Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go Edition:
What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball? Would she try to sneak it in or just wear it openly?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

>What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball?

Their noble's outfit and signet ring, of course! My character is a finely-bred nobleman of exquisite pedigree, with the mind and manners of a courtly man, there is nothing he should have to hide from his peers except perhaps a sword cane.

You're not thinking far enough outside the box on this one. It's not what I can sneak in. I'm the one being snuck in. After all, who would dare try to separate the young noblewoman from her new favorite porcelain doll?

Creepy doll halfling singlehandedly redeemed what has always been my least favorite fantasy race in every other D&D-like.

How in the world does an escape artist check help you get into a party, or help you avoid being seen

How do you fix Corruptions /PFG/ I really want to use them as a mechanic in my campaign but taking away characters after three failed saves seems far too harsh.

Don't make it three failed saves. Keep giving your PCs choices--if they choose something that would feed their corruption, or that is generally evil, their corruption advances.

Just make the players understand their characters have gone evil and they must remain IC, in sort of a similar way when a CG character gets Reverse Alignment'ed.

Take a look at PLD's system, it seems to be working for them.

He'd just stomp in with his full gear on and growl at anybody who says he isn't the striking image of modern fashion sensibilities.

Is there any bard spells that could be classified as dark magic?

Define dark magic first.

I mean, yeah. Lots that COULD be considered dark magic. In the level 1 spell list alone there's

Beguiling Gift: A spell made entirely for lying
Cause Fear: Scares people
Charm Person: Denies someone their free will
HIdeous Laughter: Fucks someone right up with laughpain
Poisoned Egg: Make poison for which to kill someone
Unnatural Lust: This one's even a sin
Ventriloquism: Attempting to pass off ventriloquist as a profession or a kind of entertainer to children in this day and age is pretty much evil.

If she suspected that shit might go down she might wear her armour under her dress. She doesn't need to sneak in weapons since she can summon one instantly. If she has access to the premises before the event she might stash her vigilante equipment somewhere out of the way, just in case.

>What kind of adventuring equipment would your character try to bring into a masquerade ball? Would she try to sneak it in or just wear it openly?
A set of armor that can be summoned and banished at will, first of all. Then a wand up her snatch.

Do your party members ever sexually bully each other?

Spells that scream "I'm a bad guy."

Yes.

The team healer seems to have only joined the game on condition that they were allowed to molest their friend's PC.

ERP is genuinely the worst thing to grace God's Green Golarion.

I've seen multiple people on Roll20 in the last month try to convert published Paizo APs into ERP games in the past month, and have already killed myself.

I'd check out some of the corsets that exist in the game. One is even classified as armour.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Aside from the slightly expensive cost, why is water of maddening so strong? Passing the save means you can't do jack but run, and a failed check is stupidly harsh for a simple lvl2/3 spell
Plus an alchemist can just chuck them at people since he'll always produce multiple vials of them at a lower cost and faster time
Is there anything i'm missing?

>and have already killed myself
Wait, then how are you posting if you're a ghost?

Dominate spells. fear effects, crushing despair, Dirge of Victorious Knights if you want that LE evil, Shadow spells, Visions of Hell, Summon Accuser and Summon Infernal host, Phobia, Feast on Fear, Overwhelming Presence, Nightmare, Smug Narcissism and Cure Light Wounds.

You mean "do PCs ever rape other PCs"?

I'm pretty sure that hasn't even happened in a shitfest like PLD. You want the FATAL thread, not /pfg/.

I might finally be able to finish the second book of Reign of Winter since it has been on a hiatus for over a month now and I can't wait to disappoint my players with how underwhelming the final fight is. I also get to use a character that originated as a background joke for another character.

Hopefully the next session of the colourful, swashbuckling airships game will be this weekend. We've managed too steal back my mother's ship (she was a tiefling pirate lord who disappeared mysteriously with her ship drifting back too port). While now having too get a crew, rearm the ship and delve into secrets about a book that rewinds time too the previous dawn or dusk when the owner dies and the coming of an undead pirate fleet in search of it.

