Thoughts Veeky Forums?

How does this make Veeky Forums feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/x1CYHJAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm surprised no one had shitposted about it before you. That's how it makes me feel.

Sounds like they're going to be trying too hard to make the game inclusive. It's not like it's the GM's choice in the end, after all.

Rather confused actually.

What could you even do to it? Remove clerics and paladins as to provide a safe space for gay gamers?

It sounds like a clickbaiting kotaku article that grossly misstates what is actually going on, as usual.

I don't use any premade NPCs and don't really do official adventures, so whatever. To each their own.

>Kotaku

Not much of anything. Seems odd since the main point of tabletop involves the players and GM making the game how they want it.

And since when did kotaku cover tabletop games?

Not just D&D but all roleplay is kind of gay anyway.

Will the vampire seduce anyone regardless of gender, the old adventure said female with highest CHA?
Sure
INCLUDING TRANS PCS?!?!
err.. yes.

OMG GUYS DND SO GOOD!

>And since when did kotaku cover tabletop games?
Since the Gawker name got absolutely tarnished by pretty much everyone thanks to the Hulkster, so now Kotaku is what they use to virtue signal everything progressive and SJW on.

>Talking about gays
>Posts picture of a straight vampire dude

Fucking hetero shaming I swear

>Rather confused actually.
This. How do you make a game designed to create a world how the GM and his players want it "more queer"?
The only way I can think of is putting in big GAYS ARE OK U GUYS blocks of text into the MRB like WoD that makes super explicit what was already so implicit as to be essentially explicit for anyone who's not a retard. And that's just obnoxious.

dropped

>D&D is gay and aims to be even more gay

This is news?

By forcing it into the mechanics, for example, now you not only roll d20, you also have to give a blowjob (if you're male) to another male or trans player. And take it into the ass when you roll damage.

>GAYS ARE OK U GUYS blocks of text into the MRB like WoD
Oh no, it's a lot more passive-agressive than that.

The game is as queer or un-queer as the players and GM make it. I suppose they mean that the formal, official settings and characters will now explicitly include more queer characters and issues.

I'm OK with this. Anyone who isn't is just angry about something they can solve in-game just by saying "my setting isn't this queer". I don't understand how anyone can be upset by it, but I'm sure someone will be more than willing to illustrate how fucking furious this makes them, having to read words about things they don't like but can choose to completely ignore but they don't.

If you haven't made the game yours already and still get upset over stuff like this, then you're doing it wrong.

What does that even mean?

Remember when someone snuck in text in the 1st edition 5e PHB that said Elves could be futas?

>rolling d20s
look at this cis hetero patriarch, rolling for so called "numbers"

in the new additions the DM will ask you what you "feel" you did, and then you rub your participation award

Stop that. Your strawman is silly.

This is almost as laughable as the "only bad guys are racist" in Deadlands.

Last game I had a player be an asexua Aetherborn, and one player fucked a male goblin sailor due to being thirst after two months on a spelljamming like ship. Due to a joke that got out of hand, the two wizards that worked the help ended being THe old guy and his lover/apprentice.

I don't understand what they are trying to do. If anything, it will only add more traps and dickgirls to my games that are according to the rules of the official books.

I have more.

As long as we don't get fags in it.

I think MPreg werewolves is more laughable than that. At least "only bad guys are racist" is a common trope in historical movies.

Who needs Bloodlines anyway? This is how you REALLY do a World of Darkness video game!

Yeah, but it's awfully dismissive of the kind of world you'd have when people were considered property not 20 years prior and are now walking around with guns. That's part of the flavor and to get rid of it because you don't want to paint either side as a bad guy is shitty.

I mean, that would totally work if you were even slightly subtle about it. Getting the internet frothing at the mouth isn't hard.
See: This thread.

I've known that D&D was gay since at least 4th edition, but it's nice they're secure enough to come out of the closet.

Even if the rules as written directly states you must engage in homosexual activity IRL to begin character creation, no one is going to read the fucking rules and will interpret the 30% of what they skim however they want regardless, so does it really matter?

Ignoring their efforts is the same as supporting them, you know.

Because you're not opposing them, you're not even criticizing them. You're taking it like a bitch.

Hasn't Pazio already delievered that in spades?

Is that Nick Cave
Why are they making Nick Cave gay?

Yes, and Starfinder is trash because of it.

It makes me feel glad I abandoned d&d long ago.

The fuck kind of drugs are you on?

No, seriously, I need to know--explicitly--what information you derived from my statement about lazy ass players that led you to assume 1) I wasn't criticizing or opposing lazy ass players or 2) that I even give half a fuck that Wizards might want to fag up DnD?

>The Culture War is serious business and you have to pick a side
No

>Why are they making Nick Cave gay?

Because 35% of the population is gay, and it's about time we represented those people.

Anons, let's think what they could add to make the game more queer!
Homo characters, dickgirls, crossdressers, M.pregnancy,gay marriage, a god of the gays, make a matriarcal society that hates males Wait , that already exists, make some races assexual with their own pronouns.

My guess is probably pushing it more for the modules they're publishing?

You were being dismissive of people trying to make their games more "progressive" and "inclusive," suggesting that isn't going to change a goddamn thing and nobody should actually worry about it.

>strawman
>man
Sexist much? are you implying women can be straw?

Been there, done that.

>Implying I don't accept all straw-entities
step up bucko

>That NPC who one day decided to put women clothes
>No make up, no shit, just women clothes, he doesn't even shave or anything
>Suddenly everybody thinks he's an atractive woman
This is kender level of bullshit writing and attempting to force setting stupidity into people

gimme proof. I want to laugh and cry at the same time

A Dwarven mercenary group known as th "Brotherhood of the Bear".

