/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

I'm playing Slaanesh Daemons because they offer a unique gaming experience Edition

Resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General's Handbook 2017 (epub)
>mega.nz/#!aVgH0LBD!g3e7_lDyZg2UYI6uuUw8-DLpZ_zZfp7YD-hSM6bzqaU

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/the-season-of-war-continues-in-firestorm-aug17gw-homepage-post-2/
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Von-Carstein-Upgrade-Pack
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for stop fuckin replying to skidmark shitposting™

How is it a good thing. Everything intresting was removed. No Vlad, Mannfred, Krell, Kemmler. Just boring generics with worse rules. (Konrad was the only one of them who had a silly rule) All of those models are still being sold too.
Yeah but they don't have new models and their old ones now don't have rules.

They never should have destroyed the old setting and murdered most of the cast. It's such a shame

You didn't need to repost your shitpost in the new thread. It was doing fine without it.

First for Kroak

I like the Age of Sigmar rules and game. But it's setting sucks. So losing the rules for the all characters is a nasty blow.

I'm jumping into aos with ghb2017, and want to build freeguild, based around handgunners, what things should I be looking at especially with the new ghb?

And it was doing fine with out your complaining about it too.

Ironic, since that post is nothing but complaining that belongs in the WHFB thread instead.

Well you should probably check out the new GHB first.

Last thread someone uploaded pic related

Any info about when is going to be released or link to the sauce please?

The Dispossessed forces would perfectly round up my allies for my Kharadron Overlords, and the SCE are welcome too

Why does it belong there. I like the Age of Sigmar rules and game. And I liked the Rules guys like Vlad and Karl Franz had in the Age of Sigmar game.

Because its a compromise that allows the players to keep using their miniatures and the developers to not have to keep balancing it.

The vampire counts lost two miniatures. The ones who were truly screwed were the wood elves.

How's this for Babby's First 1k?

Megaboss (Big and Brutish, Battle Brew) - 140

Weirdnob Shaman - 120

6 Gore Gruntas - 360

10 'Ard Boys - 180
10 'Ard Boys - 180

TOTAL: 980

Yeah, do we have any rumours about release date or the price?

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/17/the-season-of-war-continues-in-firestorm-aug17gw-homepage-post-2/

I'm waiting as impatiently as you are (for dark elves)

>Yeah but they don't have new models and their old ones now don't have rules. They never should have destroyed the old setting and murdered most of the cast. It's such a shame

it'll be okay, serious.

Its already confirmed that Malekith is leading the shadow elves in the realm of shadow. Ansd that Tyrion/Teclis are leading the Light elves in the realm of light. Two realms that will eventually get reveals and launches of model lines to go along with story arcs that explore those realms. Its just a matter of time, be patient, SameCast boreternals are just stupid filler between the interesting releases.

I also liked being able to keep my favourite characters like Queek Headtaker and Lord Skrolk all e and not forgotten (though skrolk never really died).

At least you're trying to change it up, now that people recognize when you use Skidmarks.

Thats not a compromise. Cause they still sell those models and allow them to be used. Now they just have nothing intresting about them.

An actual compromise would have been to update them but say they could not be used in tournaments or some such.

Ideally they would have just updated them. But Age of Sigmar appears to want to be as boring as possible so no characters for anyone. Only generics.

Thanks a lot!

Should I sell my army and start over?

Is there anyone who even wants to buy a lot of bloodreavers and marauders?

Characters have always been boring to me. It's like not putting in the effort of coming up with your dudes, and instead just using somebody already in the lore.

Yeah Queek's model is still sold too. So removing his rules had no point other then they did not want to.

But he does not have a model or rules. Also he is now some creepy beast.

Its a compromise. Both sides lose something so they can keep something.

Another compromise would be to keep their rules but give them new generic names like they did Settra.

Cause there are boring people like you that don't care about setting or anything like that.

>Is there anyone who even wants to buy a lot of bloodreavers and marauders?

Someone who plays WHFB 9th edition or Kings of War. Bloodreavers will work great as Chosen, and marauders are marauders.

>butt hurt SC fan who cant stand people who don't like what he likes

SC is the most boring juvenile, lowest denominator, cookie cutter, uninspired, carbon copy, drivel that has ever tainted the GW franchise. I get that it appeals to some, but don't be delusional by believing most people see it as anything but stupid.

Thats not a compromise. They lost nothing and we kept nothing.

>remove characters from app
>still filled with compendium warscrolls for tzeentch and the like
It's like they don't actually care about the app or its user base

How Large are the Death Upgrade shields?
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Von-Carstein-Upgrade-Pack

I want to make a Krell themed Death Army, now I can have Grave Guard as Battleline, so I'll be Undeadyfying alot of Chaos Warriors.

So how do the Shields compare to chaos?

Krell lost his stats so you can't make a Krell themed army.

