Setting is a post-apocalyptic world

>setting is a post-apocalyptic world
>all humans have disappeared
>only sentient things that are left in the world are small gnome or elf-like creatures and spirits who once guarded the dwellings of men
>they slowly begin to adopt the ways of the extinct humans
>small communities of the little creatures live on in the world which is also home to various beasts and monsters

rate my setting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYOM0U5_Nxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

meh/10

Spirits adopting the spooks of humanity you say?

(pic related is the big bad evil of your setting, say something nice about her!)

>elf-like creatures who once guarded the dwelligns of men

so original germanic kobolds?

read the new translation, its much better

I've decided I won't and you can't spook me into deciding otherwise.

>wanting to keep wheels in your head
okay

Sounds cool I guess but what kind of games are you supposed to play in your setting?
Seems more like the setting for a novel or a comic.

>the last march of the gondolas

inspiring stuff

literally the plot of Humanity has Declined

It is a setting for a series of novels and comic books, I think OP just wanted a reason to post Tove/Tove-esque art.

Jintai is underappreciated

8,5/10

Adopting the OLD Tove Jansson moomin aestethic would go a very long way

Isn't moomin too violent and dark for a Golden Sky Stories adaption?

How does one into Moomin? Were the books/comics translated?

yes

Elfs in original germanic folklore were spirits. Another word for Elf was Alb for example, that´s why the german Nightmare is called "Albtraum", means litteraly Elven-Dream because they were responsible for those. The modern D&D Setting is heavily inspired by this. There were even Dark-Elves "Dunkelalb, Dunkelelf".

s-spooky postapoca? Sounds intriguing in combination with the folk tale-ish setting

>hey gm can I play a human? Like he is the last human on earth

Expect at least one player to ask you this

This looked like the album art of Kid A at first

Bakshi/10.

>only sentient things that are left in the world are small gnome or elf-like creatures and spirits who once guarded the dwellings of men
There's no dogs, cats, monkeys, etc?

you got me there

I would, but I'm pretty sure nice things are a spook.

i like this

youtube.com/watch?v=JYOM0U5_Nxc

Average. I don't hate it for what it is.

Alcohol and watch the 1990's animated series. Don't be fooled, it's quite cutesy but can get suprisingly dark. Doesn't take much to invent your own sinister subtext.

For example, Moomin Papa is a failed author that likes hunting suspected witches at night with his blunderbuss. That's literally from the show.

In the comic it was revealed that the Moomins are descendants of pirates.

>a-and he's, like, instantly popular and friends with everyone and all the elf girls want to be his girlfriend and he defeats the bad guys with his superior human intellect and physical strength and his name is user [\spoiler].

Also in the begining of the comic Moomin tried to drown himself but was saved by being a to good of a swimmer and encountering Moomin mama and papa in a boat, at that point neither knew who the other where and it was later revealed to them when Moomin remembered a mug that Moomin mama used to serve him hot coco in.

Its top comfy

Seriously. Many good memories of staying up to 4am watching this with friends, surrounded by empty bottles of booze. Always fun to either riff on or watch unironically.

>likes hunting suspected witches at night with his blunderbuss

You just know there's an erotic subtext to this

holy FUCK this is /comfy/
thanks user

That picture looks like concept art of a gritty reboot for Legend of Zelda.