Drawthread: “'tis but a scratch” Edition

Previous >>>RULESReminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>Stay on topic

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Anchor Post

I have a concept for an undercover spy that I was hopping to get drawn up here. She is a ginger girl from the 1900's decent bit of freckles on her and curly reddish orange hair. She dresses in rather impoverished clothing of the lower working class, lots of dirt/soot and patch worked mending, as most people never gave them more than a passing glance. Her clothes are all rather baggy to hid the fact that she is a girl as she is still young and plain enough to pass as a boy unless someone really stops to get a good look at her. Some key pieces of her clothing are a leather satchel, for all her tools/weapons, a newsboy hat, she tucks her hair into it.
If she could get drawn up holding her silenced Luger pistol and maybe looking like she is concerned and/or frightened while trying to stay hidden from and unknown pursuer That would be great, otherwise I'm at your mercy to have her drawn as you see fit.

Last bump. Sorry for the spam, just being consistent on the requesting.

Can I get someone to do my Islander Elf Fighter?
He's a brown tropical elf, auburn hair, green eyes, dressed like 1, posed like 2 with the sword in 3, and instead of black, the middle of the sword is a bright emerald green.

He's kind of a jerk/hero type that found this weird sword in a cave that became exposed after a volcanic eruption (as did the rest of the party). It's cursed of course but we're not yet sure of the nature of the curse, but the idiot is proud of his stupid cursed sword because his peers are using clubs or rusted, beatup blades taken from pirates

Thanks!

Migrating.

I've played Sir Ian Stump off and on since 1995 or so. So my request is for a axe swinging knight. His colors are Red and White now. I did the yellow paint job when I was still a lad. Its a old WFB Bretonnian dismounted knight miniature.

>a friendly smug female saiyan (no tail)... simple clothing... a mix of monk/priest type of garments

i got you covered

Migrating from last thread (With some tweaks)
Requestin a character for an eventual 7th sea game (though I might use it for other systems)

He is an Eisen knight (Which is basically Not!German) and he had a very rough experience from the last war he fought.
-He shares the same feature as Chad Thundercock, depicted on pic 4, tall, a large frame and a square jaw, he also have the same blond hair and haircut.
-He is wearing the armor on pic three without the helmet
-His face have the scar on pic 5, though he still have his eye, don't hesitate to make the scar really horrible looking, the goal is not to make him a "beautiful" scar like the protagonist of the Witcher games have
-He uses a Flamberge, the huge sword depicted on the bottom

As for his pose, I put the pic number 1 as an example but if you want to draw it in a different pose it's not a problem, As long as his sword and scar is visible, I'll be happy

Thanks for considering my request!

Requesting a drawing of my Half-Elf Inquisitive Rogue/Hexblade Warlock.

He is a detective, very serious, intimidating, and he shows no fear.

He also uses a sentient rapier that has a Spanish accent and is usually cracking jokes or wisecracks. Have fun with it

If it helps at all, I'm thinking a good cop, bad cop duo with this.

Migrating

I have a simple request. Please draw my character in your style! Preferably with a playful pose/expression.

Requesting a draw of these two characters.

He is sitting at a desk sketching designs/plans, and she is next to him looking at his work and offering suggestions related to the drawings.She's only 5 feet tall.

He's tall with dark brown hair, green eyes, and clean shaven.
She's short with light hair and dark eyebrows, with gray eyes.

Please and thank you.

Anyone mind doing my character from a Lost&Found campaign?
>Amphibious human with neck gills and grey dolphin like skin
>Short Brown hair and brown eyes
>leather armor and simple sword at hip
>May or may not be wearing red swimtrunks under armor, I'll leave it to the artist
>rail/coilgun rifle
>Confident expression

For reference, Lost&Found is a setting where lost people, civilizations, knowledge and gods end up and is a chaotic mix of technologies and magics. The character is a spy acting as a wandering sellsword.

Are you doing to do it?
If so here more ideas for pose.

Gee, Bill, TWO drawings!?

I was making a joke about you essentially requesting Caulifla.

Some anons are more lucky/gather more interest from artists than other

Caulifla looks average and standard. If however someone could draw something different that would be the idea.

