Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Chaos marines left all their sniper rifles on Terra after 360 no scoping too many imperial fists off the walls of the palace edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Let's get this thread started with actual 40k content!
Post what you're working on or what model you just finished!
Really happy with how these guys are coming along

First for Tyranids are the best NPC race. And a majority of SM are children

Third for Black Hearts

Post orks and orky fings

Just primed my DE Start Collecting.
Got a few bits still in a few pieces (Starting painting the raider before final assembly tomorrow). I have no idea how people paint archons fully built.

Finished this guy a little while ago. Struggling to find the time between study and work to get more painting done

I bought this on an impulse buy today. I originally intended to just get the Daemon Prince model because I had an idea for a conversion and it seemed fun, then I saw this and got to thinking about a bunch of Possessed buffed by Heralds and Daemon Princes and now I guess I'm a Chaos player.

>you can reasonably expect Magnus buffs in TS codex

Epic balance GW!

Looking really nice.
Is the tail magnetized? I'm never quite certain wether the toxinspike or Biostatic rattle would be better.
I do have to question your decision of putting a venomcannon on a carnifex (or anything at all), since the Barbed strangler is outright superior.

WE

ARE

I actually just finished painting a Kommando Burna and Stormboy but this is the last thing I took a picture of: Kitbashed MANz

NIGGERS

Thanks m8, Carnifex is from 4th edition when i built it aeons ago. I attempted to green stuff the end of then tail so i could toxin spike if i wanted

HAVE

Which factions have snipers that are actually somewhat viable? I want to start a second army and i want to field sniper teams

IG

IG has ratlings

How's this list sound?

Battalion detachment +3CP

HQ - Chapter Master Carab Culln
Magister Sevrin Loth

Troops - bare bones 5 man scout squad (x3)

Elites - apothecary (x6)

Transport - razorback with lascannons

Total: 980pts

Hows this for a balanced 1k point army? Am I being fluffy enough?

I wish Possessed could take wings and get fly.

guard definitely, see ratlings
I figure tau have a solid sniper somewhere even if it's just a drone
Skit have the arebus which should be solid
but spamme is important
if scouts are cheep then they should be okay
with guard it's the most viable
>cheap bodies
>normally weaker guns

I'm thinking I'll save the winged backpacks and use them as jump packs for Lords and Sorcerers that I'll be building out of other parts later.

Do they say this somewhere? Or are you just shitposting?

Do Chaosfags even have options now?
Only GK seem to get rules for none existing models

Lords and Sorcs get Jump Packs, thats about it, none of the other character options like Exalted Champs and Apostles get much in the way of variety.

Its okay though, so long as I can Deep Strike my Warptime Sorcerer and/or MURDER SWORD Lord I'm happy.

You can at least expect him to get better Warlord Traits and new spells.

You don't have to paint your ogryns black to emphasize their stupidity you know

Why do you have so many apothecaries?

>6 apothecaries

>

Oh yeah, I guess.

>being this jelly of Junkyard Dog the ogryn's mustache
Actually I need a better name then an old wrestler, dubs decides the name for my ogryn BONE'ead

>You can at least expect him to get better Warlord Traits and new spells.
As for the Warlord Trait I'm sure it'll be better than the generic ones but not necessarily a big deal either; the named special characters always have specific ones and they might just give him one that doesn't really buff him too much.

Junkyard Dog

Exalted Champs with Murder Swords are great too.

Opinion on hellblasters? Flgs finally got some in and it's payday

Got me

Hulk Hogan

Magnus Ver Magnusson

They're somewhere between a special weapons team and devestators. Good against MEQ and TEQ, can dent vehicles. Mostly just use standard guns. Only way assault ones could be useful would be maybe in a RG list sitting at 24 and plinking but you're better off infiltrating and rapid firing then.

STRENGTH IN PURITY BROTHERS

Medium range Tank-killers. Need a captain to babysit them.

Premier Marines seem to under-perform compared to regular ones.

>Warpsmith
>BS2+ with a 2+ save, 4 wounds
>For 87 points you have a character that lugs around 2 flamers, meltagun and can skullfuck you with a poweraxe and curse your ride

Would it be ok if I converted one from a terminator or obliterator?

