Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Yes, I am using this OP image again. Its awesome, new art that's actually good... edition.

>Old Thread
>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for MSPaint formation infographs!

I wish Iron Warriors got anything ever

First for Yvraine queen of the Imperium of Man

So anons, how meta is your faction? Do you win turnies, or are you left in dust?

I generally dont lose just through volume of never dying. Necrons are good despite what people say.

repostan, can somebody rate the list and gib me tips? first time i go to a tourney
Im playing a 2v2 tommorow, each player gets 1k points to spend.

Alpha legion 999 pts

Batallion Detachment
+HQ

Chaos Terminator Lord 124pts
1x combi-plasma
1x power axe

Sorcerer 121pts
1x combi-plasma
1x force axe
Tzeentch

+Troops

5x Chaos marines 101pts
1x Missile Launcher
1x Combi flamer
3x boltgun

5x Chaos marines 101pts
1x Missile Launcher
1x Combi flamer
3x boltgun

10x Cultists 48pts
9x autogun
1x heavy stubber

+Elite

5x Terminators 255pts
5x Combi Plasma
5x Power axes

Helbrute 114pts
Twin heavy bolter
Missile Launcher

+Fast attack

3x Chaos Bikers 135pts
2x plasmagun
1x combi-plasma
3xbolt pistol

What warlord trait and relic should I use? I want termi lord to be my HQ
I thought about Unholy fortitude + intoxicating elixir.
All units but sorcerer are Slaneesh.

Very soon

Honestly, he's not going to be too safe on tanks. He absolutely will not be able to take them out by himself, not even one, so unless they have some bad positioning, he's gonna get shot up the next turn.

Even combining lascannons with him to make sure vehicles are dead, you would probably be better off my just focusing vehicles with cannons and using that -4 AP to ruin the days of any particularly elite infantry squads (which he can definitely solo unless they're rocking an invulnerable save)

The got legion rules, traits, stratagems, relics, and they still have the best traitor color scheme. Hell, they got the best color scheme out of all the legions, save for perhaps the Dusk Raiders before Mortarion showed up and made them all snot/puke-green.

Use chainswords on the bikers because their primary armament is more than good for shooting. Gives them a chance to do something if they get charged.

Elixir is a good bet. Pushes you into 6str to mulch GEQ

I don't understand the combi flamer on the csm. Couoled with missile launcher is a waste of points imo, as the missile launcher should be sitting back 48" from anything, shooting it, while the flamer is the exact opposite. As a charge deterent it's fine, I guess but you're still not using it up to it's potential.
The rest seems solid, but maybe consider dropping the flamers for an extra bike to give your precious plas some padding?

>Lord of Flux: All enemies within 12" treat all terrain, even open ground, as difficult terrain. Any unit that runs, moves flat out, turbo-boosts, or charges within this bubble must take Dangerous Terrain.

So what will Magnus' Warlord Trait do in 8th?

>-1 to be hit from more than 12" away

I'm thinking about taking a bunch of chosen with Combi-flamers. Am I retarded?

Yes. You should do it though.

I could see them doing a "any movement within 12' of Magnus is treated as double the normal amount of distance covered"

GAMES WORKSHOP JUST REMOVED ALL FACTION KEYWORDS FROM LEGACY WARSCROLL UNITS

EXPECT ALL NON-CODEX UNITS TO RECEIVE THE SAME TREATMENT IN TIME

That's a good idea. I already have plenty of anti-infantry though. Flamers out the ass, lightning claws, murder sword biker lord, DP with axe, ExChamp with powerfist, and a berzerker squad loaded up to the gills with chainaxes. I'm unsure of how to build this guy in general.

Powerfist and elixir would make him do pretty great damage against most things, chainfist just makes that better, just.. maybe I'm too anti-infantry saturated.

source?

Combi bolters + 2xplasma+combi-plasma definitely is enough shooty. I'll give them chainswords thanks.
I wanted to make them antichargers, but I see your point about mixing them with ML. I don't have more bikers so I'll drop the heavy stubber and just give csm squads combi plasmas.

Post dudes

I'm pretty sure we knew this was going to happen.

the indexes are for 8th most likely they will go away in 9th.

rip my techmarine on a bike.

Whaddya getting at?

