General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Previously on /aosg:

A thread was already made. Migrate here, please

Well, I was hoping for a Dispossessed Allies box for my Kharadron Overlords, but seeing the last thread, now I doubt that will happen

I decided to get the Beastclaw Raiders battletome today to read the lore, because I'm thinking about making an army of them in the next few months. The art is actually pretty gorgeous.

I made a magnetized display board for my army, but with points reductions in GHB 2017 the board is no longer large enough for my army.

Thanks GW.

Soon

>Tomb Kings have new Desert Legions and Embalmed keywords.
I can dream.

*blocks your path*

Fug

Sorceress as a Necromancer stan-in, yay or nay?

>starting a new army now
>cant decide
>Ghosts, Darkling, or Sylvaneth
>so have some old tzeentch daemons from 40k I never use
Why is this so difficult?

Either GW likes to see us suffer and is doing this on purpose with no payoff, or we might actually see Tomb Kings return, holy fuck.

this'n

>tfw fell for the chaos meme

Welcome to the everwinter, frostlord.
Our dudes are indeed awesome models and we have sweet beastlore. Fun to paint, fun to build.

Sadly, you come right after a balance update that ravaged our competitiveness.
Destruction abilities and artefacts totally nerfed into the ground. Our BCR ones are lukewarm at best, though flavorful.
All the battalions require you to waste tons of points on many impractical units, then also cost more on top of that.
Stonehorns got surprise nerfed and are now a slightly weak monster for its points (and so in an outnumbered elite army that is always stretched thin on objectives, our tough to kill dude got way, way easier to kill, especially by even a mid-sized swarm of weak models. Into the trash it goes).

On the plus side, Mournfang cavalry are now downright undercosted and a big bodied, solid, fast battleline. Ogors with gargant hackers are inaccurate, but great damage per hit for a battleline unit.
Thundertusks cost more, but somehow their frozen deathstar cannon remains intact, so rejoice.
We benefit greatly from allies, there being some sweet ogors and casters to bring into the fold.
Enjoy!

So with the Drycha buff (No longer hurts when doing her best Pain impression), and Spite Revenants able to be Battleline now, it is possible to make a fluffy outcast army.

That is kinda neat I guess, but I wonder how it will play,

>Butthurt compendium cucks edition

What did OP mean by this?

>look into Daughters of Khaine because wych cult in 40k
>new box is $100
>wtf.png
>check contents for value
>Cauldron is $75
>sure. It's a
>witch elves are $60
>wat
>make sure I'm not in roobucks
>nope USD
>double check to make sure they're not shitcast
>nope they're plastic
>make sure
>wat continues
Seriously. What the actual fuck? Do they come with free head or something? Sure, this box is valued at $135, but that doesn't mean it's fucking valued at $135. Like, holy fucking shit why are witch elves SIXTY DOLLARS

I have the Christmas box sitting unassembled at home, and I've been debating making outcasts, but I'm not entirely sure about Spites.

Waifu tax

This is slightly distressing as I too just picked up a start collecting too give these guys a bash..

Those kits were released during the worst point of the kirby era. You will see some of that.

They are still kinda "meh" I guess, but when you make them part of the Dreadleaf Wargrove, you can reroll 1 to attacks, and Drycha lets spites within 10 inches reroll 1s to wound. Before it was risky since she would probably kill them, but now that isn't a problem.

They would probably fuck hoard armies over, since they typically have low bravery, and the combination of bravery lowering spells and abilities that come from Spites and Drycha will hit them hard.

I don't play a compendium army, but I don't understand this move by GW. They don't need to actively support models they don't sell anymore, but they made the compendiums originally to appease players. They could have left those warscrolls alone and never had to work on them again. But they bothered to edit them all just to remove keywords in a move that seems either spiteful or greedy. What's the harm in letting old warscrolls keep the new abilities? Punishing players for wanting to use their entire collection won't inspire them to buy more shit.

Players who couldn't let go of their old armies were unlikely to buy more shit in the first place.

Welp... I guess I'm not starting DoK then. That's a fucking travesty. In fact, im not seeing any reason to start up any type of elf army. Darklings looked cool, and since I play Deldar in 40k I figured I'd take a look, but they don't really have anything. They have what, 7 options? Two of them are the same thing just not riding a dragon.

I WANT to start something in AoS, but everything that jumps out at me is like half a faction or not even a faction. At least in 40k, each army is loaded with possibility.

The new compendiums folded a lot of models into warscrolls, lost their faction keywords and got heavily nerfed.

The folding is actually a cool idea to let you play with the old models without the developers having to keep going back to make these units competitive.

However it seems that Wanderers really got their butts kicked and most of their warscrolls are now useless.

