Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Swolbrute edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos finally got ONE
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/laser-rifle-mk2-x5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Machine God!

>AoS preorders up on NZ site
At least another week until DG

Link to last thread?

Third for kasrkins of old.

Previous thread:

Got a doubles 2k points tourney coming up. 1k points per player. I'm bringing my Deldar and my friend his orks. He's running literally nothing but boys and bosses and I've got ravagers/blasterborn. How fucked is everyone else?

01010000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100001

>games at my flgs are generally 1500 points
>I could double my kasrking/scion army and still be a hundred points under
It's thirty one guys plus transport for barely 700 points

>Mortarion bothering himself in a skirmish against Tau

So what unit/s in your army do you think will be nerfed when said army gets a new codex?

I expect all around buffs

Asking since I didn't get a response in the last thread: What should I model my brother captain with? I want to minorly convert the regular SM Terminator Captain like they did in the GK codex.

I expect all around nerfs

>buddy gave me half a dozen beakie helmets for some stuff
>have no more extra marines to use them with
>have no need for more infantry so getting another squad feels pointless
>have enough characters stocked up so I don't need any in particular
>no modeling projects in mind to use them with
NAAAAAARRGHH

Just keep em around and you will find a use for them one day.

>buy hemlock from NZs version of ebay
>25 bucks off retail price
>still on sprue
>seller ships it with just the name of my town and my phone number on the package
>post office rings me up (yesterday
>say if I give them an address they'll ship it to me tomorrow (today)
>4:44pm
>still no package

This is some fucking bullshit.

I expect dark eldar to stay about the same, though the addition of relics and tactics etc will be an overall buff.

It took me a second to realize you were talking about an Eldar hemlock and not the highly poisonous plant.

Well, just going by battle reports guilliman seems to be in every ultramarine skirmish

Matt Ward is my hero.

Either would be good right now.

I don't know much about the Alpha Legion but I like their aesthetic. How does this list look? Trying to really benefit from that -1 to hit trait.

Battalion Detachment

Chaos Lord - Blade of the Hydra, Plasma Pistol - 81
Sorcerer - Force Sword, Plasma Pistol, Death Hex, Prescience - 109

Chaos Cultists x39 - Heavy Stubber x4 - 172
Chaos Cultists x39 - Heavy Stubber x4 - 172
Chaos Space Marines x20 - Plasma Gun x2, Combi-Plasma - 286

Helbrute - Missile Launcher, Twin Heavy Bolter, Mark of Slaanesh - 114
Helbrute - Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon, Mark of Slaanesh - 147

Chaos Bikers x6 - Chainswords, Meltagun x2, Combi-melta - 215
Raptors x10 - Plasma Gun x2, Combi-plasma - 211

Havocs x7 - Lascannon x4 - 191
Havocs x7 - Heavy Bolter x4 - 131
Havocs x7 - Autocannon x4 - 171

Total - 2000
Command Points - 6

Are scions still their own thing? I'm thinking of returning to 8th by converting a small force of arbitrators and thought that scions would probably be my best bet to actually play them like a force of arbitrators. If that's not the case, any ideas other than just using regular guard? Perhaps run them as marinlets?

Marine scouts maybe?

It's not a great mash up either way.

all of the indexes are in the mega in the OP. Which is to say yes scions are still a thing

What colour is the bottom of the Black Heart DE raider?
I don't think it's just leadbelcher, but I can't really tell off the store, and I can't find a list anywhefe.

Cause he's OP yo

user don't you know? Mortarion is the end of the campaign. After its over, Morty will show up personally.

And the best they've ever been

They went from garbage tier to tippity top

>tfw you've been playing kasrkin since 5th

I'd suggest mixing your weapons on your havocs more. Since everyone has split fire there is no reason not to and it makes it much harder for enemies to focus down whatever it is they fear. If they want lascannons dead they'll have to kill heavy bolters or autocannons and the reverse is true.

I don't care about Konor or special characters. I want the codex and the plague marines.

And the damn things sell like hot cakes now, it's hard to even get the shittier 5man boxes. Good thing I stocked up on them in 7th when they were just mediocre and gimmicky.