I'll just use Wight King with Black Axe.

Oddly enough though, skrolk remains and has the pestilens keyword. Maybe there's hope yet.

>New shortstory about Death gets hijacked by Stormcast Eternals on the second fucking page

THANKS GW

That is litterly his model so that makes sense. Though it's a shame that it lost all of it's rules that made it Krell.

>Stormcast show up
>REEEEEEE

>. Bloodreavers will work great as Chosen
I think you are confusing them with blood warriors

blood reavers are the shirtless guys

>people are still replying to cheetahfag shitposting
Well, I will grab the GHB17 pdf and it's high time to leave these generals. You guys are even worse than this idiot - everything you have to do is report his shit and ignore him.

Skrolk's model is still sold under the name Plague Priest. So you could use it for ether him or a Plauge Priest. Now you can just use it for Plauge Priest once the app is updated.

I thought the app was updated. All other named guys are removed. I want to hope he's at least brought back in the fluf somehow, as a priest or a verminlord

>make a setting that has a dozen different species after murdering a setting with decades of established lore that has attracted and fascinated generations of fans
>Focus only on one faction of humans that are defined of being naught but robotic, emotionless suits of armour
>These humans don't even have what made the Space Marines remotely interesting

GW just plain and simply fucked up with writing the SCE, and the constant hamfisting of them into every story is just further crippling any development of the setting. Which might eventually end up damning it. WHFB expanded upon pretty much all factions in some way. AoS seems intent of focusing only on SCEs, which are already pretty damn difficult to get interested in or relate with in any way.

Right, got my GH2017 and looking through the ironjawz. I had a full list for GH2016 but now it seems the meta has changed.

After a bit of thinking i think i have come to the opposite conclusion of everyone else... If formations are more expensive... ill use MORE formations.

Here is the list that i've come up with. The main focus is to use the boyz as a screen and use my megabosses as heavy hitters.

HQ= total 800

Megaboss on mawcrusha- 460 (Dakkbad) ( +1 rend on choppa) - 460
Megaboss on foot (+1 damage on choppa) - 140
Weirdnob - 120
Warchanter (+1 bravery for allies in range, -1 for enemies in range) - 80

Battle line= total 900, (all 5 units in ironfist)

3x5 brutes - 180 each, total 540
2x10 ard boyz - 180 each, total 360

Formations = total 280

Ironfist - 160
Ironsunz - 120

800+900+280 = 1980.

This is using all models i have available. What are people's thoughts? The idea is to use the boyz as a screen unit/ megaboss delivery service. Mawcrusha for big scary things, megaboss on foot for hordes, sauroning thing up here. Though my main problem is which command trait do i want. The ignore -1 rend, the reroll waagh, or the reroll to hit on charges?

>no stormcasts on the cover
>find out afterwards its about Stormcasts

kek based GW blowing the fuck out of death players

B A S E D

if you love worshiping GW and SC then TGA and Ben are waiting for you in his censored sanitized circle jerk calling itself a forum.

To be fair I can't even understand anything about the Age of Sigmar setting. So I can't blame the Stormcast eternals for making it boring.

The Age of Sigmar setting would work so much better as something like the outer planes to the Old World.

What brought about that crackdown? Were people complaining about the Order boxes bundled with Stormcasts?

Don't pay any attention to shitposters about the Auction of Blood novel.

It's not about Stormcast at all.

Is there any good AOS literature that features the skaven. Pestilens or not, doesn't matter.

No complaining user
Just open that asshole up

>Focus only on one faction of humans that are defined of being naught but robotic, emotionless suits of armour
This is not a thing.

Individual Stormcast have been shown to have personalities and opinions and there is no Stormcast equivalent to Space Marine orthodoxy.

The Knight-Questor in Silver Tower specifically believes in working with chaos people to convince them to turn back to the good side, and Ionus Cryptborn has repeatedly allied with chaos when it suited him, for example.

No you have to go back to stuff like the Thanquol novels for that.

Mark my words, the only reason they're keeping the old VC character models around is because they're placeholders for a new multipose plastic Vampire Lord kit that they haven't made.

From GW's perspective, they only now gave us a lot of love in The End Times. It doesn't register to them that atomizing out army out across the entire Death faction hurt that. We're at the back of the queue until they wrap back around, I'm afraid.

>Nurgle is being released
>No idea what's after
>People saying death rattle release around Q1 2018

Jesus fucking Christ why is this game getting such slow fucking rollouts? Is the game not profitable is it dieing what? This IP gonna get fucking nuked so GW can drop the new new age of sigmar? God damn stop the 40k train and drop some shit for AoS.

>God damn stop the 40k train and drop some shit for AoS.

Chillarte, 40k just got a new edition, and AoS dominated the release schedule prior to 8th coming out.