On the other hand there are a lot of new weird stuff in the name of the warscrolls that imply that more stuff will get new battletomes.
Examples:
* Tombs Kings having Desert Legions, Embalmed, Mortuary Cult keywords.
* Empire Knights were renamed Knights of Order and Brettonian Knights having lot of variety when they could be folded.
* Goblin Warboss renamed into Gitboss, which is similar to Gitmob Grots faction.

Some of the compendium units needed a chance, since they would become powerful with the addition of the new allegiance abilities (for example, pretty much any of the Compendium Wood Elves with Wanderer abilities become annoying), and since they aren't sold anymore, it would give people fortunate enough to have them an advantage.

It is stupid how they decided to completely remove most buffs from these units, THEN remove their faction keyword so they can't be taken. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave them a new keyword, and released an ally chart of some kind that shows what army can take what compendium as allies.
That way you can still use them in small amounts, and they don't become over powered since they don't share the allegiance benefits.

The Sorceresses are basically magical dominatrix empresses.

In my opinion they should've just folded more Wood Elf units into Wanderer Warscrolls.

I honestly feel like GW is waiting for the TK DLC for TWhammer to do anything about the TK. If it does well, then guess who's comin' back?

Youre an idiot. TWWH has been doing well, and nothing removed from fantasy has come back. What makes you think some DLC played by players of a computer game will bring the TK back.

Its not going to happen. Let it go. Let it all go. If anything, these warscroll changes are pretty fucking clear that GW is done with any remnants of old warhammer.

Just let it go, man.

I bought into BCR 3 weeks ago, assembled and gave them a coat of primer. Played against my buddy's ironjawz. 5 brutes near a megaboss and warchanter watched the brutes charge my 460 point stonehorn and full-to-dead kill it in one combat, even after cutting their total damage in half.

Next turn two thundertusks dealt 13 mortal wounds disintegrating the brutes. One unit of two mournfang models then stuck the mega boss and chanter in combat for 3 turns without dying, killing both slowly but surely.

>my face when stonehorns nerfed.

Is pure Deathrattle good? What command trait and artefact should I give to the Wight King?

By adding a lot of new keywords that makes no sense otherwise?

And I also find Tomb King players "soons" annoying.

Shitarse GW wank

Here, check this out, darkling covens are going to be neat.

I want to see the Artefacts!

Merry birthday

Also, gonna go take a shower, but I can post some more for those curious few after I'm out. Just let me know.

>In a Pitched Battle, your general must be a Leader, and may not be an ally
>must be a Leader

Good change

Dang it
That means i can't have Arkhan as my general

I saw that, which I think is cool as shit. It's the options for the army that are missing. It's like Nighthaunt. They have cool shit, too. However, they too are generally lacking in units. Idk, maybe I'm just being autistic.

Pitched Battle Battleplan initial impressions

1. Knife to the Heart
This seems to be a slightly modified Take & Hold. Capture both objectives to win instantly starting on round 3.
The key difference is the deployment. Instead of facing down each other 24" away you can start with units 18" away from the enemy front line. There is also more space in the deployment for flanking maneuvers. Many units can make turn 1 charges on this map, or be in range to put out some serious shooting damage.

2. Total Conquest
Standard objective control map with a twist:
If you have a unit with 20+ models you control that objective, regardless of how many models the enemy has within 6". It does not say you need 20+ models "wholly within" so this means if you have one guy from a unit of 20+ within 6" of the objective then you can claim the objective. This is certainly why they included the phrase "a unit can only help to control one objective at a time".
You gain 1 VP for each objective you control at the end of your turn.
You gain 1 bonus VP if you seized the objective this turn (ie: it belonged to the enemy at the start of your turn). This encourages you to give up an objective at deployment to bait the enemy into taking it, so you can capture it and score 2 points instead of 1.
Going first here seems like a bad idea since you won't be able to capitalize on the bonus VP mechanic.

Very cool map, look forward to playing it.

To be continued

Bretonnian Nerf list
>King no more battleshock test is now limited range to 24" (deserved)
>Fey enchantress no long heals allies, only self
>Paladin on food no longer can do single attack for d6 mortal, not only adds +1 to dmg VS undead or daemons.
>Knights of the Realm no longer get 2 attacks with lances for being 10+ models, instead +1 to hit
>Archers can no longer arrow storm if enemy is within 3, lose their reroll 1 to wound Permanently if engaged in melee, same with Stakes.
>Paladin with banner no longer gives reroll charge rolls if people can see him make a charge
>Fey enchantress spell now only gives +1 to melee attacks, not ranged
>Trebuchet now - 1 to hit targets it can't see
>We no longer have battalions
>Pegasus can't pile in and attack twice in a charge phase any more, just standard +1 to wound, +1 to dmg on the charge, which puts them at the level they were before, without charging
>didn't notice any point changes.

Buff
Grail knight buffs?
Characters can take order artifacts

anyone got the new destruction allegiance abilities? I couldn't find it in the older threads if it was posted.

