Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

what kind of missions/adventures does your character do?

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1x_OVllmNNfqPZq_TcUnLjjL2G_sOXEVpO3KlnEP0dPs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy crap, that guy has a fucking long neck.

Tell me about your character, class and concept!

avenue manton

whoops meant for

Post drone inspiration

Please put a title on your thread so the filter can do it's job and I don't have to see your bullshit.

Thank you.

I have 3 so far that I really like.

1. Bounty Hunter Technomancer - The Spell Cache takes the form of an implanted 3rd "eye" that randomly looks in various directions. Specializes in hunting down hackers for various corporate entities

2. Star Shaman Mystic - A sort of hippie space trucker who's taken to mercenary work to help raise money for a community he's grown attached to in the diaspora

3. Arcane Assailant Soldier - Basically sci-fi Gunslinger

>not using a cute droid
edgelords

i like your cutebot user

I'll reserve it for my Icon Mechanic

Also, what's the story with the cat people of the Vesk empire and when can I play !Ajani as a Mystic?

>cat people of the Vesk empire
what?

Why does no one use melee soldier? Is it that bad compared to ranged?

I haven't heard much, just that Obozaya apparently fought catfolk rebels on Vesk-6 in her backstory. Some people say that they don't fight much anymore, which annoys the Vesk, but that might just be memes. At any rate, they'll probably get an entry in the Alien Archive come October.

its probably good, gets like +6 damage per shot. the weapons are wierd and awkward with a strange upgrade path. im afraid of using melee cuz KAC is like.... 3-4 higher than EAC

Well, it requires you to fight in melee, which is a bit more difficult that it used to be, what with the proliferation of guns and all. Still, you could probably make a character who's good at stabbing a bitch and do well for yourself.

Was swinging a sword a rarity in Pathfinder? Bows are cheap.

Heavy armor is a few points better than light armor, which the ranged Soldiers will have to use to get full Dex bonus.

This assumes every situation will be good for gun usage or that you couldn't cross the distance and engage in melee somehow

>Sidecut

Anybody who thinks melee is bad at all hasn't played. It's at least as good, if not better than ranged combat.

Yes, and?

Is Melee wearing heavy armor viable? Or do you need that extra speed?

It's an obnoxious, commercialized haircut that honestly does not look attractive?

So I should stop liking it because you don't?

It's fine. The idea that all combat will be long ranged fire fights is a huge misconception, maps are no less cluttered than in Pathfinder and moving around is actually way easier. Heavy armor will be no problem at all.

Melee damage is better without bow feats, you don't have to worry about getting locked down, and survivability is increased so it's less damning to be the obvious target.

Blitz gets you +10 speed. With Hidden Soldier armor, I'm at +5 overall.

What game is this? Or is this someone's 3d render?

How much longer until we get a single good OP?

I'm 90% sure that's a Quake Champions character.

what do you want in an OP?

It seems to be very popular with a certain particular subset of arts colleges. Usually combined with hair dye of neon varieties.

In other words, male-hating butch lesbians

And you're just going to let them co-opt it like that? Why not show your egalitarian spirit by making a lascivious and decidedly feminine character with that hairdo?

At least they're letting you know it's a lost cause before you talk to them.

Nyx, from Quake Champions

space is too scary for me anons.
the cold infinite blackness
soul sucking vacuums
radiation that will boil you alive
aliens that want to suck your juices out
getting lost in the eternal void
alone for thousands of lightyears in every direction
hostile planets that eat through your space suit.

and thats just the science part. now you add in the spooky supernatural stuff and its like 5X scarier than either one is alone.
space skeletons living on the moon hunger for your brains
space ghosts haunting a derelict ship in the middle of the eternal blackness
demons warping in from other dimensions directly onto your ship.

its too much for me anons, i cant play this game. i want to so bad tho

You can easily spend an entire campaign on a single planet.

You'd be surprised.
One I saw was wearing a tanktop over a sports-bra said "Down with Cishet Patriarchy" - not sure where that is - and given the adam's apple was quite clearly some thinass guy with that haircut. Queens Uni in Kingston, Ontario.

>trapped on a single planet with no way to escape
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Too late, the hairdo's been irrevocably poisoned.

Too bad I can't find a game to try a heavily armored Melee soldier in!

What if I go Guard, not Blitz?

Sure, if you've got no ambition or courage

>air supply slowly dindling in your claustrophobic space suit as you wait for death only able to hear your own breathing slowly get shallower and quicker
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the minute but non-zero chance of a piece of debris zipping across the galactic plane at relativistic velocities one day intersecting your position

or the inexorable accumulation of micro-damage against your genetic makeup by all the things that didn't kill you eventually proving themselves to not have made you stronger, just a victim of cancer.

or the blinding searing energies thrown across the void mindlessly by natural phenomenons

or anything resulting from the words "wolf-rayet" with an axis that can put your planet in a line with it....