Migrating from the old thread, but in case its pruned it's more of a repost:

Requesting my tribal white-scale lizardfolk ranger.

Hopefully this reference picture should make most things clear, but here's a visual description of him from my character sheet:

Wuudar is a lizardfolk who proudly wears the protective tattoos of his tribe on his rough white scales. He has bony occular sockets that captures and contrasts his sharp deep blue eyes. He has a constant stare who can intimidate softies and have a hard time expressing his emotions on his face, but since he have heard from traders that trade with his tribe, that they recommend to "try to smile" when interacting with softies, but his sharp, gleaming teeth usually ends up showing and most sees it as a sign of aggression.

His tattoos cover his entire body; arms, chest, face and back are all tattooed in his tribes crimson ink.

Tall and lean but athletic in build with wide shoulders and wide foot stance. Muscular arms and shoulders show signs of training for archery.

His outfit is barechested with a sling bag carrying most of his things. His quiver is attached at back hip level. He wears leather and hide to cover his legs and hips. His longbow and machete are all made out of bone. His family heirloom, a sphere filled moving smoke hands proudly from heavy hide belt with leather straps.

Thanks for taking your time reading my request!

I notice that Veeky Forums drawthreads in general are anti-girls. Mostly dudes get deliveries.

That would be called confirmation bias

i can't really tell the gender of the poster.
but maybe it has something to do with "here is my female character xyz... and she is also dressed like a slut".
gets old real quick.

wut? it kinda goes in waves, sometimes its super waifu, sometimes its husbandos. It's not a trend or so. It just goes in waves.

A bias confirmed by the archive.

I didn't mean the poster themselves, I meant the kind of request. Requests for girls don't really get as much traction as they do on other boards.

Some anons said the exact opposite in the last thread, it's the girl character that get the most deliveries
Though, I think it boils more to the creativeness and the potential of the request,
Unless I misunderstood your post and you are talking about the sex of the poster

Now you're either lying or miserably, ridiculously new.

Thank you so much, fine people of Veeky Forums!
I have never had a request filled on the first thread and TWICE at that!
You guys are real bros.

Alright I've seen this request for far too many threads.
Here's a first WIP (no scanner nearby unfortunately), I can't really give you any date for when I'll have it colored/inked since I already have some other shits to take care of but that's still something.

Hope you like it and that the Mike Mignola style doesn't bother you.

Have a .png as well.

Requesting my duelist fighter Glinka, who might be too fond of duels and fights for anyone's good.
Thanks, hopefully, in advance.

Potential of the request more complexity or OCness?

In the end all requests are donutsteel anyway if we want true OC would be something eldritch already.

I don't mean "ocness" I could make an half blood angel-demon-dragon with heterochromia and a demon blade, it wouldbe a really shitty request.

By potential, I mean the character concept it doesnt even have to be complex, for example, these request and the sackclothed and Dr Thunder surfer from the last thread are quite interesting to draw, they have a nice concept (not especially original in some cases) but if I were a drawfag I would have been more attracted to them

As someone who occasionally draws requests, i would like to add to this, that some of the requests on here would simply require a ridiculously high skill to do properly.
much higher than the average drawfag on here would be able to manage.
keep it simple and lower your requirements.
if you need high quality art of complicated characters, you have to commission from a proper artist, no two ways about that.

>As someone who occasionally draws requests, i would like to add to this, that some of the requests on here would simply require a ridiculously high skill to do properly.
As someone who draws worse than most children, I've never been able to tell if something is too complicated for drawfags to pull off.

For instance, I once got given this in response to a brief request that I didn't really expect to be filled, and still had the nerve to bust the poor drawfag's balls over getting the colours wrong.

It doesn't seem much more complicated than the one I've got at the moment, and I've got much better references for it.

Requesting a Changling girl dressed in a red dragon onesie with her fez-wearing fey-dragon familiar.

anchor for comfy centaur request.

My point exactly but there is a line that makes it a boring request and not worth neither commission or free requests.

