/cyoag/ - CYOA general

Previous Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
FRESH BREAD
FRESH OC

asking once again

whats a better name: devil trigger or deadeyes?

>Inmortality
>Neetdom
>Yuri
>Cuddles

Jackpot. I choose Lily and Amelia.

theyre both kind of cringey but deadeyes is probably less cringey. but also it depends on what it's a name for. if it's for a person, deadeyes is probably the less cringey option.

did you not read the instructions? lily already selected amelia, you have to pick another person from her shortlist.

I just noticed when i posted it because i am a retard. So i will choose laura i guess.

ability name

the ability is to never miss and have your attacks ignore defensive abilities

That seems REALLY overpowered.

interesting idea, mediocre execution / 10

Zahra and, if I understood correctly, Alex and Lucja (i have to pick between lucja and victoria, right?)

the alternatives are things like teleportation and beamlazer batteries and shit

/r/ Interaction CYOA ITT. I lost it, and it will be fun for the thread.

nope, you have to pick between laura and amelia
zahra is represented by yellow, and laura and amelia have yellow under their names

dead eyes probably better
or just Deadeye no s

>being a part of someone else's harem
>criteria says a harem for cute girls
Does this mean I automatically become a cute girl, too? It doesn't specify and only says i'll be granted a new body. If that IS the case, i choose Lily, Amelia and Clara if i'm doing this right.

uhh amelia then

You sure zahra is yellow? Looks orange to me, just like alex's background and the bar below Laura

Time to go yandere and murder everyone else.

I have crossed the great beyond, achieved all that is possible and impossible. There is no mountain unclimbed, path unwalked, sea unsailed. I have risen above Olympus Mons, above the spires of Mars. I have sank below the oceans of Jupiter, into lightless depths. I have skimmed the surface of the Sun, through solar storms. I have settled the galaxy and united all beings. I have built the greatest and largest particle accelerator. I have unified physics and mastered science. I have opened the walls between space and travelled beyond the reach of light. I have disturbed the sleeping Gods and escaped the very universe. I have done it all and you will not remember me. Farewell.

By the looks of it, the colors below Amelia are held by Clara and Alex, meaning you'd have to pick between them.

deadeye is a cowboy thing tho, isnt it?

Only on high noon.

hes going to have a large caliber revolver too

at what point does the cowboy campiness override the ability's edgy nature?

We are going to need a nice hat for that. Maybe even a horse.

>tfw you're forced to join a harem by an asshole holding your soul at gunpoint
>tfw you're not ok with polygamy
>tfw you hate being forced to do things, and blackmail just deepens that hatred
>tfw would direct that hate towards your master, but you're forced to love them, causing the hatred to just twist in on it's self and transform into self loathing, turning you into a crazy, depressed pile of worst girl
>tfw the more your "waifu" tries to cheer you up, the worse it actually makes you feel
>tfw the fact that there are elements here that you would otherwise enjoy is only serving to Clockwork Orange me into finding them sickening
>tfw you still harbor unlimited hatred for the one who put you here

Anyways, Sophia's probably the only one here that can vaguely handle that level of crazy.
Who knows? Maybe she'll fight the power just to get rid of me. Maybe she'll actually care.
MAYBE I'LL FUCKING STRANGLE A GODDAMN KARMIC PENCIL PUSHER!
Or not. None of this matters. None of this fucking matters.

Clara's already in, and I should probably choose Victoria. She'll be safer than Amelia.
I'm going to go take out my frustration on those poor bastards on the other side.

If you call it Devil Trigger, the only thing I'll be able to think of is Vergil screaming about motivation and Dante being crazy.

user, when you have murderous hate and love together, you get a yandere. Embrace it. Kill the harem and keep the waifu to yourself. Or even kill them too so they can never leave you or try and build another harem again.

Coming up with waifu ideas is hard. Coming up with any ideas really. How do you guys do it

>horse
not sure how he can get that in an urban setting

but if theres good art of people with hats i could do that

you say that like its a bad thing

its bound to be more entertaining than my shit

jesus christ i worded that poorly, lily is green so you can only select green people

I sleep.

You steal from your dreams?

finally, someone who understands my fucking colour coding

It's not hard for me. Describing them properly in second language and finding suitable pictures is hard.