I have a couple units in as allies for my sisters army, I am ordering more now.

Is Plasma spam the main way to go or do volley guns still have a place?

Someone? Please?

Volley guns for line squads that don't deep strike, plasma and melta for those that do. Apply liberally to anything that you don't like. Don't forget that the primes can deep strike too and get ready to reroll all the ones from overcharged plasma.

I think you need one more cultist in each squad to qualify for the four heavy stubbers.

There's like 60 gazillion different scifi human soldiers you can get from 3rd parties.

>EU 50/50 Chaos/Imperium control
>US Chaos control equal to global control
>UK Chaos Control equal to the difference between EU/US
Chaos will win week six too right?

>He's running literally nothing but boys and bosses
So how many full mobs of boyz does your friend have?

>Chaos will win week six too right?
The campaign just started yesterday user. Don't get too cocky.

going against a necron force with my admech army. Only small 750pt match but he is running almost all necron warriors and immortals and I am having a ton of trouble with them. Any advice on dealing with the grey march?

Chapter Master
Teeth of Terra
Storm Shield
Shield Eternal
Armor Indomitus

Those are the best upgrades for a Captain, pick whichever ones you're able to take.

Volley guns are pretty good, ap-2 and Hvy 4 is great against medium infantry and even makes heavy infantry nervous. Plasma is also good for sheer cheapness but either eating an elite or ten man troop.

Grey Knights, my dude. Looking to see which Nemesis Force weapon he should equip.

Start beheading your miniatures

>linking to previous thread in new thread but not linking to new thread in previous thread

Pointless

>to knew too no catalog and filters

>implying

How the fuck do you think I got in here, moron? The point being made was that why bother linking previous thread if you're not even going to link forward. That's like wearing a condom when you're not even going to have sex.

>Death Hex

Take Nurgle keyword and give sorc his power so he can buff your units. Death Hex has too low of a range.

You could take Tzeentch mark/power and have the option to swap into Death Hex if needs be.

Commander spam lel
Hopefully balanced by buffing what is weak

You don't need a mark to swap powers

Pic related are from Warlord games.

Do you think it would be easy to convert them to guardsmen?

Armor fits in 40k with the right world. Shit, steel plate probably protects from las better than flak armor.

Okay, anons. Just got my rulebook. Cant find rules for assigning warlord.
I assume any HQ or Sgt?
Also,
Battleforged detachments: i can take a transport per unit detachment? The wording is not clear to me.

god i fuckin hope not

hmmm

Those are Perry knights and IIRC are much more realistically sized/proportioned. I don't know how you'd go getting lasgun arms that fit properly.

They're also a dollar per model. Could be a great way to do a unique army.

Would be painstaking, but its doable.VC makes cool lasguns
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/laser-rifle-mk2-x5

Are you blind?

Maybe he suffers from that weird nervous disorder where he keeps on having involuntary orgasms 10 times a day. Don't judge.

Halberds are cool, but the force stave is the best option right now (assuming BC's get a 4++ save)

Or you could rock a hammer.

I do have Voldus's Hammer because the recastVoldus I bought is going straight into the Dreadknight.
The brother captain is also recast.

Hammer is probably your best bet, since it hits hard against any target and the -1 WS doesn't hurt too much on a 2+ WS

Depends on what you're trying to do with him. Halberd and Hammerhand wounds MEQs on a 2+. Warding Stave and Sanctuary gives you a 3+ invul. Daemonhammer hits shit on a 3+ and is obviously, well, a hammer. It really is up to you.

I read building force section, didnt see warlord mentioned. Only know its a thing bc SM codex refers to it under RGs entry

He can already get a 3++ using sanctuary and an iron halo

You pick a character, he's your warlord.

Oh yeah I forgot he has an iron halo

Close. Literally says model, and they note that if it's a character, they get warlord stuff.

