Demihuman Amazons

So, AD&D suggested that these could be a thing way back in the 80s, but... their ideas weren't very good. Veeky Forums gets shit done, so what're some interesting ideas for amazons based on various humanoids?

Forest beast-taming, spear-wielding, fur-bikini clad wood elves?

Warrior-wizardess high elves sporting rune-etched swords crackling with fire, ice or lightning?

Stoic ranks of heavily armored dwarven warrior-women, determined to protect their homeland?

Sneaky halflings who use strategy and manipulation to compensate for their lack of physical prowess?

Hobgoblins out to prove themselves the mightiest of all sexes by conquering all men?

Orcs who revolted against their abusive menfolk and refuse to be vulnerable to them again?

Other urls found in this thread:

wenspencer.com/a-brothers-price/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a fan of the idea that there are 'Amazon' men, but they aren't the physically stronger of the sexes. In D+D terms women are the +2 Strength, +2 Con and men are the +2 Wis, +2 Int or something. Women tend to be the hunters, warriors and laborers, while men are the gatherers, storeholders, professionals etc.This means your average PC amazon would be a woman, but a man who bucked the trend as it were, could also be an option.

No, bad Blazebaros poster, bad!

Keep it easy.
Drows are D&D classic. Drows had tremendous sexual disparity. Something like solid four more in ability scores female had over men, among other things. Now it's just "Noble" drows. Anyway, matriarchal, strong, militant, domineering females, female deities.
Hyena-based gnolls are are ought to be matriarchal with females being bigger and stronger, and yes, dick-bearing. Tribal/shamanistic culture is the only option for gnolls, really, so no troubles on this front.
Bedouin expies. Clothes-covered head, desert/steppe dwelling crazy survivalists, matriarchal to the max, to the point that all commanders, leaders and rulers are women. Shamanistic and militant enough to fend off much more advanced ardently patriarchal monotheists around their deserts.
Yes, greenskins. When ye can shatter skulls with yer bare fists no one would mind yer a woman. Females are muscular, tribally dressed, and, in right conditions can lead female dominated tribes.
Any matriarchal wild/wood elven tribe would also work.

>I'm a fan of the idea that there are 'Amazon' men, but they aren't the physically stronger of the sexes.
That's how the Greek stories did it. They were on the bottom during sex and ducked in the street, because the Amazons were the original Bizarro World.

That's some ugly art.

Beautiful, is the word I think you're looking for.

>a disgusting weeb has been making these threads

We have to nukes again

Not all, most I've seen had them as entirely female, and having to shack up with this nearby entirely male tribe when they needed kids.
Sons went with the father, daughter with the mother.

for the Monstrous Humanoid races I'd probably tie them together with the Hag concept(which are often in D&D a distinct type of monster and not just a sort of human spellcaster)

Fuck off Blazbaros, with your aweful fucking art

We've been over matriarchies plenty before, they aren't easy to get working due to the pregnancy thing.

One way to do it is like Sea-horses, the female gets pregnant but can give it to the male to carry. Pretty squick though

>We've been over matriarchies plenty before, they aren't easy to get working due to the pregnancy thing.
Well technically, pregnancy doesn't interfere with female rulership. Just occasional mobility. Ex. Bonobos.

But there are plenty of genetic changes, especially among larger women, that would make pregnancy easier. Ex. How gazelles manage.

the question is: why do they wear diapers?

hey I remember you from /trash/ messing threads
how's it going?

I...I have never been to /trash/ messing threads.
I am genuinely confused. Nice trips, though.

confused black man is commonly used in/trash/ to prompt other people to extensively describe their fetish in a way that allows everybody to have a good fap.

By posting confused black man, you're essentially roleplaying as an outsider.

>suddenly remembers the discussion in an /aco/ thread about making diapered tribals

Okay, I am just getting more confused. So just answer this:
What the hell do amazons have to do with diapers?

Well they wear them. The question is: why?

I was thinking of having men and women not change physically, and maybe mentally, but instead have a matriarchy that puts a spin on human society. Men are still expected to be the breadwinners and ambitious, but they are psychologically conditioned to put women before themselves. Women are also seen by society as more calm and intune with things, whereas men are less trusted with finer tasks and encouraged to go into activities that are more physical
In short, it's a society where women are considered more valuable and trusted and men are considered more expendable and less trusted.
Try not to make it too "feminist".

>-4 STR
Oh, the irony

The only way to not make that a feminist schlickfest is to treat it like a weird artificial society that is straining under the economic and cultural pressure of keeping reality out.

I was thinking that to make it non-feminist it would highlight how society has devalued exceptional people because of their gender, and that men are considered ultimately disposable and are seen as mere pawns to be manipulated by matriarchs. Dissent is shot down by blacklisting and accusations of selfishness and "putting the cart before the horse". Those who are too disruptive are imprisoned.
Maybe have the culture clash with a far more advanced conventional culture that causes all sorts of chaos in both.