I'm a level 5 swashbuckler and got a level 5 investigator as well. I've been agonising over where too take my flying blade swashbuckler next.

If he's not powerful enough to grab the first napkin, then he doesn't get to determine modern fashion sensibilities.

No. I've had two married couples at my PF game, and it was PG-13.

Work. While I'm there, I'll be making a reference guide for the Ordained Defender / Forgemaster of Dumathoin.

I also have to cut/paste Forgotten Realms material for the above Gold Dwarf from the Smoking Mountains, and the Moon Elf Kensai / Admixture Evoker from Silverymoon that have found themselves in the Old Empires (not!Delian League).

I think I have to make a pregen for a Halfling Warlord / Archaeologist (Bard) since the guy didn't show up last time.

I'm planning to apent it comi g up and writting the backstory and personality of a steppe Tiefling.

It's a ghost post.

Oh? Can you share the joke, or would that be telling?

Should PC be banned from entering a tavern with their halberds and polearms in hand? Would armor be banned too?

From whom did you reacquire the ship? Do you have anything specific in mind for the crew or armament?

Don't let the final fight be underwhelming! You're the DM, spice it up so they feel satisfied once it's over.

Put a barrel by the door like restaurants do for umbrellas.

Armor probably isn't a problem, since it's almost purely protective, though it might get them some weird looks. Obvious weapons should probably be banned and left at the door no matter what they are.

yes.

the bookshelf never stood a chance.

How did they find themselves there?

Do you have anything down thus far? Any particular direction you'd like to take?

The joke really was that she was his nagging, generic noblewoman wife who had a tendency of fainting after the latest gruesome trophy was brought in and that my character only dodged a divorce because he always flew out the window when somebody brought the papers on the table. Now she is and the complete opposite, being a capricious prankster and a loving wife despite the husband having a tendency of scaring away visitors by brooding on the house like a common grotesque.

Depends. Usually open carrying means that you are either a mercenary or a guard in most cities and armor is just a different type of status symbol. In some cities there might be restrictions due to harsh laws and nasty rulers (such as in Irrisen you can't carry anything larger than a dagger and more protective than a leather armor without attracting attention of the man eating troll guards of the place)

Thing is that were I to spice it it would be a completely different encounter considering the context and the problem with it is not the fight itself, but the enemy being not something you'd expect as the ending fight of a book.

Just using 1pp material only what's is the best way to build a magical girl?

There's a vigilante archetype just for that, Sailor Moon transformation and cute animal familiars included.

>Play a Magical Child Vigilante
>Take a Mauler Familiar-your pet's vigilante identity is an Improved Familiar, so it's pretty much the only way to get a Mauler IF

Depends entirely on the strength of the local leadership and their proximity to the establishment. If you're in a metropolis ruled over by a wizard-king, it doesn't matter if you're Big Shit Level 18 Paladin Glorai'el. Your stick goes in the barrel.

If you're in a smallish town with guards comprised of local militiamen far away from the nearest army? Nobody ought to say anything as long as the weapon stays on your back.

That said, there's no good time to enter even the dinkiest of taverns with your weapon drawn and ready, unless you plan to rob and/or kill someone inside. If the place isn't tough enough to run you out, then the place is now closed and you are in charge until you leave.

Crunch wise is more or less done. I have already chosen the name, family, lifestyle, and birthplace. Now, I need to figure out themes fitting such character and a good backstory to explain all her skills.

Is it at least a cathartic ending fight? If it turns out to be some old man that you can't really make into a BBEG that's understandable, so long as it's dramatically fulfilling.

Another pirate lord who took over what was left of my mother's things (manor house, dock, the ship itself) while I was young and away from the floating city we are based in.

My plan is too try and draw in some of her old crews, along with the usual claims of acquiring treasure, etc. We managed too already "recruit" a witch and half-orc.

I'm planning on us running some merchant raider type operations against other pirates. Let them think we are just defenceless merchants then attack when they board to get our first cannons.

...... I was already stuck between deciding on picking up Unchained or Intrigue next. This has me leaning more heavily towards Intrigue.

What the hell is even happening in PLD lately anyways?