No, I wasn't. At all.

I literally stated it won't matter what they decide to do, because no one reads the rules and just plays whatever they want anyways.

Implying that even if the rules directly stated you have to be a fag to even start playing, everyone would just ignore it.

How are you this fucking stupid? How is your reading comprehension so bad? Where did you go to school?

If you want an overt statement about my position on gender or identity politics in games, I think it's incredibly telling someone as completely braindead as you is the kind of person who gives a rat's ass about this sort of shit.

I think the new narrative is that there are no straight people, they've all just been brainwashed into heteros by the sinister patriarchy.

not to say these threads don't ultimately devolve into shitposting but it consistently amazes me how mild Veeky Forums's political takes are, even at their absolute worst, when compared so some other boards' average threads on the same shit

It's a rather queer title to tell the truth.

Most middle-schoolers identify as bisexual, actually.

That is, they've only ever been attracted to the opposite sex, but admit they'd probably bone someone of the same sex if they were "hot enough."

Even at our worst, we're still the best.
shit I guess I'm a middle schooler now

>use dice and a ruleset to make a game world come alive however the DM wishes
>it's not real d&d unless there's a Great Emporer Xir and the Neutral Trans Knights of Hormonus Incorectus

The text about hermaphrodites was removed in the second printing.

The most popular DnD podcast on the internet right now actually features gay giant kings and a completely equal society.

That's gay

>The text about hermaphrodites was removed in the second printing.

Why was it removed? What caused WotC to actually pull back on their Diversity Quota?

I don't think it was intended to be there in the first place. My guess is that someone snuck it in during proofing and the editors didn't check.

>the CL was a tranny argument
>not realizing that it was an attempt to make a singular god for all elves, and that didn't jive with the rest of d&d
kek

>Bearded female dwarf who hates being mistaken for a male
I understood that reference, and I appreciate it.

How do you make an entirely customizable game MORE inclusive?

The demon one kinda makes sense to me, since it's literally just a demon pouring itself into another body and still acting the way its used to acting

>I don't think it was intended to be there in the first place.

What about WotC makes you even think that was the reason?

Why do SJW types pretend the 90s never happened?

We have already queered up everything sufficiently.

pastebin.com/x1CYHJAM

Basically says Crawford is gay, is making sure there's some representation of gays in all further adventures, cites Storm King's Thunder and Curse of Strahd as current adventures and Tomb of Annihilation as the next adventure.

That's it.

By making the default setting, default characters and default rules hella diverse? By openly discussing how you SHOULD be inclusive and progressive?

>Why do SJW types pretend the 90s never happened?

They grew up on the 90s, which became their "baseline."

The original writing staff of 5e was pretty normie and on the corporate end they seemed to mainly be catering to a broad, traditional-fantasy-oriented consumer. OSR players and LoTR/GoT normies, not hyper-progressives.

They even had RPGPundit consult on the book, because he was considered a stand-out game designer from the OSR community.

>increasingly irrelevant game cries for attention
Hook line and sinker

And most middle schoolers would tell you they would kill someone if they wanted to. Teen boys being horny enough to say they might go a hot dude is different to going down to the gay sauna and sucking off some bears.

>The original writing staff of 5e was pretty normie and on the corporate end they seemed to mainly be catering to a broad, traditional-fantasy-oriented consumer. OSR players and LoTR/GoT normies, not hyper-progressives.

Is this the same writing staff that made the default fighter a turbo-black guy in the Player's Handbook?

>Teen boys being horny enough to say they might go a hot dude is different to going down to the gay sauna and sucking off some bears.

It's certainly a shift from how it used to be, when horny teenage boys would say going after any dude is extremely gay and they'd rather bone the nearest available female hole.

...yes. Are you implying there weren't black iconic characters in 4e or 3.5?

What is this drivel?

does anyone have a second print they can take a picture of on this page, I wanna see how they changed it, because it's not in the errata. It's page fucking 121 just to make it easier

Here's the thing normie doesn't necessarily equate to white nationalist that wouldn't include a black guy as a protagonist under any circumstance.

Do you mean the art on the Fighter page? I don't think that's particularly weird, and the pregen characters actually don't use the art from the class page. They're just blank builds.

>By openly discussing how you SHOULD be inclusive and progressive?
Aren't there author comment boxes that do this already in shit like DM manuals?

Here's a photo of my book with the errata.

That's absolute bullshit, why were the writers at WotC so scared to suggest an Elf could be hermaphroditic?

>By openly discussing how you SHOULD be inclusive and progressive?

#Kinderlives matter

Dunno, most people just assume elf players are gay or mentally fucked in some way already

Well that blurb about Corellon in the first edition was straight-up wrong, so that might be why.

Are you suggesting there's something wrong with being hermaphroditic?

yes, medically.

Not for elves.

>something written and published by wotc is wrong
Don't get me wrong I think it's just fucking stupid funny, they could have easily retconned any other lore about him though

What the fuck is this shit?

I feel really bad because they used an image of Strahd, and his entire purpose in life is to be a cautionary tale for women who go after abusive bad boys.

I also feel bad because this is a symptom of a larger sign, and I worry that WotC will turn into the next Paizo.

Why are the fonts and the background so wildly different

This is Onyx Path.

What you are looking at is the last gasps of a tabletop system that died a slow, pitiful death.

Confused.

The flat one is an OCRed high-DPI scan from the PDF share thread (so the text is machine-read and reproduced in searchable format). The wrinkly one is a pic I took on my cellphone in regular light, so the color of the background is less pronounced.