Theyre a bit thin and undetailed compared to citadel stuff. I dont have a guardsman for a comparrison but heres one next to a plague marine

Well tg
I finallly tried teaching myself how to play

Today i organized two 25 power level armies, read through the rulebook, and then played a game against myself on my painting table (with My mostly homemade terrain)

The two armies were:
>Red scorpions with Sevrin loth, 5 scouts, an apothecary, and a tac squad
Vs.
>alpha legion lord Arkos, 5 CSM, a hellbrute, and 20 cultists

I realized a couple different times when i fucked up a rule or forgot to add a modifyer but overall the game went pretty smoothly for a first time ever playing

Highlights included:
>half a tac squad getting killed turn 1 because they ran into the open not realizing they werent in weapons range
>Loth smite-spamming everyone for plenty of mortal wounds
>scouts doing work and killing plenty of cultists without a single loss on their end

And then finally i had one lucky bastard apothecary who was attached to that half a tac squad that got wiped.
This lucky fucker ended up chucking two krak grenades in overwatch, one which did 2 wounds to arkos, and another which did 2 wounds and FUCKING KILLED THE HELLBRUTE who had already taken some smite damage

But he didnt stop there! He then proceded to bail out the other half a tac squad who were being assaulted. He killed two alpha legion marines one turn and then revived a fallen tactical marine the next turn
And he only failed to save one wound right at the end.

Im calling him "Krak'r Jack" the Apothecary and hoping that he stays lucky in future games.

Turns out playing warhams is just as fun as painting them! Im sure it will be better when i am better at handling the rules too.

Hope you friends are having good/lucky nights too, now im off to sleep and hopefully not wake up my gf...

You should read how to fight a battle, then.

I mean, who would be dumb enough to pick a random model as their warlord?

Alpha legion

who indeed!

R8rs, h8rs

>company commander
>commissar
>commissar
>tempestor prime
>tempestor prime
>master of ordnance
>master of ordnance/or company commander
>ministorum priest/or company commander

>4 scion command- 4 plasma guns
>4 scion command- 4 plasma guns
>5 ratlings
>5 ratlings
>5 ratlings

>25 conscripts
>25 conscripts
>25 conscripts
>25 conscripts

>3 scout sentinels (this feeels like the only lame thing)- autocannons

>colossus bombard
>colossus bombard
>basilisk
>basilisk
>basilisk
>manticore
>3 heavy weapons: missile launchers

Parking lot of doom, activate!

I ONLY NEED TO PAINT 2 MORE TANKS AND MY ARMY IS READY TO PLAY

Veeky Forums GIVE ME YOUR STRENGTH AAAAAAAAH

I'm glad we cleared that up.

What kind of tanks

I only need to paint 28 nobz, a painboy, 3 warbosses, 5 meks and 15 burnas and ill be done with all my ork infantry

Then I can move onto my planes and morkanaut

FOUR SCOOPS
LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND
RIP in peace Rich Piana

>missile launchers

kek

/WIP/ is going really slow and I need some votes. What color should I do my Wyches, and most future DE skins?
All were done with Rakarth Flesh, Pallid Wych Flesh, Shade, Pallid Wych Flesh, Whtie Scar.

Left to right, Reikland Fleshshade, Seraphim Sepia, Druchii Violet.

I just finished painting a model, it only took me a week this time...

Yeah, I guess lascannons are better. But I like the multishot if I go toe to toe with hordes, and I get the mass-D6 damage filled

I like the violet

A lemon punisher and the offspring of Typhon and Echidna

Pffft I just use pallid Wych flesh and maybe a dash of nuln

It actually comes out quite nice on its own

So if TSons are getting their own Codex, they're gonna get more than some 'gors, Magnus, Ahriman and Rubrics right? What the fuck else can they even get? Sorcerer helbrutes I guess, which would be tits, but I can't think of much else.

If I have the alpha legion -1 to being hit and the miasma of pestilence, another -1 to being hit, does that mean anything with a BS of 5+ auto misses or do 6's always hit?

I'm going to have to do this some time soon, if only I could get my shit together and paint

I hope you for now stop buying things user

6's do not autohit, if something needs 7+ to hit it isn't hitting.

Thanks

It looks like that would be the case, unless GW faq'd it

Got pics? Sounds interesting.

This fucking Watch Master is going to take me like a week, I can taste it.

How long is too long to spend on one model, Veeky Forums?