Switch sides

>Your last PC is now the Bad guy in your next game
What happens?

He tries to plunge the world in constant war to power his patron deity, who is a god of war

>Last PC was a bad guy
What do I do now OP?

>aboleth hugging cultist is now more of a bad guy than before
Oh no

Super villain mode

My last pc was a criminally-minded thug of a girl who stole to get by. It'd probably be a street level crime game and she's a rival gang boss or if the players are the good guys, she's a cat burglar who hasn't been caught? Might be cool.

My last character was a friendly German cook....He cooks Nazi food now?

Considering he was rehabilitated, seems he had a relapse. So that means the entire city is covered with enough illusions that walking between rooms is an adventure and it will be weeks before anyone can get a full account of what was taken.

Like sausages, but put into the plate in the shape of a swastikas? Or instead of a pancake smiley face it's a pancake Hitler's face?

>not becoming a cultist hellbent on cooking and creating the perfect dish made from the world to serve it to his elder god master

He's a soup nazi now.

The last PC I played is a magical girl fighting off the devil's mirror race to humanity.
And the soul of Lillith, who is the mother of that race, has latched on to my character's soul. They ended up falling in love because they are both hated for sins they had commit in the past and they understand each other's pain.
I suppose this would be the reason.
The world fucking ends because Lillith could be stupidly powerful if awakened.

Well my last character was so lawful nice it physically hurt so a heel turn is unlikely

However we have worked out as a party that our home base castle we've built is a CR 15-18 dungeon for an evil aligned party.

So I guess for an evil aligned party the first choice is do you try and hack the teleporter circle and deal with the angel who serves as the castalan or do you go to sneak through the sewers where the juvenile brown dragon lives.

Then in order to make it to the underground vault you either have to make it through a social encounter in the pub with my character, fight your way through the fighter's 100% legit "Training Grounds" (Which is definitely not an underground fight club) or trap find your way through the shaman's exotic plants green house.

Doing any of these will probably cause enough of a fuss to cause the redeemed rakshasa head of police to show up.

If you get through all that you make it to the basement where you only have the awakened guardian elder basilisk of legend and which ever party members you didn't fight upstairs to worry about and then it's a straight shot to the vault housing the dangerously evil magic items.

A nice and naive paladin
So I suppose he's some kind of totalitarian now

A 13 year old girl with metallic bones and acidic blood, one of several genetic experiments who have escaped lab custody and have gone on a blood bath country tour, dismantling laboratories and freeing other experiments.

I guess after finding out a campaign antagonist is actually her half-brother, and that her parents are both doctors that previously worked at the lab her resentment and deep seated abandonment issues will cause her to turn on the party after the brother outgrows his heart and dies at a young age, which the rest of the party is all for.

The big obstacles would be killing the electromancer, whom is a hard counter to metal bones and acidic blood, and the big guy, whom throws crowbars deadlier then pistol fire. The big guy is also the person that is the closest thing she has to a friend, which amounts to two high aggression test subjects who regularly beat each other to near death.

I guess after or during a lab assault she'd turn on the party for letting her brother die, Take out the electromancer in a surprise attack, lead the big guy into a trap or somehow avoid a direct confrontation, since fuck those crowbars are deadly.

This could go a few ways user. Which do you think sounds best?

>The last war between some of the Draconic gods has convinced a ranger that survived the war that even the gods must be made to obey the rules of balance to keep the world intact. He works to gather the power and resources necessary to make even the gods heel and toe the line

>A ranger is finally made to meet his Zera worshiping/ cultist- prince father. He agrees the future of man is to culturally and genetically absorb the "lesser" races through conquest and eugenics. he works to spread this ideology.

>A half elven ranger thwarts the assassination attempt made on him by his mother. After finding out the event was blest by the elven nobility, he works to end their ability to chose such drastic and over blown tactics ever again.

why always ranger?

>a not-startrek game doing a not-Voyager campaign
>Character is the equivalent of an XCOM Scientist as head of the science department on the ship and manages to weaponize any alien tech handed to him
It wouldn't be a stretch. He already has plans to build a massive amplification and broadcast system around a Magnetar and beam it directly into the psychic network of a particular assholish precursor species.

huh bad guy starts the game dead; interesting twist.