>space suit computer voice: oxygen level now at 2%, 5 minutes remaining
computer what is the distance to the nearest oxygen resupply
>10.3 trillion miles
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>

Was 1.75211 light years just on a whim or is it a specific reference to something?

>getting trapped in a super gravity well where time goes impossibly slower than the rest of the universe and you are forced to watch the entropic heat death of the universe over the course of your lifetime

Until you enter the Tesseract and tell a little girl how to develop FTL.

What's wrong with spending an entire campaign on Verces? Are you such a boor you need constantly changing landscapes to keep people interested?

What do you think would be some unconventional hooks for a game?

I believe it was brought up before about the PCs all being celebrities of some strip or another but I wonder how you would pull off a group of high powered reporters looking for the next big story?

>Nyx, from Quake Champions

TY

Made at the appropriate time without thread politics, with a topic that encourages discussion instead of echo chamber, a useful OP, AND STARFINDER IN THE THREAD TOPIC INSTEAD OF PART OF THE POST. COME ON.

Getting into this Homebrew game>

Here's some of my shit.

docs.google.com/document/d/1x_OVllmNNfqPZq_TcUnLjjL2G_sOXEVpO3KlnEP0dPs/edit?usp=sharing

They've covered wars, you know.

I know, the Cold war between the Vesk and the Pact Worlds would be an awesome set-up for that, esepcially if the PCs uncover an attack by the Swarm.

Gdoc free

Optional Rules:

Change Automatic Weapon Trait to Select Fire Trait
Select Fire
Automatic weapons now have three firing modes that can be chosen as part of an attack.
Single-Fire: Attack normally
Burst-Fire: Gain a flat +2 to Attack and Damage to that attack, at the cost of ¼ of the weapon’s capacity in ammo spent.
Full auto fire: Weapon trait as normal

Feat Changes and Additions

QUICK DRAW
You can draw weapons faster than most.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You can draw a weapon as a swift action. Additionally,
when making an attack using a thrown weapon as an attack or
full attack action, you can draw a weapon as part of the action
of making a thrown attack with it. You can draw a hidden
weapon (see Sleight of Hand on page 146) as a move action.

**IF you have 15 Dex or more, the amount of weapons you can draw as a swift action is limited only by the amount of free hands you have.**

Normal: You can draw a weapon as a move action, or (if your
base attack bonus is +1 or higher) as part of a move action,
and you can draw a hidden weapon as a standard action.

RAPID RELOAD

You’ve practiced reloading your favored weapons.
Prerequisite: Weapon Proficiency (Weapon Type) [Small arms, Longarms, Heavy weapons, Ect]
Benefit: The time required for you to reload your chosen type of weapon is reduced to a Swift Action.
Normal: A character without this feat needs a move action to reload.
Special: You can gain Rapid Reload multiple times. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon type

HANDS FREE RELOAD

By using special grip techniques, you can reload your weapon even when your hands are full.
Prerequisite: RAPID RELOAD [Weapon Type] BaB +5
Benefit: You can reload a weapon as a move action when your hands are full.
Normal: A character cannot reload without a hand free.
Special: If the character is carrying something bulky or awkward in their free hand, The GM can wave this feat at their discretion.

Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic. Pretty bog standard, playful hacker sort of mentality. Uses her drone for scouting and not much else (couldn't afford to put a gun on it with level 1 cash, well, maybe I coulda, but I didn't). Joined the party to escape the fuzz from Absalom Station.

But we can already do that, it's called Pathfinder

Envoy (Male)

You can make up for the lost speed with a Speed Suspension aug.

I haven't played, but melee in this setting reminds me of melee in Shadowrun. Yes, advanced technology means that on an open field anyone who didn't bring a gun will be shot from fifty directions by people who did. No, you will never be fighting in an open field.

Shadowrun has you fighting in urban environments, this game looks like it's going to be about interiors of ships and space stations. Sure, someone might decide to run a campaign set on the steppes, but it seems unlikely.

There's a difference between "there's just a short hallway between your SMG and the angry troll street-sam with a halberd" and "everything is nothing BUT the corners and the enemy chaos prince starts infiltrated inside charge range of your own deployment zone and cannot be shot while engaged in melee"

For a game it's fine if you can average one volley for short-ranged decently strong ranged weapons, or two for weaker but long ranged (as you've paid for this shit) ones before the melee gets to you, but if everything always appears inside "you're meleed on turn 1" range, either the GM is a piece of shit or there's some serious fuckup in the rule system.

>this haricut will make up for the fact that i have 50% less upper body muscle mass, 25% less VO2 max, and 50% less cortical area in my skeleton.
BAD BITCH COMING THROUGH

Don't worry, they're expert fighters because they can hack into their opponent's body and, as they always say, "use their own strength against them."