They just released the updated warscroll compendiums. Literally ALL legacy warscrolls lost their faction keywords including the entire Bretonia and Tomb Kings armies.

Thats exactly what's going to happen to units that were left in the index after that goes out of print next edition or sooner, this isnt news.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMBINING

I just figured that flamers were largely shit because of range, and combi-flamers are still cheaper than other special weapons, so why not, right? Chosen already have 2 attacks, so I can use them to clear away infantry pretty well.

cute dudes

So those armies are illegal now?

Bretonia was cool :/

>Literally just finished assembling a biker lord ala Doomrider with a nice custom base
u wot?

flamers get fucked by overwatch range, so you end up paying for something you might not even get to use.

rate my first model

Just picked up a start collecting box, some infiltrators and an ironstrider. Help me on what i should do next. Kastelans are really powerful i hear.

my condolences. use him while you can

Can I take a Great Unclean One in a 1000pt game as mono-Nurgle?

You won't regret buying Kastellans. Ever.

And nice job imo, he looks fuckin menacing.

Hey Veeky Forums, did you get to play any fun games today?

I tried the new mission, crimson slaughter vs the imperial fists. I deployed all my guys carefully in to ruins to remember he ignored cover.
But then he deployed, 5 squads of 10 marines in a perfect 2 by 5 block of marines all next to each other with two captains and a lieutenant in the middle, marching one behind the other. Just a tide of yellow marines marching forward with flamers and missile launchers.

But then my helbrute came in, he survived four lascannons, ran up to their lines, survived four missile launchers before throwing himself in to the enemy lines, tearing a captain apart and surviving near 20 marines trying to punch him to death.

you can do whatever you want.

follow your dreams senpai

If push comes to shove, I'll get some bikers and run him as their champion I guess..

Just pop em in a rhino with a dedicated melee squad and use them to clear a path where need for said melee guys.

Why does GW encourage conversions while also stripping fluffy options from codices? It seems really stupid.

Yes, he's a standard HQ choice. Smallest army to have him in would be him and one unit of troops so he could easily fit in to 500 points.

No. Just only playable in a Grand Alliance so you get no faction rules if you use them.

What is this thing?

two pipes banded together

I did, actually. I went to my local GW store to pick up some paints and decided to take a test-game for 8th.

It was fun. Doesn't seem like a game I would play seriously (or sober), but it's fun.

Loota

With their formation broken, the marines scattered.
Using what firepower they had they killed the sorcerer and the helbrute stopping short of the last bit of open ground before they escaped the board edge.

my first guess would be some kind of stub gun or shotgun from necromunda

Orks, Necromunda or Traitor Guard.

Thanks! What weapons should i run for the kastelans? Fists or phosphors, flamers or more phosphors? What combo works best?

Also, anyone have a tip on which ironstrider to build? Lots of options there too.

Marines smashed in to marines (the daemons didn't last a second, unfortunatly) and it was a brutal fight on both sides.
Kranon ran in with his murder sword and slapped the captain down to one wound, captain attacked taking him to down to four wounds. His marines took Kranon down to two and captain attacked again doing four damage, just when I thought it was all over I rolled his FnP only to get three sixes! Kranon lived to finish off the captain and chop up 6 of the marines over 2 turns winning the game.

And that was it, a win for chaos.

No. Yvraine is for Aeldari only.

New Ork boyz kit or Necromunda.

Honestly looks very fantasy-ish. Could be more dorfs.

This, my friends, is how Squatting works.

They are still usable, user.

Necromunda or admech stuff

or possibly AOS stuff I don't fucking know about that shit

Squats were "usable" throughout 2nd Ed. 40k too.

>slow institutionally planned removal
Muh old model genocide!!!

Can't see why not.

Orks, Necromunda, or AoS Dwarves probably.

If the index units that aren't in the codex get their faction keywords removed, how does that affect your army in 40k?

Say my biker lord got made "illegal", including him anywhere would remove my battleforged status and disallow me from getting any CP or legion traits etc?

I remember the day they removed the Squat keyworld from the 3rd Edition Index Imperium. They tricked us all into going to Games Workshop, they said there were plastic Sisters of Battle, but when we got there the Blueshirts were going from neckbeard to Neckbeard with a black marker. Thousands of Key Words were lost that day. Literally dozens of players were left without an army.