Just buy the Admech guy for pennies on Ebay

Rikishi

Carl, but make him darker skinned first

Check out the FW versions, which are even nastier for a bit more. Also make great HQs for a Chaos Dreadnought list.

Dolan Turnip

Rodger "Im get to loyal for this shit" Murtaugh

Chunk Thickpecs

Vincent

I mean this would be funny if apothecaries could heal the same unit with a 20man blob.
>6 doctors just stapling marine body parts together to create new soldiers

Kor Phaeron daddy of the year award

Roboute Guiliman

Beef Slamchest

Hulk Hogryn

Tiny

Winrar

Lorgar needed to be beaten more
This is Michael Jackson tier, I'm talking call the police and stay with grandparents for a week after the hospital visit levels

WINNAH WINNAH CHICKEN DINNAH

sure thing.

B-But I have a spare chaos termie and oblit that I can't use. I need to make some points cause I was planning on running him as a lord. But if with a bit of putty and bitz I can make him into a smith.. Just saved 35 points and gained someone to babysit my landy.

Dubs confirm

Sadly I don't think it's worthwhile. I only field a land raider and a rhino for vehicles, so a basic smith should be good enough.

Guessing so long as the termie clearly has mechatendrils with guns, it's fine to convert one yeah? He does have a 2+ save.

if you want to do the xonversion then do it. Itd be fine. Fluffy even to have a warpsmith with the obliterator virus since their fluff mentions they like to hang out.

And so a hero was born

Just got my DE start collecting too. I'm going to be doing some gender reassignment on my Archon and a weapon swap.Going to niggerrig a blaster out of a blast pistol and a shredder, and give her a whip because I'm kinky like that.

Your a good man, user. May Beef bring you many victories.

>tfw this reminded me I have to name my baneblade "sister-fister" when I finally paint it because of dubs

The tank commander better be called Lister.

You aren't going to paint it user

hah, you actually did it.
Awesome.

>6 Apothecaries
>for 3rd minimum Scout Squads

Overkill? And yet simultaneously underpowered?

I woulda added more apothecaries, just in two vanguard detachments, but I wanted that 1 extra CP

Dwayne "Rocky Maivaia" Johnson

This is ADB, isn't it?

>Do Chaosfags even have options now?
If it exists in the index you can still use it.

You know I thought that for a long time, and I'm actually glad I didn't paint it right away because my original scheme was dogshit
But now that I've got 1500 pts of my army fully painted I feel like it would be a good time to have a fully painted "centerpiece" so it's time my soon come, of course it's hard to wanna paint something you barely use since it's not too great until you're at like 2500 pts

Albert vonjigbert

>actively cheating
I expect nothing less from chaos players

I really hope your regiment is a penal legion
>being this autistically wrong

>Thinking that's cheating.

Justify.

>Not able to read the FAQs
Makes sense, NPCs don't need to do anything besides lose anyways.

I know you are just trolling, but don't be an Ass. The gw site explicitly said that there would be options in the Index that aren't in the codex, and that for those options it is not only acceptable, but expected, for players to use the Index for them. Fuck off and leave the Chaos fags alone, unless you want to give up bikes and terminator armor and whatnot for your own marines.

Come to think of it, we don't get to field havoks with plasma cannons and multi-meltas.

Appearantly while the dark mechanicum were obsessively trying to crossbreed deamons with tanks, the loyalists were miniaturizing plasma cannons, multi-meltas, and gravguns.

I hope you do. I hope someday, however unlikely the eventuality that we get a game in somehow. I hope to see sister-fister on the field across from my SoB, and I want to see how it goes.

>imperium players have admitted to cheating in thread
>chaos player mentions doing something that is legal
>accuse chaos of cheating
fuck off

>Appearantly while the dark mechanicum were obsessively trying to crossbreed deamons with tanks, the loyalists were miniaturizing plasma cannons, multi-meltas, and gravguns.

Loyalists: Taking existing tech and making it smaller

Traitors: Creating dinobots, holy fuck

DARK MECH BEST MECH

Thorpe.

>I've done it!
>I have bound the soul of a Daemon to a crab! Now to increase the scale 1000-fold!

>But I just wanted a more mobile antitank weapon

>>But I just wanted a more mobile antitank weapon
too bad you get crabzilla

How many years will you hold on to that picture as proof that all imperium players are cheaters?
also wow fuck that guy