master and it needs more love.

Those guys are way cooler than I assumed they'd be.
I know you posted the stat card, but is there full art for the Hinamatsu?

Man, those buggers are ugly. Glad I ordered rising sun.

True. He needs to be fleshed out more.
As is he comes off as a bit wooden.

get out

Tough character to write for, as he's rather stiff

None, sadly. Everything focuses on the Lilith+Zoraida vs. Nekima+Titania fight.

Jokes aside, I like his lack of fluff. It makes the character more mysterious. A few tantalizing glimpses every now and then.

Just enough to string you along.

People on the Arcanist forum are saying the Steamfitters were changed to be able to target leaders, can we get a pick of their updated card?

They can. They also changed the wording, but not the effect, on Discarded Tool.

I do think it's a bit of a shame that Titania was introduced as a playable character. It constrains her character in ways that someone like the Governor-General wasn't.

While he seems to have no arcane or physical power of his own, he did comment to Lady Justice when she was being pissy about the spaniards that he gave up "a lot of power" to come to malifaux and fix this mess.

That's interesting. I would've assumed someone so high up on the Guild food chain was a mage.

I can see where you're coming from.
I'm still happy we got her though, she's fun to play and the model looks nice.

I'm not saying he isn't, but he's yet to demonstrate any powers other than having the biggest pair of balls this side of the Breach.

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. She seems like a cool Master and I'm glad people are having fun with her.

They actually showed off the art for that when they announced that they were taking on a new artist. As others pointed out it is less cartoony than what you would expect out of a Gremlin model.

He was mentioned to be a competent mage before. And the Guild originally was just a bunch of wizards who wanted to control the soulstones and hoard magical power and general material possessions for themselves, so it isn't too far off for the Guild to have some asskicking wizards at the top of their hierarchy.

The bit about "The music" and him searching for the purpose behind his creation is pretty interesting. I do agree that rather than thoroughly explaining every supernatural happening, having some mysterious weird fiction esque elements like the Crossroads Seven is nice.

Speaking of the Crossroads seven is it still easy to port in Malifaux statted models for TTB 2ed? I haven't looked at it yet

Very easy, as you have everything you need save some out of combat stats.

ugh, they're obsessing over Nekima again

Any good battle reports on youtube?

Kek do you just post here to bitch about the wyrd forums?

Only about a third of the time.

Sadly, not really. Everything I've seen is some combination of shaky cam, mistakes, and obnoxious fucks.

I just realized the zapp thing from nurse heartsbane potentially triggers pounce twice if the opponent wont discard. Sounds brutal with VS, Lillith, Rougarou but what else is there?

What's your sweetest conversion (idea)?

My friends put a brass arachnids legs onto hamelins magic blast then had it hang over mouse to be a bandersnatch. He called it a great way to dump useless parts. I want to put misakis head on classic misakis body, but I dont know what to do with the rest of misaki.

Wait I figured it out, ill put her onto a jorugumo and make a female one.

Belles, doxys, First Mate.
But can they actually use pounce/target practice in the middle of Heartsbane resolving her trigger?

Why wouldnt they? Pounce goes off when the movement occurs, not after triggers resolve etc.

Do you ever infiltrate lost models with hamelin? If so who? I can imagine kade has minor synergy with lure but candy seems like the annoying one by giving you an aggressive kind of aggro control.

Clockwork traps!

Guerrilla Miniature Games and Rough Riders Wargaming are decent.
There are mistakes, but not that many, and the production quality is high.
Good if you want something to vegetate in front of, or familiarise yourself with the flow of the game, but not for learning high-level strats.

A thread or two ago there was mention of a killer, irlf predictable, mei feng list using Thunder Archers. Does anyone have the full list for that?

Mei Feng + 7 Pool

- Vapormancy (1)

- Seismic Claws (1)

- Misdirection (2)

Toshiro The Daimyo (9)

- Command The Graves (1)

Chiaki The Niece (6)

Katanaka Sniper (7)

Mechanized Porkchop (7)

Obsidian Oni (6)

Obsidian Oni (6)

I would've made slight adjustments but minus one Oni and Chiaki that's what any generic Mei Feng core looks like.

The archer list was more of a meme list by the same guy. I think it was two Archers, Yamaziko Fuhatsu and the rest we dont know.

Thunder archers dont have obvious syergy with feng I can think of. They like focus and maybe stuff like izamu, LRM, yin and other no escape type models.
Seems spooky to me. Obsidian oni and mech pork are tough fucks. No kang though? No sparks either? I guess sparks doesnt help a toshiro strat as much.

Yama makes sense but why fuhatsu? I would think yama + izamu to pin enemies and thunder to pepper em plus maybe shenlong for free focus or yan to heal yama and izamu. Rest of team run schemes.

It's on the Scheme & Stones Mei Feng 10T episode.

And as a result, the episode is supremely unhelpful, because the guest just masturbates over how good his memelist is, rather than meaningfully discuss how best to do different schemes and strats with Mei.
From what I remember, the bit where Khyodeeontheforums runs through the list of scenarios and asks him how he does them, he just says "lol I don't scheme I shoot things lol" to literally everything.

From memory, it was something like this:

Mei Feng -- 3ss
+Vapormancy - 1ss
+Seismic Claws - 1ss

Fuhatsu - 10ss
+Recalled Training - 1ss

Toshiro The Daimyo - 9ss
+Command The Graves - 1ss

Yamaziko - 7ss
+Blot The Sky - 1ss

Thunder Archer - 7ss
Thunder Archer - 7ss