Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5enBMSH5ghc
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
youtube.com/watch?v=jU4t83cCDaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tried converting the epub, either got error from online converters or is still hanging at 47% on calibre.... epub is the worst format...

n'th for skaven are still playable, so quit your bitching

How easily can you swap between the slaughterbrute and horses in a chaos chariot, do you need magnets or are their holes for it to go in flush

Is there any fun last stand missions for Skirmish? Was planning my next little collection would be a Slaves to Darkness Skirmish army and would love to emulate something like down below.

youtube.com/watch?v=5enBMSH5ghc

BUT MY SPECIFIC SNOWFLAKE SUB FACTION DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH UNITS OR A BOOK YET
REEEEEEEEEEE

I don't like the Dragon Zombie head. Is there an alternative that fits the rotting dragon aesthetic?

That's the stuff I'm gonna buy for sure for Seraphon.
What should I pick next to make a 1000pts list as budget as possible? Another start collecting? The Oldblood on foot, 10 more warriors and 5 more knights would round this list to exactly 1000pts but I don't know if it is a good way to build a seraphon list.
Also I'm buying the skinks box mainly for skirmish so If they are shit I can drop them and buy few models separately and free up additional 120 points on the list

Heroes
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- General
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Skinks (120)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)

680/1000

>Is there any fun last stand missions for Skirmish?
Well, there is a battleplan with "raid the enemy camp and kill the general to win" mission. Also you can use the GHB battleplans for skirmish

Clanrats - spears or swords? or hyper tiny magnets to be able to swap?

swords, much better odds of actually hitting with em, but having a division of spears is good to back the swordrats up because of weapon reach.

If you are using the Spire of Dawn ones there is no need to use magnets. Also you should use spears. Personally, I used to put blades on

epub is cancer, could someone post the siege rules?

Reminder that when the next Death faction comes out, it will be undead stormcast.

Then the next chaos faction after that will be chaos stormcast.

Spears for large units. Swords for skirmish. Ignore

define large?

Another SC would be fine, but a Temple Guard box is 300 points for 55USD, which would bring you to 980 points. A bigger Warrior and Knight block might be better though, but I'm not sure.
Also it's just a personal choice, but I like Priests more than Starpriests. I'm sure you can use the same model for either so it's up to you. I just love their save rerolls, even if it's somewhat unreliable.

>mfw the Dracothion = Sotek meme is finally dead

PRAISE SOTEK.
PRAISE TZUNKI
PRAISE QUETZL
PRAISE TLAZCOATL
PRAISE CHOTEC
PRAISE HUANCHI
PRAISE TEPOK
PRAISE ITZL

cancer

Generally more than 10.

Swords are only good on plague monks.
Well now that the min size is 20, always. Used to be that you could take 10 for 60 points. In 10 man throw away squads, you just arm em with swords. Otherwise you want to get as many attacks as possible with clanrats

Uhh, not to be that guy, but why are spears better? They hit for shit...

Has anyone converted the ghb2 to pdf yet? This epub sucks and conversions don't seem to be working

What's this ratspeak??!?
It's spelled "Tlazcotl", don't you forget it.
He's the best of them all.

Don't have the GHB2 yet but I'll have a check. Cheers.

Damn. It's hard to remember them all lad. They disappeared so so so long ago.

Is getting into this game as death player a farce or should I just play order or some shit?

They're not too bad, plus that way you get a lot more attacks, which works nicely with the warlords ability

hmm, well i guess i'll try it sometime. Im still fairly new to the game

Yeah, I thought the same when I was starting.

> place a single order for $60 worth of paint

where did my life go wrong

You didn't go for triple figures. Shame on you.

So are Chaos Chosen worth it now? They were over costed before.
Is it better to
1. get Chosen
2. More warriors for the points
3. Or Minotaurs?

Can someone give me a list of a good 1000 point beastmen army that works with the new GH2 rules?

So basically High Elves get shafted even more? Everyone else got new allegiance abilities. Not only is our army split into 5 different subfactions, but the core units have been removed. No spearmen, archers, or silverhelms.

Your pdf.

mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Enjoy!

