EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: →

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: How have you changed whatever c17 deck you got so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-hapatra-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-wonder-twins-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hornet Queen in cats to hose Vamps and Dragons?

Y/N?

Anyone do anything fun with their tokens? I have people I play against alter them.

i draw my own shitty stick figure tokens

I was going to build my own cat deck to throw felines at people. But wizards gone and did most of the work for me.

the cat deck is dog shit as it is, ive yet to see it win

>wizards is a shit deck
>won every pod with it

is everyone else a scrub but me?

It's only been 1 day and regardless Edgar is unbeatable in precon-only games

It just needs a bit of tweaking is all.

>guy plays mono-g selvala
>Drops Paradox engine turn 3
>Turns go around, it's turn 3 so not much happens, but one guy windfalls and another guy drops heartbeat of spring
>the turn before the paradox engine player

So yeah, he played out a ton of threats with his near infinite mana, got all his creatures killed but forced me and the wrathing player to tap out with Vorinclex, then killed both of us on his next turn. He lost due to being a moron, and took 30 more minutes to do it.

Yay for paradox engine...

>playing Edgar Markov right out of the box
>vs Angry Omnath, Locust God, and Newzuri
>play some cheap vampires, get tokens
>think I'm going to durddle and lose
>play Captivating Vampire and it takes over the game
>steal every commander and tilt the whole table

This vampire deck is nuts. I won 3 out of 4 games (two games with all precons, and then this one.) Anyone else having a good time with this deck?

>taps out for paradox engine and passes in a multiplayer game

???

>>>Drops Paradox engine turn 3

paradox engine is gay as fuck but honestly a full turn rotation is enough time to deal with just about any threat, even on turn 3. that guy more or less deserves to win if 1 player is feeding him cards and another is feeding him mana

>building Mimeoplasm
>looking on EHDrec for inspiration
>it's all comboshit
>just wants a reanimator deck

Reanimation lends itself to comboshit is the thing.

Its a toss up between it and Wizards right from the box. Cats/Dragons dont really stand a chance.

take all the combo shit out then. or do the crazy thing and start from scratch and look for more specific search terms on edhrec or even magiccards.info

i've already seen you post this once already, no excuse senpai

>pre-order wizard deck
>comes in the mail on monday

perfect timing

reanimation is almost always combo focused though

not really though??? reanimation can be focused on grinding value, interacting with ETBs or reanimation some eldrazi fatty and smashing someone with an annihilator early on

Yeah, except it's more efficient to just build the deck to kill the moment you cast the jellyboy.

ya but why when you can just reanimate your combo on turn 4 and win?

yeah if you're a pussy

it's boring and not fun for the other players

animate me!

Yeah, but most people that use EDHrec are sociopaths that don't care about the other player which why the only things up there are combo lists.

the only thing boring and unfun in MTG is when Im losing.

t. everyone who plays the game

It's not dog shit tho. It's cat shit

who cares. mtg is about fun.

I need spicy Boros suggestions. I already have Sunforger.

Yes, that's true. Sadly playing with a shit deck isn't fun, wood thunk?

Extra turns are degenerate. Prove me wrong.

What support spells should I use for "Kill Tribal" Mathas?

Got stuff like Kiku in there, but looking to flesh it out a bit more.

Who is the commander? Do you play Brion or a shit commander?

Extra turns to win a game? No.

Extra turns to durdle? Totally agree.

Toshiro Umezawa could work well, because he lets you double up on kill spells

alms collector + wheel
archangle avacyn + batterskull
aetherflux resevoir + serra ascendant
bloodmoon + aether membrane

>Brion

I want to use Aurelia...

How are the new decks? Anyone here get good play time in with them already?

>Aurelia
My nigger.

Use the advanced search to only look at Mimeoplasm decks that include the reanimation cards you know you'll use.

I think there is a way to exclude some cards too so you could look at all the lists that don't have Lab Man or cancer like that.

Why archangel avacyn + batterskull?

Vampires is the best of the four. Tons of removal, free vampire tokens, and a commander that is pretty good at beating down.

Dragons is Durdle.dec . It doesn't have enough ramp or a reliable enough mana base to really beat down. Cute, but bad.

Don't have the other two. But, looking at deck lists, Wizards has a ton of good cards and UR staples. (Archaeomancer, Izzet Chronarch, Mercurial Chemister, Nev Disc, etc.). I imagine it's pretty good and probably right underneath Vampires.

>wanting to support the "muh combat" stereotype
Capital K kill yourself

living weapon gives a repeatable non angel creature to activate her flip and batterskull gives avacyn lifelink.