Yeah, some of my dreams have pretty good stuff.

I knew I had a few dreams written down, searched through my files just now and snagged a bunch.

If people are struggling to understand it, it's your color coding that's at fault. I guarantee it will turn possible players off at a glance.

Create a difficult situation within your world, ask yourself what reactions to said situation would be interesting, and develop a plausible personality for someone who would have said reaction. Then make all the pronouns female and get a fitting cute portrait.

new version: names added to shortlists to avoid confusion

>Lily
>NEET
>Spent most of her time reading yuri doujinshi and browsing /u/

YES, I'm getting bullied. I hope. I know a lot of her fantasies involve cuddles, but she can do that too.

>Amelia
>Alex

Assuming I followed the color code correctly. It really is confusing as fuck, does it mean only those with that color, so for blue it could be Clara or Victoria, or just the ones with that color for the background on their name? A better way to go about this would be to just match their color with the mistress of the harem if there's only two choices to pick from anyway. If that's the case, Lily would pick Amelia and then you could choose between Laura and Lucja. If those are my choices I'm picking Laura and hoping she's /pol/-tier autistic when it comes to her passion about politics because I can use that for more bullying.

why even bother with colour autism seriously

how much info about companions/waifus/enemies do you want? paragraph? several? just their power ?

Literally just about to ask this. I find myself with a decent idea but how far must I go into it

I-I can't...
Literally, the RaW says that the harem lead can't die.
Sophia's description implies that harem members can be, "risked," but doesn't elaborate if that risk is mortal or psychological. I'm leaning towards mortal, since you are only described as, "unaging," and the end asks you to consider reincarnating with them again. That implies both that you can die, and that there are alternative that I should look into, because these guys suck.
Maybe the others suck more, who knows?

All I know is that I'm going to spend a long time with a lot of misdirected rage unless I can get my hands on whoever got me here, a responsibility that appears to partially fall at my feet, but ultimately was arbitrated by a higher entity.

I only get it because I'm a crazy person. And I can read.

you got the colour coding wrong, see >making a cyoa without colour coding
that's one of the things i do tho
this is correct, you and the other harem members can die

>Literally, the RaW says that the harem lead can't die.
Then murder all the other harem members and tie them up in the basement.

Depends on how much they figure into the overall concept. For something like Vampire King you obviously need quite a lot. On the other hand, works like Battlemage and Fulcrum are just fine with a few sentences.

if its an adventure cyoa one paragraph is enough, though it better if there is at least one paragraph describing them as a person (e.g. personality, looks, penis girth) and at least one descring them as an asset (e.g. what they do, what's their style, what equipment they use)

good waifus require multiple paragraphs

Enemy description should depend on your style. Sometimes vague descriptions are good because you're not "supposed" to know your enemies well in adventures. Usually it's better to describe what kind of evil stuff they do and why they're ebil n shiet.

>Italics said they were making Touhou DLC and would post it.
>There is no Touhou DLC was posted.
Feels bad man.

urban fantasyish setting- often invlves team efforts to combine each characters power (one of us can summon high pressure water gets, the other can use lighting- lets combine our powers to defeat this giant mech)

so paragraph about person+description of their powers. got it.

villains are an odd one, on the one hand i personally like knowing the powerlevels and such, but its an established setting- and those kind of things are self explanatory

should i try and leave some mystery so that the villains feel somewhat threatening (assuming i manage) ?

Skeletals have priority user.

No ghost waifus ever.

Skeles are dead and have no priorities.

Neat. I personally would like it to also include what kind of body they would give you since they have control over your body.

>Sometimes vague descriptions are good because you're not "supposed" to know your enemies well in adventures

That's a damn good point, really. I fucking love bestiaries and knowing what sort of creatures exist in a world. It's the scientist in me. However, you really SHOULDN'T know what is out there. An ultra specific list of threats and challenges fundamentally alters the way you play the cyoa. The Wilds Outside is particularly guilty of this.

That is racist.