>No elves yet
>No death dudes yet
>No slaanesh yet

Well fuck.

use order grand alliance and stop complaining.
You can mix all the units you want and still use the Order command traits and artefacts

>No slaanesh
>just got allegiance abilities and artefacts
>all of the slaves to darkness units, plus deamonettes and hellstriders.
>needing more than that

So this was just shown on the GW site. Is this a reprint or a new book?
They are actually talking about old fluff?
What did they mean by this?

>‘The Legend of Sigmar’ by Graham McNeill is the first title to be branded “Warhammer Chronicles”. This range of books sees tales from Warhammer Fantasy Battles brought back into print, giving new readers a chance to experience some of the greatest sagas of the World That Was – many of which have a lot of relevance to the Age of Sigmar.

>‘The Legend of Sigmar’ is the perfect example, showcasing the early years of the warrior who became a king, and then a god: Sigmar himself. The novels in the omnibus – ‘Heldenhammer’, ‘Empire’ and ‘God King’ – chart his early life and show how he united warring tribes into the mighty Empire. It’s a fascinating look at times that are now only a myth in the Mortal Realms.

Soon

Honestly, you're not wrong. The only thing to complete that would be a plastic keeper.

So it's pretty much confirmed that pestilens are going to be tailored to skaven rather than nurgle (can't ally with rotbringers or mortals). Maybe we'll see pestigors soon

Fulgrim as the snake deamon will be coming out soon so you can convert one from him

>assuming we won't have a TS style release with a plastic KoS and (for 40k) a primarch

Reprint.

#2 is Rise of Nagash by Mike Lee
#3 is Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy by Steven Saville
#4 is The Sundering by Gav Thorpe

All reprints.

>skaven clans can only ally with skaven
It's truest glorious to be vermin-kin

Can I somehow add my purchase of the physical GH2017 to the app? I'd like to be able to pull the Allegiance Abilities onto the app but it says only available with purchase of the book then takes me for the digital download

You're a god amongst mortals

Can't they just take the Nurgle Allegiance since they have the Nurgle keyword on their wascrolls?

I've rejoined the game after a long hiatus and pretty much all the money I've spend has been on paints lol

The implication may be that high elves/highborn could be getting a battletome sometime between now and the next GHB.

>Allegiance: Warherd
>Battalion: Bullgor Stampede x2
>Doombull x2
>3x3 Bullgor x2
>Ghorgon x2

There. Enjoy your 22-model 2kpts exactly army of rapists.

Oh whoops, you said 1k. Well just go with half of that. Enjoy your 11-man gangrape.

stormvermin have the ability: "clanshields: You can add 1 to the save roll for a unit with Clanshields against attacks that have Damage 1." and the description says SOME units of stormvermin carry clanshields.

Is there any reason you would NOT want them to have shields?The models dont come with shields, so how are you supposed to add them to get it?

Dude, Vampire Counts are back

There's literally no downside to using shields. Also what? The kit should come with too many shields for the amount of models you can make.

Going to piggyback off this comment to let you know that this army is only a rape train IF IT ATTACKS FIRST. Seriously, I've straight up spent turns doing nothing to draw people close enough and then counter attacked them with rapebulls.

im just lookin at pictures of the models, none of them in use have shields

And under 100mb, too! You a good man, user-san!

Rune Guardians when?

So who is this Lord Pha?

ur stoopid

Well the kit comes with 20+ shields for the 20 guys. You lose nothing for equipping shields.

So can someone write me a quick summary about balance in GH17?
What's op, what's good, what's meh, what's bad, what's unplayable.

But majority of arms are twohanding the halberd, making it awkward to add a shield

Slann are usually named Lords. One of the artefacts Seraphon can get is from Hysh (and is one of the few good ones they get ffs).

Also can any Order/Destruction/Death/Chaos force take from the same named warlord traits etc or do they HAVE to take from their specific thing? I haven't read it yet fully.

What do people think about the new Fyreslayer stuff? I think that it makes them much more viable than they were before. The point drop combined with the allegiance abilities look pretty sick. I'm looking at the new mega battalions that you can make and the Vostarg Lodge looks really sick. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the point of having the Lords of the Lodge battalion. With the new rule of one stating that you can't modify the turn order dice roll it seems pretty useless to have as a battalion. Does anyone know if they're going to change that up at all?

you majestic hero

Question what program are people reading the epub of the Generals handbook with cause it has not worked with any of the programs I have used so far

Readium.