A kleptomaniac janitor who has a habit of 'finding' magical items of great power and also gained the ability to swap his soul into other bodies.

I'd probably go with the whole 'mad with power' thing and have him steal more and more magical doodads and work his way up to a monstrously powerful being to bodysnatch before completely losing sight of his humanity and being consumed by his maddening quest for power in a futile attempt to combat his inferiority complex.

My current character is a wizard just out of university and is traveling the world to have fun in a massive after school party

Dont know how to turn that into the big bad, he just wants to sleep around, earn money and have fun. He could be a minor bad with those traits

>halfling warlock terrified who only got his pact by accident and just wants to get rid of it
>His diety is useless
>He's scared of everything and sick of all the adventuring shit he's forced to do
>Best spell he has is hellish rebuke which doesn't do much with his 15 HP
We're good. He's a pushover.

Not every game has to be huge in scale, you could absolutely pull off a campaign where the goal is to stop the frat boy date rape wizard.

I guess you could say that you did Nazi that coming

He's barely held in check and grounded in reality by his friends and allies. Assuming all that is gone, maximum overdrive lunatic wizard mode is activated.

He steals the season of summer and uses it as fuel in a furnace, with which he forges a weapon to kill the gods. The goal of the campaign is to help the elemental courts track down the missing season and release it before he can finish his project and drop a nuclear bomb into the afterlife, thus ruining everything for everyone.

>where the goal is to stop the frat boy date rape wizard.

My last PC was way too kindhearted to ever purposefully do anything wrong. He is also very gullible, so I could see his being tricked into doing something awful. I guess he could be in a situation like Darth Vader or Frank Horrigan where he isn't technically in charge of the villains, but he's still the primary antagonist.

It would still be difficult to get him to do anything too blatantly villainous though. In game the party managed to catch on to the fact that we were working for the bad guys on the grounds that good guys wouldn't blow up a city. Kidnapping plots sure, just tell him that you're out to help these poor neglected children, but outright murder isn't going to fly.

we'd probably all die, to be honest, she was a skilled poison user with a ridiculously high sneak and slight of hand.

Well, it's not entirely an unreasonable turn of events. A mother would do anything to protect his children, and to her the whole empire is her family

I guess the party is on the wrong side of the church, this time around.

She's not got the strategic finesse to be a primary antagonist and lacks any form of subtlety, but as the bearer of the title Heaven's Right Hand, she doesn't need any of that because her only job is to be able to pack the biggest punch in a fight.

She'd probably be the miniboss that appears several times across the campaign as she hunts them across the continent, forcing them to flee and just generally acting like the Terminator with a massive fuck-off axe, answering any attempts to dissuade her, or do anything that isn't running away in the opposite direction until they can shake her, with the removal of 80% of their hitpoints.

Eventually, probably close to the end of the campaign, she'd plant herself in front of a doorway or entrance that the party absolutely needs to take, make a pithy speech about heresy and the path of righteousness, and force them into a fight to the death.

>Orc Fighter for hire
really breaking the bad guy mold here

>nWoD hunter obsessed with creating tailor made weapons to kill paranormal creatures in defense of humanity
>VALKYRIE called his work "Silver Bullet"
>Specialized in improvised jury rigged weaponry
>Once made a blender car out of a crashed helicopter, a semi truck, and a fuckoad of duct tape to kill a werewolf
>Dropped a homemade nuke into the Faen realm because fuck it why not?

I can only imagine he got on someone's bad side for going on a murder spree against less than hostile paranormal creatures.
In direct combat he isn't really too dangerous as far as World of Darkness is concerned, just a dude with a big gun.
Really don't want to leave him alone for too long though once he's after you, dude was borderline slasher. Like a bizarre lovechild of Ash Williams and Jigsaw

Played a wizard in a tech campaign. Events at the end probably saw him take some cleric levels too, and mixing it with mystic theruge. Wizard was obsessed with assuming a perfect technological form, and his morals had a tendency to get... loose near high concentrations of technology. Chances are he probably went a step too far without the moral compass of the party nearby to re-align him. Probably went full mad-doctor.

