Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Slumming it Edition
Tell us about the slums you have in your campaigns. Do they have their own unique flavors or are they nondescript and generic?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87074/assault-on-the-black-ship
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86942/starstone-academy-of-the-deific-arts
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87353/schrodingers-goddess
paizo.com/threads/rzs2n89j?Alchemist-Communal#2
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-discoveries/aromatic-extract/
youtube.com/watch?v=BS0M5HIulwg&list=PLQz6VVjd_OGRfDD_YMcm5ylfNo9dwjVXW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who here has parties freak out at the horrors of war.

My players found a hobgoblin camp where the hobgoblins had captures and tortured several people. My players got really freaked out at the tortured and prisoners who were being starved.

I have. It's usually only one or two players, while the "too cool for school" kids scoff at the captured for being weak, but a few have gotten shaken up IC about it.

So I understand it would be ridiculous to give iconics to all the archetypes, but couldn't they have generic npcs so that I don't have to stat out graplecentric luchadors manually.

>My players got really freaked out at the tortured and prisoners who were being starved.
Why? Yeah, being a POW is never good, ad torturing war prisoners is always had and horrendous, but why would the players ooc start freaking out? I mean, its what happens during a war when one of the sides has less scruples about ethics towards their enemies. Heck, considering how consistently Evil hobgoblins are, one would expect tortirng war-slaves to be par for the course, and starving them makes sense from a purely practical standpoint since it can be a pain to have to consistantly provide resources and provisions for prisoners who aren't beneficial to you in anyway. Really, unless they're looking for slaves to break or force to do engineer work(ala Bridge on the River Kwai), or are looking to perform Ransom, it would actually make more sense fro Hobs to take no prisoners and kill most victims and enemy soldiers, save for the few they would sacrifice to whatever evil god they worship.

how evil would it be to not tell people to get cold weather starting gear for reign of winter?

If they heard the title and premise, and didn't immediately buy cold weather gear, then they deserve whatever happens next.

Not really a slum, but the world's second biggest city in my setting has a massive tent city outside of its walls that would make the city the biggest in the world if the government would recognize it as a part of the city.
Nomadic peoples stop there to trade without going into the city, and merchants living in the city go out to peddle their wares to the foreigners. Crime is a problem out there because the city guards don't have jurisdiction outside the walls, so sellswords flock there for easy work as bodyguards and mercenaries.

Most of my games have been based in Ustalav, and given the inherent nature of traveling monster hunters, many times the party ends up staying in the slums of the larger cities. I try to make each county's slums seem different, emphasizing the local color (and problems). For example, Kavapesta, seat of the Penitent faith, has many homeless and impoverished: and many of them will spit on you if you offer them coin or food. They are not beggars or vagrants, but ascetics who take the harsh teachings of the Penitent creed to an extreme conclusion: rejecting all comforts in this life (and indeed, even trying to engender higher levels of suffering: drinking tainted water, engaging in flagellation and rubbing filth in the wounds, sleeping on hard stones while exposed to the elements, etc.) so that they might be rewarded in the hereafter.

What's Black Ship?

Can anyone drop the Legion of Paper Summoner feat description? Not sure if thats it's exact name, but it doesnt seem to be on the SRD and I cant find it anywhere for some damn reason.

I literally don't trust /pfg/ games not to be bamboozles unless i know the GM

In character there's basically no reason to start with it, though, considering the game canonically starts in Taldane in the middle of the goddamn summer. So you either sensibly metagame and buy it or you suffer real bad.

Reign has some... problems.

Not a slum so much as a backwater town. The town is called Dirt. The local dirt farmers farm dirt. They dirty prostitutes take dirt baths. They have never seen anything so extravagant as mud. They elected a goblin as mayor. We accidentally destroyed 2/5 standing structures in the town, luckily the tavern was unharmed.

Do they get teleported to the middle of Irrisen?