Imagine something like "Can you draw my waifu? She is just X and Y nothing else" people will probably think "An other waifufag looking for free requests of an other XY waifu, boring NEXT!". So its like how many times XY was requested or done by the drawfag before and how meme waifu fag it is. So its like drawfags measured the greediness of the requests somehow and how many times they saw or draw it before and are interested in the work or not. This is how I see it as an interpretation and not a criticism and its like a natural law that I respect but a way of describing it that looks somehow harsh which is not my intent.
There are also requests I would like to bump from other OR that are not mine but I would like to see them done as well but I don't do it because it's not possible to realise if its samefag or not and it could ruin that "greediness" level I mentioned.

At the same time I could however thank the drawfag who did this long time ago (even if not here) to prove I am not an unfulfilled waifu faggot complaining about something but rather interpreting the situation. I never expected for this request to be fulfilled and it was not the only request fulfilled either. So I am glad of Veeky Forums drawfags doing things here. It sort of is a lottery for fulfilled requests here but they are also filled naturally as well.

Do you guys use anchor for deliveries or what?

It's mainly used by deliverers so the OR can see his request fulfilled!

Requesting an impish, but sturdy Deep Gnome Shadow Monk wearing silken athletic wrappings on her torso, arms, and legs, and a head scarf/mask on her face and neck.

Her outfit is in part attached to rope dart/s (if you want to do some more gestural flowing lines in the composition) which are utilized through acrobatic dance maneuvers.

Migrating my bard

Male Half-Orc (green)
Hair: Short ponytail and small goatee, black hair, small amount of chest/arm hair
Build: slightly muscular
Carries small pair of war drums

Outfit:
Shirt: moderately low cut sleeveless top, white
Jacket/Vest: Sleeveless and open, flowing down to at least knees, bright colors
Pants: Black shorts, and brown chaps. Chaps don't begin until knees, leaving small amount of skin exposed between them, but nothing risque.
Brown boots

Pose can be anything you find comfortable, or something fun and bouncy. Thanks again.

A little younger than I was aiming for but still an amazing piece, thank you so much.

What is a high skilled request? I have another request that I keep for later because I feel like it's greedy and unfair to put two request in the same thread I feel it will be quite hard to fulfill because of how I imagine the eventual pose of the character

Mind if I steal that?

>implying he could stop an art burglar on an anonymous japanese imageboard

Requesting something atypical.

I'm not looking for my character to be done today - I'm looking to get a picture of a weapon done.

The weapon's a next-gen, cyberpunk crossbow. The idea's that it's a compact, spring-and-pulley crossbow which automatically self-cocks with an electric winch and auto-loads new bolts from a helical magazine.

The pulley-and-spring system I have in mind is a lot like Reference 1, with a bulky plastic case around it like Reference 2, and a helical magazine like Reference 3.

I'm fine with the end result being either a hand-sized pistol crossbow or a full-sized heavy marksman one. If you're willing, I'd be happy to receive either/both.

If any drawfriends are interested in something involving lots of colours and different light sources interacting with each-other then I've got a request for something like that.

I'm looking to get a drawing of a Neraph sorcerer (Looks like the Slaad in the reference image, but less bulky) who's in a dark forest, surrounded by swirls of colour, with each streak of colour emitting bright light.

Thanks!

Shucks!
Looks like I forgot something.

Request for Gunthar Cleric of Crom drinking ale. The frothy brew on his righteous mustache. Thank you drawfags

A guardsmen making angry loyalist noises

Looks like shit.

This is not a art commentary thread asshole.

Requesting a illustration of DrThunder (named after a empty can of discount soda found floating in a trash patch), a character in a post apocalyptic Waterworld styled game. A pure breed human 6ft male, 18 yrs old surfer boy archetype, shaggy blonde hair, shark tooth necklace, steel harpoon, conch shell on slung over shoulder on a rope, wearing black shorts, barefoot. Pose could be blowing a conch shell with one hand or two or anything really. Thank you for considering my request.

I have to say, thats fucking great user. Much love, hope you get your request fulfilled!

Come on dude.

Alright, I've got nothing els going on right now, so I'll have a go at it.
Dude or dudette?

I'm requesting a half-dragon/bee monstrosity.

Requesting an Android character for Pathfinder. She is a Void Kineticist, so she can blast negative energy and mess with gravity. As a result of screwing around with gravity, her hair always seems to be floating around her.