>Tech guy who dabbles in magic
>Magic guy who dabbles in tech
these two should team up

Party is faced with a warrior-priest able to catch arrows, tank explosions and run faster than a galloping horse, not to mention he has a coat with a fuckton of swords in it.
He also has, on occasions, dodged bullets.
Probably a really tough boss if the GM doesn't play him as a retard.

I've never played a game before so I guess the world has achieved peace?

Hey, me too! What're you doing here?

All are great ideas but they rank best in ascending order.

Pray that I can get him outside of a forest before we throw down. Mother fucker's a ranger that encompasses all of what made the Vietcong so horrifying to fight. Add to that a giant monitor lizard companion, an affinity for nature magic, and the fact that some of the local fey actually enjoy his company to an extent and it's basically going to be a slaughter in his favor if we fight on his terms.

Current character is a wizard obsessed with knowledge. Well, she's a nice woman, but not good. I could actually see her as a baddie in a "Think of the possibilities!" mad scientist way, because she sure doesn't care about the consequences as long as she can learn something new.
She'd probably be an interesting and dangerous boss cause she specializes in utility spells and spell combos over brute force.

PCs don't realize that until the moment of sudden but inevitable betrayal.

A pacifistic mute barbarian who refuses to kill unless it must be done...

I have no idea how to go about this.

>I have no idea how to go about this.
That's pretty much pic related, with sign language or communication in writing.

because my current character is a half elf ranger. The first scenario is based if we fail at our current campaign. The second and third are based on if he is unable stay out of contact/ things go to shit with either of his parents.

I'm sorry user, but my brain can only think of the mathematical definition of that word right now (5ish am). Top or bottom is your favorite? I'll expound on that one.

>Last PC was a warrior-king who may or may not be immoral thanks to not!Excalibur.

Having realised that governments and people in general don't care for world peace and only think of themselves and their greed she tries to return the world to a tribal society without kings and queens. Where the elemental planes and normal plane are much more interchangeable so that the elementals can caretake the world and so people can't be corrupted by their own greed.

>last PC is basically only fighting the villain because the guy cheated him out of some petty cash.
We could probably just give him whatever it is he wanted and he'd fuck off. He's really only dangerous if you throw shadow magic at him.

The BBEG is now a monk/oracle hybrid with levels in sorcerer. They are a crafting machine. Also a vetala. Specializing in disguise and subterfuge, they build a criminal organization partially populated by their own aliases.

Basically what I do, only for evil instead of profit.

My PC is already a villain, so I know exactly what his deal is.

He was on a quest to become the contrarian. Basically good and evil are fundamental parts of the universe. Evil needs to happen because arbitrary reasons, but people trend mostly towards good.

So there's a group of people who exist entirely to tempt people into darkness, empower them so they can spread chaos more effectively, and just generally kick puppies.

Most of them are literal punch-clock villains and evoke an air of silly silver-age comics with rotating door prisons. My dude's goal was to eliminate all other sources of 'true' evil (yeah, it matters in a weird way) so that he becomes THE antagonist, full stop.

I have no idea how you would fight this guy, acting directly against him destroys the universe for vague arbitrary reasons (basically, the god who built this universe wasn't very good at it), and all he wants to do is rock the goddamn boat so fighting or ignoring him is a win state.

>Boisterous Elf Paladin of Ancients who's way too friendly
Using his incredible strength, nigh-invulnerability and ridiculous charm, he's formed a cult of like minded people to dissolve the world's government systems and return it to a state of Eden-like innocence and simplicity.
All because he didn't have the noble title to marry his lady love.

Vampire loli just wanted to live a normal life, but the churches wouldn't let that happen!
Guess I've gotta drink 'em until they shut up!

My last pc was a neutral evil wizard that was tagging along with a mostly good party for fame and loot. Most of the party wanted to beat the shit out of her but they were indispensable to the team.

He tries to commit magical genocide against (almost) all the PC races and replace them.

>Falls back into gambling despite swearing off it in his last adventure
>this time accrues even worse debt and is forced to pay it off again by becoming a sellsword
>ends up working for and getting roped in with the wrong people (instead of a band of heroes like last time) in order to pay it off for "muh family"

He was never much, a town guard turned adventurer/sellsword by circumstance. So he'd probably just be a henchman to the BBEG at the very most.