I mean you DO start in a town that's beset by winter, and it's not that far out of the realm of possibility for one of the town's craftsmen to make cold weather gear on commission. It'd only cost like what, 10gp? If even that.

Yep.

You're not wrong, but it's outside the time frame for the adventure to actually craft items. Crafting rules even for mundane things are pretty awful if you bother to actually use them, and the adventure doesn't give a whole lot of guidance. You're also put on a clock to rescue someone at the start, so waiting a day or two for people to make cold weather cloaks should probably result in failing.

It's a fixable problem, definitely. The easiest solution is just to put them some place that at least knows what cold weather is, even if it's unusual for that time of your. There's really no reason to start it in Taldane instead of Varisia, which fixes a lot of those problems.

I mean not all metagaming is bad. There's a reason why players guides exist and why "that's what my character would do!" is such a fucking meme.

>It's a fixable problem, definitely. The easiest solution is just to put them some place that at least knows what cold weather is, even if it's unusual for that time of your. There's really no reason to start it in Taldane instead of Varisia, which fixes a lot of those problems.

The Adventure Path explicitly says the local store has Cold Weather Outfits, and you should buy some before venturing into the forest.

Yeah, it's just... usually for the Player's Guide you get told to design your character in such and such way that they'll buy heavily into the adventure, which is good. And the campaign traits tie into that, with them including things like exiled winter witches, barbarians, people from the Land of Linnorm Kings. It's just undercut by also starting in Taldor for some reason, so your character probably comes from the north but is now chilling out in Southern Taldor, which is a few miles away from Arabian Nights.

Yeah, that shit is really fucking awkward. I really don't know why they do shit like that.

Is any of the Wicked Fantasy stuff in the troves?

>world is depopulated
>cities have fallen back to their old walls
>the surrounding city has been forsaken to the night
>monsters and criminals skulk through them
>public works projects try to level them and rebuild the city
>People keep trying to move to the countryside
>Inevitably get raided by monsters and forced back to the slums
>The cycle continues
Add on to that that the "sewers" of the city are just the city from 200 years ago, sunken into the ground and repurposed.

It's good stuff.

What're the currently recruiting games? Been away for a couple weeks, would like to see what's up.

>want to play tabletop rpg
>no friends
>public tabletop events are at days where I'm unavailable
I just want to know what its like roleplaying in someones story and have "fun". It ain't fair

Online nigga.

Apply to online games. I think there are 3 currently recruiting here, though I only have the link to one.

>Kitsune Oracle with Superior Shapeshifter and the Lame curse.
Superior shifter gives fox shape as per beast shape II. as far as I can tell that means: Tiny -2 str, +4 dex, +1 to Nat Armor, Bite 1d4,scent, base land speed of 40 (no other size modifiers from going Medium to tiny?)

Does the shape change modify land speed in spite of the lame curse, or does the fox speed drop?

There doesn't seem to be any specific information regarding this interaction, but the description for the oracle's curse states that it can't be removed or dispelled without the aid of a deity-as such, I'm inclined to think that you have reduced speed even in your fox form.

Fox form drops to 30.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87074/assault-on-the-black-ship
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86942/starstone-academy-of-the-deific-arts

Argument can be made that canidae can run just fine on 3 legs.

Mostly thanks for answering when so many of the piazo junkies are over on the much faster paced starfinder thread

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87353/schrodingers-goddess

Forgot one, my bad.

>I.Drive asking about Seducer Witch

oboy, here he goes raping again.

Mechanics doesn't care how many legs you have, or if you have any at all. Except gimpy merfolk, I don't think land speed can drop below 5 feet.

IDrive is like Krombopulous Michael, but with rape instead of killing? He'll rape anybody, anytime, anywhere?

Women, children, old people. He just loves raping.

>"Oh boy, here I go raping again!"

Alright /pfg/ as a prospective future memegame GM, what are some things I need to do to ensure that it isn't a shitshow, and that /pfg/ actually gives a fuck about it?

