>inb4 muh sword
>inb4 muh bow
>fuckin bash
>fuckin smash!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_and_planet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The poleaxe.

What other weapon literally has an entire setting based on it? Checkmate, swordfags.

Bludgeoning damage is best damage. I'm also fond of axes and spears, but the former is basically a single-edged mace for all intents and purposes and the latter is just too good NOT to like. All three are piss-cheap and effective though, and that's part of the appeal.

I swear to God, poleaxes are the new katanas.

Poleaxes? Jeez, that takes me back to the days of playing Conquer

Utility weapons are so hot right now!

They do a bunch of different jobs. That said, they are really only well suited for the type of warfare they were designed for.

Doesn't magic make all weapons redundant?

Off the top of my head Sword World is the name of a setting

What's the difference with a halberd?

Swordhammer just sounds stupid user

Halberd is more of a axe-spear and used in formation. Poleaxes are dueling weapons.

nice

checked

no

I like just the simple brutality of clubs. Man's best friend through the ages.

Best RPG weapon? Tau Plot Armor

Eldritch magics.

Broadly speaking, halberds were longer. If you want to get into the details though, there were halberds shorter than pole axes, and vice-versa. The universal difference was probably one of form, where a halberd was made with the head as one solid piece socketed onto a shaft, while a pole axe head was at least two pieces, one being the axe part which was mounted to the shaft in the manner of a traditional axe, the other being the spike on top which was attached over the top.

Hey, MC Hammer, can you cut this rope for me?

The CLANG

That's not a warhammer though?

It's not a warhammer in 2e, that's for sure

>Not using a guandao, official weapon of the god of war

For what purpose, peasants?

Depends. Assuming you are fighting alone I would take a war hammer (not a maul with a 30 lbs head) and a shield since it is much more effective against armour than a sword or axe. However when it comes to monster a polearm of some fashion would be better for the better reach and leverage to deal more devastating blows.

HEMAfags, i swear to you. if i wanted realism, i'd watch a documentary or read a book instead of watching game of thrones or playing a TTRPG

Go on. Do so. Ignorance is not a virtue. Also Game of Thrones sucks.

If you can swing around a 23lb all-metal spear and not die of strain in the first 30 seconds of combat then more power to you.

This

Lady, it's not a warhammer, it's a maul

You call that a warhammer? This is a warhammer.

What if I wanted to play an expressly UNREALISTIC game?

Wow, its been four years since the last time I saw that page.
Wonder how the old group is doing

best weapon, not tool m8

warhammer, maul, warhammer, war pick, tomato, tomato

>Assblasted Impfag

That's a Starfinder Android, jackass.

Sword and Planet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_and_planet

>warhammer, maul, warhammer, war pick, tomato, tomato

I say "Belladonna", you say "tomaaarchl*bueerk* oh please help I don't wan't to die oh ple... *thud*". I say "Indy 500", you show up with a forklift.

Durka durka?