>Evil barbarian becomes demon corrupted
Oh NO

There is literally no conceivable way my character would turn villain, other than mind control.

This is sorta happening, actually. I took over GMing a Skulls and Shackles campaign, wherein my PC leaves the crew he's captained to become a Grey Corsair, so he ends up becoming a returning antagonist of sorts.

>11-year-old super-naive satyr pacifist with no martial or magical skills of any kind

...Well, I'm drawing a blank.

>Anima: Beyond Fantasy
>Warlock who gave up all of creation being aware he exists to make a dragon pact.
>Has a pet fairy/extension of his soul that also technically doesn't exist, and that will straight murder threats to her master, or those people he considers friends, with little to no provocation
>Incredibly intelligent, knows magic based around Creation, Earth, Nature, Dreams, and Knowledge
>Cared immensely about preserving and passing on knowledge, to help advance civilization and promote cohabitation and friendship between humanity and the non-human races
>Is now evil
So now he's basically a harder-to-find Yoshikage Kira minus the weird fetish, with his fairy being BITE ZA DUSTO.
Christ almighty, it's going to take the Powers in the Shadow to stop his shit. Or finding his dragon and murdering her, since the death of one will inevitably cause the death of the other.

Typical Chaos sorcerer.

So I turn from a normal CN rogue to Edwin Vancleef, considering we have a paladin and barbarian in our team I'm guessing they'll also become bad guys, so we get a powerful Death Knight and dwarven Garrosh Hellscream.

>implying I've ever been in a game

>What are fallen celestials?

Oathbreaker Paladin happens, and he becomes an enforcer for greater dark powers.

System, paranormal. Based of the tv series supernatural.
Character, Dimitri masovich yuranovski, a /K/ as fuck Russian hunter with a VW microbus (not painted like the mystery machine) full of guns, explosives and vodka.
The party finds themselves persued by a STALKER looking motherfucker wearing a gas mask with enough firepower to kick in the front door of a police station and win. He shrugs off most small arms like the buzzing of flys and uses depleted uranium rounds in large quantities to deal with any obstacles between him and his prey. The lucky party members find the TNT wired to their cars ignitions, the unlucky ones get to roll up new characters. The survivors develop PTSD triggered by the scent of vodka and cigarettes as well as the deep rumble of the russian V-8 engine he slapped in the microbus. Occasionally they find him laying in wait in an asbestos suit with a flame thrower on their missions. Other times someone's head just explodes while they're sitting at dennys looking for leads, shot from several hundred yards away. His mask muffled singing haunts their dreams. But a few seconds of the Russian national anthem is enough to raise their heart rates. There is little rest an no feeling of safety even in well fortified positions. They know the Russian is out there, chain smoking and biding his time. Eventually they will slip up and another will die. The survivors will run and the hunt will begin again. If they finally do overcome him and take his stuff he has one last trap for them, the internet search history on his laptop will make them wish he had burned them alive.

He accidentally the whole Camarilla.

But that already happened. He became the champion of an evil god of war and was killed by the party paladin in a climactic battle.
His death ensured the evil god's influence would be limited, and because the war god was honorable and shit, he considered that a fair cop. The paladin was hailed as a martyr.

>Tarzan/Mr Hyde -like gorilla man with a taste for grappling and the finer things in life
I am afraid things are about to get a whole lot rapier

Mages around the world start dying, a cult rises up trying to bring equality to the world through force.

Not a celestial, just an unbelievably good guy. A real hero with an unshakeable belief everyone is worth saving.

I guess she went a bit power-crazy and wanted to spar with literally everyone. Either that or she's pulling a Richter Belmont and try to resurrect ancient vampires all willy-nilly just to spar with them.

What did he do?

>current character is a smartass flying skull that casts spells
It's a fucking Tomb of Horrors run, but the loot is replaced with notes calling the party retarded.

A man with the charisma of Charles Manson and the ambitions and cruelty of Ghengis Khan makes a deal with an Elder God of immense and unfathomable power to become an incredible warlock who poses his spells as miracles and signs that he is the true deity of this world and the next.

In short, I didn't have to change anything.