I'll be thinking about stylish tiger comboes
>even the tiger had a Devil Trigger

Nope. Can't risk it. I'm angry, not stupid.
I need to understand as much as I can about this, "Karma," bullshit. I need to learn how the system works so that I can RIP IT TO FUCKING SHREDS game it to my advantage. If I can get the relatively peaceful support of an indestructible harem lead who has at least some experience with all this mumbo jumbo, then it will go much easier. Hell, I'll even TRY TO hold myself just short of killing those poor girls Sophia's dumb enough to ask me to beat up, just so I don't incur a blood debt with that dumb broad that keeps giving me punching bags to take my frustrations out on, AKA Sophia's rival.
I need to ride this out long enough to build influence over my environment.
If I'm going to hunt a whale, I'll need a ship and a crew, and for that I need money and to not be dead.
I'M COMING FOR YOU, WHITE WHALE! I'M GOING TO GET YOU!

All the waifus in my CYOA I'm making are technically ghosts

Could someone please post some CYOAs please?

>should i try and leave some mystery so that the villains feel somewhat threatening (assuming i manage) ?

It really depends on the kind of villains you're trying to design. If it's some mysterious alien evil, keep it as vague and threatening as possible. If it's some hero-turned-villain you can describe him in detail, maybe even give a believeable justification so some people will like or feel sorry for him.

That's retarded, it implies that nobody else has lived in this world or experienced what's there to tell future generations.

mostly superpowered psychos trying to become god by killing people

or people hired by amoral scientists for terrorism and such

You're just making excuses for why you should stay in this system you supposedly 'hate' when in reality you really like it.

I think you may have misunderstood what they wrote, otherwise I don't understand what you're trying to say

Sure thing

They said you shouldn't know what is out there, that is, you shouldn't know what kinds of enemies and monsters exist in the world. But that's stupid, because people other than you have been around, know something about the outside world, and are available to tell you what's there. So not knowing anything doesn't make sense.

yes- for some enemies

but
>this is the legendary beast of darkness, though to be a mere rumor
>here is its exact weakness and all its habits

Actually disgusting.

I THOUGHT YOU ALL DIED
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS

I know right? People need to understand that flat is justice.

Ah, I didn't read it that way. I interpreted it as you wouldn't show up in a world with an encyclopedic knowledge of monster biology. Unless you took a perk for that or something.

Skeletons don't have a race only a gender and even then its ambiguous.

Break it from the top, baby. I want to become a god, and I smell opportunity here. If I can do that, I can crush the the being that actually did this to me.

That, and yanderes are garbage.
My contrarianism won't let me give them to you.

Is this CYOA good, or does it just sound silly and goofy? Just wondering for future writings.

Both, but I honestly lost interest in it after a glance.

Denial.

(You)

Lily, for the yuri. Charlotte was very tempting too. Got Amelia as a fellow harem member already, and I think I'll pick Lucja to go with us.

Very cute CYOA overall, but as this user mentioned it could be made even better by adding some more options. I think some degree of customization in your new body, with costs that go up/down or become unavailable depending on your choice of harem-master. It would likely be more costly to be a male for Charlotte, for example, but for Lily it is entirely out of the question. Meanwhile, Zahra would give cheaper access to anything lewd. Could possibly also include personality quirks alongside body options.
Oh, would also be neat to get images for those fellow harem-members!

Kill yourself, dumb frogposter.

Next will be aesthetically pleasing and less silly, thank you.

>go male
wut
did you not read the first paragraph?
>images for fellow harem members
>more options
i'm lazy and want to start a new project

Yuri is shit-tier desu.

>new project
pic related

then wouldn't they just be caught in an endless cycle of killing new harem members and obsessing about the harem lead until either they die of some random accident, or noob gets the drop on them? then what?

they just get thrown back into circulation.

immortality is a curse, and you all should have just chosen annihilation.

any happiness gained from this is a lie.

From now on user, thou art a brother of mine.
There simply HAS to be some sort of magic to set us all free.

Or at least fuck up everyone,
and everything
forever

i'm pretty sure the narrator wouldn't give you the harem option again if you did shit like that

So, Interaction CYOA anyone?

MVD

Prometheus program

printed copy

government secret

yes

>any happiness gained from this is a lie
Pfft. In the times we live in lies can be truths if you try hard enough.

itt: Idoits obssesed with the chest, not realizing that only faggots would care about fake butts, regardless of size.

you quit that american doublespeak.

so they just get fucked over harder. not that i mind, yandere is a shit fetish

Alright alright i will say it more clearly. You are trying too hard in looking the bad side of this and you would be better if you give in.