>Readium
thanks

So either just say they have them..or slap the shields onto the sides of their arms/on their backs.

Out of curiosity:My take on AOS is such: WHFB had 30 year old great fluff. Age of Sigmar has questionable fluff at best. I've finally made enough money in my life where I can buy models and do hobby stuff.

Why should I invest in AOS?

There are three type of armies in the current meta: ranged, hordes, and elites. Ranged are almost entirely Order and focus on shooting. They are countered by hordes. Hordes focus on drowning opposition, and obsec. They are countered by elites, which are usually cavalry and often have a rule that lets them do D3 damage/attack. Unlike 40K, wounds can spill over to other models, which is why they counter hordes. They are checked by ranged units. This is a very brief overview, but it's what I've seen as most common.

If you like the game. Cause I like the game but not the fluff.

Essentially. If the most important part for you is the fluff, read the books for the setting you like, in this case the old WHFB books.. If you like playing a wargame, choose the game and army with models you like. That's all it really is,

ah. Well then I guess I understand if you just like the game. I was rather saddened that just when I started to be able to pay off my student debt, and afford luxuries in life the world of warhammer fantasy was gone.

The world seemed rich with descriptions of jungles of the new world teaming with lizardmen or the harsh land of norsica.

That being said I'm glad that you enjoy AOS and bear players no grudges. I wish I could be into it however. WHFB looked really cool.

I hope Soulblight gets some foot vamps some time.

I wish they had just done what they did with 40k. Remade the rules. But kept the setting.

Luckily for you WHFB lore isn't going anywhere. At least they did a hard reboot so that the lore didn't get mixed with the questionable AoS stuff. It's too bad that the game itself is pretty dead, but it wasn't that popular before it died anyway.

There's nothing stopping you from playing a game with armies that existed during WHFB and fluffing the fight as happening in the old world.

ALL STAR STREAM ON RIGHT NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=jU4t83cCDaM

Kharadrons aren't looking as appealing now that thunderers are stuck with only one of each special weapon for every 5, are they stuck spamming endrinriggers now? Had a 2k list ready to go and now its just garbage so I'm back to square one planning it out...

>dat faces
Dear lord

That's a lot of people happy to field a rape army (Beastmen)

Disciples of tzeentch a good first army anons? Love the models. Wish they got some heavy infantry of some kind though.

They actually have new abilities that sync up pretty well. Hits with one weapon buff the next, that weapon buffs the next, and the cannon then gets to re-roll hits and wounds.

It's not the best situation now that mortars got reduced to 12"..but at least they didn't actually get that 40 point increase

yea they're pretty nuts, i don't think youd regret starting with them. They are very flavorful and have a lot of fun rules and interactions.

>you will never be on a stream for 2+ hours discussing the generals handbook with your m8s

Also all those guys are married and some have kids. Id say you are judging prematurely

I'm almost feeling like I would have prefered that instead, although I'm probably just being a little bitter at the moment

They're extremely versatile. They have 9 pre-rolled dice you can sub in whenever you want. Need to take a battleshock test? Sub your 1s or 2s. They have Pink Horrors and Tzaangors, some of the best units in the game. Blue Scribes can cast spells on 2+ and enemy wizards must get 9+ to unbind them. Gaunt Summoners can delete 2 horde units per turn, but they have terrible melee stats so mount them on a Balewind Vortex.

>and some have kids.
I would say their wifes have kids.

You wouldn't have. It was a 40 point increase AND all these changes.

So nurgle is next in getting his big book correct? Anyone know the rumors of what's next after the plague father's kids?

oh, yea that would have been horrible. Well hopefully down the road they change them back.

I actually think the changes are alright. Things they could have done better would have been to leave mortars at 36" or at the very least, make Thunderers a battleline unit. Company are alright, but you could really turn Kharadron into a more elite army by replacing those with squads of tougher and more powerful gunners.

Nurgle is next
Then Undead Stormcast for the death GA
Then Chaos Stormcast for Chaos GA
Then Dwarf Stormcast for Order
The Ogor Stormcast for Destruction

Source: my dad works for gw

spent 5 hours trying to convert the epub to pdf, calibre still stuck at 47%. Anyone have a pdf version of ghb2 instead of this epub cancer?