>Character: a bard who seriously offended a minor lord and became a fugitive. He fled to a far-off jungle frontier as part of a mercenary company to hide out for a spell before getting tangled up into some awful jungle adventures involving lots of demons

Poor Caspian has had too much of this fucking place. The meek savage natives who never seem to lift a finger to defend themselves, the idiotic puffed-up colonists who seem intent on conquering for the sake of conquering, his loutish party members, and especially the horrifying fucking demons that seem to pop out of the woodwork every time he turns a corner. He's gone completely crackers, the poor fellow, and escaped into the interior of the jungle to Heart-of-Darkness it the fuck up. Perhaps he got tired of fighting demons and decided to make some kind of terrible bargain? The PCs (who were probably hired by the bumbling colonists) have been assigned to track him down and drag him back before he does something rash.

My last PC was a high strung student from a magical college that recently got on the bad side of a very influential man.

Looks like the party that takes him down will be more like orderlies coming in to deal with a crazy guy that casts really pretty fish illusions.

>last PC was a wizard who feels extreme guilt after killing a childhood friend

He becomes obsessed on preventing death. Not his own, mind you. He is a marytr. He plans on performing a ritual to seal everyone'a soul to the earth, trapping them in a dreamscape where they never die and nothing bad ever happens.

The last character i played was a bullshit antimagic cleric. He probably takes over everything in the world after creating an order of similar clerics who are all basically indestructible. Because being able to be a full caster in magic heavy armor but also constantly surrounded by a thirty foot antimagic sphere is retarded, and wins like 75% of encounters.

My fucking sides

someone payed him a lot of money and that person isn't literally satan hitler so he doesn't feel bad about taking their money.

This literally already happened.

>game theme: normal people from the modern world are mysteriously transported to a magical fantasy world, because my DM is a weeb that copies ideas from anime
>enter Pasquale, the offensively stereotypical Italian chef in search of the greatest flavors the world has to offer
>now in a new world full of strange new plants and creatures that all have their own unique flavors
>also I guess we're helping elves protect some sacred artifacts or something
>absolutely everything that the party killed, he would try to cook and eat, with mixed results
>zombie beholder is surprisingly tasty
>eventually Real Life things get in the way and the game goes on indefinite hiatus until people have free time again
>people never have free time again
>jokingly state that the campaign ended because Pasquale finally ascended to eldritch form and ate all of existence

>a few months later, new campaign
>evil campaign
>serving our dark lord, the All-Consuming One
>and he is hungry for elves

22nd level 3.5 ex-cleric with force and time domains (and a gd weapon of legacy) that had to kill his own god to save the world
> wew lad

>5e Paladin goes full Tuetonic Death Cultist
>Inquisitor becomes the new Storm Tyrant

how is he a badguy then?

Because Instrumentality is bad, and the stagnation of human progression and personal accomplishment by robbing a man of any consequence (both good and bad) is no better than killing them, as it removes any epistemological and existential reason for existence, thus forcing them to live an unending shell-life completely lacking in purpose, joy, meaning, or growth. Thus it is no longer truly life, but rather an unending purgatory akin to being bound, gagged, and locked in a featureless beige room for all eternity

Micolash pls

>Barbarian living her life in wayward, reckless abandon not because she actually enjoys it, but because she wants to find something she can actually enjoy in her life
The party starts in an inn when in a moment of drunken helplessness, she gets up from her stool and starts killing people. The entire campaign is a very deliberate, no-dull moment series of events that take place within a single night based around trying to stop her. Basically Medieval Columbine Survival Campaign

Inquisitions and crusades.

A lot of them.