#
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-07-17-hapatra-edh/

This is what I've ended up with after about a month of playtesting and tuning. I'd say it's very conditional on your meta; some people have gotten pretty salty about quilspike + devoted druid going infinite. Even without that, the triggers can get out of hand fast when you start putting counters on more than a few creatures at a time. If your meta is creature-heavy enough to support her I would definitely recommend. She snowballs harder than almost any deck I've played

good commander for a chaos type deck? destroy everything, deal damage at random, flip coin, discard hands, etc.

one card i know for sure is going in is the new goad sorcery

N O R I N

mono red grenzo

the wizards has a bunch of good cards but the deck itself is kinda garbo. inalla's eminence ability is so niche that it doesn't really do much in the precon. the best part of the wizard deck is Kess, Dissident Mage and maybe a few other cards like Shifting Shadow and so on, but they don't fit in the precon at all.

Dragons probably needs like 20 ramp cards, like 10 2-drop ramps and 10 4-drop ramps to consistently get to that 6 mana to actually be able to cast your stuff. and even then you mostly want to cheat your stuff out with stuff like selvala's stampede and lurking predators whenever possible

the vamps seem to be the best out of the box yeah

Norin is captain of chaos

norin doesn't do anything

Probably some kind of UR commander would be the best. There must be a lot of Izzet of cards with random effects, and lots of card draw to keep on going.

and losing every time because of the shit deck isnt fun

Also, Izzet has many cost reducers for instants and sorceries, so you can cast more stuff.

No, he does nothing.

thanks for the recs. i'll have to read up on Norin, he looks.. special.

He survives.

*homewards your path*

*bloods your moon*

>izzet
this looks like it can be fun

No, he does nothing.

She's much more cute in her card art.
Nice trips though.

Ah, using the equip to cause a mini wrath, now I get it

I like cats if you just focus on selesnya equips, your general gets you the magnet hammer and lets you do dumb things with the Blade of Selves. Exponential axes make me giddy like a schoolgirl too.

That's her promo art, it looks good foil but normal jhoira foil is of course better

Have you remembered to bow to your lord today?

hey nicky b, is curse tribal viable yet?

This card is too much fun. I need to make a bunch of custom axe tokens.

Here's a question: If I have an equipment attached to Creature 1, can I pay the equip cost of it to move it over to Creature 2, or does Creature 1 need to die before it can be moved?
If I can, does this mean Leonin Shikari + Lightning Greaves is a instant, sliding shroud?

No because even if they were were to be good, you'll lose all your progress once the victim dies.

Seems lame, if people are upgrading their precons, they should be designed to compete against real decks in a real meta, not be tailored to get cheap wins on not-upgraded precons

>they nerfed Jhoira assets

You can change equips between creatures before they die, but Equip is Sorcery speed.

So with Leonin Shikari that let's me do equips as an instant, I can basically make any spell targeted at my guys fizzle? Cool.

It's not a promo, it's the duel deck art

>wanting to play blue and/or green in edh ever

exile yourself

Yes & Yes
You can equip whenever you have priority & able to cast instants with Shikari out. The downside of Lightning Greaves's shroud is also negated with her shince you can just bounce them around until the other equips stick.

How do you dudes feel about the Theros block Scrylands in your decks? Is the scry that helpful? Trying to see what I can replace some of my taplands in my Atraxa deck with.

Murmuring Bosk isn't coming out though because I can grab it with farseek.

i play them because they're cheap duals. scry is always nice

oh how wrong you are

>chaos warping a turn 1 sol ring

>sol ring cWarped into Iona

>Chaos warping a cabal coffers
I really should run ghost quarter

how would you tweak it? if i attempt to keep it still in theme, and prices of single cards mostly under 5 euros?
Should i start emphasizing the go tall strategy as Arahbo supports it, or just change the commander and go wider? Or more specifically is one or the other easier to achieve with a budget cards

I made a sand token with actual sand last week

Better artifacts and equips.

Switching out the Ur Daddy with the Scion makes the deck so much better already.

please tell me that it was in a sealed sleeve

>putting sand on the table

>Not playing on the beach
What are you? An inland fag?

Depends how much draw you have. I played a Temple of Mystery in Edric until I realized that I was drawing half my deck every game and the Scry didn't matter. In Karlov, where it's pretty important that I don't get flooded or screwed, and I don't have that much draw, Temple of Silence carries its weight.

Don't worry, it's all under tape and the sleeve is taped shut as well. It's pretty lazy, but now that I know it works I might try to make some nicer ones.
I also made two shitty tokens for Arjun.

Cute

Brands your ass

Go with master smith catman and his magical magnetic hammer, though Arahbo does let you pull random blowouts with stuff like lost leonin.

You might as well just play the old Scion lists at that point, Ur-Dragon is for people that actually want to play their dragons instead of one-hit killing people while entombing mass revival fodder.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-wonder-twins-1/

Still looking for suggestions for my zombies deck before I purchase the upgrades. Thoughts?

>Question
I didn't buy a precon yet.

11/10