I will never forgive Games Workshop for what happened on 9/11/2001.

Can Tau be infected by Nurgle's plagues. If so, can there be Tau poxwalkers?

"Thank the Emperor! Reinforcements have arrived! Greetings Honorable Battle Brother! Are you ready to purge these filthy heretics? ...What's that smell?"

That art's cool. Where is it from?

Yes, even Necrons can be poxwalkers. Even two if they try hard enough.

Toxwalkers.

Chaos sorc with TDA and Slaanesh. Take FnP power and prescience.

DS terminators (also slaanesh), lord and sorc. Cast fnp on termies, cast prescience on termies. They're now hitting on 2+ re-rolling 1's.

Use the endless cacophony strat on the termies for 10 extra overcharged plasma shots that still hit on 2+ and re-rolls ones.

When did Mortarion fight the Tau?

high rez version in case people want to use it as a wallpaper or something

which army is the most vaporwave?
which army is the most synthwave?

hey guys the new bloke from a few threads ago here just bought the start collecting imperal guard set is it better to just get the citadel glue? or do i use any old glue from a shop?
and is it still codexes that are needed to buy or not? or is it those index things?

On his way to pick up an anchovie pizza.

Kastelans should be all Phosphor on every possible weapon mount, all the damned time. Switch them to Protector Protocols and fire 18 S6 Ap-2 D1 Ignore Cover shots per extremely tough model, they're the best unit we have in that configuration. I only have two, but they've pretty much won me games on their own.

Ironstrider variants are all pretty much equally meh, but I like my Riot Control Lance/Phosphor Serpenta Dragoon twins because they're surprisingly durable and can be used to bully anti-infantry hordes like Daemonettes away from your lines, as well as take anti-tank fire for your Dunecrawlers. Also good for objectives, but don't expect them to really kill anything other than a couple light infantry or a Marine here and there.

I'm curious, are Primaris space marines any good? I've been thinking about getting into the game and they come in the starter kit.

Noise Marines.

Might as well as pop Vets of the Long War to add +1 To Wound so you're hitting on 2+/rr'ing 1s and Wounding on 2+.

As since VOTLW lasts until the end of the phase. You can use it for your second round.

unless you know the glue is high quality, I would go with GW's stuff.

Also Indexes are like shit codexes, they're making their way through the armies to give them all codexes. IG will get their codex this year.

Is the visarch a jojo reference?

They're like two marines stapled together. The problem is that they still have one weapon and there's too many multi-damage weapons in the game.

They look cool though.

noise marines are hair metal

They still have the order keyword so your biker would have the Chaos keyword. You would use the generic Chaos traits and stuff.

Tau are MacCragge adjacent. Makes sense to me.

Also, bikers, take 2 flamer and a c-flamer with chainswords.

Warlord trait should OBV be the AL one, we are alpharidudes or whatever is called.

Give the lord a maul and take the Black Mace.

Drop the ML and give your alphas plasmas.

Don't buy any Index's. Download them from the Mega in the OP and/or get Battlescribe and print your list from there.

Some are. Some aren't.

Revell Contacta Professional.

Accept no substitutes.

Currently IG/AM don't have a codex so it's Index Imperium 2 that you need.

Yes. We're not immune to Chaos, just hard to find in the warp, so we're ignored more.

Except Tau and Ultramarines never fight.

Its probably because both factions have huge plot armour. Tau because they're small and if they lose, they kinda lose forever and Ultramarines cuz billy the 12 year old can't have his blue guys lose.

In Fire Warrior they get along.

Scythes are a really stupid weapon.

I know I know, rule of cool. Still, it's not an effective weapon.

What about the Death Guard, then? Are they more viable?

Only worth if you're shooting at high T targets or at something that needs to die very badly.

Cool. I've been interested in at least fielding one, which is why i bought them. And i did buy one especially because i am using taser goads on my infiltrators and would like to have the chicken have a huge-ass taser lance to bully with too. Is it worth magnetizing the kit to have both the ballistari and the dragoon option available you think?

Death Guard are strong and only getting stronger with their Codex next month.

We don't know yet. If the other Primarchs are anything to go by, their codex may be one of the best.

mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

New mega I've been working on to combine everything into 1

vk

None. 40k doesn't have a lot of '80s vibes. SM armor could be cool though