New campaign need help

Help guys me and my friends are about to start a new campaign. I want to make a character based around Jon. What should I keep in mind when making him? Like stat-wise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccrQObMjg1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Human Ranger with Wolf Companion

Uses a bastard sword

low wisdom

The Starks are morons.

youtube.com/watch?v=ccrQObMjg1U

Dump stat intelligence (you know nothing, OP).
Probably a fighter focused on a two hand weapon, bastard sword is best
Could go ranger with a wolf, but since jon doesn't have ghost with him half the time it seems kinda odd to be a ranged/dps class

Pretty solid physical stats. Decent Charisma, people tend to trust him and feel he would be a good commander.
Not stupid, but definitely not a genius. Frequently makes mistakes, and isn't always the best judge of character. Still, he's very strong willed and brave, and he can probably come up with a decent plan in a strategic situation.
Also, if it's a system that lets you take flaws, buy up things like "Bad Reputation" (due to being a bastard), "Honor Bound", "Altruist", etc. Basically, Jon is someone the world is more or less against, but he still cares very deeply about being a good person and helping the weak. Ultimately, Jon's biggest merit is that people tend to trust him and want to be loyal to him. Sure, there are assholes who wind up out for his blood, but the majority of people who aren't bitter fuckheads recognize that he's a decent kid who's trying his best.

what system. ima just ass u me dnd and just say go with ranger, favored enemy type undead. I don't concern myself with "builds" but I would maybe either go Archery or Defense for fighting style and use a long sword in two hands, and focus more on Str and Con over Dex and Wis. Just aim for a +2 dex bonus and use Medium armor. You can still use a bow pretty good if you went archery style or you will have a little more AC with defense style.

Is hard to specify just how to Ranger without knowing if you can use the UA alternate Ranger or the one from the core books.

>linking a youtube video as your argument
You have to be 18 to post on this site, little guy

Yeah it's 5e

You don't need to watch the video to know that it is !00% true.

Well then, if you can use the Revised Ranger UA you can either go Beast Conclave you want to go the connection with Ghost route or Hunter Conclave if you want to go...defender against the hordes and horrors over the wall route.

If your DM wants you to stick with the core books I would suggest Hunter over the Beast Master, but you do you in that regard.

As for either going normal or variant human, I hate variant human and don't allow them in my games. I'm sure someone will have better advise for that. But you don't have to be human. You could be a Half-Elf and still be Jon Snow like (i.e: a bastard)

Thanks
My DM is pretty new so he'll probably want me to stick to the core books.

Ok, good to know. In that case I am also going to assume your DM will use the standard array for ability scores (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) and that you are using standard human. If that is the case I would go with:
15 Str,
13 Dex,
14 Con,
8 Int,
10 Wis,
12 Cha.

If you are a standard human you would add +1 to every stat leaving you with:
16 Str (+3),
14 Dex (+2)
15 Con (+2),
9 Int (-1),
11 Wis (+0)
13 Cha (+1).

Now you could switch the Wis and Cha scores around. Wis is used for Ranger spells but Jon is not known for his magic casting and Ranger spells can service just fine if just used utilitarian so a high spell check DC would not be too important and Jon is a relatively charismatic guy. Of course Wis is also used in more Range skill checks. The choice is up to you.

Your first Ability upgrades can go into all Str to get you a +4 bonus OR, you can split it between CON and CHA to get them both to a +2 bonus if you feel you need it. After that you should have a handle on what your doing and what you want to spend your ability increases on.

oops, forgot to say that you could split your first ability bonus with CON and Wis to get a WIS bonus of +1 and a CON bonus of +2 if you felt you needed that WIS modifier.

Oh this is huge help thanks man

Euron will marry Cersei. He will also plot her death by manipulating Jaime into killing her. Then he will destroy Westeros beginning with King's Landing.

Are the remaining dragons going to die?

I'm triple stupid. Splitting an ability upgrade between CON and WIS or CON and CHA will get your CON to 16 for a (+3) bonus to CON. CHA upgraded by one will get you the (+2) and WIS upgraded by 1 will get you the (+1).

If your DM is allowing feats, many of them include an improvement to an ability score by 1 point. It is something to keep in mind. You can improve 3 different stats by 1 point to get a bigger bonus.

make him a bard or warlord, john snow would lose a fight to a lettuce leaf

Starks just hate the game and are better at ruling, Neds bannermen loved the shit out of him, but he was called away by his dumb ass friend robert. While Cat went full retard and jumped the gun kidnapping tyrion starting a clusterfuck.
>He will also plot her death by manipulating Jaime into killing her.
Predictable knowing how prophecies work, and how the little brother is supposed to kill her, the most obvious choice (in this case tyrion) usually doesn't do the deed.

>Muh "Stark are honorable morons!" meme
There's a reason Lannisters are in such a bad state right now, and it's because being gigantic cunts won't get you far.
>Showfags

Don't be an arse. I hadn't seen that video before and I quite enjoyed it.

>There's a reason Lannisters are in such a bad state right now, and it's because being gigantic cunts won't get you far.

Explain Caesar Augustus.

Isn't any Dany's victory pretty meaningless? She's barren. There will be another civil war the moment she hits the bucket. Worse, she's an easy target for assassination.

Augustus was actually competant and looked after his allies and soldiers.

He took a city of bricks and made it a city of marble. He was deified for a reason.

Because Cersei is obsessed with a prophecy that has lead her to become a paranoid bitch. This combined with her resentment for being a women in a men's world, marrying to the drunk "muh Lyanna", delusions of grandeur, and her upbriging has created an explosive mixture.

Genghis Khan.

She'll die, Jon will take over and everyone will find out he's Targaryen so whoever he fucks will be heir.

Ranger/Fighter multiclass.

The problems start with Tywin, not with Cersei.

John's magic dick will fix the problem, because fuck it.

A failure of parenthood is different from a failure of leadership. Tywin is respected even in death. Ned is not.

Bull fucking shit.

If they are better at ruling, how did Rob failed to manage Karkstarks? How did he fail to keep the Boltons loyal? How did he fail to predict their betrayal? How did he fail to predict that Cat would let Jaime go? How did he fail to keep his words with the Freys? How did he fail to predict what the Freys were going to do in retribution? How did he fail to keep Tully from ruining his warplans?

You need to die and be resurrected around session 5-6

>being gigantic cunts
More just cersei, the others usually are fine.

Robb's the worst example of the starks almost every other one in history is fine. Robb also is scripted by prophecy bullshit to die as seen in Dany's chapter where she see's the red wedding omen.

>Tywin is respected even in death
>Ned is not
I'm sorry, fucking what? Do I need to provide textual evidence to prove you wrong?