Who cares?

The Smoking Mountains are close to Chessenta, so a Gold Dwarven prospector could simply walk there.

The Moon Elf hasn't sent me his backstory because I haven't sent him the Realmslore.

Why not just use the PFSRD and have access to everything, then buy the pdfs with stuff you know you like?

It would be for HeroLab, not a physical book. I mean, I have a great number of the pdfs courtesy of troves but that's more for having them. I don't buy anything for HeroLab unless I'm actually going to use it.

Oh. That makes perfect sense. I just make my own sheets so that had not occurred to me.

Are halberds in pathfinder proper halberds or are they closer to polleaxes?

In pathfinder it's basically a longspear that you can also chop people with if you choose, so take that as you will.

No worries. I like to make custom paper sheets as well, but HeroLab has a definite convenience to it, especially when throwing something together quickly or seeing how things would work out.

JJ is a piece of shit. Why would you accept his errata of Her purity but reject Buhlman's errata of feats and items?

Because JJ's stuff is subjective. It can be taken as good or bad.

Buhlman's erratas are often just shit.

That archetype isn't very good though from what I've seen. Worth dipping for the transformation I guess

>Unlimited Rape Works
>working

You don't need to be a magical child vigilante in order to get a transformation sequence

what's the worst mistake you can make when playing an AP or campaign? As in "didn't read the setting notes" bad mistake.

I'll start us off

>Never play a Mesmerist in Iron Gods.

I want to frick frack that paddy whack.

It's a viable choice for Dragon Disciple, though.

Someone suggested taking mauler familiar earlier, which could make it pretty solid with the right choices, particularly with a dip into Eldritch Guardian fighter. Mauler's Toughness and a high Con go a long way to your familiar's survivability.

That's a little shocking. Isn't it a game about rape?

Ensoulment greentexts when?

The problem is this encourages weapon theft, which in turn encourages PCs to just brazenly break the rule or avoid socialization completely.

PLD is about the PCs getting raped by monsters.
If you mean FATAL, then you're wrong, but only in that it isn't a "game" in the first place.

Ask one of the players or Vult

Can we not?

Rape.

Hmm maybe a warloc vigilante with the magical transformation talent would make for a better magical girl

There is no realm where chastity somehow excluding ladyfucking is a good change

>make a party without a wizard in RotR

Unironically, look at Everyman Gaming : Corruption Codex (as provided). Augunas may be a furry in denial, but he does address the problem. Jolly worked on it, too!

An armored PC's entering a tavern? No problem.
However, an armored PC's attending a wedding, may raise a couple of red flags.

I hope they killed C3

>there are up to 25 people around the world right now with nothing better to do except bitch about someone playing an ERP pathfinder game
This is why the Alt Right is growing

Why are hobgoblins so god damn good?

Are there stats anywhere for a bugbear PC race?

>PLD is about the PCs getting raped by monsters.
Oh. I thought they like got turned into monsters or something. Figured that could open some doors to intraparty rape.

That happens too, as a byproduct

They're generally good but don't have any super cool specialties.

Fuck off, ya Nazi prick

A better hobgoblin adventure would be nice. Something with diplomacy and pitched battles and shit

Intra party vanilla you mean

With knots

Has Cashmere gotten loved tenderly yet?

They fought off a Kraken a bit ago and now are sounding out a new city and attending a banquet for slaying an infamous dragon.

Hobgoblin legion game.

Fucking badass. Legionaries, warmages, fucken hob commandos and shit

I want to play a character that tries to be dark and edgy but keeps getting brought into lighthearted situations by his good-aligned family and friends!

>sounding out a new city
>sounding
IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU PEOPLE

Would a Psionic power that fucks with an enemies nervous system be Psycho-Metabalism or Telepathy?

>hobs
>magic users
Look at this fucking elf with his fancy magic

Hobgoblins only hate arcane magic.

Alchemy, Psionics, Divine shit is all good.

>only two kitsune, one is a tiny image and the last is in the back of the book

it's okay

Vults working on that

Yes, but certainly not stretchy, fun urethras

Nigger, read a book. They literally have warmages