Thats not the artefacts of the Darkling Covens...

Oh, there's half of them. Now I just need artefacts.

MErry birthday

Merry birthday part 2

My bad, misclick

Paladin on FOOD?

Thanks pal
~~Mwah!

Foot

3. Duality of Death
It's Three Places of Power with only 2 objectives and they can be captured by Behemoths as well as a HERO. Also, you heal every turn you sit on the objective.
Also, the deployment is restricted to funnel people into fighting in the middle. Armies with lots of models will struggle to get the deployment they want since they're losing the normal 12" x 12" slice on each side of their deployment zone.
You want to bring tough single models like a Bastiladon and units like Longstrikes that can efficiently deal with single targets.
I don't know how to deal with a Bastiladon sitting on an objective here. 2+ rerollable save that ignores all Rend and mortal wounds on 4+ and healing 1/2/3 per turn seems too hard to take down.

4. Battle for the Pass
It's Border War but the deployment is swapped. This deployment style incentivizes long range units since you can sit far away from the enemy, and to beat that you want deep strike units.
Not much more to say about that. Seems like the most "standard" map so far.

I don't think you're being autistic. A sample army of a darkling covens force I was thinking about is this.
Darkling covens
Heroes:
Sorceress 80
Sorceress 80
Sorceress 80
Battleline:
Darkshards x30 300
Darkshards x30 300
Executioners x30 480
Executioners x20 360
Bleakswords x40 320

The Neave model is pretty fucking bananas.

7 base attacks, +1 for every 6 to hit.

5. Starstrike
It's Gift of the Heavens but with 3 meteors. The first one lands in the 2nd round in the middle of the board and then in the 3rd round a meteor drops in each players territory.
You need to be within 3" to control these objectives, which means you can easily block the enemy from getting near them.
You can't commit to fighting on turn 1 here because you don't know where the meteor will drop. If you try to take the whole map then you spread yourself too thin, but if you commit to one side then you risk losing because of a dice roll. You want to sit back the first turn and see what happens. Heavily promotes shooting armies since you don't want to engage turn 1.
Very interesting map.

6. Scorched Earth
6 objectives, 3 in each players territory, each worth 1 point at the end of the turn.
You can destroy your opponents objectives for D3 points and permanently remove them from the map.

This promotes defending all 3 of your points, which means synergy armies like Free people will really struggle here. A suicidal marauding force that destroys one of your objectives can end the game if you don't have the power to do the same back to their side of the board.
You can either play this as a pillager, swooping into enemy territory and destroying their objectives, or as a defender that tries to hold back the pillager and then riposte. For the former you want fast, aggressive units that can punch through battlelines, and for the latter you want a lot of shooting and mobility to capture the enemy objectives.
Going first here is a tremendous benefit! If you can score 3 + D3 and your opponent only scores 2 on the first round then you are very likely to win the game... unless you get double turned and lose 2 of your own objectives.

Is there a starter box for any of that or is that all just taken up the ass?

>stormcast can ally with literally any order faction
>any order faction can ally with stormcast

Hmmm

>seraphon can only bring Stormcast allies

I kinda like this from a fluff perspective. Normal people treat the Seraphon like enemies, or at least don't trust them enough to fight alongside them.

Why are Wanderers still allied to Sylvaneth? They killed everytning wood elf about them now.

They're like distant cousins

They used to live in the realm of life and they worship life magic/alarielle, but during the age of chaos they had to flee.

Sylvaneth see them not only as traitors, but as people divorced from their ability to live with nature.

Source: Grand Alliance Order

No starter unfortunately, so only your average LGS discount which is about 550 at 15% off retail. Now you can make it cheaper by dropping infantry and putting in a dragon or something. I just like the idea of a lethal legion of aelves.

To further my concern about a starter box:

>Sorceress 80
>Sorceress 80
>Sorceress 80
$15 each. Sadly it's expected.
$45 for them

>Darkshards x30 300
>Darkshards x30 300
$35 for 10, that's $210

>Executioners x30 480
>Executioners x20 360
>Bleakswords x40 320
FIFTY DOLLARS PER 10
That's $450 for the above units.

All in all, that's a whopping $710.

>see them as traitors
>still ally with them
Why

>phoenix stone now heals 1 wound in EACH PLAYERS hero phase
>obstinate blade and relic blade can be used on mount weapons

Why do Seraphon get a +1 Rend relic when there is an Order relic that does the same thing?

Don't buy MSRP user. GW allows sellers to go up to a 15% discount, so make sure of it.

because they still love nature and worship alarielle

theres also thousands of years of kinship before the age of chaos forced the wanderers to flee the realm of life

That's disappointing to hear, but not enough to deter me. I just love the models primarily, and I'm having fun thinking of some fluff for My Dudes. Probably won't start working on them until this GW Path to Glory event is over.