She is pale, with long black hair, dark eyes, and her android tatto-like circuits glow green (the same shade provided in the reference). Her nanites have completely reset her memory, so she doesn't know a lot about herself, but she is a bit of a bad ass. Feel free to have her in a action pose, shooting a energy blast dbz style (her energy and aura are the same shade of green as her tattoos)

Have fun with her.

Can I get an black haired elf knight in his skivvies desperately trying to get his fancy full plate armor on before someone walks in on him?

Souz is not an average drawfag.

Dude

Requesting a bulky dwarf warrior with Woodelf kind of aesthetics. Born and raised in the woods, fighting for woodelf reasons.

Equipped with armor thats a mixture lf both aesthetics. Norden themed helmet, but with antlers.

Green fur cape. Wielding a bow and a tomahawk.

Now that i think of it, maybe dreadlocks in his hair and beard, with these jack sparrow like marbles in it.

Indeed he is not.
Where the fuck has he gone!?

I'm not same faging

>quite interesting
I bet you giggle watching paint dry.

what?????? i can't give some random dude praise for his request? without it being called samefagging lmao. I just loved the concept man

Its cool to give drawfriends tips on how to improve, but its not cool being a cunt.

Try to draw something better

Anchor post

Tossing out a request for my Starfinder mechanic, leaning up against a wall with a small robot cat by her feet, as she smokes a cigarette. she wears either the clothing in the reference photo (though without it falling off), or high waisted shorts with fishnet stockings, paired with a loose short sleeve shirt. her robot arm goes up to her elbow and is crude, with open wires and obvious DIY fixes.

>Now that i think of it, maybe dreadlocks in his hair and beard, with these jack sparrow like marbles in it.

They are called beads you simpleton.

neat, i'll do it

awesome, I look forward to it!

Honest question. Does the art produced here belong to the artist or the requester? Or both?

Is it the artist by default unless explicitly stated? Or is the act of drawing something for someone else here essentially 'gifting' the rights of the image to the poster?

Depends on the effort of the work probably, if the artist has obviously put in loads of effort in it, it should obviously belong to them unless otherwise stated. But for easier doodles I think a more mutual ownership seems reasonable.

/r/ing a warforged made from wood and stone wearing a pinstripe suit and a short magic wand in a holster on his hip.

This is Unseen Hand, the Boss of Bosses of the underworld conglomerate my players have gotten involved with in my DnD 5ed game

You asked the same shit last week, go to the catalog and re read the answers, you moron.

Woah chill. Obviously wasn't me if I'm asking this now. :/

FUCKEN' XENOS

obviously everything belongs to Chinese moot

I want to hug this monstrosity.

sorry for the shitty quality (especially the paper, I just grabbed whatever was lying around), this is my first time drawfagging....I'm up for another one if anyone's in the mood...

*NOISES*

ah fuck i just got done, looked away from the thread too long and forgot to mention i was doing it, sorry, but nice work!
and now we got double FUCKING XENOS, and that's a double win

Nice samefaggotry

Is good

Is good too

>he's buried in snow/dirt
>the impressed commissar in the background
an extra level of hilarity

Literally who. And if he's someone important, why did he pick up such a generic request?

because why not

This one sounds fun, I'll take a stab at it

>And if he's someone important, why did he pick up such a generic request?
Oh god what autistic pile of unnecessary detail are you not getting drawn?

Mate, it was my request he picked up. Even I thought it was generic, hence my surprise that it was done the first day and to such a standard. I still had a go at this guy because the trim was gold instead of silver because I'm a audacious fuckhead.

Because you asked, though, it's this one .

Making a request for a shiny, triumphant and glorious heavily armored human knight riding into battle against his foes atop a mighty Flail Snail! With eyes stalks and barding (armor). Many thanks to you!

I did get a very cool simple comic styled fulfillment of this over a month back and wanted to try again for something more detailed.

Glad to hear it.

can't render stone or wood, hope it's alright anyway
also, sorry for the bad jokes.

How can you steal which was not me the one drawing it?

If you want the drawing to do some kind of /b/ shit like a tribute for yourself go ahead.

>How can you steal which was not me the one drawing it?
the fuck even is this sentence?

Requesting this with Krieg soldiers.