>Star Wars: Force and Destiny
>Empire is gaining power, Jedi are scattered/rogue
>Rebellion still weak, mostly small-scale efforts
>Be me, fresh out of "training" (know how to Force, but no saber or connections)
>Know that the rise of the Empire is the will of the Force, and will fade in the future
>Hang out with other weak-ass Jedi on backwater planet, generally laying low
>Suddenly, need to leave
>Steal ship from Imperial governor, nope off planet
>Head to Hutt homeworld to jail break ship
>Team gets distracted, steal pirate ship, free chid slaves
>I just want to lay low, not cause trouble
>Team insults Hutts, causes fight, pulls sabers (skipped that part, not important)
>We leave, go to Rebel base to sell Imperial ship
>Rebel base is Imperial sting because teammate fucked up
>I just wanted to lay low
>Teammate gets interrogated, tells about Jedis on backwater
>Daring jailbreak, includes running from arbitrarily large squads, stealing a ship, passing out, and getting picked up by friend
>Head back to backwater to pick up Jedi Masters that trained us
>Imperials on their way to burn city
>Get vision that city burns
>We have to evacuate city
>Imperials surround city
>Won't let anyone leave
>Teammates want to smuggle entire city into two shipping freighters, outrun entire fleet
>I have a different idea
>Imperials can't stop a mass evacuation
>This city was going to burn anyway, it has been seen
>So we burn it ourselves
>Everyone flees at once
>We escape in panic
>Imperials start helping refugees
>We start a Jedi Order on different backwater with freed child slaves
>Tell Jedi Order that we need to just lay low, not go around saving the galaxy
>They agree, say that the old Jedi ways of galactic peacekeeping didn't work
>Get officially knighted
>Teammate that freed slaves, wants to help others suspected to be falling to the Dark Side

Not playing as "evil" yet, but the Jedi that quashes the Rebellion in the name of peace would be fun.

Accidentally the whole Camarilla. Malcavian, duh.

Easy, he was hired to take out a noble doing good for a kingdom. The only current suspect is the elven ambassador known for his peerless archery, but his arrest would strain relations with the elves of the forest, and they would likely cut off the lumber trade. With this in mind the PCs set off to bring my character in and clear the elf's name.

>My last PC is a Swashbuckling Pirate Captain who plunders for the sheer thrill of it
I guess he got bored of classic adventures and decided to seek a better challenge. He and his crew defeated the country's navy single-handed and then pillaged the PCs' hometown while they were out questing

Oh fuck. Call of Cthulu Victorian cutpurse/knifeman. So psychotic prince of thieves using occult artifacts stolen from cultists.

Dwarf Ranger sharing a headspace with an elven vampire deity.

Sounds fun, let's do it.

This has happened in both of the Delta Green games I played with my new group. My first character was a forensic pathologist with the CDC who, in the final episode of the campaign, became adapted to both violence and helplessness, lost all of his contacts, was burned down to 8 sanity, and contracted an immortality disease. He's now insane and immortal, locked in a bunker far below the earth. The second game, a one shot, my CIA agent shot and killed the bad guy who was possessed by a hunter spirit type thing. Because I was the one to kill it, the spirit possessed me instead and made me hunt my former teammates. Good times.

So basically, Es muß nicht immer Kaviar sein? Thanks for reminding me, BTW.

my current PC is a wizard in denial that despises the practice of magic and wants to slay the wizard that killed his family
he has spent enough time studying the way magic works and the ways of wizards that he has developed magical mastery of his own.
However he is oblivious to this power and uses it exclusively by accident
I can see him being a big bad amassing a following of like minded cultists against the practice of magic.
eventually they stumble across a ritual to dampen the flow of magical energy into the material plane, perhaps sealing off access from one of the elemental planes
the campaign could have the reoccurring joke that the cultists regularly eat their own due to them accidentally casting spells and being punished for doing so
sounds fun

Ha ha, jokes on you, OP! It's already in my planbook that my PC will end up succumbing to his greater ideals and become a BBEG!

My thri-kreen psychic warrior would probably go on a killing spree hunting down all of the most powerful wizards and magic users in the world. He's neutral aligned, so he'd justify his actions by saying no one should have the power to reshape reality and to do so would disrupt the natural order.

>it removes any epistemological and existential reason for existence
Er, I'm not certain about this. If you still exist, why wouldn't existential reasons exist for life? I mean, Camus literally cited Sisyphus, who struggles perpetually and cannot die, as an example of an absurdist hero. And "epistomological" should imply that the nature of knowledge would be involved here somehow, but I don't see how that's the case either: removing death from the world doesn't change anything about knowledge.

I mean, your central point seems fine, but I think you're just throwing words around without taking the time to make sure they make sense in the way that you're using them. If so, you should stop that.

joke's on you, i DM'ed last game