Oh boy, you're one of those guys arn't you? Let me guess, do you enforce the -4 STR meme on your players to?

Considering fiction and games don't care about actual scientific physical differences for the sake of people not bitching about "Balance" in their waifus, and the fact that most of the people with sidecuts are primarily worn by neo butch lesbians and Male J-Pop idols I really don't think it matters in the end either way and you are now in fact sperging more than the person just spamming the pictures at you.

>you are along along the smooth hull of the ship, goblins jump out of hatches.
>roll initiative

I think he's really just making fun of sidecuts being used to establish a girl as "tough and totally badass" in whatever media they're shown.

Curiously, the woman with a sidecut is always shown as heterosexual in those works, too.

Or they could just be a bitch in the same league as realism fags who like to shove in people's faces why fantasy armor is impratical like we're supposed to be impressed.

3ft tall rats have a -2 to strength. Same for halflings and such from other systems. -4 STR always seems bizarre to me.

Also
>less cortical area in my skeleton.
doesn't mean anything, but thanks for the trip round google, it was interesting.

Smooth? Also, you're demanding some strangely specific plausibility for someone talking about a space goblin fight.

>-4 STR meme is a helluva drug

>Smooth? Also, you're demanding some strangely specific plausibility for someone talking about a space goblin fight.

goblins have taken over the pleaser yacht and are holding hostages! board the vessel in your space suits at these points on the hull. goblins jump out of hatches. roll initiative.

>Be a Starshaman
>Don't even need a space suit

I bet you don't even hear the song of the heavens do you?

you are on the hull of the pleasure yacht, butt naked, having hot sweaty monkey sex with your waifu without your space suits. goblins jump out of hatches.

roll initiative

Sidecuts are just broadcasting you should stay away from them, they're in the same league as Problem glasses and brightly dyed hair.

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Bitch all I need is my pistol and my stick.

Sure, if you're deathly afraid of females in general.

If only you'd spent 740 credits earlier. This could have been avoided.

You sound butt hurt. Life's too short to associate with people you know are going to be annoying.

I guess I should take your advice. At least do us a favor and don't spam the -4 meme and no white males bullshit in the thread. I actually came here to enjoy things unlike you.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

I got this

Why don't you make a character with a Hitler youth haircut?

Same reason, moron.

Man, fucking Nazis ruining toothbrush moustaches for everyone.

The greatest crime of WW2 honestly.

But there are white males, and they're all evil Cannon fodder.

Knowing Paizo, this mentality is probably already canon in Starfinder.

>this mentality is probably already canon in Starfinder.

Fuck it, I'm counting them up.

Here's the tally of explicitly Human characters, either solo or part of a set piece* and found in the CRB or Dead Suns #1. Characters, whether white or otherwise, will be mentioned separately as "Evil" if they're shown as an "opponent" or "enemy" character, aka something the Iconics are shooting at. For simplicity's sake, the Iconics themselves have not been added to the tally.

*I have only tallied the ones whose ethnicity can be easily determined

>White Males: 2
>Colored Males: 6

>White Females: 6 (one of the six is a slave getting sold to aliens)
>Colored Females: 11

>Evil White Males: 12
>Evil Colored Males: 0
>Evil White Females: 0
>Evil Colored Females: 0

I enforce that, because I don't need any sweaty ugly men trying to pretend to be female and try to role play sexual encounters with me. I don't play with any actual women or trannies because I'm smart and don't want cancer at my game...

>aka something the Iconics are shooting at

I must add an addendum, that I had also tallied characters who are, although not explicitly shooting at or being fired upon by the Iconics, are mentioned as antagonists and should be treated as such by the DM. For these purposes, Silek Odegard is one of the 12, for he is a white male and described as Neutral Evil.

Not only is he described as Neutral Evil, he is the "Enforcer" for a neighborhood on Absalom Station that has "forced out" all "non-human" residents, forming a "racial enclave" for humans, populated by humans, segregating the unwanted away.

>I don't need any sweaty ugly men trying to pretend to be female and try to role play sexual encounters with me

Sounds like you're projecting your wants and desires here.

I hope they actually start believing their own bullshit so that the Paizo devs just kill themselves out of racial self-hatred.

>he plays the game differently from me
>it must be a a psycho-sexual disorder based on Freudian pseudoscience! no-one can have valid reasons for their different taste!

So, you're gay and in the closet. Makes sense to me.

There's nothing wrong with gays in space, user! Decreased emotional bonding, higher incidences of domestic violence, and epidemic disease transmission rates aren't a problem if you have healing magic!

as long as they don't have sidecuts right? That's just the last straw I imagine.