A society is a machine built to answer environmental challenges. In a vacuum, it doesn't matter if you make it strong and efficient or if you make stupid roundabout solutions, but no society exists in a vacuum and unjustified inefficiency is a huge drawback, and having to spend vast additional effort to maintain that inefficiency is lethal. What you are describing is a fascist state so fundamentally unsound it's hard to justify its continued existence, especially if there are 'far more advanced conventional cultures' around. Just maintaining the osmotic barrier against the more viable foreign ideas would require horrific internal sacrifices.

The Incas and Aztecs existed with outrageous inefficiencies related to their religion, and they did fine until smallpox came in.

It took a couple hundred spanish soldiers each time to catalyze a revolution that overthrew them and razed their capitals to the ground.

Isn't this and previous post basically internet feminism of today?

>outrageous inefficiencies related to their religion
The only major inefficiency their religion created was that they forgot how to fight a non-ritualized war. Their collapse was due to political weakness.

Feminism of today is largely demanding equality with the omnipotent, omnipresent construct of patriarchy they themselves created, so they're less vagina fascist and more incredibly delusional egalitarians.

We should have been more thorough the first time.

As a warrior culture, Loroi society is heavily stratified, and its institutions and customs can be very rigid. Details of specific traditions and rituals can be diverse, having progressed in parallel on three separate splinter colonies, and having since spread to dozens of additional worlds. There are, for example, many diverging dialects of the Trade Language that the Loroi jointly inherited from their Soia predecessors. Most of the core features of Loroi society are, however, common to most of the sub-cultures, and in almost all cases, society revolves around the warrior class. Loroi society is sharply partitioned into three segments: the females of the warrior class, the civilian females, and the males. The warrior class, accounting for roughly half of the population, fill nearly all military and governmental functions, and are themselves subdivided into numerous specialized castes that are similar (in division of duty) to our armed services. The civilian population is considered to be inferior in rank and importance to the military, but they are organized by profession in a similar way into groups that resemble trade guilds. Civilian institutions exist almost solely to support the military. The males, roughly one tenth of the population, exist mostly outside the normal structure of class, family and caste. Excluded from many professions and under pressure from the practical demands of reproduction, males nevertheless form an important element of the Loroi social machine.

The Loroi are remarkably humanlike in appearance, though with blue skin and pointed ears, and unusual range of hair and eye color. They are slightly smaller and more slender than humans; the average female stands 170 cm (5'7") tall, and males rarely more than 150 cm (5'). Nearly 90% of Loroi births are female. Most Loroi are left-handed. Loroi possess a unique form of telepathic communication known as sanzai ("sending"). A small percentage of Loroi also possess psychokinetic abilities.

Despite their outward similarity, Loroi and humans are very different biochemically and genetically. Loroi blood is blue, based on the same transport mechanism (most likely an exotic form of hemocyanin) as the other known Soia-Liron species. Loroi internal body temperature is lower than humans', about 27ºC (80ºF), and Loroi metabolism is highly efficient; adult Loroi normally eat only once per day. Young Loroi mature rapidly, reaching physical adulthood in 8 years, but age slowly, potentially living for 400 years or more. Loroi do not show significant signs of aging until shortly before they die. There is a small amount of growth in bone and cartilage throughout a Loroi's life, so an older Loroi is likely to be taller, and have longer ears and nose than a younger Loroi. Older Loroi often grow their hair longer, as well.

A Brother’s Price takes place in a world where men are born far less frequently than women. With males at a premium, one husband serves many wives, and a family’s fortunes can depend on making the most beneficial match for their sons.

wenspencer.com/a-brothers-price/

That's a cute female orc.

His art is indeed full of awe, but I don't remember seeing any pictures depicting fucking or other less violent types of intercourse.

That's a male orc

So it's basically a role-reversed world. I like it.

>One way to do it is like Sea-horses, the female gets pregnant but can give it to the male to carry. Pretty squick though
>Pretty squick though
Not really. Just make them a species of marsupials with a short gestation period. After the embryo develops sufficiently, the female's clitoris could evert into a temporary pseudopenis, with which she penetrates the male's marsupium and deposits the joey. Assuming a bipedal race, they'd likely have more kangaroo-like marsupiums, rather than the standard back-facing pouches.

You just described the real world we currently live in. I want to get *away* from that shit.

>Feminism of today is largely demanding equality with the omnipotent, omnipresent construct of patriarchy they themselves created, so they're less vagina fascist and more incredibly delusional egalitarians.
Feminsists aren't egalitarian in any sense. If they were, they'd give a shit about freeing *men* from gender roles as well.

Can you either die or fuck off? Either will work.

minotaurs.

there are both male and female minotaurs, and they are both incredibly powerful, extremely aggressive, and generally solitary beings. they only come together to fuck. the noise caused by minotaur couplings can be mistaken for thunder or landslides in mountainous regions.