If the curse was anything but lame, could a superior shapeshifter sleep in armor in fix form since their gear melds into their body?

>what are some things I need to do to ensure that it isn't a shitshow
Don't recruit the hacker known as Veeky Forums.

20-30 Point Buy. Preferably 25 minimum, but people have turned out for 20. Gestalt is a big temptation, but somewhat optional. Stay away from mythic. Have a solid premise, obviously. Make lewd "optional"

You idiot, his name is Anonymous.

Veeky Forums is his hacker hangout where he colludes with his hacker friends (Also named Anonymous) to infiltrate the White House.

A good story, with a solid concept that provides room for actual character development.

25 PB, standard assortment of 3pp, 3rd level start.

After that, it just depends on which celebs take the bait, and if their participation is enough to stir up other people's interest.

>standard assortment of 3pp
I pass on every game I see path of why or sphereshit touch.

Good for you!

Fortunately, pretty much every other player here has good taste, so they prefer such content.

>25+ point buy
>level 3 start
>gestalt
>wide range of available time slots or just "time slot to be determined by player availability"
>1-2 month long application process
>"as lewd as the players want to go"
>preferably an AP that people have been wanting somebody to run (CotCT and RoW come to mind) or set in an area of Golarion people always want to explore (LotLK, Brevoy or Taldor)

After that, all you can do is hope you get a few celebs and memesters jumping on board early and the circus should wind itself up.

I was asleep that late m8. Not everyone who talks about Intrigue is me.

>good taste
>the shit everyone points to when they say 3p shit is, of course, shit
It's okay user. We can't all have good opinions.

Shit's still better than an aflame shit.

Does anybody get raped?

I hope Idrive accepts me into his game and rapes me

My Inquisitor died last night, guys.

The party was being chased by guards and needed a way to slow them down. So he drew his sword and pistol and ran headfirst into the crowd of guards coming around the corner. The party managed to escape and now they're trying to recover his body.

All he ever wanted in life was to die protecting his friends.

I want to rape IDrive!

I think I should apply to this game.

In what ways do you refelct Char 5 or 7?

So what counts as intelligent undead for the purposes of the command undead feat? Is it any undead with an intelligence score?

Autism. At charisma 5 it becomes 2hu tier.

The Hound. Not necessarily in terms of looks, although that contributes, but more of personality.

>the shit everyone points to when they say 3p shit is, of course, shit

You're reading something written by someone who didn't drink the kool-aids.

>The face has Char 5.
>He's the best face we ever had.

Intelligent undead are basically like Intelligent Animals, if their Int is above a 2 there's some level of intelligence there outside of just primal hunger.

What was the most recent game that had a circus? I vaguely remember Iron Gods had a few reviews, but I've missed many threads.

How do communal and multi target extracts work? Do they only affect the alchemist or can he put them into a sprayer bottle and affect the number of targets listed?

Whats the point of giving him shit like haste?

You drink the extract to "cast" the spell. So drinking it allows you to target other people.

Don't pull ambiguous timeslot bullshit, Its dumb to expect a player to write up a PC, get selected then realize the group schedule is fucking incompatible. Give a concrete range on when you're available and commit to that.

I know you want the MOST apps but at least be decent about it.

Is there a ruling I can use as evidence for that?

>An extract is “cast” by drinking it, as if imbibing a potion—the effects of an extract exactly duplicate the spell upon which its formula is based, save that the spell always affects only the drinking alchemist.
>the spell always affects only the drinking alchemist

Yeah, ignore me, I'm stupid.

I fear that a GM could easily misinterpret it so that only the drinker meaning drinking communal darkvision means only you get affected.

That's exactly what it means RAW. If you drink a communal darkvision, you're the only one affected.

Even SKR confirmed that's how it works. An Alchemist can't share Communal spells.
paizo.com/threads/rzs2n89j?Alchemist-Communal#2

It makes sense but I guess its kind of dumb that an alchemist can't simply get some sort of sprayer to affect the entire party.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo-alchemist-discoveries/aromatic-extract/

Best I know of. There might be something else?