That's still insane, though. I could get a lot more from an army with a boxed set for the same price. Darklings are cool, but needing 9+ $50 boxes remind me of why I stopped playing fantasy.

The Paladin has no save or is a compendium mistake?

Just about every Battalion went up in points though. Even with a nerfed destruction ability, increased cost for the powerful beasts, and a bit of a nerf to Stonehorn durability, you're still going to have an incredibly powerful army. You're no longer brainlessly rolling a majority of your opponents anymore.

It's a steep price. The other army I'm looking at getting is 70 Phoenix guard, 3 cryophoenix with anointed, anointed on foot and ally in 2 loremaster for 2000 points exactly. And after discounts is only 400.

TK warscroll changes

>tomb herald bodyguard requires 2+, no longer automatic
>tomb scorpion must set up >9" away from an enemy, used to be >6"
>they removed the spell to summon skeleton crew for catapults

Anyone notice anything else?

Youre talking about the noble champion? He has a 3+ save. I know this because the text for it is hidden behind the image. If you open the PDF, and click and drag the area where the save is, you hilite something. Copy and paste it into notepad or something and it comes up with a 3+

Nighthaunt is fairly cheap because I have two box seats to pick from. I was kinda hoping they could ally ghouls because then I could grab a Flesheater box because I love the Dragon/Terrorgeihst kit. I could still get just that kit for the the vampire, which is a better ally I guess.

Idk, I'm all over the place.

Dude I know your pain, I was originally going to get 6 boxes of the barrowlords, but once I saw the point deductions on my old love the Phoenix guard, I was conflicted lol

Ffs boys, 2+ 3+ reroll in 1s, two attacks and two dmg a model
That's how good you could make the knights. I might just sell for profit and call it for these boys.

Since Crown of Conquest got nerfed to unusable and Skaven Chieftan with Standard is a wet fart now. What do I do to functionally run Skaven Verminus.

Yea. There really isn't anything that says "Pick me! Definitely this!" to me. It's frustrating.

Where can I get some knight helmet bits for my stormcast. Hate their heads right now. I want some m'lady lookin knights or some deus vult dudes

Neave Blacktalon didn't have HERO keyword.

>Moonclan grots get a ten point increase
>with the maximum unit discount, they wind up costing as much as they did before the point increase

Cheeky fuckers

I always liked grots, specifically spooder grots and magehat grots, but the thought of having to paint a gorillion tiny gobbos makes me want to crawl into a corner and die.

nice quads, human.
The battalions went up, your little dudes went down and it almost evens out depending.

Skal used to be okay but with allies hunter+cats is shit, even for less points per model now.
All the other close ones require non-frostlord stonehorns and beastriders, and those were arguably not worth it before the nerf, and now definitely not. A sub-par artefact and slightly less drops is way not worth spending an extra ~2-300 points on shit.

460pt Frostlord used to be a beast with battlebrew and old stone skeleton. Without battlebrew he hits like a 400pt hero, if he isn't on the charge he hits like a 350pt hero. With stone skeleton either half working or entirely not affecting anything depending on who's swinging, he's worth 100 less points.
Without both? Take an equivalent point value of mournfang it's not even close.

Your mournfang are now great for their price and thundertusk is a slightly costlier, less mobile, but still terrifying death cannon. Load up on both and get yourself some ally ogor butcher wizards imo

Moonclan are simple since they're mostly two colors

noob question, can I remove slain models that are in combat range essentially removing the unit from combat by being farther than 3" away from the attacking unit?

Anyone here painted Drycha? Any sub-assemblies recommended or just build and paint?

Greyseer can keep your rats around a little longer

If I ordered the Warlord edition of the generals handbook to my local gw, will it be available to pick up today, or will I have to wait longer. Because I got an email saying that it was dispatched just a few hours ago

W-why was I quoted?

Well, I bought Spire of Dawn just the other day and have Skaven Pestilens starter box.
Hope my army isn't useless with the new changes because I wanted to focus on Verminus

Yeah Moonclan are pretty much "My first horde army" the army.

I love them to death, but it is very much true. Easy to assemble. Easy to paint. Very straightforward tactics with them for the most part (Send Horde forward. Have big thing flank/ have fast thing steal objective)

MFW the memeposters were right

just got done painting 40 god damned clan ratties for a verm list...
is the army completely unviable now?

Her blue inset pieces can be a bit of a bitch after assembly, but aside from that its not too bad

We don't really have an army the same way others do. Yet. You can take your shitload of clan rats and Stormvermin with your allies of other stuff, but personally I'm just playing Skryre with my 400 points of Clanrats as my allies.

Is now a good time to start a deathrattle army with the release of the new generals handbook?

Didn't DR get literally nothing?

Grave Guard battleline if allegiance.