What about that novel that released with pestilens?

yes you flavor of the month waac shitter just play stormcast

40k just dropped a new edition and they're probably making bank off of the Chad Marines and new Death Guard stuff.
The sci-fi boys have always been the big draw.

>Stormcast Defeat Pestilens: The Novel

We just got a new edition too

Nothing wrong with that.

It turns out cause they learned a lot from their mistakes with Age of Sigmar (Like blowing up the setting and killing all of its characters was a bad idea) 40k's revamped lanch went off much better.

As a result it is selling better because tons of players did not leave.

>AoS
>Good lore
Lmao

He asked for good literature.

>AoS dominated the release schedule prior to 8th coming out
you're high aren't you? SC and Steam Punk Midgets for a couple weeks is hardly "dominating the release schedule".

Fucking seriously? I just want to read about the mechanations of some deranged plague priest. I'm beginning to feel like the only reason chaos exists is to act as punching bags for Mary Sues the majority of players don't like

>you're high aren't you? SC and Steam Punk Midgets for a couple weeks is hardly "dominating the release schedule".

Total up the releases for that period, and then count what amount of them were AOS releases.

>book about pestilens meant to feature the army as cool
>literally just sce punching them in the nads

Who cares? They're still more boring than Space Marines, somehow.
Jesus Christ, give me a novel all about a lone skeleton spearman who doesn't talk or even think throughout it's entirety, just watches the rest of the plot play out in front of it without emotion; even that would be better than more Stormcucks.

I hate Stormcast helmets so much.

>Chaosfags whine about no longer being an unbeatable threat that will inevitably win
>ALL WE DID WAS DESTROY THE WORLD AND ACHIEVE ALL OUR GOALS

I hate stormcast faces so much.

I think the epub for the General's handbook 17 is broken.

I don't even think Skaven should be counted as part of chaos.

I hate Stormcast so much.

What faces. The ones on the Helmets. Those are the ones I am talking about.

I hate so much

>unbeatable threat
Kek what? I just want good story telling for all established factions. SCE busting into other armies feature books and kicking the shit out of them isn't good writing user.

>Skaven shouldn't be part of chaos
>Race of stable chaos mutants led by a minor chaos god, even in the old lore

I picked up some Empire Greatswords as a small entry into Warhammer (Really something to do besides stare at a screen).

One problem I have with these guys is I am terrible at painting - their flag bearer's flag is generally pretty plain, open for the person putting them together to paint on it.

Anyone think this would look absolutely stupid with a standard color(s) on it?

Nice meme, but I read the damn thing and the Stormcast don't show up.

I agree, I feel like they fit better with Destruction aesthetically.

>I don't even think Skaven should be counted as part of chaos
>Literally chaos ratmen
2/10 - I give fuck enough to post the pic

Pleb.

I agree yes-yes. Down with the false-pretender archaeon. Rise-ascend the Great Corruptor to rot-wither the realms.

"The inevitable victory of chaos while good guys struggle to hold them back and lose a little ground each time" was a theme for the entirety of old-world lore.

You're just sad because you don't get to come into everyone's army books and be the big bad threat that everyone else will inevitably lose to now.

I hate so.

And it was pretty bad there. It's a reason the End times sucked.

I don't want a bunch of other factions to just beat down all chaos related factions and for them to get no development or characters. Particularity the skaven.

They're not nearly shitty enough to be destruction.
They'd supplant the last few dregs of goblin character too.

This face. It's awful.
Helmet head is much better.
(SC are ugly concept anyway)

>this
Not really. I don't care about other fags army books. I just want books that make armies other than SCE look good. This includes freeguild, soulblight, pestilens, gobbos, fyreslayers, and every other army that either acts as a punching bag or a damsel in distress for SCE

They were only vaugely related to chaos in the old lore. They never really worked together with chaos and were more their own thing.

Did you whine this much about almost every Fantasy novel revolving around either Empire or Chaos? Were you even alive back then?

While nice heraldry looks really nice and that's one of the few spots where you really have enough room to do it justice, it is true that it's really not that easy, especially if you're not just copying something else. A simple pattern should go fine, as long as it looks good with your general colour scheme. Plenty of historical examples are just striped or bannered, after all.

I think her face looks fine her helmet face however is awful.

>And it was pretty bad there
Cool, chaos never had good fluff, then.

Fair point. This is my first go at it as well so i'm not exactly expecting it to go perfectly.

Ok then you are just an asshole.

>IT SUCKS THAT SE ALWAYS BEAT CHAOS
>But user, Chaos was set up to be an inevitable victor in all the old fluff, and you didn't whine then.
>IT SUCKED THEN TOO
>So you're tacitly admitting old chaos fluff is just as bad as current SE fluff?
>NO THIS IS BAIT

Alternatively you could probably home make some simple stencils, but that would still leave shading which isn't really that easy