>Alchemist pulls out communal darkvision infusion
>The party dribbles it between themselves

youtube.com/watch?v=BS0M5HIulwg&list=PLQz6VVjd_OGRfDD_YMcm5ylfNo9dwjVXW

Jesus christ that is fucking steep.

What's your favorite school of magic?

Megumin is the best girl, I'm not even a lolicon and that qt awakens the beast inside me.

One that comes with some versatility

Well I mean... it does let you make a Communal Anything?

Shit ton of communal and multi target alchemist spells, apparently, dev logic was to let you fulfill spell prereqs for crafting which is retarded because alchemists can't qualify for crafting feats without master craftsman because they don't count as spell casters.

I bet she smells wonderful

Why do all the shit tier players play Chaotic Neutral, /pfg/?

It's the easiest alignment to play. Chaotic screams, "Do whatever I want at any given moment for no reason." Neutral screams, "Be self-serving at all times." It's easy, you never have to make a choice that disadvantages you while not carrying the brand of evil. You get to be stupid and random and did what you think is funny because that's what your character would do.

That's not to say CN can't be done well, of course. It just attracts shitters.

Is there anywhere I can read up more on Arshea? I've already read the pathfinder wiki and archives of nethys about here which were both pretty barren. The only other thing I've found was some tumblr tranny blog about how arshae was wonderful because [socjus buzzwords about gender] and some other thing about a herm tiefling worshipping her.

Is there anything written by relatively sane people I can read? She seems like a good goddess for a certain free-loving beep, with agathions in her profile and all.

>Neutral screams, "Be self-serving at all times."
That's evil, though.
Evil are egoists, Good are altruists, Neutral are in the middle.

Bestiary 6

"Neutral People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent, but may lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others."

It's basically lacking the compulsion to make sacrifice, which they interpret as doing nothing without some benefit. Evil is actually defined by harming others.

"Evil Evil implies hurting, oppressing, and killing others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. Others actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some evil deity or master."

I think it can go either way, depending on how extreme it is, but the worst CN players I've known treat it as not doing anything unless they benefit directly.

Aside from the Outrider cavalier archetype and the teamwork feat Alien Mindpaths, does qualifying as a Lashunta by way of Racial Heritage give you access to anything nice?

Thanks. I unfortunately found that similarly disappointing. Maybe I'll just have the character dual-worship Arshae and some other NG god, maybe Shelyn or Sarenrae, maybe even adding in Rowdrosh too.

Black Butterfly.

The wizard, lvl 4 in my game tends to send out his familiar on scouting missions given that it has a stealth check of 17 rather than his 3.
Empathic link, how does it work? Can it transmit a number of enemies? Rough composition? General layout of the location? If the wizard has the appropriate knowledge spell could it identify the enemies?

Well, I've got a lot of complicated themes going on for the character that I'm currently calling "The Lamb". I want her to be a celestial pact avowed, that's willing to bleed for others, but also sees the good in things and wants to try and encourage it. She's both part of 'the herd', but see's herself as empowered to defend it. She's Arshae's version of free-loving, not Shelyn's but does her best to encourage beauty where she sees it. and yeah agathion blooded aasimar.

The black butterfly doesn't reallllly fit into the themes i've got running. I'm currently running with the idea of Arshae, Sarenrae and Rowdrosh.

"Because of the link’s limited nature, only general emotions can be shared."
It's not telepathy, it's not even accurate empathy, you just get the general feeling of what the familiar is feeling at the moment. I would say that you can forget all about getting any detailed information through the link. You get whether there are enemies or anything interesting(for a certain value of interesting - the familiar will probably be more interested in food than gold unless it's a raven, for instance), and maybe rough numbers based on how threatening the familiar perceives the enemies to be(orcs probably wouldn't be very threatening to a flying familiar unless it recognizes that they have ranged weapons, whereas an eagle would be VERY alarming).