ITT: Fantasy Regionbuilding

Instead of building an entire world, let's build a small region roughly the size of Ireland instead, the older, timeless sort of pulpy set up for an adventure that wouldn't be too out of place in a Forgotten Realms book or a low-level old-school advanced d&d campaign. You know what I'm talking about, if all goes well, this'll be much more fun than a standard setting creation thread. Feel free to post fantasy art, dice tables, or whatever else strikes your fancy. I'll be here all night, and I've got a few digit rolls planned to set up the framework, let's get started.

Digits decide the regional climate:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Temperate coniferous woodland leaning towards cold temperature.

Sparse wintery wasteland deep within a secluded mountain range valley

Professionals dotting the land and training apprentices sent to them in various trades and tricks. Hunters deep in the forest, Mages up in the mountains, Retired Knights out in the plains, etc. These apprentices return to their towns with their new skills after several years, but some stay and take over the master's position.

Boreal forest of 200ft tall trees with rocky cliffs bordering most of the coastline. Rainy, foggy, hot and moist weather.

A vast wilderness dotted by earth motes floating above teeming jungles.

How about steppes, about 60 degrees on average? Very sparse trees. and two rivers flowing from the far north (outside the zone) to an ocean south (coast is inside).

Oddly, within certain portions of the forest region exists a form of quicksand which can easily consume travelers unaware of the matter, or especially the lay of the land.

Mediterranean climate, moderate temperatures, hot and dry summers.

Basically the Sonoran desert. Depending on elevation everything from thorn scrub to grasslands to coniferous forests, and a few almost totally uninhabitable wastelands. Cold nights, hot ass days, 340ish days of clear predictable weather and 15 days a year of heavy rains that come from nowhere and disappear as quickly.

TREES ARE MADE OF BATMANS

GROUND IS MADE OF LAVA

A crisscrossing group of Grand Canyon equivalents with several ruins of long lost structures while mostly being overgrown by jungle. Monsoons will occasionally flood the Canyon floors.

swamp

RUSSIA

How about some woody plains with wheat fields

>Thread dies a stillbirth because nobody can actually roll any goddam digits.

I like this one.

Reroll

Eastern Europe, bogs, tundra, and all!

A massive rain-forest that has somehow replaced an inland sea, where the trees get larger and denser the farther in you go until they become in the deepest parts thousands of feet tall and so massive that the roots at the base form a series of twisting tunnels similar to the Underdark.

the inside of pepe's giant asshole

A dull, sleepy, and quiet forest, suddenly imperiled by a sudden disaster

Holy fuck, I never realized just how tiny the isles and by extension europe is.

Reroll

appalachia style hill country

a blighted desert where nothing grows

Rerolling

Holy shit I was right!

Reroll for the jungle Canyon.

This one desu.

I'll vote this one

Checkem

there you have it

OP here, and checked! Now, onto the next stage.

Digits decide the region's primary race/culture, digits also decide two of the region's secondary races/cultures, each race/culture must be selected by a single post, rerolls on a single post are fine.

Primary Race - Minotaurs
Secondary races - human Aborigines and birldlike people

Primary: Slow-moving, but lovable chameleon folk

Secondary: Human Aborignes

Fuck

Genies for primary race!

Primary race-Kobolds.

Secondary race-Humans.

Primary - Gnomes
Secondary - Nature loving Giants

The primary race are Treepeople/Ents

Reroll

Re rolling

Winner!

this is a no get thread

The second race are a group of nomadic humans that travel through the region via the use of giant beetles

Secondary race are a clan of lizardfolk who live in the swampy bottem of the canyons.

Rolled 18 (1d100)

did you know you can use dice+1d100

OP you alive?

Fuck it. I'm taking over for OP now that he has abandoned us.

>What we have so far is a group of ruins in a lush Jungle Canyon currently inhabited by ents wth a clan of lizardfolk Inhabiting the waterline at the bottem of each canyon.

Dubs decide what is up with the ruins.

the ruins are the remnants of a large temple of a now long forgotten god

Bonus if the Lizardfolk have to fend of giant bugs and spiders at the bottom of the canyon
youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388

The ruins are a part of what was once a grand city carved into the canyon walls, but now they are all deserted and home to local settlements of Ents and Lizardfolk

Giant limpit shellfish cling to the canyons walls awaiting the next flood that could be in a year or a decade. The dim gleam of the luminescent minerals in their shells give natural light to the deeper canyons.

Lizardmen shamans learn to read the patterns of their placement and movement to predict the next flood and the fortunes of their people.

The ruins were once a prosperous civilization, then a dark god corrupted the inhabitants, turning them into monstrous creatures. The Tree Ents guard the ruins so as to not let the horrors spill out into the jungle.

Rolling in favour of this one

Beetlefolk for the other secondary race

Oh hey, I remember having teenage sexual fantasies about that minotaur

Roll

Dungeon was a hell of a town, user.

Ok.

Let's learn some more about the this threat that has been sealed away.